test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No respec for Warlocks?

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Both my DC and my husband's were feats and powers only, for the record. Which was good enough since neither of us particularly needed to change anything else. Actually, I'd have been perfectly happy without even the powers refunded because it would have saved the trouble of selecting them again since I've got pretty much every power maxed except the most useless class features.

I want the option on respeccing of "fill all" once you've got the max number of power points, because it's just plain tedious assigning them one by one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I checked my DCs again and it is FEATS and POWERS only, not a Full Respec. So Angrysprite must have never chosen a Paragon path in the first place.

~
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic ran City of Heroes for several years, and every time there was a change in the powers in that game you got a free respec.

Like I said. We have been conditioned by these companies. 1 part consumers fault of being unware of such tactics (or distracted by other tactics). 1 part companies fault since WW1.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Like I said. We have been conditioned by these companies. 1 part consumers fault of being unware of such tactics (or distracted by other tactics). 1 part companies fault since WW1.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/65536/how-every-awful-video-game-thing-was-born
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I still don't understand why such a thing is consider a bad business practice. It's being respectful to the player base that is paying your salary. The world could use more of that if you ask me.

They are suppose to be making a product for us to enjoy, that's why we pay them. Shouldn't they do everything in their power to make it enjoyable, and easy to manage for us? Instead we get this BS about how we've become spoiled for saying that this should be a no brainer thing, like this is going to break Cryptic and cause PWE to cancel the game.

If the company wants to make money it's a fricken easy thing to do.

You want something in the zen store that's going to make you some good fast cash. Here's a idea, and I wont even charge you for this one.

How about a potion of polymorph? Charge 2 bucks for it and you can look like any race, in the game, give it a fairly long, but not excessively long timer. Like 48 hours of playtime, not 48 hours, but of playtime. Charge 200 zen for it in the store and then send your kids to college....

Like the dragonborn stats but dont like those ugly #@!ed models? Polymorph yourself to a human or elf or dwarf.

Greater potions of Polymorph could allow you to change gender. Those are 250 or even 300 zen. Sell em in bundles and make them account bound for $20 bucks or $30 bucks.

What this comes down to, and what this post was started for, was to state that the game developers don't seem to think about how to appease us so that we will be willing to pay for their product, instead it comes down to how can we force them to give us money while saying the game is free to play so that it's appealing. I subscribed to CoH up till the day they shut it down because I loved the game, I loved the community and I loved the people that world on it. From forum mods all the way to the lead designer. Wait, what the heck is this I'm standing on? Oh...

*steps off soapbox*
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ogarious wrote: »
    snip

http://vimeo.com/85948693

watch the whole series to get a real good idea. its 4 parts each hr or so long.
    i dont agree with it all, but it does open your eyes to alot of things businesses and governments practice.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • johnnyquantumjohnnyquantum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My 2 cents worth, if they introduce a new paragon path after people have already chosen one, then they should get a free respec.