Comments

• Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ottoarc wrote: »
    ok thx trapublican ? and can you answer my post on page 3

Which question?

ok as i know ancient mulhorand dagger have weapon enchanment slot but mulhorand blade does not seem to have weapon slot ? so can i buy 2 mulhorand dagger so i can slot great vorp and soulforged ?? or is it forbidden and you only can have 1 dagger and 1 blade ?

The dagger is mainhand only so you can't equip two of them.
  • Options
    ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ok have a few question to ask..1)if i make a tr i think i would go for Horc, and is 18 str and 18 dex a good starting roll ? i would love to follow curse dex/cha build but as esteena stated CHA is currently bugged( not sure is it true or false ) 2) for the starting i would buy a Ancient Mulhorand dagger , ancient mulhorand parrying blade and a ancient cloak .. ok i will put a Greater vorpal enchanment in my mulhorand dagger weapon enchanment slot, that would also let me have 3 offense slot , ok which enchanment i would slot in it would be better ? because i would like to have very high crit..what i mean of high crit ?? ok lets make an example : in 10-19 pvp..usually people will crit in here mostly would be 900-2500(thats the highest crit i saw in 10-19) pvp..but for me i would like to do more than that..would like to have 3000 or above crit in 10-19. Dont mistake me here my friend ? i do not intend to stay in 10-19 forever what i meant is like i dont care is 10-19 , 20-29 , or 30-39 to 60 pvp. what i want is i want to crit above the normal rate..like 20-29 pvp normally what i saw the highest crit in here would be 4690( thats the highest i saw in 20-29 not sure if anyone seen higher) but i want to crit 5000 and above...do you all understand what i mean ? so what kind of enchament i should put in ?? ok i will put R7 enchanment or even R8 only..cant afford higher lol because greater vorp already cost me alot, not that kind of rich guys that can slot prefect vorpal and all rank 10..is it Dark ? Azure ? or what else ?

this question
  • Options
    twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's the way it works. Combat Advantage is a 15% increase. CHA bonus, let's say you end with 20 cha, you will gain a 10% bonus. 15*1.1=16.5, or 1.5% increase damage in CA.

I did not test this bonus personally but, given that:
    - charisma currently works the way freehugs9 described
    - constitution and dexterity for GWF and GF shared the same formula (multiplicative) and it got changed to additive (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358391-Con-%28GWF%29-and-Dex-%28GF%29-are-now-addative-to-Armor-Penetration and http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?356081-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-14)
    - critical strike chance is additive
    - the tooltip seems to indicate that it should work just like critical chance and armor penetration

I'd say that it's a bug or, at the very least, an open issue. Hasn't anyone opened a ticket yet?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So why curse choose cha instead of str seem like this is a cookie cutter build and still no one answer my above post

I initially went STR/DEX as listed in my OP. I later swapped to CHA because I thought the CA damage was additive, since it seems it is multiplicative, I would recommend STR over CHA.

To answer a previous question about Mod 2 damage, the damage remains the same. That lashing blade dummy crit was taken just a few days ago. So not much has changed except people are stacking more and more HP than they did before since they are able to get decent regen on artifacts/boons.

I would probably shoot for defensive stats of about 25% deflect and 30k HP and regen in atleast the 1200 range, then stack ARP as high as you can. If you can get around the 2200-2500 range you wont have lost much damage for quite a bit of survivability.

I still think the play style can work fine. If you want to try other builds, be my guest this again is merely what i used pre Mod 2 (hence why no artifacts). Maybe one of these days ill re-tool my TR for Mod2/Mod3 who knows... its a grind getting two characters geared out... let alone a third...
  • Options
    ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    OK so for enchantment should be aiming for dark or azure
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi ayroux,

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com??
  • Options
    danntedairondanntedairon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys,
    I'm a new neverwinter player and always i like play with stealth class and i saw the video about that build and wow, it's ****ing amazing!
    So, this build still ok in mod 3 or got nerf?
    If it got nerf who build is more popular?

Thanks a lot!

Ps.: Sorry about my english, it's not my native language x_X
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys,
    I'm a new neverwinter player and always i like play with stealth class and i saw the video about that build and wow, it's ****ing amazing!
    So, this build still ok in mod 3 or got nerf?
    If it got nerf who build is more popular?

Thanks a lot!

Ps.: Sorry about my english, it's not my native language x_X

Old thread is old. Quick answer is no. Lashing Blade just doesn't cut it anymore after Tenacity. FYI: This was my favorite build before. It's what I'm trying to achieve with my new Reflection-based spec. Tenacity broke my heart to a million shattered pieces.
    • Combat time change to 8 seconds. You can no longer proc First Strike with Overrun Critical.
    • Tenacity 10-20% damage resistance + 10-20% Critical damage resistance.
    • Impact Shots reduced damage per charges spent. (I still use Impact Shot but for something different.)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Old thread is old. Quick answer is no. Lashing Blade just doesn't cut it anymore after Tenacity. FYI: This was my favorite build before. It's what I'm trying to achieve with my new Reflection-based spec. Tenacity broke my heart to a million shattered pieces.
    • Combat time change to 8 seconds. You can no longer proc First Strike with Overrun Critical.
    • Impact Shots reduced damage per charges spent. (I still use Impact Shot but for something different.)

Hey dude,
    thanks for answer, yeah i was looking about TR and i saw TR is very nerfed =/
    I feel sad cause i love stealth class, yesterday i saw that post and watched the build video and wow, i was very exited today a turn sad lol
    So, i'm not intend let my TR, when i reach in home i'll work on a build =)
    More once, thanks for answer and your time.

See ya! \o
    (PS.: Sorry about my english, it's not my native language x_X )
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I know, right?

First Strike was a real viable feat for use. Now they've killed it.

It was even useful for my Saboteuer/Dazing Strike build which I've been using briefly after they killed my VP-Dazing Strike build with a 'bug fix' to VP. After that I've moved on to the Saboteuer/Dazing Strike build which was a precursor to the WK Perma build I am using right now. It basically functioned like a perma, except a lot of the "oomph" came from an initial Dazing Strike attack performed from stealth -- with the feats that assist with encounter damage, damage from stealth, another damage buff for Dazing Strike it was quite useful... since every time First Strike would assist with another 15% damage buff to all of that.

Well.. surprise surprise.

They killed it too, by rendering First Strike useless... lol.. it seems whatever I touch, the developers nerf it. :D
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    They killed it too, by rendering First Strike useless... lol.. it seems whatever I touch, the developers nerf it. :D

Don't touch me please :P
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't touch me please :P

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww... dude!
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kweassa wrote: »

So, please touch CW in Mod4 =)
  • Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    24 CHA = 14% CA bonus multiplicative = 15% CA base x 1.14 bonus = 17.1% CA total = 2.1% damage bonus under Combat Advantage conditions.

24 STR = 14% damage bonus.

So, yes, STR massively outdamages CHA.

However, CHA has other benefits on a TR like Deflection Chance (twice that from DEX per point), i.e. your survivability.

Ok I can only say this from personal testing but I DID do some testing after moving 4 points from strength and found approximately a 1.8% difference in damage, not a 4% difference. The only thing that I could think of was that strength does not stack multiplicative with other damage modifiers and rather adds directly to BASE damage. Indeed, when I did the math it roughly worked out. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • Options
    n1nja4n1nja4 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There we go! An effective build from one of the most prominent rogues I know. :) Thank you for sharing this with the community.

Is this build still viable for pvp?

Im looking for a good build since im reaching lvl 60. Mainly for pvp, and would rather not go perma-stealth.
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tbh i think any TR build is probably viable right now until they 'adjust' some things
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yea, what do you mean with adjust?

I wish there were some more rogue builds so far i have mostly only see full perma stealth builds or deflect builds.
    IMO rogues are all about the burst damage and this is almost the only build I have found.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your opinion has nothing to do with how the game mechanics went down for a loooonnnnng time. This build got nerfed into non-functionality due to original launch TR ability to one-shot people.

Permastealth was the answer to lack of survivability coupled with nerfed burst. Deflect builds were the answer to trying to find survivability outside of stealth.

Rogues just got a huge rework and some stuff is extremely broken at the moment. Super-burst is back on the table, for a limited time (ie. until necessary fixes are pushed). You might want to wait until things normalize before actually trying to build something viable for a longer term.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tanks man.. that was fassttt
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    adsfelipe wrote: »
    tanks man.. that was fassttt

So fast that he had it ready like 10 months before anyone knew they wanted it....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I understand that my opinion has nothing to do with how the game mechanics went down. What I was trying to say is that I don't want to play as perma stealth TR or full deflect TR. Just a fine build for PvE and PvP with burst.
  • Options
    buayakauhuhuhbuayakauhuhuh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi , i really like your build and i'm using it .. can you give us the feats for the mod 5 please ? : )
  • Options
    jnmlvnjnmlvn Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2014
    So fast that he had it ready like 10 months before anyone knew they wanted it....

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    djcreaturedjcreature Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the build in the screenshot still the same? The pictures for the paragon feats are different. Getting back into the game after a very long break and wondering if this is a good build to follow.
  • Options
    dewwhiskersdewwhiskers Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Wow, this is just what I've been looking for, skilled/well built rogues for me to learn from. I'll add your advice to my growing collection of master rogue info.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks to me like it hasnt been updated since mod 4. I wouldnt follow a build that doesnt say mod 6 (or whatever build Xbox is on). just my 2 cents and not at all meaning offense to the build.

upon closer examination this build didnt even hold up in mod 5... not sure why the author chose to run 5x Improved cunning sneak when he wasnt going for a perma build. In Mod 5 we barely used stealth, you popped stealth, popped whirlwind, popped smoke for the 100% crit and then used SS for more juicy stealth and then a Dazing strike and DF DF DF. Stealth was only needed for about 4 seconds.

afaik the TR community has really yet to come up with a survivable/party friendly approach to mod 6.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The build is super old. OP plays GWF now

New mod 6 builds should be popping up soon once they fix some of our powers that aren't working