test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix DC so we can play PvP again

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
how i can explain this.... yes: insane defense, insane buffs.... and worse of them all: insane DIRECT healings. I saw a 13k DC healing for 50ks to an almost dead GF... THAT is NUTS!

Pls, fix them, that way, we can play again PvP.

EDIT: AH. i almost forgot about that insane dodge they have right now!!!!
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    please stop trolling because your tr got nerfed...
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    please stop trolling because your tr got nerfed...
    as far as i remember hes GWF.

and yes DC needs a tonedown with healings its ridiculous when i almost kill a person then DC comes out of nowhere and i see 40-50k heals that heals the person from 1% to 100%
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    DC is unbalanced and needs fix. +1
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I get the idea when you ask for them to not be able to make immortal everyone but also consider they need to fill the role of being good healers, so like a good CW should be able to kill anyone if coming as support, a good DC should be able to heal anyone if being support. So how would a "balanced" DC perform according to you?
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi.
    My opinion about your thread:
    I have seen DC's dying in less than 3 seconds.
    Before this patch DC were a joke in pvp. Poor healings, poor dodge, poor DPS (which i consider is still good, since healers are not dps players) and poor buffs. The current patch made him more playable and with an important role in pvp. Some of the old powers that were considered good get nerfed (astral shield), which is not healing anymore. And about their defense? Guardians always top this. so i dont know exactly ur poing. I do agree their healings have to be tone down, but not that much, otherwise we are going to be back to the old cleric. I do have a cleric and thats why i'm telling you. my cleric sometimes is killed by a TR in less than 2 secs, is that fair?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    1/4 of its power, lol. Ok, I had hope for a thread that asked for balance but it seems that you only want them nerfed to the ground again. Theses kind of suggestion not only would make them poor healers, but overall useless. Clerics should be able to make other classes survive on the battlefield and taking this away from them is not reasonable.
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    insane as fk.
    heals have to scale with power not 50k random (where is the pvp-heal-debuff?)
    and now they have op dots like other stupid classes..
    ah yea, sun burst ignore shield gf and other control immunity :L
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    1/4 of its power, lol. Ok, I had hope for a thread that asked for balance but it seems that you only want them nerfed to the ground again. Theses kind of suggestion not only would make them poor healers, but overall useless. Clerics should be able to make other classes survive on the battlefield and taking this away from them is not reasonable.

exactly! agree
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    WRONG! i said HEALS: 1/4 of 50 000 = 12.500k on heal. with HD, it turns into 6250, which, imho, is really nice ammout PER HEAL, not the crazy thing we are seeying right now on PvP.

i have question: that 50k heal was a direct heal? or a HoT? if it was a HoT u still have time to kill that person. as a direct heal, i would say yes it is too much
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    urterror wrote: »
    insane as fk.
    heals have to scale with power not 50k random (where is the pvp-heal-debuff?)
    and now they have op dots like other stupid classes..
    ah yea, sun burst ignore shield gf and other control immunity :L

But DoT's are only in righteous feat. the normalDoT on powers is low if they are not buffed
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doesn't this uber heal happen in a very specific situation on a specific power, like the target being under a certain % of Max HP?

If it's the case, nerfing to 1/4 on all healing is way too much.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    umsche wrote: »
    Doesn't this uber heal happen in a very specific situation on a specific power, like the target being under a certain % of Max HP?

If it's the case, nerfing to 1/4 on all healing is way too much.

Yes. Faithful has a feat that when a player's hp goes down 45% hp. The feat reduces healings by a 25% to be stacked in gift of the fait, then they are healed for that amount, plus that any other HoT done to the player is removed to stack in that gift.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Direct heal. HoT is not the issue due, as youself said, is not an issue. The MAIN problem is the DIRECT heal.

Sorry, i put it as i wanted to say "All heals" instead of "direct one". I will change it right now.

You may be talking about balancing Gift of Fait.
    Agent of the Divine: Your healing spells now heal for 25% less and store the difference on the target as a "Gift of Faith". While an ally has Gift of Faith on them, when they drop below 45% HP the Gift of Faith is expended to immediately heal them for the full amount. Additionally Word of Healing, Bastion of Health, and Divine Glow no longer apply a Heal over Time effect, but instead grant the amount they would have healed directly to Gift of Faith.

Basically what it does is store a part of each healing provided by the cleric and when you hit 45% HP, boom! It fills your HP. Regular healing is working nice and not OP but this feat seems to be a little too powerful.
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dont know if is due the feat or "direct heal" due i did not played with my DC yet (and i expected her as DPS, not as healer but i will do with my other DC) but if is Gift of Faith, it should be toned down 1/4 for PvP.

Latter on, the dodge the class has... i saw how a "on hit" smoke bomb were dodge by that, Is that normal? (now that i am thinking about it clearly, that could be just a lag issue but i will test it)

I have dodged many powers, and that is supposed to be a dodge, isnt it? to dodge ^^. at least they can dodge powers, My poor SW is killed when he is shadowing.
    And yes gift of faith is a feat that heals immediately, maybe thats why the player u were about to kill got healed for 50k.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dont know if is due the feat or "direct heal" due i did not played with my DC yet (and i expected her as DPS, not as healer but i will do with my other DC) but if is Gift of Faith, it should be toned down 1/4 for PvP.

Latter on, the dodge the class has... i saw how a "on hit" smoke bomb were dodge by that, Is that normal? (now that i am thinking about it clearly, that could be just a lag issue but i will test it)

More than the cleric's dodge itself, Smoke Bomb has a really slow activation time even after you cast it, it takes a moment to make effect. I'm able to avoid it with any class that can dodge.
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    hehe someone wants his free kill back.
    balance is when you can't kill me 1v1, but i can't take away even 1/10 of your health.
    but you just want to swing your 30k ibs and next target? pff
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the problem is that DC are nothing in pvp before this patch and now they make every play unbalanced.

yesterday we were 4 vs 1 18k DC, nothing of us were rogue ok, but we weren't able to take the dc down cause every time he went under 1/2 health he automatically regain the whole thing.
    Put this with another random class player and there is no game.

Another problem is that dev. keep rising everythin toward higher level of damage, so we all need to gain more max hit point and then other patch will come out and everything restart.
    This doesn't work, expecially for newcomer, that in pvp end game will find toons, like GF or now DC, that are impossible to take down.
    For example, some months ago, GF need a buff on defence because they weren't tanky as their role must be, but now what we have after a couple of patch?
    Insane 60k health GF that regenerate every tic for almost 6k health and just run with their shield up, getting 1/4 of normal damage.
    Plus they could hit you like train with the right rotation and they are almost impossible to CC...

My suggestion is to tone down everything a bit and give every class their role.
    DC: just right know, but a little less single shot healing
    GF: less damage
    GWF: now with the new little nerf on intimidation, I found them like maybe the most balanced class.
    CC: they are control wiz, so good to take down damage, but make they able to control you (at least in oppressor tree) because now, in the very end game, a good control wiz could control in pvp for a fraction of sec. without considering the CC break thatquite every class own (plus the nosense deflection bonus, expecially with HR)
    HR: just tone down their life steal bonus.
    TR: not bad now, even with DoT now they are more stealthed than before.
    SW: I don't play it so I can't suggest anything

Just give us more teamwork!
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No way. DCs are in a great spot right now. To be killed they need to be focused by two equally geared players, which is totally the way its supposed to be.
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    No way. DCs are in a great spot right now. To be killed they need to be focused by two equally geared players, which is totally the way its supposed to be.

You will need more than 2 to attempt to take down a good DC. Good DCs have a lot of defense and deflect. Every time they go below 40% they will heal back up. You have to be very lucky with high crits to do it. And if they pop astral shield, no damage to them. DCs are not in a great spot. There is also a bug that allows them to do insane damage. Those issues will not be fixed or nerfed as fast as the TR SoD because it is not so easily visible. DCs(CW/GWF/HR) will get to enjoy their time in the sun a lot longer than the TRs will.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »

so if we have 2 DCs the team needs 4 equally geared players to kill? niceeeeee we should bring 3 DCs then since we know 6 people can't fit in a team.

if what you meant by "great spot" is "OP spot" then yes I agree with you, theyre in a great spot but thats far from balanced.
  • Options
    whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so if we have 2 DCs the team needs 4 equally geared players to kill? niceeeeee we should bring 3 DCs then since we know 6 people can't fit in a team.

that's the point, now a premade in pvp just need 3 DC, one each point, and the job is done.
    Other two can go out for a beer.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

And how would those 3 or 2 DCs kill anyone?
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the problem is that DC are nothing in pvp before this patch and now they make every play unbalanced.

yesterday we were 4 vs 1 18k DC, nothing of us were rogue ok, but we weren't able to take the dc down cause every time he went under 1/2 health he automatically regain the whole thing.
    Put this with another random class player and there is no game.

Another problem is that dev. keep rising everythin toward higher level of damage, so we all need to gain more max hit point and then other patch will come out and everything restart.
    This doesn't work, expecially for newcomer, that in pvp end game will find toons, like GF or now DC, that are impossible to take down.
    For example, some months ago, GF need a buff on defence because they weren't tanky as their role must be, but now what we have after a couple of patch?
    Insane 60k health GF that regenerate every tic for almost 6k health and just run with their shield up, getting 1/4 of normal damage.
    Plus they could hit you like train with the right rotation and they are almost impossible to CC...

My suggestion is to tone down everything a bit and give every class their role.
    DC: just right know, but a little less single shot healing
    GF: less damage
    GWF: now with the new little nerf on intimidation, I found them like maybe the most balanced class.
    CC: they are control wiz, so good to take down damage, but make they able to control you (at least in oppressor tree) because now, in the very end game, a good control wiz could control in pvp for a fraction of sec. without considering the CC break thatquite every class own (plus the nosense deflection bonus, expecially with HR)
    HR: just tone down their life steal bonus.
    TR: not bad now, even with DoT now they are more stealthed than before.
    SW: I don't play it so I can't suggest anything

Just give us more teamwork!

Thanks man, finally something sensible here
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
This discussion has been closed.