test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance- 11/20 7 AM PST (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

Unfortunately some issues appeared with the launch of Module 5. This means we will need to bring the servers down tomorrow 11/20 at 7 AM PST to resolve some of the issues. Estimated downtime is 2 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen issues.

Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9005823-patch-notes%3A-11%2F20%2F14

Head here to discuss the patch notes: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?794431-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141104a-11&p=9490071#post9490071

When is maintenance for you? (Click here to find out)

-Dwight

Update 1 7:03 AM PST Maintenance has begun. Patch notes have been added.
Update 2 7:40 AM PST Maintenance is progressing as planned. We'll let you know if anything changes with the estimated downtime.
Update 3 8:11 AM PST Maintenance is ongoing, running some final checks could be up soon.
Update 4 8:40 AM PST Maintenance has completed! Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some great fixes are lined up so I'm guess not many will freak out about the maintenance xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We always have maintenance on Thursday so not really an inconvenience.
  • Options
    jonirenicus7jonirenicus7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can reply only in this place, dunno why:):
    1)White wings of dragon still freeze.

2)Black wings of dragon deals damage for too long distance. They have knifes not sword. I keep distance when I'm fighting with them on my SW, so they shoudn't be able to deals damage to me. Increase they speed movement and atack and there will be no doubt they deals damage.

3)Heroic dragon in Neverdeath, Ebon Dows, Icespire Peak, Rothe Valley, Whispering Caverns should be change to 5 skirmish and add to quenue list (for 5 players only). In this moment there are too many players killing dragon (dragon is dead in 1-2 min, so it's ridiculously) and the lag is unbelievable. I stop counting how many times I died because of it. This way protect us from lag and the heroic ecounter will be heroic not a joke.

4) GWF Armor Class and defence not working. I have 3,2k defence, 29AC and I died one hit from any scorpions atack form in eLoL. On my SW(700 defence, 18 AC) when I tanks one of them sometimes I take 5 hits and I didin't died. I can survive they fire puff. My soul srtone have nothing to work. I'am a magic GF:) Better survivable than GWF:) Play Baldur's Gate II and take a deep look into classes mechanics. That should be classes in this game looks like.

5) Lair of Lostmauth: When we kill Veshal (first boss) we can come out throught the door and wait few second and Veshal shows up and we can fight with him again (I suppose that's happen when there is no epic drop and many players take benefits from this situation).
    Scorpions: We don't have to kill them. We go in, died and mission completed, scorpions dissapeared.
    No mention to 20 lvl cultist guarded door to Lostmauth. Why not 1 lvl?. 20 lvl seems to be difficult to kill them:) Change it. 60 lvl they should be.
    Lostmauth: It's a piniata not a dragon. Increase his defence, life, damage.

6)Valindra's Tower: When Valindra takes to much damage she didin't summoning coffins.

7)Karrundax: First miniboss: You kill her, died, adds disapeared, so you don't have to kill them.
    Second miniboss same.

8) ToS: It's a parkour dungeon. Jumping, jumping, jumping. Create barriers there.

9) FH: After you kill Grast (first miniboss) you can run all the way to second boss without killing any mobs. You come to orbs click f and you are in second miniboss arena and wave to mobs you left behind.

10)SP & PK: Run dungeon. You run, died in campfire, mobs go away and you continue to go.

Suggestion:

Scourge Warlock: He do unneeded signs to spell dailies and ecounters. It's unreasonable increase time to show effects of dailies and ecounters.

Epic T1 & T2 Dungeon, CN, VT, MC, LOL are to easy. Should be harder.

More T1 & T2 & T2.5 equipment including shirts and trousers (not artifact version).

Temple of Tiamat: Not for 25 players. Yours servers sucks and can't handle with 25 players in one dungeon. This is not gonna happen. 5 players is the max what yours server to manage to do.

I'm waiting for artifacts mounts, companions, panties, socks, pigments, costumes, boons, dailies, skirmish, dungeons, pvp, etc. The game become beyond the imagination, whole world will be playing yours game. Trust me.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    O.o?

Spill it... give us the dirt...

They are listed in the patch notes section of the preview part of the forum - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?793881-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141104a-11&p=9485171&viewfull=1#post9485171
  • Options
    bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if you are aware of this problem, but the mouse doesn't work properly.
    I'm using a trackpad from a MacBook Pro and it seems that sometimes it just stop to work and the clicks and the point of view would not work for few instants, which makes playing nearly impossibile.

Outside of the game it all works properly, so I dont know if it's some compatibility problem... But it always have been working properly so far!

Thank you!
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is Battlefield medic in today's patch :D i can't use mine on SCA i would love to use him in SCA! SCA = sword coast adventures!
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On my fix wishlist- DC's AS making the world lag like crazy, and TRs no longer one-shotting the dragons before the rest of us mortals even reach the them.
    And maybe adding some HP to the poor things, they melt.
    (Dragons, not TRs. Maybe if they melt we can get better loot!)
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    teamstephanteamstephan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    was trying to feedback to you guy's while letting you guys know how i feel about Dead Men Do Tell Tales cause you dont understand how Frustrating that quest is becoming when i run into people with GF GWF CW TR clerics and so on because you guys dont see what people are doing and when they just sit around and wait for you thats not a fair game and if the summing circle wasn't open then people wouldn't steal from you anymore cause all i want is the quest to be fair and if there not the ones killing the 5 dragon members or wasn't the first to start on them then they get no credit period for what ever gear score they are and if they cant take the time to wait and let people finish then they dont have any business to be in the dragon zone cause all they do is make it hard on me where i cant complete my quest because of them cause all i do is run into nothing but rude people where this quest needs a change or im just not going to do it anymore because of how dumb the quest is
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    was trying to feedback to you guy's while letting you guys know how i feel about Dead Men Do Tell Tales

All you need to do to get credit is attack and do a decent amount of damage to at least one of the bad guys in the circle and you will get at least one point of credit , just do that if you are unable to kill them fast enough , or you could go to a channel where the dragon already spawned and died 2 or 3 minutes ago and they are usually empty of other players.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    was trying to feedback to you guy's while letting you guys know how i feel about Dead Men Do Tell Tales cause you dont understand how Frustrating that quest is becoming when i run into people with GF GWF CW TR clerics and so on because you guys dont see what people are doing and when they just sit around and wait for you thats not a fair game and if the summing circle wasn't open then people wouldn't steal from you anymore cause all i want is the quest to be fair and if there not the ones killing the 5 dragon members or wasn't the first to start on them then they get no credit period for what ever gear score they are and if they cant take the time to wait and let people finish then they dont have any business to be in the dragon zone cause all they do is make it hard on me where i cant complete my quest because of them cause all i do is run into nothing but rude people where this quest needs a change or im just not going to do it anymore because of how dumb the quest is

You can get 2 credits off each circle, one for doing any sensible amount of damage to one of the badguys, the other for clicking the ghost. I've not had any problem getting the first.

The quest design of all the clickies however is REALLY dumb, as it's almost as if they've been designed for the benefit of the ninjas. Put mobs doing poison damage guarding them so the person that did the work has to stand idly by taking poison damage while somebody steals the clicky.

Main thing I think needed fixing in this patch that isn't listed is the stuff dropped from the various enchantments that's become BoA. Why do I now need 3 stacks of peridots, unbound and 2 stacks of BoA that don't stack with each other for pre and post patch ones.
  • Options
    vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That a run on sentence or book?
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure this is a bug but I want to report this anyway because I think it is and its so annoyng:

Usually, when you die, and your Soulforged procs, you just instantly come back to life and you can keep fighting or whatever.

But sometimes, when you die and your Soulforged procs:

1° You could get one or even more injuries.
    2° You completely lose all of your stamina, plus your character takes forever (very long time) to get up, and in that time you can't do nothing but watching it getting up and then die because you can't dodge for like 5 sec? and you are exposed to any incoming damage.
  • Options
    mlsymptommlsymptom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The graphics are ok. I hope it comes up soon so I can level my Control Wizard before going to work.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Scourge Warlock: He do unneeded signs to spell dailies and ecounters. It's unreasonable increase time to show effects of dailies and ecounters.

Is this supposed to be an observation that the SW's casting animations are far too long? If so, a thousand times "yes". My CW feels like Bruce Lee compared to my SW :)
  • Options
    truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just an FYI for admin. I hit the link to this page from twitter. My AV (trend Micro) attempted to block it as a malicious site with "known" dangers.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is Battlefield medic in today's patch :D i can't use mine on SCA i would love to use him in SCA! SCA = sword coast adventures!

I gave up on using this guy in SCA, closing on 2 months with at least 5 maintenance with Patches and nothing, Gateway is in Beta after a year and a half so don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    4) GWF Armor Class and defence not working. I have 3,2k defence, 29AC and I died one hit from any scorpions atack form in eLoL. On my SW(700 defence, 18 AC) when I tanks one of them sometimes I take 5 hits and I didin't died. I can survive they fire puff. My soul srtone have nothing to work. I'am a magic GF:) Better survivable than GWF:) Play Baldur's Gate II and take a deep look into classes mechanics. That should be classes in this game looks like.

5) Lair of Lostmauth: When we kill Veshal (first boss) we can come out throught the door and wait few second and Veshal shows up and we can fight with him again (I suppose that's happen when there is no epic drop and many players take benefits from this situation).
    Scorpions: We don't have to kill them. We go in, died and mission completed, scorpions dissapeared.
    No mention to 20 lvl cultist guarded door to Lostmauth. Why not 1 lvl?. 20 lvl seems to be difficult to kill them:) Change it. 60 lvl they should be.

+1, gwf defense got something wrong with it. i got a gwf 15k gs, i died 1hit for a rogue 9k gs with 7k power wtf. no Vorpal and , nothing.. i was like ... :O
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    truckula wrote: »
    Just an FYI for admin. I hit the link to this page from twitter. My AV (trend Micro) attempted to block it as a malicious site with "known" dangers.
    Probably has something to do with your AV not liking going from a secure (https) to not secure site (http) all while being fed by a link forwarder (goo.gl). Symantec doesn't detect anything strange.
  • Options
    wioefwioef Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i do agree that Dead Men Do Tell Tales could be a good fix cause if it wasn't for the people standing around and waiting for you to attack then there would be no problem doing this simple quest at all because i can do any of the circles just fine with any of my toons cause i do agree on the post that if anyone try's to jump in and try's to take the mobs from you then none of the mobs count as credit where they can not take the guy from middle where it would make them hate the quest even more see where im going with this ???
  • Options
    heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This paragraph was hilarious.

But, also there is a point in it. This quest has the same problem that the Rothe Valley Lightning Jars had before that quest was addressed. It is all too common for a ninja to take credit while you are fighting the hoards.

It is by far my least favorite quest, particularly given that it is run so frequently.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Come play everyone!!
    The servers are up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Hopefully I can play exe now properly. Let the testing begin
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    servers are up but cannot log in

unable to authenticate is the error message
  • Options
    barcziopbarcziop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^ Having the same problem
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Login server seems to be sleeping still.

*gently nudges Login* Wake up, buddy!
  • Options
    ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unable to authenticate...:(
  • Options
    morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I keep getting an unable to authenticate error.
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    servers are up but cannot log in

unable to authenticate is the error message

Same here :(
This discussion has been closed.