test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.35.20141104a.7

2»

Comments

• indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    > I play this game for a year now (blazious11) and I find really annoying...
    Too much time or money to have fun...and even if you spend time/money on it one day you loose the benefit ( a strong part)
    The dragon ' dailies were very boring and ppl said no belt/book came from eLOL/tuern. so we lost time trying .
    Now with mod5 and new artifacts, we need more and more RP.
    Moreover, I had fun to build a descent pvp HR, I found normal that some of our feat were nerfed but from what I have seen yesterday in pvp dom or pvp gg, HR have lost a lot with mod5.
    too much time/zen !
    Indalord I & II
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You seriously need to limit the number of players in an instance to a MAXIMUM of 30. As soon as dragons spawn, the instance gets flooded and the game simply crashes.

Edit: if it doesn't crash, the latency reaches 4-6 seconds...
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After two days in the Well, there are a few things I noticed that I'd like to see looked at:

The Lay of the Land quest popped up again the second day. Seems like it would be more sensible to only have that one pop on the initial visit, unless there is a belief that the players have a short memory for places.

The quest that has you switch chests for mimics is clever, but needs attention. There are only a very few boxes and once a player switches it you have to wait for someone to try to open it and then wait for it to respawn. Maybe this could be addressed in the same way as the lightning jars in Rothe Valley, so multiple players could assist on the switch?

The coffer gathering is a real negative grind. After two days of doing all the dailies and also doing several HEs in the Well, one of my toons has 5 coffers and the other has 6. If the quest is going to stay at the 25 requirement for completion then the drop rate needs to be increased, as well as the number of them you can get with the HEs. Otherwise, the drop rate really should be lowered to meet up with the reality of the play.

And the last thing...ever since the patch the professions finished gong keeps ringing randomly when no profession task has completed.

And, of course, fey thistle, after many months, is still making everyone twitch like crack heads. Please fix!

Thanks for all your work! :)

As a post script here, I did realize that if you run the dragon HEs you can get drops of the coffers, too, but though I did that multiple times today I still am nowhere near the needed 25 for the quest.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if I am the only one experiencing it, but using the touchpad on my MacBook Pro to play doesnt work properly anymore (seems like that sometimes it does not recognize the touch), even though outside the game it actually work perfectly and so it did before the mod 5.
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Looks like the patch notes are too long to post them all here so head over to our blog to check them out. As always we appreciate any and all feedback regarding the patch notes.

I REALLY like the reduced Stamina cost for DCs!

Whenever there is a major patch like this I always leave it a few hours before logging in, so I didn't get a lot of the problems some people have reported.

But all my PvP Campaign progress for ANY task that was not already COMPLETED has been reset to 1. I wonder if you have any idea how long it takes to get 12/75 Double Kills and 3/40 Triple kills with a 15k AC Healer build? She is my first character which I have been playing since February. She had competed the other 8 Achievements.

Same happened with my DO, WK and MI, but they had far more progress in more, separate Achievements but had only COMPLETED six or seven and THEY have all been reset to 1/x as well.

Will this bug be sorted out at any point?

Also, when you massively and radically redesign and change a class inside-out from the ground up, as you have done with my four DCs and two TRs, we really should get a free Retraining Token.

I have six Module 2, 3 and 4 Builds which relied on certain attribute score allocations and certain Powers interacting with certain Feats in such a way that in Module 5 those builds are now completely unworkable and no longer viable.

So we should be able to re-allocate Attribute scores from level-ups AND change the Paragon Path and re-select Powers if needed after these enforced changes. For example, reassigning STR, WIS, INT and CHA for DCs and STR, DEX, INT and CHA for TRs. I did not realise, but CHA for Combat Advantage has apparently been broken since Day One Open Beta and even if it worked CHA 24 does not give you +14% base damage for Combat Advantage anyway.

Also, if INT-based Stealth is a non-starter, I'd rather put the stats in STR and DEX for my TRs, rather than INT and CHA. It was not my choice to try a new build, it is an enforced change to something into which I have invested significant time and money, so a Free Retraining Token is hardly too much to ask.

As it is, my DCs have only had a FEAT and POWER reset, but my TRs have only a FEAT reset and this is really not good enough, given how these changes are far more radical and much, much deeper than any patch or Module I have seen since I started in February.

Many Thanks

:)
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do not know if this is related to the patch, but recently scrolling up and down with the Mouse Wheel Button in my Professions Inventory was really SLOOOOOOWWWWW. But yesterday it speeded up massively again and I was really pleased.

But today it is really SLOOOOOWWWW again.

Is there any way the scroll speed can be increased in the game? I like to have my Inventory slots open with six slots from left to right, so they can be quite long and need a lot of scrolling.

Cheers!

:)
  • jarannajaranna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Great work guys, love almost all the changes, but here is one UI suggestion. The new boss health bar is almost impossible to see if you are even a little bit color blind, which I am. Can't see any changes 'till it's gone. The old one was hard to see too, but the part that turned white first made it so we could tell where the end of the bar was. Now that you've removed that, and made (I assume) the red even darker, it's basically invisible. Really affects game play, decisions to use dailies, surge vs regroup, etc. Can you please lighten it up, or add the white part back? (it was nice to see what a specific attack did anyway.) While I'm at it, the health bar in the dice game is similarly difficult to see where you fade the colors. I know you were going for a specific aesthetic, but it's lowered functionality for a sizable portion of the population! - Thanks!
    edited November 2014
    I totally concur, the power and feat respec wasn't enough to make my DC useful with the new paths, I needed to be able to change the paragon path, and possibly the attributes as well.
    edited November 2014
    So, you've been playing this "boring" game for a year?? Must not be that boring.... Come on. This free game is pretty awesome. But it IS a business, you can pay to speed it up, and that's how they stay in business. Would you rather have advertising?
  • bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm still not able to use the cursor in game.
    No clicking imputs or camera rotation.
    I've been posting here, under bug reports and in the Facebook page.. But no reply at all.
    I've been contacting the Tech support and they could not help me, telling me that they are not in contact with who works on the patches, to make them aware of my problem in order to fix it.
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    no more orb of imposition n00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • tigshadowtigshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited November 2014
    I don't know what happened with the conversion of the currencies menu but i'm missing over 700 of the winter event currencies in my tab and they were there prior to this change. There was no expiration date on the currency and before the call to arms event they were there in my inventory. I'd like to know what exactly happened to them.
This discussion has been closed.