test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Audio-related Bugs - please post here!

1235»

Comments

• spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mungsu wrote: »
    I have just one word for you... leeches.

I don't.... I don't know what that means....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spirals999 wrote: »
    I don't.... I don't know what that means....

It's a complaint about the voicing on the apprentice healer companion.

A lot of players are finding the voice grating and the lines pretty much incomprehensible. Not really your department, I know.

Edit: here is a whole thread about this VA work
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?769421-I-have-one-word-for-you
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Karrundax audio I reported months ago and was acknowledged by you still hasn't been fixed
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    "I sure hope your next wound is unique!"

"Could you fight something with a big..... Club?"

"You're as good as new! Well... nearly"

You know what to do Admin.
  • spirals999spirals999 Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's a complaint about the voicing on the apprentice healer companion.

A lot of players are finding the voice grating and the lines pretty much incomprehensible. Not really your department, I know.

Edit: here is a whole thread about this VA work
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?769421-I-have-one-word-for-you

Copied from the thread you linked:

With the way that Summon VO is triggered currently in the game a more elegant fix for this problem is not immediately possible. An example of an elegant fix would be a UI option to turn off summon VO or coding that allows the Summon VO to only play for the summoning player or only play when summoned by the player as opposed to when loading into a map.

However, we did what we could to at least make this a little more bearable. We first reduced the volume of all Tyranny of Dragons companion summon VO. Then we reduced the max radius at which the vo is audible. Finally, we reduced the max number of playbacks on all TOD companion summon vo so that only one instance of a companions summon vo can play at a given time. What this means is, if a healer spawns while another healer is already playing its VO, the spawning healer's VO will fail.

This *should* reduce the annoyance of spamming companion VO in hotspots like sharandar. Reduce, but not completely eliminate.

Expect this change to be implemented in a patch in the next few weeks. Hopefully in the future we will have the resources to implement something better.
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    The Karrundax audio I reported months ago and was acknowledged by you still hasn't been fixed

so far we have been unable to reproduce this error on our end. Can anyone else confirm that Karrundax Sometimes says "I am embody death" in a different voice?
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pretty sure it says "all your loots are belong to lulzsec"
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so far we have been unable to reproduce this error on our end. Can anyone else confirm that Karrundax Sometimes says "I am embody death" in a different voice?

It says I am embody death is a hoarse female voice when it returns at the 50% mark (or alternative use a female gurgle/roar), but will otherwise use a deep male voice "you are fools to attack me"
    edited October 2014
    You know... Karrundax is actually a female dragon according to the game lore. I never really thought about that in terms of VA... dragons is dragons.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2014
    Maybe its just my ears, but why do Black Dragonspawn shout "Retreat!" when they spot you but attack anyway?
    edited October 2014
    It must be something else, but the only cultist battle cry that springs to mind at the moment is, "For Severin!" I'll have to listen more closely.

---

Voice acting issue that I think the audio department can fix: With Sgt. Knox's voiceover for the "Friends in High Places" (claim a class artifact from the reward vendor), the actor reads the italicized out-of-character instructions as well as the in-character dialogue. There's enough of a pause in there that I think the existing recording could just be trimmed rather than redone.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2014
    Voice acting issue that I think the audio department can fix: With Sgt. Knox's voiceover for the "Friends in High Places" (claim a class artifact from the reward vendor), the actor reads the italicized out-of-character instructions as well as the in-character dialogue. There's enough of a pause in there that I think the existing recording could just be trimmed rather than redone.

Nice catch beckylunatic. We found the line and made the edit you suggested. Should go out with Rise of Tiamat.
    edited October 2014
    Sweet! /10char

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Maybe its just my ears, but why do Black Dragonspawn shout "Retreat!" when they spot you but attack anyway?

Their battle cry with the nearest approximation vowel sounds is "the cult will reign supreme".

I've never heard them say "retreat".

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2014
    Sigh... we've gone in to fix this several times now and it continues to be a thorn in our side. We have just put in a fix again, hopefully for the last time. So sorry about the delay. It should be fixed in the next couple of weeks.

I hate to break this to you, but Hammerstone Queen has picked up that VA again.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2014
    I hate to break this to you, but Hammerstone Queen has picked up that VA again.

Yeah. So this is apparently due to some problems we're having with how source control deals with our master script for VO. Not surprised at all that it's showing up again. This is one that we work on when we get a chance and hope to have a fix for soon. In the meantime thank you for your patience.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SOUND BUG: Tide of Iron

Guardian Fighter's Tide of Iron at-will is making Threatening Rush + Paladin's Radiant sound as of last update.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
    edited February 2015
    SOUND BUG: Tide of Iron

Guardian Fighter's Tide of Iron at-will is making Threatening Rush + Paladin's Radiant sound as of last update.

Thank you for reporting this. However this is intentional. Tide of Iron was a bit lackluster before so we beefed it up.

Thanks!
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for reporting this. However this is intentional. Tide of Iron was a bit lackluster before so we beefed it up.

Thanks!

It's a terrible sound in my opinion... the old one was just fine. You could've just made the swinging sound a bit louder so it could be heard.

Right now it just feels you're shoving Paladin on Guardian Fighter's throats. No offense intended but it's the vibe I'm getting.

I love your sound work (Example: Electric Shot... Clear the Ground.. Careful Attack... Restoring Strike.. Flourish.. etc etc). They're all neat sounds.

But this one is just terrible.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not. Sometimes when I'm standing at the invocation circle in Icewind Dale (the outside one with the barbarian altar), I hear companions with odd v/o. It will start out normally, and then finish an octave lower. Sounds really weird with the Healer Apprentice's infamous leech line, because "leeches" is in an almost heavy-metal growl. (Like dropping a 45rpm record down to 33rpm for us oldies)

Not all companions are affected, and not all the time. This is the only place I've observed this, as this is where I've parked everyone, and where I tend to hang out when waiting for a queue to pop or time to fight Tiamat.

It's not bothersome, I actually find it funny.
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Thanks!

I don't think it fits currently, quite possibly because the timing of the audio is off. The WOOSH comes before you actually do the animation swinging outwards. It needs a slight delay in the moment you pull the shield in. The tingeling from the radiant I guess tries to time itself with the glowy part of the animation?
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not. Sometimes when I'm standing at the invocation circle in Icewind Dale (the outside one with the barbarian altar), I hear companions with odd v/o. It will start out normally, and then finish an octave lower. Sounds really weird with the Healer Apprentice's infamous leech line, because "leeches" is in an almost heavy-metal growl. (Like dropping a 45rpm record down to 33rpm for us oldies)

Not all companions are affected, and not all the time. This is the only place I've observed this, as this is where I've parked everyone, and where I tend to hang out when waiting for a queue to pop or time to fight Tiamat.

It's not bothersome, I actually find it funny.

This sounds kind of awesome. (But also probably needs to be fixed). I'll see if we can reproduce it here.
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not. Sometimes when I'm standing at the invocation circle in Icewind Dale (the outside one with the barbarian altar), I hear companions with odd v/o. It will start out normally, and then finish an octave lower.

Not all companions are affected, and not all the time. .

Actually if you're hanging around there again I wonder if you could make note of which companions are doing this and which aren't. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon at this location?
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not a problem, be happy to help. I'm not sure if it's an actual bug, or if people are logging in, invoking,(or mounting up) and rushing off before their summoned companion finishes their summoning speech, and it's some sort of sound artifact as the companion is rushed away.

That said, these are the companions I've heard with the bug, dates/times (all times are CST), and their affected v/o. I will update the list as I hear more

2/21/15: Battlefield Medic, "I healed a severed head once" 9:26 pm
    2/21/15: Battlefield Medic, "Your wounds are within my power" 9:38 pm
    2/23/15: Healer Apprentice, "I have one word for you...leeches!" 9:39 pm <--This is the most common affected v/o I've heard
    2/23/15: Barbarian Shaman, "Even the spirits fear this place" 10:35 pm
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure if it's an actual bug, or if people are logging in, invoking,(or mounting up) and rushing off before their summoned companion finishes their summoning speech, and it's some sort of sound artifact as the companion is rushed away.

Yeah this. It sounds like it might be a weird doppler issue.
    There's a spot in Biggrin's Tomb where the audio goes dead. It's the third enemy spawn point, but I'm not in a position to get coordinates right now. I can at a later date if it would be helpful.

Neverwinter Census 2017