Install Arc
Options

"Leetist PMs"

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    So, Cryptic, disable the pots from PvP. PUGS don't need them and neither do PMs. It's just extra work to get in the way of fun and nobody, including Cryptic, benefits.
    I make good honest AD by selling pots to (most probably) PvP players.
    What gives you the right to ruin my regular income?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I make good honest AD by selling pots to (most probably) PvP players.
    What gives you the right to ruin my regular income?

Stop you all!
    disabling overpowered stuffs in PVP would ruin this guy income!

sorry nameexpired, we didnt know that. apologize
  • Options
    targlocktarglock Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's very debatable. I think the PVP guilds now have the same infamy to their name as older ones, if not much much less.

Again, this brings back to the point that premades don't want to waste time with unfair matches. They don't want to be paired up against pugs and be put in a situation where they LOSE RANKING despite WINNING THE GAME.

it's not debatable! it's experience, playing this game in over a year now, seen what happened in PVP then and PVP now.
    The second paragraph is just plain BS, why they tell people to come down from the campfire? maybe it's in order to make a nice conversation? or maybe a cup of coffee or two, come on, don't insult my intelligence.
    Lets talk about the infamous thing you should not remind in the forums (of course not all of the people in those guilds use it, but the ones that do use it are the faces that people see and associate with it), kicking a group to maintain your rankings and not get the penalty. They make the matches unfair!
    You know why they meet pugs? becuase they made PVP a nightmare! people don't want to do it becuase of them! for example couple of months ago i played a match and got a fresh 60 with 9k gear score (we all been there ;) for the record i'm 16.5k GS on my toon), on the enemy team we got 4 from a big PVP guild and 1 from a big PVP guild (not the same guilds of course, don't want to write their names, they don't deserve it :P ), what do you think happened? 3 people left and i stayed with the 9k GS one, talked with him for a bit (while getting constant PMs from the other team that we are cowards etc. etc. (such heroism)) and before the match ended he just said "i will never do a PVP match again in this game", surprising?
    Realm leader of Guild Medieval

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Stop you all!
    disabling overpowered stuffs in PVP would ruin this guy income!

sorry nameexpired, we didnt know that. apologize
    apology accepted!
    It sometimes happens that players only think of themselves and forget that their demands might have an impact on others. You surprise me very much, because I never thought that a PvP player might get some insight, and then even admit that he was wrong.
    I live and learn!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    targlock wrote: »
    it's not debatable! it's experience, playing this game in over a year now, seen what happened in PVP then and PVP now.
    The second paragraph is just plain BS, why they tell people to come down from the campfire? maybe it's in order to make a nice conversation? or maybe a cup of coffee or two, come on, don't insult my intelligence.
    Lets talk about the infamous thing you should not remind in the forums (of course not all of the people in those guilds use it, but the ones that do use it are the faces that people see and associate with it), kicking a group to maintain your rankings and not get the penalty. They make the matches unfair!
    You know why they meet pugs? becuase they made PVP a nightmare! people don't want to do it becuase of them! for example couple of months ago i played a match and got a fresh 60 with 9k gear score (we all been there ;) for the record i'm 16.5k GS on my toon), on the enemy team we got 4 from a big PVP guild and 1 from a big PVP guild (not the same guilds of course, don't want to write their names, they don't deserve it :P ), what do you think happened? 3 people left and i stayed with the 9k GS one, talked with him for a bit (while getting constant PMs from the other team that we are cowards etc. etc. (such heroism)) and before the match ended he just said "i will never do a PVP match again in this game", surprising?
    what is surprising is that a 9k guy still dies to sharandar mobs and feels like pvp.
    that s surprising.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    what is surprising is that a 9k guy still dies to sharandar mobs and feels like pvp.
    that s surprising.

Oh, oops, i forgot that PVP is only reserved for high GS guys.
    Your argument is invalid!
    I'm not surprised that it came from a PVP guy ;)

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    potion guzzling. It's pretty **** obvious when players guzzle them as well. Most say nothing or DENY DENY DENY. ;)

The counter-intuitive thing is that it's the premades who use and drink those potions, not the PUGs.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh, oops, i forgot that PVP is only reserved for high GS guys.
    Your argument is invalid!
    I'm not surprised that it came from a PVP guy ;)

i dont know, for me it's just stupid.
    it's like going to give an exam without having opened the book.
    it's like going to a running track with a tricycle.

it just does not make sense
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    that s surprising.
    what preconditions would you set for a player to enter PvP above level 60?
    13k GS? 17k GS?
    Having completed Sharandar, DR and IWD boons?
    Have a complete BI set of corrupted and purified BI gear?
    Have at least 2 legendary artifacts?

You make a player (the 9k scrub you mop the floor with) responsible to be matched against or with you.
    You should blame the matchmaking system.

And back on topic: ... and you should blame other players that force you to drink a potion to get at least a chance to win against them
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So how does playing with your gear contradict with integrity again?

Well let's see. If a professional sports team got matched against a primary school sports team, would you expect the pro athletes to play the game as if it were some championship match? Or maybe the pro athletes should play in a manner that offers respect and dignity to the opposing team?

that is the thing when premades get paired up against pugs, even unintentionally, the premades don't even treat the pugs with any dignity or respect. they aren't competitors, just trash that should be cleared away. no wonder the premades treat pugs so terribly. that is the part about playing with a lack of integrity.

it's called being a gracious winner. something that actual athletes have to be trained to do. you don't humiliate your opponents or grief them.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well let's see. If a professional sports team got matched against a primary school sports team, would you expect the pro athletes to play the game as if it were some championship match? Or maybe the pro athletes should play in a manner that offers respect and dignity to the opposing team?

that is the thing when premades get paired up against pugs, even unintentionally, the premades don't even treat the pugs with any dignity or respect. they aren't competitors, just trash that should be cleared away. no wonder the premades treat pugs so terribly. that is the part about playing with a lack of integrity.

it's called being a gracious winner. something that actual athletes have to be trained to do. you don't humiliate your opponents or grief them.

You have the choice to not fight premades if you do not want to. I don't fight them when the matchmaking system fails.

Comparing and adult sports team to a child's sports team is not a correct comparison. We don't have the option to split into age appropriate groups. Everyone is assumed to be on an equal playing field. You can't expect people to play YOUR way with THIER game.

I PvP a lot and generally do not run into premades anyway. What I do run into is people who are used to premades entering the pug Q then having a little tantrum when they lose and or you manage to kill them or out-perform them (they call you "pug" and "scrub" because they feel bad about losing).

I blame the game company and the lack of a proper matchmaking system
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

The professional sports team plays hard and tries to win the game.
    that is the thing when premades get paired up against pugs, even unintentionally, the premades don't even treat the pugs with any dignity or respect. they aren't competitors, just trash that should be cleared away.

Umm they play the way PVP is SUPPOSED to be played...kill opponents...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The professional sports team plays hard and tries to win the game.

Umm they play the way PVP is SUPPOSED to be played...kill opponents...

There is something called "sportsmanship". Something that PVPers here seem to lack. Look, the premade is going to win ANYWAY. They are going to win if they have great gear. They are going to win if they have mediocre gear. They are just better. The only difference is HOW they choose to win. Humiliating your opponents is not a classy way to win.

I guess I just don't have the "PVP mentality". When I see a team losing badly, I feel bad for them. I am the guy who wants to make sure everyone at least has 500 pts for minimal glory, even if the team is losing by a lot. I don't like spawncamping and I don't participate in it. Let the enemy team at least come out of their base and try to get a point capture if they can. That is what I mean by a more sportsmanlike conduct. It is treating the enemy players with a modicum of dignity. I guess the elite crowd doens't do that. That's too bad.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There is something called "sportsmanship". Something that PVPers here seem to lack. Look, the premade is going to win ANYWAY. They are going to win if they have great gear. They are going to win if they have mediocre gear. They are just better. The only difference is HOW they choose to win. Humiliating your opponents is not a classy way to win.

If the premade goes in there and wins quickly then everyone afks after 1 minute, how is that humiliating the opponents?
    I guess I just don't have the "PVP mentality". When I see a team losing badly, I feel bad for them. I am the guy who wants to make sure everyone at least has 500 pts for minimal glory, even if the team is losing by a lot. I don't like spawncamping and I don't participate in it. Let the enemy team at least come out of their base and try to get a point capture if they can. That is what I mean by a more sportsmanlike conduct. It is treating the enemy players with a modicum of dignity. I guess the elite crowd doens't do that. That's too bad.

Spawncamping is a strategy to prevent points, preempt ganking and to make the match finish as quickly as possible. No team is under any obligation to give their opponents points. It would be nice and a lot of teams do it, but it doesn't make them horrible people for playing the game as intended and not giving up any points.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And a lot of the time they leave them in the game long enough to have a good time and learn something and even if they showboat that's some distance from ruthlessly exploiting every weakness and advantage.

How are PVP teams exploiting?

Also, they try to showboat and play with their opponents on national television in front of millions of people at the same time humiliating any rep the players on the other team has. You say that's better?
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm saying its not very big of you to tryhard against people who don't have a chance.

An olympic wrestler doesn't suplex teenagers when he rolls with them. He might push them over with one arm slowly but he's not going to put them through the floor. How you find this difficult to understand is amazing.

In another online game it wouldnt be uncommon for a vastly better team to take out the fun guns and pistols when faced with bads. The bads know they are being pandered to but they also know they are being given a chance to have fun.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How are PVP teams exploiting?

Also, they try to showboat and play with their opponents on national television in front of millions of people at the same time humiliating any rep the players on the other team has. You say that's better?

How about - BIS CW's using Red Glyphs cheese, or BIS GWFs using Intimidation cheese, on pugs who are 8-10k lower GS than them?

I mean, what is the point of THAT?

It's not an exploit. It is just dumb, and humiliating to boot.

That is like pro athletes shooting up with steroids before a match against a primary school team. Srsly?

I get it that PVPers have to use every legitimate tool available to them in order to compete at the highest levels. But not against players against whom they are GOING TO WIN ANYWAY.

If you are a premade, and you unfortunately get queued up against a pug - take out the glyphs. Really.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How about - BIS CW's using Red Glyphs cheese, or BIS GWFs using Intimidation cheese, on pugs who are 8-10k lower GS than them?

I mean, what is the point of THAT?

It's not an exploit. It is just dumb, and humiliating to boot.

That is like pro athletes shooting up with steroids before a match against a primary school team. Srsly?

I get it that PVPers have to use every legitimate tool available to them in order to compete at the highest levels. But not against players against whom they are GOING TO WIN ANYWAY.

If you are a premade, and you unfortunately get queued up against a pug - take out the glyphs. Really.

No, its like pro athletes using their superior athleticism and best moves to get highlight reels, satisfy their ego, humiliate certain players and garner crowd pops against a lesser team on national television or youtube (which happens all the time). Most people just don't cry and whine about it.

First you demand premades to let others cap, now you demand premades to pay 5gold to take out their glyphs per match and then switch up their build mid-game to accommodate others? No player is obligated to do this.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yep, sorry my bad, i just imagining things.

Nah you aren't imagining things.

You just fell into the pitfall of using your own limited experience and justifying your generalization of a whole community with it. Rookie mistake.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just for the record, you aren't imagining things when you see "bad" things within PvP the higher you get.

The higher the skill level, the more sociopathic the tendencies of players get, and the more shi**y the attitudes of PvP guilds and their members. No matter how you try to look at it, PvP is always high-octane where competition and rivalries, power struggles, and rampant mutual dissing happens all the time. Some times it even makes people wonder if being a total apathetic psychopath isn't actually a prerequisite for becoming "top of the line".

It's a vicious world that has two decades of tradition entering its third. People were like this in the '90s, people are still the same today.

It's the ugly and downside of PvP. People just need to accept that ;)
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It seems like you just got stomped in PVP. Unless the enemy team is glitching something to their advantage, suck it up and take the loss.

And no, that isn't the strategy in PVP unless it was a roflstomping of the enemy team (in which case there is no strategy). Go look up video content of top PVP guilds who are equally geared and skilled facing each other.

"suck it up and take the loss" LOL, that is not my problem, loss is part of the game (nice! we should tell it to the "top" PVP guilds, maybe they will stop kicking people to stay in their beloved "leaderboard"), but the way you lose is important! and more important is the way you win ;) if you won by "voldemort" or as you said "glitching", if you killed 1 player with 5 players after the rest has left, this my friend is not a win! and if the PVP players take pride in this (and they do, again saw it with my own eyes), they are not deserve any respect or honor from other players (again not all the PVP guilds/players are like that, but those are their faces in the game, thats what people see (player name, guild name).
    It's ok, we see what's happening in PVP and where it will go in a few months (unless drastic patches will happen).
    About the video contact of the "top" PVP guilds fighting each other, this is excellent, keep fight each other, but leave us alone! the ones that still have a little bit of honor and a lot less bloodthirst, those who play PVP for fun.

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In other games it's named "minions". League of Legends have some, DOTA2, and so on.
    Maybe Cryptic should add a dozen of blue and red bots as well, rezzing at campfire, walking to b2 and fighting the minions of the opponents. Players would be able to farm the minions as well, stacking minion currency in the process which they could use in minion shop at campfire to buy temporary 10-minute boons for themselves.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    About the video contact of the "top" PVP guilds fighting each other, this is excellent, keep fight each other, but leave us alone! the ones that still have a little bit of honor and a lot less bloodthirst, those who play PVP for fun.

I suggested that you watch videos to realize that you getting roflstomped isn't the ideal PVP strategy. I suggested it to educate you on what PVP ideally looks like if the matchmaking works.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    " what PVP ideally looks"

Ok i did not wanted to participate but the thing you wrote :) just put me in.

Case is....that while the top PVPers in the forums analyse and "teach" glorious "sophisticated" "enhanced" "advanced" "upgraded" "refined"
    " balanced" tactics....in all their videos i just see a glorious zerging .In the beggining they have a plan but soon it ends a personalized fight.Some stick to mid vs spesific opponent ,some try always to back cap.In none videos i did not see a change of tactics.Most of the time the game is won by the result of the indivinduals duels or 2vs 2 .In case someone wins most of the times he rushes to another fighting point and the numarical superiority wins the day.

Am i talking bs? :) Please can someone post me a video of which top pvp guilds used tactics against similarly geared guilds?
    Except 4k gs groups lower sure my pug of 18k gs can use tactics also ;P :P

Edit:The only video that showed real tactics was the video of a HR named wings or nightwings and his premade vs the old enemy team.There i saw tactics ,change of plan ,deceipt all of these.In all others...nothing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    " what PVP ideally looks"

" balanced" tactics....in all their videos i just see a glorious zerging

Show me these videos of balanced top end PVP teams that only use the zerg strategy
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It s not like you can call time and stop the enemy points to increase. You find a tactic and usually use always that with little changes.
    This is why every class should have a defined roles, this is why no serious pvpers complain about gf tankiness or permastealth.
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Before you guys take this thread any further, answer me this:

How does a 9k GS player have reason to complain about 18k Pvpers?

The higher geared players have spend months grinding their full boons.
    They have spent at least a month getting their Black Ice gear.
    They have spent many months getting their AD to buy enchantments and gear.
    They have spent months gaining skill.

A 9k GS player has been level 60 for a couple of weeks.

At this point, potions don't even matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Before you guys take this thread any further, answer me this:

The higher geared players have spend months grinding their full boons.
    They have spent at least a month getting their Black Ice gear.
    They have spent many months getting their AD to buy enchantments and gear.
    They have spent months gaining skill.

A 9k GS player has been level 60 for a couple of weeks.

At this point, potions don't even matter.

i have 0 interest in killing 9gs pugs
    i think they have even less interest dying in 2 sec
    so for online game were you supose to play against real people its a joke
    if they put redcaps instead off 9gs players no one would nothice
    (if they did 20gs players would take red cap slaying pot lol -cant hurt)

so the real question is how come 19gs people dont complain abouth insane gear difference
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »

You read it wrong, they complain about the queue pairing them against 18k. And pairing them this way all the time.
    In SC2 it could only happen if you and the other guy are the only two people on the server. In SC2 they take into account the Elo but also your current trend. If you're 1500 Elo and gaining points then you'll be paired against a 1500 Elo who is gaining points. Same if you play chess on line, if you're a casu you'll very rarely get paired against a Grandmaster.
    Here in NWO pvp the 9k will always have the feeling that the queue is coded backwards, that the queue will search the most inappropriate opponent.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs