test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No respec for Warlocks?

ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Nine Hells
How can you open a new paragon path for Warlock and not include a respec for the class? Cant say I understand the thinking behind this.

Not sure if this was done for other classes in the past or not, but if it wasn't. WHY WASN'T IT?

Granted a Respec is only 300 zen, but still. Don't the developers in this game have any consideration for the playerbase?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They did the exact same thing with rangers when they got their new paragon. Not saying it's right, but it seems to be the new current trend.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, someone at the top appears to have said that free full respecs for new paragons are a no go henceforth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • drasekrivendrasekriven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they have feat respecs for clerics and rogues in this patch but not warlocks.....
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they have feat respecs for clerics and rogues in this patch but not warlocks.....

Clerics and rogues got a REWORK not a new paragon. Your chosen paragon is not broken so either cough up the
    300 zen (150K AD) or quit your whining about getting something for free on a F2P game...
    edited November 2014

Wouldn't let you switch paragons anyway, so a feat respec would be kinda useless for what people want it for.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess this also means no "respect" for Warlocks . . . :)

I have one I was going to considering modifying, too. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As a TR, I was not given a choice to change paragon paths even though they've massively reworked everything making my current build no so good. In the end I ended up having to fork out 1800 zen for their mistakes. Get used to it.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1 to that. Can't really add any more, its plain stupid that we need to pay for respec to get new paragon.

Its not like it was there when we have chosen it at first.
  • wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2014
    ****, I guess it will be another long while until I play my Warlock again. I was waiting for this patch to respec as I completely screwed it up while levelling. I don't want to spend 150k diamonds (yes I can afford it about 30 times, it's the principle). They should really give out a respec for any class changes/additions.

On the other hand, I'm so glad I bought 75 stacks of 99 minor res when they were 9k/stack. Cha-CHING! I guess I could sell 3 stacks now and get the respec for basically 30k diamonds. Hmmm. Decisions decisions.
    edited November 2014
    TRs only get a feat respec, which does not allow changing paragons, which is what the person you were replying to wants to do. So I'm not sure what you're trying to argue about.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    <3 Devs omg /Facepalm <3

Everyone knows this game has alot of bugs, there's no denying that- but people (including me!) still love this game to bits and don't want give up on it. Why oh why can't things like a free respec be given freely to all classes that undergo changes? Why is this such an earth shattering idea? It blows my freaking mind so bad. Why be stingy, just give em the freaking token already! <3

Right now, there are a ton of day 1 players who are freaking out about the state of the game due to bugs, and many day 1rs have already quit because of this.

I don't get why your not like other games in that you do not attempt to really butter people up, keep em sweet. Please bless your players at every opportunity with well deserved freebies such as this, it would be a REALLY NICE thing for you to do! This would cost you to lose a lil money yes money but itn't a community who feels loved and listened to more profitable in the long run? Why be so stingy, what about all the tribulations that have gone through?

Can you guys (players) imagine coming online and someday and having this reaction after reading a Dev post: "WOW- Free respec each and every time a race has a change to its mechanics, no questions asked!!" Big changes or small, we pay for em all - get on over to your character sheet and start choosing <3!

Bad stingy is bad.

On a brighter note maybe someday this will change and I'm excited as hell to get into the new mod, sadly I've been trying to get in for an hour and am getting connection problem error so..... >_< GAAAAA- tribulations.

/smh Peachy x
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Yeah, but that's only for feats and powers. You dont get to choose a new paragon path either.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    Yeah, but that's only for feats and powers. You dont get to choose a new paragon path either.

i couldn't reselect my powers as a TR. Just my feats.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess the logic is that classes that were reworked got their abilities and feats changed, so it's fair to give them a feat respec, but classes with a new paragon haven't changed their skills, you just have some new to choose now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited November 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I guess the logic is that classes that were reworked got their abilities and feats changed, so it's fair to give them a feat respec, but classes with a new paragon haven't changed their skills, you just have some new to choose now.

That's just it. We put in new stuff, but you have to give us money to try it out.
    We've decided to change stuff to your class. But if it doesnt work for you you can always give us more money then fix it top something you like...
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Clerics and rogues got a REWORK not a new paragon. Your chosen paragon is not broken so either cough up the
    300 zen (150K AD) or quit your whining about getting something for free on a F2P game...

After the first paragons were released, all classes at the time got a free repec. There was also a promise made that said they'd issue a free respec whenever they do a major class update/change.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    DCs and TRs deserved a full respec too, not just a feat reset.

I will have to pay for mine, feats is not enough.:(
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Talking about the usual feat respect? SW got no rework, why would they get one.
    edited November 2014
    There was also a promise made that said they'd issue a free respec whenever they do a major class update/change.

And yet I'm sure that if we actually chased down the exact wording, it would be something like "we'd like to" or "we'll try to".

They tend to be extremely careful about not actually promising or guaranteeing anything.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How can you open a new paragon path for Warlock and not include a respec for the class? Cant say I understand the thinking behind this.
    The thinking behind this is that you buy a respec token. Is that really that hard to comprehend?
    Yes, they want you to spend money. They won't give you money for playing the game, you know?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Short answer to OP question: "Nothing personal, it's just BUSINESS."

The entitlement attitude itself isn't the problem here. The problem is how the entitlement crowd don't even see how selfish and ridiculous their demands actually are. ~oh well~
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The entitlement attitude itself isn't the problem here. The problem is how the entitlement crowd don't even see how selfish and ridiculous their demands actually are. ~oh well~

You do realize Sprite recent and current generations have been conditioned for this by PR and business for the past 70 years, since after WWII pretty much.

"The words of Paul Mazur, a leading Wall Street banker working for Lehman Brothers, are cited: "We must shift America from a needs- to a desires-culture. People must be trained to desire, to want new things, even before the old have been entirely consumed. [...] Man's desires must overshadow his needs""
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • dragonphenoixdragonphenoix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you can earn 600+ free zen from their own website http://offers.perfectworld.com/
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014

100% agree with this statement.

If you want to try the Paragon Path w/o paying... Go to the test shard. If you like it, slap the money on the table via Zen or AD and make it rain! If not, be happy you found out... Really simple guys! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How can you open a new paragon path for Warlock and not include a respec for the class?

They never do.

If you want to try the new Paragon, you have to roll a new character or use a Retraining Token. I do not have a problem with that, as it is purely your choice whether you want to do that or not. Why change from Hellbringer just because there is now another Paragon available? Roll another SW.

But they usually do not even give Retraining Tokens when they massively and radically redesign and change a class inside-out from the ground up; we usually get a Feat Reset, or a Feat and Power reset. And THAT is utterly shabby and reprehensible.

So if Module 2, 3 and 4 Builds relied on certain attribute score allocations and certain Powers interacting with certain Feats in such a way that in Module 5 those builds are now completely unworkable and no longer viable - TOUGH! One is stuffed.

They did not do it with the Ranger and GF changes a while back, and they have not even done it with the far more radical and much, much deeper TR and DC changes.

:(
    edited November 2014

...as the Mafia Don said to the soon-to-be murder victim.

:mad:
    edited November 2014

Sorry, and I am usually not so blunt. But...No, your wrong.

Cryptic ran City of Heroes for several years, and every time there was a change in the powers in that game you got a free respec. The only difference between here and there is the dev crew. If your powers are changed, or new stuff is added on at a later date, then you should get a complete respec. Simple. Easy.

If you go to other MMOs and they changed the powers in the class this much you would get a respec. WoW has done it, CoH has done it. Many other MMOs have done it. Now I'm not talking a respec every time a power gets nerfed slightly or boosted slightly. But when they change as much as they have. Or added as much stuff as they have. Then yes, you should get a respec.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll stay as I am thanks. I'm not gonna miss something I never had in the first place. These doofus'es get nowt from me till they start fixing bugs not simply adding to them... ;)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, and I am usually not so blunt. But...No, your wrong.

Cryptic ran City of Heroes for several years, and every time there was a change in the powers in that game you got a free respec. The only difference between here and there is the dev crew. If your powers are changed, or new stuff is added on at a later date, then you should get a complete respec. Simple. Easy.

If you go to other MMOs and they changed the powers in the class this much you would get a respec. WoW has done it, CoH has done it. Many other MMOs have done it. Now I'm not talking a respec every time a power gets nerfed slightly or boosted slightly. But when they change as much as they have. Or added as much stuff as they have. Then yes, you should get a respec.

And City of Heroes was UNLOADED by Cryptic because it wasn't making any money, then it went *bankrupt*. So your attempt at making a point is making my point for me.

As for other MMOs - only Cryptic counts, and Champions doesn't do it (and it's still going) and the same with Star Trek Online (and it's still alive). As for other titles by other game studios: moot and irrelevant. If they do it then you go play their games. This is about the game published by this studio.

I reiterate my car scenario: NEW car color comes out, therefore I should get a free upgrade. So WhyTF do I not!? This is what you are asking. You want to new color? Then go pay for the paint job and stop trying to freeload everything. You insist on freeloading? No problem: roll a new character, it's FREE!!!11!ONE!!

Now let me also clarify my commentary in this thread, because part of your commentary (which I quote above) is accurate and DOES HAPPEN here in neverwinter:

The powers of DCs have *changed* (some no longer heal, others now do heal, etc.) - therefor the DC does, in fact, get a full respec (mine has to choose powers, paragon, feats, all of it) - but this makes sense: everything breaks the game unless respec'd. Similar for the TR, except their powers were not changed in a game-breaking way, but their feats were; hence they get a feat respec.

All SW got were a couple minor tweaks in existing powers and feats and a new Paragon Path. So what is broken now that would warrant a free respect, again? Zip, zilch, nada. They gave you a new color. You want the new color, then go buy it or else create a new one in that color.
    edited November 2014
    the DC does, in fact, get a full respec (mine has to choose powers, paragon, feats, all of it)

Mine did not. It was not a Full Re-Spec at all, it was a FEAT and POWER Re-Spec. My TRs got just a FEAT Re-Spec.

This is just not good enough. Considering the amount of money I have contributed to this game, I do not think I should be milked for 1800 Zen for six retraining Tokens as the changes ALSO impact on how I should allocate my stats and, in the case of the TRs, which Powers I should select to synergise with the new Feats.

I have 1805 Zen, but I am buying Bank Slots with that.

Was your DC level 30 or above and had you actually chosen a Paragon Path? When they re-feated the HRs and GFs, one of each did not get a Paragon reset, but two of them APPEARED to because I had never chosen a Paragon Path for them in the first place.

I'll check again when I log in in case they re-patched, but I suspect your DC had never chosen a Paragon Path in the first place.

Can you re-assign attribute points for levels 10, 20, 30 etc? If not, you did NOT get a Full Re-Spec.

:|