test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Emergency Maintenance 11/21 at 7 AM PST (Completed)

Comments

• Options
    sbert12yellsbert12yell Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2014
    robrobson wrote: »
    All HEs can be soloed easily (at least for CW) - sorry but it is very unchallenging. And it's new module but we have only one instance where we can repeat some quests day by day.. Minidungeons - at least one is just Dread Spire from top to the bottom (rest are probably also reworked minidungeons from old content..). We are going to fight Tiamat soon but it's still very poor piece of content :(

You know what I'm sorry for, for saying you're full of ****, oh wait no I'm not. You're full of ****. That invincible one isn't even completable.
  • Options
    pietreanupietreanu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why is not the clock is 17:27 .....
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pietreanu wrote: »
    Why is not the clock is 17:27 .....

18:28 here :)
  • Options
    dhopperdhopper Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frombeed wrote: »
    How about hiring some professional developers so you don't have so many issues all the time? Maybe hire some from Blizzard?

ROFL!! My whole guild was saying that SAME thing yesterday in Teamspeak!...... Makes ya think don't it?
  • Options
    gurneyhalgurneyhal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I understand sometimes the server has to come down but please put these messages in the "connecting to account server" splash screen. I don't know if the problem is my client, my internet connection, or the server, and I have to hunt around in forums to see if server is up. At least put the above message on the main page instead of

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795941-Neverwinter-Emergency-Maintenance-11-21-at-7-AM-PST
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    wonder what the emergency was...

They needed the outlet the server was plugged in for Akro's hairdryer.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Which is great and bugs do happen. But lets be honest, they've yet to release one stable release and are slow to fix some issues, ie the cn door glitch that took them about a year. It's great to support games you love, but I've personally come to the point where I wonder what the point is when they show such a lack of quality control and do more to punish us than help us, why should I support them anymore?

People backlashed against rp from enchants being bound because that was the only way to get enough supply to feed your gear and then they kill it off further by raising the icd. They're pushing rp the same way they pushed us to pay $10 for a coal ward, though I have no idea why some are still available on the AH for slightly less since the unbound ones have been unavailable from other methods for a while.

I'd prefer to support a company that values their customers and players.

I've played quite a lot of online games and MMO and this one isn't any less stable on a new release than other products.
  • Options
    drstrange01drstrange01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maintenance started at 9:50 my time(est) so that ment your time was 10 min to soon in fact i was in a dungoen Malabarg one and our team was killing the dragon one the second jump. when we were kicked. I hope that my key wont just disapear because of the server error.
  • Options
    nevervisitnevervisit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How about hiring some professional developers so you don't have so many issues all the time? Maybe hire some from Blizzard?
    dhopper wrote: »
    ROFL!! My whole guild was saying that SAME thing yesterday in Teamspeak!...... Makes ya think don't it?
    LOL yeah, like WoW never has maintenance or emergency patches ever :rolleyes:
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know what I'm sorry for, for saying you're full of ****, oh wait no I'm not. You're full of ****. That invincible one isn't even completable.

Gotta love people that dont read patch notes before they go off. You are AWSOME! Guess the cloak he dropped for me last night must of been my imagination.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

The fact that you know that movie as well as I do just goes to show how demented as a society, we have become. :) Unless you just looked it up and pasted and copied it over. In that case I am sure that there is a high branch job in the government in your future...
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

GhostCrawler made the WoW classes pretty balanced... with the cost of making Mages insanely good.

If you think Control Wizards are too good right now, imagine if some of the Blizzard's devs come here.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    junglegirl777junglegirl777 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I saw that there was a maintenance coming, but I didn't realize they were going to kick me out 15 minutes ahead of it. I hope they fix everything they need to mess with for the next week or so. Haha. Maintenance 2-3 days in a row is beginning to tax my patience...
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    The fact that you know that movie as well as I do just goes to show how demented as a society, we have become. :) Unless you just looked it up and pasted and copied it over. In that case I am sure that there is a high branch job in the government in your future...

I knew most of it from "because they've moved my desk four times already this year," down..

I loved this movie. When I was an assistant manager at this gas station I worked at.. the bookkeeper was training me on some stuff, and we had a red swingline stapler. we would both me cracking jokes the entire time. made that god awful job easier
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why no warning :(

That's why it's called 'Emergency' maintenance.
  • Options
    icewingcaticewingcat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They announced the launch of Arc Defender on Twitter.

Perhaps it is not working as intended.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i m done for today, you forced me to study ...and it's friday!! unbelievable, see ya tomorrow
  • Options
    hb10102hb10102 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    th3ph4t3 wrote: »
    If, as many players report, you raised ICD of Dragon Hoard's Enchantment, that wasn't a very good idea! At least not now! Your idea was to cut down botters' incomings from the sell of the Refinement Stones they farm but, making them BoP and raising the ICD of the enchantments that drop them, made the price of the unbound ones rise to the stars! Who used to farm, still have thousands of unbound Refinement Stones ready to be sold and now is earning a lot much then before due to the fact he's the only one able to have so many! Keep Refinement Stones BoP but erase any ICD on Dragon Hoard's, so legit players can drop as many as they need just playing their dailies and legit-farming heroic encounters and end-game dungeons! In this way you'll give legit players a reason to play more AND you'll cut down botters earnings due to the fact their Refinement Stones are not worth anymore their price if anyone can drop them by playing.

++++1 Why does it feel as a legit player we are always being punished? I agree that the best gear in the game (Legendary Artifacts) should not come free and should be earned, but the Botting surplus must be killed off (not make them richer by driving prices up). Once unbounds are cleared of the market you can mess with DH enchants all ya want, until then you are just hurting your customers. I have spent a fair amount on this game and get enjoyment from doing so, but who wants to support a company that doesn't support its player base?
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2014
    darn... it started to connect... then failed

ah well

"Update 5 9:33 AM PST Running a few final checks now. Looking more likely that we will have the servers back at 10 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience. "
  • Options
    gurneyhalgurneyhal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think you have this exactly opposite man. They need to keep their developers. Obviously they keep hiring new ones that don't understand the code. Also they are clearly making these new guys submit code before they know wtf is up. These problems are because some d-bags with business degrees are getting paid too much to make bad decisions. They probably base performance on "bandwidth" or amount of code submitted per unit of time. ****ing business people. They need to flip their org chart so devs are on top and everyone supports them. Rant ends...
  • Options
    puresurpluspuresurplus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    People are annoyed that they only listed it on the launcher and the gateway but they didn't list it on the forum or the news blogs or even social media plus on top of that they shut the server down earlier than announced and without warning.

Agreed that social media skills should be drastically improved.
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Viconia VrinnGemma Steelheart [GF]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane
  • Options
    pietreanupietreanu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lol is 17:42 :((
  • Options
    djkrdd2677djkrdd2677 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is starting to get a little irritating even for a free game!
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We'd all like neverwinter to have more robust support the way bilzard games do.

But here's the thing, neverwinter has an active population in the tens of thousands

Blizzard games have populations in the millions.

This gives Blizzard a lot more resources and the economies of scale make the more effcient.

how to improve the neverwinter experience? Get more people to play neverwinter! Get those people to spend money. Then we will get better support.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OP is updated , estimated uptime is another 17 minutes from the time of this post .
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Update 5 9:33 AM PST Running a few final checks now. Looking more likely that we will have the servers back at 10 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I concur!
    Suits should be the support team for awhile.
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And now the real question is- will there or won't there be a key sale?
    My zen is ready!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Server is back up in my launcher yay!
  • Options
    cm2534cm2534 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Servers are up ^_^
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    vyrokk wrote: »
    Gotta love people that dont read patch notes before they go off. You are AWSOME! Guess the cloak he dropped for me last night must of been my imagination.

I've both read the info and tried the fight and have seen that, from my experience, it's true. So you are expecting me to see what you and everyone else does and know about it too? I can only report on my own experiences right?

Don't assume stuff, is my point.
This discussion has been closed.