test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Feedback

herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Temple
Jan 2015 Update:
I am no longer the "advocate"/"feedback reporter." But we can keep this going into Mod 6.
After this post is out of my hands.

Hey,

So, yeah, I've taken over as DC advocate (shortly after previous one left) and I've been collecting feedback mostly from the Preview Board.
Now that Mod5 is out, most of the feedback will be on this board and the bug reports (with occasional posts on the Gameplay/PvP board).

So, let's organize it a little bit so that it is easier for the devs to hear what you have to say.
By 'feedback' I mean: how are the new powers/feats/modes working for you? what changes do you suggest? what seems to be bugged?
Basically it's 3 types of things: personal experience, suggested changes, bugged things.

Here's some guidelines:
-Post direct feedback - don't comment on other people's feedback (not matter how good/bad).

-Post detailed feedback - describe the situation; is it PvP/PvE?; is it high-end/low-end group/dungeon?; what powers/feats/boons/gear are you using?; what is your goal in that situation?

-Post focused feedback - long tl;dr rants about general state of the game(s) and humanity don't have much actionable content.

Here's some examples:

Personal experience: Divine mode
I find it hard to cast my At-wills fast enogh to generate divinity AND avoid getting hit. By the time I build up Empowered stacks everything is dead, and then I lose them shortly after exiting combat. So, most of the fights I lose out on Empowered buffs.

Suggestion: Give us better gear
High Prophet set is by far the most popular for team buffing and it limits the playstyles. Also, we need some gear for Righteous DCs that has Armor Penetration and Lifesteal with a good 4p bonus (that does not focus on healing). Maybe Grand Templar can buff Power and Crit severity every 15-20 seconds (and stats provide ArP instead of Recovery)?

Bug: Divine Glow and weapon enhancements
Divine Glow doesn't seem to proc weapon enhancements.

NB:

-I will still include most feedback (it's not up to me to filter good from bad), but I think it'll be most beneficial if it is formated in the aforementioned manner.

-My feedback is not valued above any other. Personally, I am more inclined to avoid posting feedback, except for bug reports.

-I do this because I want the Devs and Players to have a good way of communicating their intentions with each other.
Co-Founder of -Valor-
vih2r9.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congratulations with your new role and i wish you best.

Personal feedback:
    I like how i perform in new system, but this doesn't come from new Empowered system, but from overall dps increase. I like previous system, it was cleaner and more tactical. So let make it cleaner what we have now - lets enable empowered mode with tab like divinity mode.

I like Empowered FF, other skills should have own unique visual effects in this mode.

All skills should have text description. Reduces damage/armor? Please dev write it down for how much.

Astral Seal change - i found this change most hurting to non-healer role.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only thing I likely am ever going to say- Empowered Monkey Business is a Pain in the A... I hate it, I'd like it to go away, it makes me not even want to play my clerics. Sunburst is completely useless now, except for soloing zombie farms. Astral Shield was good the way it was.

One last thing about Empowered... since I know it is somebody's baby, and as bad as it is, they are probably proud of it and it isn't going anywhere. The idea that we have no indicator of where it is until it gives a floater, which we tend to make a habit of ignoring, is hateful. Put little rings inside the encounter slot icon or something as an indicator.

It is a pain. No other class has to micromanage to that extent. Why do we?
  • raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2014
    How can we give feedback with so much broken? Gift of Faith totally changes gameplay and makes everything else hard to really evaluate at this point. With out fixes and changes the feedback will just be wrong and add to the problems.

First really enjoy the changes to damage and that from a solo pve standpoint we can burn through content as fast as many other classes.

My personal feedback comes from seeing 5 DC in premade in PvP. None can be killed with GoF bug, they were not capping to win but trapping players in the match and making they quit. they could technically make the match last for hours. Pretty epic trolling. Even a solo DC with proper build can do 30-50k burst heals on your group, which is game breaking in domination. If there are 2 DC with the correct build they can make a domination match last an hour with ease. Was this intended or even tested?

Some more personal feedback is from conversations with other DC. It seems that many high end DC now employ outside help to combat the new spam system like third party keyboard and mouse programs to auto spam abilities. So that one key stroke or mouse click or button push will auto click three abilities in a row or even a sequence of multiple abilities because there is no cooldown now. I have a clear advantage over another player who does not do this. There have been many other mmo that benefit from having gaming mouse, but up until now in NW it was just about key binding not recording spam or triple button clicks.

Want to turn DC into a serious OP machine for min/max players. Put ArP on gear please, would make for a excellent christmas present.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • raflas81raflas81 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Empowerment mechanic is totally distasteful , and made me stop playing my DC . The buffs on normal modes on spells are ok. Some like BoH are ridiculously strong and others like Exaltation is nothing much . I really dont understad / Like having to cast 3 nerfed versions of a spell of mine in divine mode to charge empowerement . Too much spamm ! Give us back our old Divinity mechanic . Also i prefered single target healing word cause it was faster to cast (1 click)
  • arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2014
    Personal Experience: Only getting divinity with at wills

My cleric is a PvP only character. Unless there is a trick that I'm missing, it becomes completely annoying to deal with opposing team members who live in stealth. Our at wills are slow, and trying to lock in on a target long enough to actually get some casts off to build divinity is nearly impossible. I'd prefer to see less divinity gain from at wills and allow for some divinity gain from standard encounter powers again. If I need to do some emergency divinity casts because the rogue is slashing my health down, I sometimes have to cast on their decoy so I can get some critical casts in, which is nothing but a benefit for them. If this is simply the mechanics of my play style (I'm by no means an expert player, and don't have a lot of time in my life to play and test), a simple "you're doing it wrong" with an explanation of how I should be doing it right would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Experience so far is based on solo PvE including WoD HEs. I've gone with the Faithful build and I like the overall survivability I get with this. I'll see how it performs in a dungeon when I unlock Lostmauth.

My 2 cents.

Personally I'm not a fan of the empowered mechanic. Casting at-wills to build divinity to cast devine spells to build empowerment to cast empowered encounters is one game mechanic too many IMO. As I mentioned in preview I find it to be a chaotic playstyle. I'll note that I've got 5 points in Bountiful Fortune and build divinity very fast IMO.

It seems a little pointless to make suggestions at this stage. The window for major change has passed and I suspect this is here to stay for some time.

I do need more experiece with the changes but at this stage I'd like to see further simplification at some point. For an action combat game I think we've got too many choices with normal encounters, divine encounters and 3 levels of empowered encounters. It might just be me though, I've also ditched real-time strategy in favour of turn-based strategy in other games.

[Edit] After playing all classes today except the GWF, my DC seems to be the least reliant on at-wills. Where at-wills provide a lot of filler while encounters are on cool-down for other classes, the DC is using divine encounters for part of this time. I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing, merely an observation. [/Edit]

The only other thing to note at this stage is that feedback in terms of when you're fully empowered is poor but it was noted in review that they didn't expect to be able get to UI support to "do this properly" (my words not theirs). It's nice that there's a seemingly automatic switch out of divine mode once you're out of divinity although BotS kind of messes with this.

[Edit] I wasn't able to keep up with everything in preview so this may have been answered.

Can we get some clarification regarding how Lasting Wishes (T1 Virtuous, heal for +10% more) and Chaplain's Strength (T3 Faithful, healing increased by +10% when a foe in within 30' of you) feats work? As read the T3 feat is inferior to T1 as it has an additional requirement of enemy presence, although the wording is subtly different (more vs increased). Is this a frequency vs size thing, seems around the wrong way if it is? [/Edit]
  • raflas81raflas81 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It seems a little pointless to make suggestions at this stage. The window for major change has passed and I suspect this is here to stay for some time.
    I have a 17 k DC / 18 k PVP my only char and loved him up until these changes .

I really hope that this isnt the case . I really hope they reroll the DC back to how it was with the old Divinity playstyle . The Feat changes are really nice even though we lost linked spirit and hallowed ground healing. So we could keep those .

This playstyle is total Fluke .They gave us stronger normal spells and a useless mechanism instead of old divine mode because that would be too strong .

So i suggest , Rerol back everything , ability values too . Keep the new feats / improvved casting times / 3 dodges . And build from there (some spells might need some small numerical buffs)

I really think that with the old divine mode and the new feats (the Dps tree ) i could actually do more damage than what i m doing now

I have a 17 k DC / 18 k PVP my only char, loved him up until these changes . If nothing is done about this distasteful and spammy playstyle my journey to neverwinter will have to come to an end . I always play healing classes and this game aint have many . and i cant forgive the destruction of a class i loved , and invested 5 months of my time on . You wont make me start all over again ... just because u had a "bright" idea .

Also generally this game got too much dps . and each patch more and more dps is added . who told u that Killing last boss in Elol in 15 phase 1 and 15 phase two seconds is fun ? u need to nerf all dps in the game ALOT ( personal opinion)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because nobody likes the empowerment mechanic. I personally completely ignore it and just spam whatever I feel like without a second thought. A suggestion to try out first is to first remove it, and give divine powers a cooldown, but separate from normal encounters. Cut D-gain fro at-wills in half, and give normal encounters 50% divinity gain per bar.
  • bytesmeebytesmee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's nice to be able to go about my dailies without taking 3 years to kill. The damage increase and new feat tree is gladly accepted.

With empowered now, each skill having 3 different 'effects' makes knowing what to use and when to use it slightly more complicated. Having 2 modes (Normal/Divine only) was, I think, the sweet-spot.

Divinity gain, even with it being quite fast, is still quite annoying. I sorely miss my encounters gaining divinity while out of combat/no mobs around. It's a race at the end of a fight to gain enough divinity for the next group of mobs. Having to waste the first few seconds of a fight gaining divinity can be a risk for certain parties.

Gear definitely needs an update now though. As much as I love the High Prophet set, I'm getting tired of using it. I know I could simply use another set, but I would be consciously gimping myself for some extra stats (that are most likely reaching the DR cap) and an unneeded set bonus.
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel we are keeping the party alive very well, perhaps too well. HW in normal and BoH spanned in divine and empowered modes can easily heal allies back to full. However, once grabbed by a CW, the DC is dead, not standing a single chance...

Suggestion: Reduce heals to allies, give exhaustion cc immunity.

Also, the three blue things floating signifying that the empowered mode is ready is not noticeable in pvp. When there are multiple people around, I can't see how many blue things are on me at all.

Suggestion: Elevate the position of the blue things. Perhaps make them float a feet above the character's head.
  • aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love my new Dc and i don't hate the new empowered. I also like the divine power charge whit at-will only. Looking at forum, i saw there a lot of people complain about DC to be immortal, when 1 CW can easy CC us to deth in few sec... GoF isn't so OP, if you don't get hitted after reach the 45% Hp (at last in Pve for what i notice :/) wont proc. Don't know how in pvp go, but each time i join pvp there 1 or 2 CW that perma CC me and whipe me at the ligth velocity. I don't know where people see immoratl DC, prob i'm not 1 of them :/

As i say, i like my new Dc, it's better then the old 1 spamming AS and go take a coffe :/ I hope they will leave it like this.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bytesmee wrote: »
    It's nice to be able to go about my dailies without taking 3 years to kill. The damage increase and new feat tree is gladly accepted.

With empowered now, each skill having 3 different 'effects' makes knowing what to use and when to use it slightly more complicated. Having 2 modes (Normal/Divine only) was, I think, the sweet-spot.

Absolutely my point...

...the damage boost is well accepted, and as long as you're fully in control of combat it's all nice and sweet, BUT there should be a clearer visual indicator for Divine Mode than the colour of the reticle indicator - ESPECIALLY since after triple charging Empowered you don't have any colour left in the reticle. That is a real PITA. Then I die because my ISP ate my tab keystrike, I'm still in Divine, and can't fire off anything at alll as I'm empty - and the reply takes like half a to a full second to reach my screen. => Sad Panda...
    bytesmee wrote: »
    Divinity gain, even with it being quite fast, is still quite annoying. I sorely miss my encounters gaining divinity while out of combat/no mobs around. It's a race at the end of a fight to gain enough divinity for the next group of mobs. Having to waste the first few seconds of a fight gaining divinity can be a risk for certain parties.

Gear definitely needs an update now though. As much as I love the High Prophet set, I'm getting tired of using it. I know I could simply use another set, but I would be consciously gimping myself for some extra stats (that are most likely reaching the DR cap) and an unneeded set bonus.

You could consider using the PvP gear - faster divinity gain as set bonus and stat boost as chosen. If only that stuff were cheaper... ...will take a few more dozens of Grym runs to get it for me. But if you do please report on your experience.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi!

Love the new DC in PVE, miss Astral Shield as it was, love the Empowered system, now i can be on par with other classes, don't have the feel of uselessness or begging in Icewind, when i solo. Agree with posts above, visuals should be fixed.

Since i have more toons i have to take care for them too, so in PVP the DC, if i see it as DC player rocks, but if i see it from the view point of my other toons, it is terrible. A PVP speced combo of 2 or 3 DCs is immortal. Had to play yesterday against 3 DCs and two TRs. I think everybody knows the end result... Of course it was a premade team, with 25K GS in it, from a highly known PVP guild, who now collect PUG heads as trophies, congratulation. Ranking once again fails, doesn't show anything, but trolling. It feels, like i was a 10 year old kid and had to fight against an adult pro boxer.

Sunburst is very good for self defense, but 2 or 3 DCs spamming it all day is way too OP in PVP, combined with a couple of TRs. My solution idea would be to set matchmaking so, that it should limit DC and TR to only 1 in the team.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi!

Love the new DC in PVE, miss Astral Shield as it was, love the Empowered system, now i can be on par with other classes, don't have the feel of uselessness or begging in Icewind, when i solo. Agree with posts above, visuals should be fixed.

Since i have more toons i have to take care for them too, so in PVP the DC, if i see it as DC player rocks, but if i see it from the view point of my other toons, it is terrible. A PVP speced combo of 2 or 3 DCs is immortal. Had to play yesterday against 3 DCs and two TRs. I think everybody knows the end result... Of course it was a premade team, with 25K GS in it, from a highly known PVP guild, who now collect PUG heads as trophies, congratulation. Ranking once again fails, doesn't show anything, but trolling. It feels, like i was a 10 year old kid and had to fight against an adult pro boxer.

Sunburst is very good for self defense, but 2 or 3 DCs spamming it all day is way too OP in PVP combined with a couple of TRs. My solution idea would be to set matchmaking so, that it should limit Dc and TR to only 1 in the team.
    Empowered sigh what I would like to see are some guides. I never ever have enough divinity mana to cast something empowered. I get the 3 blue dots circling around me, but when it comes to cast it empowered I don't have enough Divinity mana. Hell no I don't want to use 5 feat picks on maximum Divinity power in those first Feats before Paragon paths Feats.

Perhaps I make a mistake, but then please enlighten me. For example a youtube video HOW TO cast empowered and HOW TO have enough Divine mana to cast empowered because I run always out of Divine mana with my current build.

I am Righteous Paragon Path so dps path and not focused on healing in Paragon feats currently. I am not to stubborn if there comes later good builds to 5th mod I might reselect feats etc. even though it costs.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Empowered sigh what I would like to see are some guides. I never ever have enough divinity mana to cast something empowered. I get the 3 blue dots circling around me, but when it comes to cast it empowered I don't have enough Divinity mana. Hell no I don't want to use 5 feat picks on maximum Divinity power in those first Feats before Paragon paths Feats.

Perhaps I make a mistake, but then please enlighten me.[...]

You have to cast the Empowered one in normal, non-divine mode.

Try it out / practice it with FF, that has an un-ignorable visual effect. Great stuff....
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personal Experience:

I did test Faithful and Righteous, went Righteous, because I'm PvE. Even in PvP the path is strong, but not too OP. We are a force now, not everybody likes that...
    Faithful tree is fine as well. In PvE they can debuff decently and provide strong heals, which some might need still. In PvE they are no food for the DPS classes anymore, but not broken as many state. Their capstone is balanced by design. A fully empowered Bastion of Health would heal for 40k+, but has a long cast time. Astral Shield is limited in use, if we haven't empowered it 3 times. It's fine too.

Divinity gain is right on spot. Since DCs are used to throw Astral Seals at the beginning of a rotation since forever, it's quie intuitive.

Having to empower a spell gives many possibilites. I like it alot. The reduced cast times are very good, except for Prophecy of doom.

Suggestion: Let Prophecy provide CC-immunity/decreased threat or something like that. Other than that, I'm very pleased with the changes. Thanks.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Regarding armour sets, it seems that too many of the cleric sets give recovery, the problem with recovery is that the softcap is reached fast, some of the new artifact weapons also have recovery as extra stats. Please we don't need that much recovery.

Regarding the High Prophet set, I think that many would agree that they would not like the best armour not be a T1, but having said that, the problem is that High Prophet bonus is already too strong (is there any set from any class better than it ?), I don't see how they can actually provide a better set bonus. My suggestion is that they simply replace that bonus with a more mundane bonus like the other T1 sets. I know this will upset a lot of clerics, but if they don't do this, then the game can get to module 50 and the reaction to every new armour set created will go exactly like this: "thats interesting but the High Prophet is better".
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you everyone for your input and thank you for staying on-topic. This is great!

I send out the reports on Mondays, so I'll be collecting everything today until midnight.I also try to send out a mid-week report around Wednesday/Thursday (it is not required, but I do it to avoid spending too much time in one sitting).

Again, I do not edit your posts in any way; and posting feedback here is not a guarantee that it will be acted upon. However, the Devs will hear what you have to say and will consider it.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    In PvE:

I greatly dislike the change to Divine Astral Shield. I'd much rather it have remained similar to how it was before, in regards to it being a temporary ground aoe buff/regen effect.

I really do like the empowered system. No complaints on its mechanics, only praise, on this! Good job! My only quam is I find it hard to know when I am in Empowered as the buff icons are not within my immediate attention area on screen, and moving it anywhere noticeable means that my portrait will be taking valuable screen space.

<removed other feedback while I further
    get advice and test things out>

In PvP:

No comment, I do not PvP.
  • heljspeheljspe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PVE REVIEW: (Haven't tired PvP yet)
    I'm enjoying the new DC. It took a couple days to get it sorted out and pick a rotation I liked (and a very patient guild who did lots of runs with me xD). I play it very differently to my old DC, pretty much just consider it a new class.
    I dont mind Empowered, but I think it really really needs a different guide, I often don't notice the floating balls until I'm outta combat. Something obvious near the dev bar or on the encoutner bar would be lovely.
    One problem I've found is you can't mix the top two feat trees. The final boon in the second tree means that the boons in the first tree don't proc if they require heal-over-time to proc (eg - the first column bottom feat won't ever proc for me). Sadface.
    The biggest problem I've had is with lag. Anyone else getting that? There was a thread somewhere else I think, but certian specs are bringing the game to a stand-still for everyone (not just the DC). Im not sure if its to do with dev, divine glow, Burning Guidence, shared burdens, a combination of these, or something else, but everywhere I go lately, as soon as I start attacking something procs that just slows the whole game down. Not only that, but in a lot of runs (skrimish and dungon) it's been the clerics at the top of the table. BG is proc'ing too much somehow (please don't nerf it, just fix it like it was in mod4? =] ).
    Yea, so Im really enjoying it. Took a lot of getting used to, and theres still a few tweaks Im working out, but hopefuly theyll fix the lag like they did for the GF lag bug and we'll be sweeeeeet. :D
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My righteous DC just blew through an arena style Foundry not meant for one player in record time. Faster than even my CW.

The divine power spamming is madness. Huge mob appears, obliterate them with 1 or 2 blasts from divine searing light.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe the 3 blue balls could circle out heads, like an aureole or something, as someone suggested earlier.
    It is quite hard to see them, since the blue is such a light hue and the placement isn't ideal.
  • shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Grats and thank you to herundrion for becoming the new advocate.Good luck!

Here's my feedback on the overall performance of the new DC:

Feedback and bugs

I've been a supporter of the new mechanic since the start,I'm really enjoying the new DC.It takes a while to get used to,but it's worth it! That being said,there's a few things that I feel need to be addressed:

-Powers

Sunburst: As I have said before,I don't like the knockback on normal version.In PvE,it's bad since your scatter adds.In PvP,it's OP since it's an aoe knockback with low cd,which means you can knock your enemies off point way too often.Because of this,I'd recommend switching normal sunburst to a short stun,which gets upgraded to a knockback when empowered,increasing the distance with each stack.Sunburst also ignores cc immunity from block and (I think) unstoppable. (Dodge and itc seem to work though,as do cc immune monsters.Not sure about sprint.)

Healing word: It looks like it gets less benefit from empowered stacks than it should.Unless the mentioned boost to healing refers only to one of its 2 heals,that is (burst-HoT).

Break the spirit: The base stun duration from the divine version lasts a bit too long.3 seconds is too much,even with the decreased duration per cast.I'd recommend decreasing this to about 2 seconds.

Divine Glow: Does not properly benefit from Empowered stacks.The duration should increase by 2 seconds per stack,but even with 3 stacks,the duration remains 6 seconds.

Astral shield: When the power was offering multiplicative DR,I remember mentioning/complaining that this was preventing DCs from supporting our allies against big hits,as both the multiplicative nature of DR boost and the absorption from empowered version only helped against minor attacks.However,the flat 30% additive DR boost that we get now is too much.I think it should be decreased to about 8% additive DR per rank,so that we get 24% at rank 3,like before Mod 5.I feel it's too powerful to be left as is.

-Feats

Heroic Feats: They need a rework quite desperately.Feats Initiate of the faith,Domain Synergy and Templar's Domain are extremely underpowered.

Virtuous: The issue with this tree is Purity.For one,I'm not sure if it's working properly.The tooltip states that there's a chance to increase healing of HoT effects by 200%.So,the way I understand this,it should proc on a tick and that tick's heal should become 200% more powerful.What it actually does,is add an extra tick,which heals for 200% more than the tick is was based on.That actually means an increase of 300% though,not 200%.As for it's utility... It's a bit too powerful and too situational at the same time.In PvE,you can't rely on it.Virtuous is about sustaining,not burst heals.So,when an ally gets hurt by a big hit,you can't just say "Wait a bit,my purity should proc any moment now".On the other hand,it's quite OP in pvp,because there's a constant flow of incoming dmg.It's not a situational big hit you have to heal,it's constant hits and in this scenario,Purity is too powerful.Let's compare it with Cleansing Fire,the other T4 feat of the tree.Cleansing fire has a 50% chance to heal,but it can't proc again for 20 seconds.It heals 5 times in that duration,for about 950 per tick.That's 4750,let's round it up to 5k,favoring Cleansing Fire.What does Purity grant? A 10% chance to proc on any HoT.Let's assume you have 2 HoT encounters on your bar.All HoTs tick for 10-12 times,due to capstone feat converting burst heals into HoTs.Let's assume we slot Bastion of health and Divine Glow plus some other,non-HoT spell.Because of the 10% chance for Purity and 10-12 HoT ticks per encounter cast,this will roughly proc once per encounter.My divine glow's ticks are ~750 and my bastion of health's ~1000.Since Purity will triple those,we get an extra 2250 from DG and 3k from BH.That's 5250,let's round it down to 5k,favoring Cleansing Fire once again.Now,because the cooldowns of those 2 spells are ~11 seconds,we can actually do almost 2 rotations in the same amount of time (the 20-second window that cleansing fire is on icd),meaning we get ~10k healing from purity in those 20 seconds,compared to 5k from Cleansing fire.On top of that,shield of the divine can also proc Purity and since it heals for 1.1k per tick,that's 3.3k from purity,also twice in that 20 second frame.Overall,with math that is strongly favoring cleanising fire,we get 5k from cleansing fire in the same amount of time that Purity can heal 15k.And as if that wasn't enough,purity actually benefits from crits,while I have never seen cleansing fire crit.This can take purity up to ~33k hp healed in 20 seconds.Even with healing depression,that's a bit too much for a feat.Because of that,I'd recommend increasing the proc chance,so that it becomes a reliable sustain proc,but greatly decrease the healing amount or add a cooldown so that the same person can't be affected more than once every few seconds.

Faithful: Gift of faith still heals for more than the max Hp.Additionally,Im not sure that gift's health storing is done properly.I've gained massive heals from it without using any heals at all.

Righteous: To be honest,I haven't spent much time on this tree.I played around a bit on Mimic,but all I saw was randomly huge damage numbers from bugged buff interactions.I know the latest patch fixed the FF and BtS bugs,not sure if these were the only reason for the insane damage though.Hopefully the damage is now on normal levels.

-Righteousness

With all the boosts to healing that we recently got,I think +70% healing to allies is a bit of an overkill(...overheal).It makes people almost immortal in PvP.Something around +50% would be better.

Overall,I'm really happy with the changes.In PvE,I can finally clear my dailies at a decent speed and in dungeons,I can buff my allies,while doing great healing and actually contributing damage-wise as well.I have a much more active role in the run.In PvP,we are doing great,if not slightly OP.I feel that with changes to the bugged/OP abilities I mentioned above,we will be very well balanced.I think it's all about adjusting to the changes,both for DCs and for those facing them.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I admit that I stopped playing my DC a month or so ago (AC). Now, I've re-feated him to Righteous and I'm totally lost. I did the WoD dailies two days ago and while I did have fun, I didn't "get" the new changes. Nothing works like it used to so I don't really have any input to give you other than this:

The buffs were very welcome but this whole Empowerment business is way too confusing. Is it up? Did I lose it? I'm so lost . . .

/rookie comments
    I aim to misbehave
  • leftyy13leftyy13 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It would be nice if daunting light in normal mode was instant cast. For pve its okay (it will do) but would make this encounter more viable in pvp

Someone above mentioned length of BTS stun. I'm not sure this gets used much in pve, but in pvp its needed. It isn't much but the cc we do have is needed. It doesn't seem to last the whole 3 seconds anyway with tenacity, I would not like to see the stun duration decreased.

To the poster above, if you are playing righteous I don't even worry about empowered encounters when i'm out soloing. If i'm doing a dragon I will drop 3 divine daunting lights in order to get the empowered one. Everything drops before you even need to worry about it.

As so many people have mentioned throughout these forums, rework of the heroic feats would be greatly appreciated
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    leftyy13 wrote: »
    To the poster above, if you are playing righteous I don't even worry about empowered encounters when i'm out soloing. If i'm doing a dragon I will drop 3 divine daunting lights in order to get the empowered one. Everything drops before you even need to worry about it.

Thanks @leftyy13. I worked with one of my guildmate DC's last night. My biggest issue was that I was looking for the Pips to change or something; wasn't even paying attention to the "globes" floating around my waist. :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • tribulationxtribulationx Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    SUNBURST is in fact bugged, and ignoring CC immunity such as GF shield block, and GWF sprint / unstoppable. Several people have posted this, nobody wants to respond, as per usual.

Sunburst is NOT WAI, and it must be corrected ASAFP.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You have to cast the Empowered one in normal, non-divine mode.
    Thank you! Your answer is right! Yes I know how to cast Empowered now.
  • avaierusavaierus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    I've posted this before but I guess no harm putting it in the Feedback thread. I can't seem to get the Faithful capstone's Gift of Faith to activate all the time. Another player has told me of the same problem.

What happens is that sometimes, when my DC's health falls below 45%, the stored heals from Gift of Faith activate and I get healed. Sometimes, it just refuses to activate. I've noticed that this seems to happen when my DC takes damage that's over 50% of my health and usually when I'm at full health when taking that damage.

A detailed bug report with combat logs in the link below showing inconsistencies in Gift of Faith's activation:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795551-Gift-of-Faith-not-always-activating-when-HP-drops-below-45

One theory is that Gift of Faith doesn't actually store heals when the DC is at full health and healing spells are cast, or Gift of Faith simply doesn't work when the DC at full health takes sudden damage that brings his health to below 45%. Whatever the case is, it's not explained in the tooltip and Gift of Faith is currently not very reliable compared to the Virtuous capstone which seems to activate more reliably.

If this is an intended gameplay mechanic for Gift, or otherwise, would like to request for a clarification and/or a fix. Thanks in advance if anyone if looking into it. If Gift cannot be fixed or is intended to only activate on occasion despite HP falling below 45%, I'm very uncertain if I will want to use the Faithful capstone in my future adventures in the game world.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    first, good luck
    feed back:
    the new mechanics is very fun, we do lot more damage, healing and buffing
    took me while to figure you don't have to cast empower with the same divine encounter
    so there many options to play

as many said, sun burst penetrate guard and unstoppable. as much as I am happy to see GWF's flying high, I feel bit bad for the GF's

fire of the gods continue to do damage after you die, did few double kills while I am dead...

empower astral shield in PVP is relay strong. I have a feeling its doing the subtraction after the damage reductions.
    so if you are tanky (40% DR) + HG (15% DR) + tenacity and you have 30K hp (2.7K absorb) --> you are almost immortal
    strong GWF 20K+ will wipe you in few sec (even if you are 20K DC...) but for many average players or classes with damage over time you can sustain long enough to kill them easily.
    DPS cleric can sustain it for almost 30 sec due to the avatar feat T5, and with the high damage we do its really easy to kill average players
    but seeing end game pvp players, I can say that at those levels DC is defiantly not OP. 20K+ DC will probably not manage to kill other classes with similar GS (probably since its absorb and there is some kind of threshold)

bottom line, I don't have the answer
    if it will do the subtract before the DR% it will have very low impact (some CW can easily land 60K ice knife on you)
    (maybe make it 2% max HP absorb + 33% control resist per stack...)
    but its pissing many ppl in PVP and it makes PVE way too easy

our healing is crazy high, you feel it in mainly PVE .
    maybe its time to eliminate righteousness so PVE will be more challenging

I know its sound like I want "nerf"
    but I prefer they will adjust us in the right places rather then do flat -50% of all we have