test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.35.20141104a.7

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited November 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Hey Everyone,

Looks like the patch notes are too long to post them all here so head over to our blog to check them out. As always we appreciate any and all feedback regarding the patch notes.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9005213-patch-notes-11%2F18%2F14

Thanks
Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey Dwight, read it over already!

BtA RP = absolutely terrible idea

Everything else = WONDERFUL. That was amazing work guys!

Wish the community's sentiments were heard on BtA tho :'(
  • tigillotigillo Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    "Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have increased the drop rates for Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind (Boon 4) and Breyer's Draconic Investigations (Boon 5).

Tyranny of Dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the Epic versions of The Shores of Tuern skirmish and the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon."

I made 1000+ epic LOL in this moment and a lot skirmish. Efect: 0 belts, o books.

Now RNG is bigger? Now i can drop meybe one for next 1000 runs?

I love seal - many runs but i know i will get reward some day. But here im still cant get a belt, book ...

Yes always will be some unhappy ppl like me !!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for yor work. I have a honest question how should a newer player be able to get legendary equip and artefacts?

I play since beta and most of my chars are well geared and two have legendary artefacts and weapons. The changes to RP, as they are, are not welcomed on my side, but dont hit me as hard as others.

When you release a new class it will be impossible to gear it up, if there are no further changes.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • steveroxxsteveroxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed. Most of it looks great, though.
  • e5cafl0wnee5cafl0wne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow, patching real slow, I wonder if everyone is hitting it now.....
    edited November 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Thanks for yor work. I have a honest question how should a newer player be able to get legendary equip and artefacts?

I play since beta and most of my chars are well geared and two have legendary artefacts and weapons. The changes to RP, as they are, are not welcomed on my side, but dont hit me as hard as others.

When you release a new class it will be impossible to gear it up, if there are no further changes.

The obviously solution is to spend 3000$ on zen, of course.
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    The obviously solution is to spend 3000$ on zen, of course.

And who made legend before is lucky guy :D not me haha.

Now made a legendary somethink will be divine achievement.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Out of the laundry list of GF bugs....

Guardian Fighter
    Knights Valor: Now targets the closest 5 players rather than an unlimited number.

YES! I wonder if their priority list in RNG too?

- QQ aside, thank you for the new pvp set. I cannot wait to throw my black ice away, and never touch it ever AGAIN. SO HAPPY. Although it would be nice if sets weren't obsolete so often, can't say a GF has used a T1 or T2 set in months for pvp. Anyway, cheers. Can't wait for the TR QQ to begin hehe
    edited November 2014
    tigillo wrote: »
    And who made legend before is lucky guy :D not me haha.

Now made a legendary somethink will be divine achievement.

Fortunately i have five :)
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Fortunately i have five :)

haha lucky You :D but good we need this in Tiamat :p
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bind to Account from the enchants has been al ong time coming. Once AD per RP fell beneath 1, I figured it was going to happen.

What they should do is lower the vendor price of refining stones and the zen prices of the top tier ones (though still less cost effective). Then, since the enchants are now Bind to Account, they can improve the types of stones that drop from them. BTA means they can improve the effectiveness of those enchants without it simply becoming a new form of income for people who have already maxed their artifacts (or, alternatively, for gold spammery types). The question, then, becomes whether they WILL improve them, or whether they want people to have to spend a year in order to max out each artifact item. I personally mostly stopped playing (aside from managing professions) because it just became too much hassle, and the return on playtime wasn't worth it anymore. BTA enchants could fix that, but only if the drop rate is improved.

Of course, the % drop rate is fixed (1% per lesser enchantment), but the TYPE of stone dropped isn't. Imagine if every time a dragon horde enchant dropped something it was a black opal. 100 RP per enemy on average. Well, okay, that's a bit greedy of me, but still: it'd be nice.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "All enchantments and other items that give RP dropped through Fey Blessing, Dragon Hoard and Tymora's Blessing enchantments are now Bound to Account. This change is not retroactive."

Ok, I hated bots, but they at least provided us some cheap resonance stones. So I could buy it, and play the game, LOL etc, farming AD instead of hoard stuff. You know, your REAL content, not foundry. Any other chance to get RP now?? Like from chests in LOL? Because with this artifact equipment you screwed up the game for real. The bots are now with 22-23k gs. I play this game for a year now, and I find it really annoying.
    I just REFUSE to farm foundries, or use bots, but right now, there is no other way to get legendary equipment. Even worse, that I have 7 chars, which I play with. Not with all regurarly, but I like to switch them time to time. But evolving their equipment now is completely impossible. You cant get enough enchantment to level up normal artifacts either.

SO PLEASE, GIVE US A CHANCE TO GET RP, THAT NOT COMES FROM HOARD, FEY ETC ENCHANTMENTS. MANY OF THE REAL PLAYERS WILL REFUSE TO FARM THIS WAY.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, so slow patching. I thought the pre-patch was most of it but guess not.
  • drevinamoondrevinamoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    banned from queue because maps are not loading,kicked due to afk because I opened a door and it took to long, cloak tower is no longer there for me.
  • sucko18sucko18 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seriously why dont we just get a downloadable file that installs/patches after its all downloaded.This is really annoying.
  • drevinamoondrevinamoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sucko18 wrote: »
    seriously why dont we just get a downloadable file that installs/patches after its all downloaded.This is really annoying.
    looked for a link to just download it and install but seems they dont do that anymore
    edited November 2014
    haha for me all crash, now even Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate dont want start up :D
  • gr1ngohungr1ngohun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here... :/
  • vagabondnsvagabondns Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    REALLY deeply disappointed.
    Can anyone remember when is gwf have best damage on the end of skirmish ,dungeon etc? No?
    Now u nerfed only posible option to do some decent damage 'come and get it'.
    I easily can see which classes devs are prefered.
    HR,CW and TR. that nerf whit perma s. is nothing compared to what amount of damage buffed TR. and CW ,HR....no comment. Keep that work and only u will get that 3 classes on server. I once loved this game...
    Sorry if my english is not correct,but my points is VERY correct...
  • edongriveraedongrivera Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it seems i cant update my launcher and turns out to be an error at the end
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tigillo wrote: »
    haha for me all crash, now even Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate dont want start up :D

us too - launcher won't run & it tries to connect 5 times then tells me to check my internet settings ... hmmm the internet is working but the patch has broken our game - now cannot even get to load screen or anything - can anyone help ???
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Looks like the patch notes are too long to post them all here so head over to our blog to check them out. As always we appreciate any and all feedback regarding the patch notes.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9005213-patch-notes-11%2F18%2F14

Thanks
    Dwight

I got in and was doing the well of dragons dailies and tried to enter the prison. I spent 45 min. in the load screen, finally got it patched, and then stalled out in the loading phase. I finally exited the game and now can't get back in due to the launcher failing to update and/or load. Maybe the prison wasn't in the pre-patch and too many people are trying to get in?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I got in and was doing the well of dragons dailies and tried to enter the prison. I spent 45 min. in the load screen, finally got it patched, and then stalled out in the loading phase. I finally exited the game and now can't get back in due to the launcher failing to update and/or load. Maybe the prison wasn't in the pre-patch and too many people are trying to get in?

No, the launcher is just down for everyone. Has nothing to do with what you were doing, if you were patched, or anything else.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also, having to patch the prison separately means you still have on-demand patching enabled, which is probably one reason why you didn't take as long getting into the game initially, since your launcher didn't patch everything at the outset.

You probably want to turn that off. It won't solve the issues everyone is having now, but it will save you long load times in the future.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am *STILL* patching! WTF??!??
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seems that the patch server froze as there are many of us who cancelled the patch download and now we cannot even open the launcher. :/
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, can't even connect to the patch server for the past hour now. I'm not even going to get started on what I think of the patch notes...

So what was with all the pre-patching?? Seriously not impressed.
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • edongriveraedongrivera Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    soul spark bar from SW soulbinder. does it really disappear after you are not in combat? that means you wont stack enough soul spark to use some of the powers which need soulsparks.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    TR feedback, SoD is OP as it is now, please listen to feedback in preview section.
    Limit stacking SoD;
    reduce piercing damage and dots in pvp.
    TR daily Lurkers Assault is still (2 mods so far) bugged.
    If u die while LA is active your stealth bar is locked and you cannot restealth.
    edited November 2014
    Ok, so the patching was a problem.

I managed to play all seven classes today. In general, I am extremely happy, the class balance and function seems just right. This is quite an achievement. Thanks for this.

Some dc abilities are buggy and the dragons in well of dragons have some bugs too. Please check this out.

I am quite unhappy about bta rp, but I understand. At least the rest of the patch is good.

Chem
This discussion has been closed.