Install Arc
Options

Favorite module

13»

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I voted for Dread ring, but I didnt think Sharandar or IWD were that bad, there were shortcuts in them and you could skip alot of content, without actually adding to the time.

Im still hoping they reverse course and add sigals and scrolls to the skirms, otherwise, =P to them.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually, I would have voted for Shadowmantle. FYI: The poll options have been edited to reflect the proper titles of each module.

i did put the proper titles, you changed it to your invented title :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tbh I don't think ToD is that bad.

However it helps that I:
    1) Have a 2nd monitor, I can browse the nets when waiting. Something I definitely recommend if you can. Though It's really really ideal to resort to it, but it's always nice to have.
    2) I decided to stop caring about completing the campaigns on all/most of my toons
    3) Have the resources so that I don't really have to worry if I really wanted them , though there's other things I'd want more.

Though on the whole every module has been a waste of time to me minus the odd nice addition.
    Except I didn't vote. And we don't have 7 mods.
    But moderators have the ability to edit poll numbers so you don't need 7 mods! (at least on other forum software).
    Or you made other accounts.
    Or <insert conspiracy theory here>
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dread Ring was great.

Launch was fun.

Shar, I don't mind as much as others.

I like Tyranny, but am put off by the grind.

IWD I did not enjoy.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i did put the proper titles, you changed it to your invented title :D

If we're talking campaign titles, sure, but you asked what was your favorite module. Hence, the name change :P
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If we're talking campaign titles, sure, but you asked what was your favorite module. Hence, the name change :P

I didn't even remember it was named shadowmantle. Dread ring on the other hand, well, we all know what it is! :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Mod 1 - Fury of the Feywild
    Sharandar remains my favorite still.

Sharandar / Dread Ring: I love the zones, mobs, npcs, story, and lore.While I really like Dread Ring, I just don't like Thay that much so there really isn't much to offer me in DR except for the Boons. Never-the-less, I do really love the artwork, lore, story and attention to detail in DR. However, while I do like the Thayan equipment appearances, I don't like them on any of my current characters. They don't suit my characters at all, while on the other hand, many of my characters fit well with Sharandar gear as transmute items, and many of my characters have elven related biographies or are elven themselves. I do like the Mulhorand equipment though, but those are locked box items, so don't really count towards Dread Ring in this respect.

When I tried to run all my characters, everyday, through Sharandar and Dread Ring, I began to quickly feel overwhelmed and more like I was at a job instead of playing a game. I realized that this was my own doing from my own alt-o'holicism. Since IWD however, I now choose one or two characters each week and it is those or that character(s) in addition to my main character only that I will play through the daily grind. This has let me get back to actually enjoying the Module's dailies instead of feeling like a never-ending grind.

Icewind Dale: I really do not care for IWD except for the artwork, story and lore (of which I really do love however). PvP is not something I want in an RPG so I have no desire for that aspect of IWD and the rest just feels monotonous. I do like the fun and concept of the Heroic Encounters but I loathe RNG, so having drops based on RNG has killed any enjoyment that I first had for Heroics.

Tyranny of Dragons: I really love how Tyranny of Dragons brought new areas to existing Zones and the dragons are fun to fight. Alas, the RNG aspect of the drops as well as waiting and hopping instances to find an active or close to active dragon has killed my enjoyment of this module as well. I really do love all the artwork, story, and lore that came with ToD. But the only other thing now that ToD makes me happy about ToD is that this module shows that Neverwinter will continue to advance in the Forgotten Realms Timeline.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Can you at least put them in parenthesis?

Like this "Fury of the FeyWild (Sharandar), Shadowmantle (Dread Ring), etc.

Not everyone knows the module names by heart...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Can you at least put them in parenthesis?

Like this "Fury of the FeyWild (Sharandar), Shadowmantle (Dread Ring), etc.

Not everyone knows the module names by heart...
    Sounds good to me, I'll update it now.

carrytiex wrote: »
    But moderators have the ability to edit poll numbers so you don't need 7 mods! (at least on other forum software).
    Or you made other accounts.
    Or <insert conspiracy theory here>
    If we were able to do that and we did do any of that, we'd soon not be Moderators anymore. Everything any user does (edits, deletes, even mod actions) all remains on record, indefinitely. Yes, even all edits remain visible to Staff. Anything posted on our forums is never "truly" deleted.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems most people agree that RNG can be OK (DR had that Artifact RNG) as long as it's an "extra", not a key item (BoP as well, that makes it even worse) you need to complete an equipment set otherwise purchasable/craftable (IwD) or for campaign progress (ToD).

Hope that people in the button rooms take note :P
  • Options
    bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dread Ring is still enjoyable even after 5/6 months of playing. The mini dungeons are the feature that I would like to see a lot more of. Only downside to Dread Ring is it feels slightly short from start to finish.

Then followed by Icewind Dale, the scenery is just fantastic IMO and the campaign length was about spot on. Maybe the RNG aspect of black ice gear was lame but I never wanted it anyway so no big loss.

Joint last are Sharandar/Tyranny of Dailies. Progression feels way too slow to motivate me to bother (especially on alts). Sharandar has decent scenery but not a patch on Dread Ring/Icewind IMO.
  • Options
    kanotakikanotaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This poll needs to be updated, as Rise of Tiamat has been released for a while.

Launch- the point where the game was at its most stable/balanced peak. Okay I was there when the Caturday happened, but I never got involved because I didn't know about it then. The endgame sucked as PvP wasn't that good, but the mass variety of lvl60 epic dungeons covered it. Gauntlgrym was awesome, and I still grind this place for AD dailies. never had a lag in this game. Didn't understand why they took off the other two servers; that really pissed me off.

Sharandar lags on my laptop for some reason, and while the map is extremely beautiful, the enemies are annoying, the Campaigns are a little clunky, and I'm just not interested in it. Dread Ring is great, but it gets boring and lame after farming the Campaign for a while. I don't do Shadowmantle DR unless I want to run a few quick instance for a good chance of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> T1 Thayan Zealot equips, which I can Salvage later for AD. The Lathandar artifact is near impossible to obtain, so I never bother with that. I love to do extreme open world PvP, as well have a heavy amount of challenge thrown at my face, so Icewind Dale is for my priority #1. As of this writing, I'm still 3/4 T3 CBIA, 2/2 T3 CBI Weapons, and 3/3 PBIA (just... want... that... bracer!). Been grinding endlessly on Remo for the last piece (BI Bracers) and still got none. Kessell's Retreat is a useless grind after all 3 C/P BI Accessories are obtained, unless you want to get the Beholder artifact.

I don't like ToD, as I have to travel to several different old maps just to kill a dragon there. The RNG for weapons/belt is far more ridiculously low; I was lucky enough to find a blue Owlbear Leather Belt of INT from the Tyrannical Lockbox. Some enemies are very annoying, much worse than Sharandar Powries and Witherers. The lag just got pretty bad here, every few steps I see another unrendered graphic bug.

As for Rise of Tiamat, I have mixed feelings, but for most I believed the devs went braindead too far (no offense) on this. Much of the enemies are challenging, which is good for me. The map is overly beautiful, and I like it. Much of the HEs are playable compared to IWD. I like how now you can purchase an Artifact Weapon of your choice. However, what I hate about RoT is the RNG. The devs pushed the RNG to the point where QUEST ITEMS (i.e. Dragon Hoard Coffers, Thayan Wizard Gears) are now RNG-based. And the quest items drop at a FINGERBITING PAINFULLY LOW RATE. Herald of Tiamat HEs drop mostly blues and crappy useless T1 purples, which I generally resolve through Salvaging for ADs (epics) or refining for RP (blues). They almost NEVER drop the Artifact gears. There are also complaints about the bugged Fetch Quest where the spirit wolves don't do anything. The new released mount/BI Stone companion are too expensive, let alone the boost packs. These are just for a heads-up.

there goes my two cents
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The first module was the most interesting one at the time of launch since it was fresh and new. Too much dodging required for boss fights though.

The ICW module was good at design but terribly executed due to completely unfair pvp matching mechanism and balances. You can't blame the developers though as you can see they spent quite a bit of time to plan out a decent black ice system with crafting, resource gathering, HEs and open world pvp. Unfortunately again, everything was spoiled as pvp is badly spoiled.

The honor of the worst module definitely goes to Tiamat. Nothing new has been introduced other than the jewelry crafting but realistically the new profession has nothing to do with dragons. The "new" artifact sets are actually recycled money-grab idea that aimed at forcing players to either buy zen from Cryptic or illegal sellers.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I voted module 3, I have no real complaints about the IWD campaign. Shame that the new PvP gear will make BI obsolete in some ways...
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i predict mod6 will be IWD2 with dungeon...
  • Options
    emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dread Ring. For the masterrrrs!:p

Love the lairs, landscape and antagonists - the whole feel of it.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    carrytiex wrote: »
    Dessert is way better imo.

you can have a dessert at lunch :p
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Module3:
    Not because of the mod3 itself but until mod3 we could make our living doing dungeon runs like CN.
    Mod4 killed it and no other hard dungeon was created to worth farming to be close that income!

I really don't like a levelling gear concept and prefer farmable and sellable purple gear.

And mod4 gave a lots of power creep to the game. We can go through dungeons like it was nothing.
    Yes dragons are cool and I am waiting Tiamat's Temple but I am afraid it will be too easy again!
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I vote for Sharandar, simply because I think its the most beautiful, spooky zone to date. And it reminds me of the Cimerora zone in City of Heroes.

Dread Ring - the zones feel like a barren wasteland, kind of leave me feeling "meh". I do like the decent reward though from the mini dungeons.

IWD - and here it begins, where "normal" content requires higher and higher GS. When I first brought my HR into this area, the mobs tore me up.

TOD - after you've fought the same dragon over and over, it gets boring. Different skins and graphical effects, but basically the same attack pattern for all of them. Wish they had broke up the zone into multiple parts, like they did with Sharandar.
    And I don't care for the zerging of the dragons every hour, you get knocked off your horse once ( or cant mount up because you're the one guy that got agro from trash mobs), you cannot catch up - the dragons die that fast.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mod 0
    Yay, all those realms with nice stories. Drops everywhere, weekly wards.

Mod 1 - Fury of the Feywild (Sharandar)
    Was the beginning of the grind. Undelivered new class (HR).

Mod 2 - Shadowmantle (Dread Ring / DR)
    Was cool. Open realm. Various types of foes.

Mod 3 - Curse of Icewind Dale (Icewind Dale / IWD)
    At least an alternative to Protector Enclave, a new place with mailpost.
    No need to stay in the spammer-infested PE any more. Nice. But concerns too, like this elusive black ice drop
    that was never dropping.

Mod 4/5 - Tyranny of Dragons (ToD)
    The mod of the reuse. Hey this part is from Dread ring. Hey this part is from Castle Never. Hey this part is from Vellosk.
    The successive nerfs, bugs, fixes, patches, reworks that brought the balance to its current state. Unrecoverable and beyond repair, like Mickael Jackson's nose.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's alive!!!!

Locked in . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I reall like Tyranny of Dragons

The next would be Dread ring

Then Icewind
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mod 5, time efficient HE's