What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

this is happening

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My biggest problem with this system is that, once you clear 60, Refinement Points are the new Experience Points. I would have absolutely NO issue with this if we could earn them at a smooth, steady rate, getting our items to Max Level in a month or two each. But, unless you are hardcore Farming to the exclusion of anything actually FUN (you know, like the entire Game) this is not the case. As I've said before, I don't mind LONG climbs to Power at all. I actually consider this to be a feature. But with the Artifact Equipment I hit a Progress Wall. At that point, I just am not Leveling Up anything. There is no "Challenging, High EXP Content" equivalent. It would be like going from LvL 1 to 60. Except the Mobs don't go much above LvL 2 and your Exp bar doesn't even MOVE after killing one.

So, either give us smaller Refining Bars that those low level Mobs can budge a tiny bit or introduce that "Higher End Content", I.E., critters that drop stuff worth a LOT of refining points after a real battle, and are repeatable, maybe as a really good, tough Skirmish, either Scaled to Level or 15,000 Gearscore (as it would be intended for people with Artifact Gear, Artifacts, or Enchants at 3/4 to Maximum or more, but not complete). I would say a Skirmish that takes 20 min or so and guarantees a 10,000 RP drop with a small (1%) of a 25,000 RP drop and a vanishingly small chance (0.1%) of dropping a 50,000 RP one. Include drops of 1,500, 2,500, and 5000 at the same rates on the Sub-Bosses. Regular Mobs would have 10% chances to drop 100 RP, 1% chance to drop 500 RP and 0.1% chance to drop 1000 RP. All of these would be Bind To Account on Pickup. There would be little else dropped in this Skirmish.

Note: I say "Skirmish" rather than Dungeon as those are more accessible to the general Player Base and more PUG Friendly (as in, useful for folks who only want to do one of these things a day, in their spare time, and don't want to have to worry about coordinating with a Guild or forming a Pre-Made).

And to get Cryptic interested here's the Carrot:
    Sell a special "Cullinan Diamond" (the name of the largest Diamond ever found) that will complete any item it is placed in, be it Artifact, Artifact Gear, Rune, or Enchant. Just ANYTHING.
    Sell that thing for 5,000 Zen ($50.00 US) on the Zen Store, the same as the Campaign Completions.
    Then sit back and watch the Whales rain money down on you until you need solid gold umbrellas ;)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is hope, panderous is gonna give our feedback on this to producers. I would highly suggest making your voice heard in respectful feedback. I can't see how (in the current system) making those items BoA could do anything else but destroy the player base
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    There is hope, panderous is gonna give our feedback on this to producers. I would highly suggest making your voice heard in respectful feedback. I can't see how (in the current system) making those items BoA could do anything else but destroy the player base

Save us panderus
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow seems like a storm in the bottle.

i mean the botter farmed peridots to get on the AD of the players to sell the AD for real money back on the player and cryptic wanted to stop this. Yes, RP will get expensive and i hope Cryptic will give the player an option to get on some RP.
    But seriously it was something that couldn't be unseen...
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i think the best solution would be if the new instance temple of tiamat would grant the player aome blue and green unbound resonance stones.
    thia kind of reward would behind a giant time wall and an difficult instance which means player could get the reward and botters would be locked out (for at least 1,5 month)
    plat.png
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    i think the best solution would be if the new instance temple of tiamat would grant the player aome blue and green unbound resonance stones.
    thia kind of reward would behind a giant time wall and an difficult instance which means player could get the reward and botters would be locked out (for at least 1,5 month)

I think it should be 50k RP per run with some kind of damage threshold so bots can't farm it.
    At 2500 for a green res stone every run, you would have to run it 400 times to get 1 mill RP.
    Even if it only took ten minutes that is 4k minutes or 66 hours for one million RP. It doesn't take that long now to grind RP through foundry or even random drops with greater dragon's hoards.

At 50K a piece it would still take 20 runs to get to 1 mill RP.
    80 or so runs to get an arti to Epic at even 10 minutes would still take 13 hours of playing time.
    In reality it probably takes twice that long to complete Tiamat so you are looking at 26 hours per arti item @ 50k rp per run.
    26 hours for one item is about as much time as I want to spend progressing one piece of gear for one character.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i peronaly think around 20-50 RP should be enough with a valid option to get 100K as a rare drop.
    plat.png
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And making bosses rp pinnatas will reward even more the 3man, 4man runs or solo runs. Ergo will reward good players
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    the problem is that normal dungeons cam easily be outgeared and have a high acessability. Tiamat has this not. and it would be a new desireable dungeon.
    plat.png
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    That would be 8 AD per Refinement Point, per Blood Ruby Zen Store prices.

You can get them cheaper from the bazaar for 6ad/rp which is $2200 for 4 artifact equipment. Anyone who see's this as a good chance is very short sighted.

All it will do is widen the gap from those who have legendaries already and those that have no worry about spending ridiculous amounts. It makes this game even more you know what. That thing we can't even mention despite the fact that rp is clearly sold in the zen store. Right now, although insanely cheap atm, you can actually progress and buy rp for working for it even if you aren't stupidly rich. You won't be able to do that unless they reverse this change. For some people, $2200 isn't really a concern to beat the hell out of others, for those of us who are reasonable we will never spend so much on a game even if the gear didn't get succeeded. Speaking of succession there's new belts next module that were originally going to have 1 extra stat point, what happens if you farm the whole module only for that time to be wasted and inferior while other people already have the legendary new item day 1. How is that fair?

Thankfull there's a lot of backlash, but there was also backlash against coal wards so we'll see.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yes, odd since I checked today and the price was 15k
    now its 18 and strangely most are from 3 people.

Thank god the botters don't seem to have a clue about this yet , if they had decided to sit on their stock until after module four they could have charged crazy prices , as it is I've been buying stacks of peridot all morning for between 15k-18k which isn't bad considering they flew up to 35k per stack last night after the preview patch notes first went up.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Just spitballing here:

What if they reduced the total RP amount of artifacts by 33%, increased the drop % chance on the Enchants, and removed the timer between drops?

That would mean 3,065,832 RP to get Artifact equipment to 60 (I would just make it 3,065,000), and 2,539,439 for regular artifacts (which I would round to 2,539,000 or ever 2,540,000).

The Enchants could be doubled in effectiveness, meaning 2/4/6% for Dragon Hoard Enchants, and an equivalent increase to the other "Drop Enchants". Coupled with the removal of the drop timer it might be acceptable. (I stress MIGHT be acceptable).

Any other thoughts?

i like this, however I kinda have a doubt they'll do it. They seem to want us to grind more - and they think we'll be buying refinement on the zen store.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lot of posts removed here.

Please remember that the Rules of Conduct are still in force here. You are free to express your concerns--in a constructive manner free from ultimatums, threats, demands, and the like. If you see a post which may be violating Rules of Conduct, please use the report function but do NOT respond to said post, as that places your post in violation of RoC as well and subject to removal.

Do not respond to this post or reply, as to do so is off-topic. Please use the PM system to address your concerns to the moderation team.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wait, can someone answer me? Radiant enchants, Silvery etc, are becoming Character Bound?
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    trelamy wrote: »
    Wait, can someone answer me? Radiant enchants, Silvery etc, are becoming Character Bound?

From fey blessings yes. From creating no unless theres potentially something binding them when using bound enchants to upgrade or something. There's time for them to revert their decision but I'd rather they didn't so that other gaming companies can learn that pushing your playerbase only goes so far.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    As someone who has 4 legendary items (hopefully 5 soon), it is neither easy nor cheap or fast to get those things to legendary.

Even in the current system it is still millions of AD or tons of time. Making it worse is absolutely brutal.

please understand, many of us play this game for different reasons. I want to be best MoF PvE CW on this server. I want the gear to match it. That's why i play.

Now if my goals become so impractical that they aren't achievable anymore, why keep playing?

(claps to the above sentence)

We have all been hit by the whisperknife's disheartening strike!!

Just enjoy the ever widening gap of old vs new players as now new players have no hope in catching up.

Maybe if we pray the changes won't take place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    This doesnt include the stacks of 99''s(peridot,aquamarine,resonance stones,black opals bla bla) which is obtained from hoard farming and currently on sale at the ah now right?..I mean if i buy now will it be become bound to account after 18th nov and cannot be reselled?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This doesnt include the stacks of 99''s(peridot,aquamarine,resonance stones,black opals bla bla) which is obtained from hoard farming and currently on sale at the ah now right?..I mean if i buy now will it be become bound to account after 18th nov and cannot be reselled?

It doesn't. However, any future drops once the change hits live will be affected.
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If the items you purchased are flagged as having been dropped due to one of the 3 enchantments, the likelihood of them becoming BoA is pretty high. Meaning if you purchased these items to resell at a later date, that final date is the day before the release of the next mod unless a change is made.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm i m not quite sure about that...For ex a stack of peridot (which is obtained from hoard farmin) on ah now is flagged?.How did they manage to do that?.People also not sure cos peridot price is goin up and they re buyin
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drinnth wrote: »
    If the items you purchased are flagged as having been dropped due to one of the 3 enchantments, the likelihood of them becoming BoA is pretty high. Meaning if you purchased these items to resell at a later date, that final date is the day before the release of the next mod unless a change is made.

Nope. Changes are not retroactive.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm i m not quite sure about that...For ex a stack of peridot (which is obtained from hoard farmin) on ah now is flagged?.How did they manage to do that?.People also not sure cos peridot price is goin up and they re buyin

These types of changes usually aren't retroactive, but if you honestly want to see for yourself, have one of those enchants drop an item, copy your character over to Preview, then see if that item is bound.
  • Options
    thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is terrible news, especially for casual players without deep pockets.

While I have occasionally enjoyed the access to somewhat cheap stacks of RP from the AH, which some say are there due to the efforts of so-called bots, there must be a better way.

They are obviously having a hard time dealing with the "automated player problem", but sometimes I wonder how hard they are trying. I've reported what appeared to be obvious "automated" activity in the past and the same activity that I reported is still going on. When you see an army of identical characters (halfling rogues) with identical companions (medics) with identical equipment, etc -- and that are exhibiting identical behavior (e.g. appearing in "energy pool", running to same vendor, running back to pool, switching to another instance, etc) -- you would think a "watcher script" could watch for the pattern and put a stop to it. Doesn't seem like a difficult problem to solve, but I'm not a gaming software expert.

Anyway, these "solutions" which negatively affect all players are reducing the enjoyment of the game in a way that is sure to take a toll.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    These types of changes usually aren't retroactive, but if you honestly want to see for yourself, have one of those enchants drop an item, copy your character over to Preview, then see if that item is bound.

i agree..Trackin and flaggin which peridot is dropped from the hoard which is not is not on an ah 99 stack is not possible imo.It s also not possible to flag an inventory peridot which i ve bought and put in my inv..So those stacks of ah 99 peridots wont be bound to account and of course i m not sure abt that :)
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Umm...no

I gave away a couple of Opals to a guildie today when we were doing dragon dailies.

The patch says it's NOT retroactive, so anything you have before mod 5 goes in effect should still be able to be sold or given.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    alyaakhalyaakh Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thirstius wrote: »
    This is terrible news, especially for casual players without deep pockets.

While I have occasionally enjoyed the access to somewhat cheap stacks of RP from the AH, which some say are there due to the efforts of so-called bots, there must be a better way.

Anyway, these "solutions" which negatively affect all players are reducing the enjoyment of the game in a way that is sure to take a toll.

This basically summarizes how I feel about this. In their attempt to deal with bots, they are punishing the casual players. Unless they rework how rp is gained, there is just no hope of ever catching up through regular gameplay. This is just bad design.
    Простая Кавказская девушка я, Но все же прошу послушать меня, Скажу вам-довольно огня и войны, Ведь мы же Кавказцы-мы духом сильны!
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it wasn't such a grind as it is there wouldn't be such a market for the botters.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    And with Tiamat we already see that all these artifact aren't really neccessary because the only real enemy is the lag.

Indeed. Lag is merciless and ruthless. Much more inevitable and terrible than all the monsters put together :eek: