test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Leetist PMs"

malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
why do all these premades with 5 piece legendary belt/weapon 3 artifacts, have to pot up so hard to fight 14k pug matches?

I'm seriously wanting to know. This is like a high school football team playing an elementary school team......I'm not seeing how this is such skill
bi6w07.png
Post edited by malachimabe on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes elixirs should be deleted from at the game. They simply give too much
  • Options
    doomltddoomltd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Absolute in specific, why do all these premades with 5 piece legendary belt/weapon 3 artifacts, have to pot up so hard to fight 14k pug matches?

I'm seriously wanting to know. This is like a high school football team playing an elementary school team......I'm not seeing how this is such skill

As a member of Purple Dragons (Absolute brother guild) and a frequent PMer, we pot because we have likely just finished fighting another PM, we don't want to face pugs, we want other PM's!!!

Long story short, sorry if you have the misfortune of meeting a PM while PuGing, not much we can do about it.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    doomltd wrote: »
    As a member of Purple Dragons (Absolute brother guild) and a frequent PMer, we pot because we have likely just finished fighting another PM, we don't want to face pugs, we want other PM's!!!

Long story short, sorry if you have the misfortune of meeting a PM while PuGing, not much we can do about it.

Well even if that is true, there is something you can do. You could gear down to their level. You know, unslot the glyphs, put away the legendary belt, stuff like that. You'll likely still win, but you'll at least make the game somewhat bearable for the unfortunate pugs that you are facing.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Someone couldnt handle the Anvil it seems... And btw we were 3 man qued, and lost 1 pug after 2 mins in the game so it was 4on5. U kept PM me all match, even tho my elxirs ran out after 15 min. And its was 1 guy from Absolute so stop talk so much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I don't know why people use their good gear in PVP either.

As for pots, I have suggested removing them from PVP all together. As long as that isn't implemented, you have no right to cry about people using them as they are part of the game (unfortunately).
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well even if that is true, there is something you can do. You could gear down to their level. You know, unslot the glyphs, put away the legendary belt, stuff like that. You'll likely still win, but you'll at least make the game somewhat bearable for the unfortunate pugs that you are facing.

So now you put the onus on individual players to make adjustments because of bad matchmaking?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

'Even if that is true'? really? you think we like sitting around for 10 minutes doing nothing? we hate that dude! And why would we take off our gear? sure it may be SLIGHTLY more enjoyable, but we're also wasting our elixir time and we're still going to lose leaderboard pages just for being in the match. The entire thread is about elixirs anyway, they're expensive we're not going to waste time just because Cryptic's queue system is broken.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    'Even if that is true'? really? you think we like sitting around for 10 minutes doing nothing? we hate that dude! And why would we take off our gear? sure it may be SLIGHTLY more enjoyable, but we're also wasting our elixir time and we're still going to lose leaderboard pages just for being in the match. The entire thread is about elixirs anyway, they're expensive we're not going to waste time just because Cryptic's queue system is broken.

Its funny that someone who probably has never played a single significant PVP match pretends he knows what's what.

He actually thinks premades LOVE sitting on spawn for 10minutes then waiting another 5-10minutes for a new match. Not to mention each player LOSES leaderboard ranking whether they win or not.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Its funny that someone who probably has never played a single significant PVP match pretends he knows what's what.

He actually thinks premades LOVE sitting on spawn for 10minutes then waiting another 5-10minutes for a new match. Not to mention each player LOSES leaderboard ranking whether they win or not.

Reread what I wrote then delete your pathetic post. This time attempt to actually retain some of the information provided.

By the way I'm page two on the leaderboards without cheating and all I do is soloq and premade. Stop talking about what you don't know.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So now you put the onus on individual players to make adjustments because of bad matchmaking?

I put the onus on the 'elite' PVPers to be good sportsmen and gracious victors when they are paired up against unchallenging opponents.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    'Even if that is true'? really? you think we like sitting around for 10 minutes doing nothing? we hate that dude!

I think some people do get their jollies from stomping n00bs, yes. If that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you.
    And why would we take off our gear? sure it may be SLIGHTLY more enjoyable, but we're also wasting our elixir time and we're still going to lose leaderboard pages just for being in the match. The entire thread is about elixirs anyway, they're expensive we're not going to waste time just because Cryptic's queue system is broken.

Because you're going to win ANYWAY, your elixir time is being consumed ANYWAY, your leaderboard ranking is probably going to go down ANYWAY, so you might as well make it a somewhat fairer fight and less humiliating for your unfortunate pug victims. You don't NEED to be geared to the teeth to defeat pugs.

I mean, what's the downside really to getting rid of the legendary belt when fighting pugs?
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's a suggestion: Why don't you wait until you see who is on the other team before chugging the potions?
    If you are unsure, start the match without potions. If it is a PUG, don't drink. If it is a PM, then drink at first death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think some people do get their jollies from stomping n00bs, yes. If that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you.

Because you're going to win ANYWAY, your elixir time is being consumed ANYWAY, your leaderboard ranking is probably going to go down ANYWAY, so you might as well make it a somewhat fairer fight and less humiliating for your unfortunate pug victims. You don't NEED to be geared to the teeth to defeat pugs.

I mean, what's the downside really to getting rid of the legendary belt when fighting pugs?

You lose less time if you finish the match quickly. I don't mean to be rude, but i'd personally rather waste 7 mins of my potion than 15 minutes.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion: Why don't you wait until you see who is on the other team before chugging the potions?
    If you are unsure, start the match without potions. If it is a PUG, don't drink. If it is a PM, then drink at first death.

PM's don't drink potions usually until it's confirmed another PM, sometimes the potions are still there from the previous match is the point I was trying to convey.
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PM's don't drink potions usually until it's confirmed another PM, sometimes the potions are still there from the previous match is the point I was trying to convey.

Cool. I can live with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    By now i thought they would at least had made different tiers of PVP, with a minimum of 15k gs and the other for the rest.

I know it fractions the already not so big PVP comunity, but at least new players wouldn't feel like they are constantly ROFLStomped and learn a thing or two.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I put the onus on the 'elite' PVPers to be good sportsmen and gracious victors when they are paired up against unchallenging opponents.

Well then you are wrong for placing the onus on them.

It is not their duty to change up their gear. It is Cryptic's duty to provide better match-making.

Also, you can't make the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> excuse anymore that some people just like make others suffer since stomping PUGs mainly involves everyone afking on spawn after the first minute or two.Now when people could jump to their spawn, that argument might hold but right now, no.

Lastly, let me remind you that people LOSE ranking even if they WIN the match if its against pugs. Every PVP player has cried about that on the forums and in-game. I therefore disagree with your notion that PVP premades love facing a team full of 10k gs pugs.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Exactly the reason why you should all support my idea for dynamic gear normalization. For every bracket, a standard gear score average is set -- every player that is higher or lower than that average will have their gear stats adjusted to match each other better.

For instance, we have a team with an average GS of 13k on one side, and then we have the opponents with average GS of 19k on the other. The difference in average GS amount is 6k in this case. The 'GS standard' will be set at the middle point, at 16k, with the relative differences in GS between the two teams being brought closer, with everyone who is under 16k in GS will be boosted up by average 2k GS worth of performance, while everyone who is over 16k in GS will be handicapped in stat/performance by 2k GS worth.

This will bring up the underdogs to average 15k-ish, whilst bringing down the top-dogs to 17k-ish. People with better gear are still stronger, but the difference is now within acceptable limits. This way, the underdogs are not so hopelessly outmatched, while the topdogs are penalized but still remain stronger.

IMO this takes a lot of programming and experimentation to get the right "tweaking amount", but its much better than a PvP system where people are exposed to difference in raw power without any protection, as well as better than a PvP that simply chooses to "kill" all gear performance and deny those who've worked hard for their gear a chance to use it in a PvP fight.

This way, people still have a motive to get better gear. It still rewards them with higher performance. But the amount and extremities of that difference, is more or less kept under control.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well then you are wrong for placing the onus on them.

It is not their duty to change up their gear. It is Cryptic's duty to provide better match-making.

No amount of matchmaking can force players to act like good sports. It is everyone's obligation to act with integrity.

But I think the other person's explanation is closer to the truth. The PVP premades don't really see pugs as "competitors", merely obstacles in their way. Evidently, they don't see an obligation to treat these obstacles with integrity or respect. Go ahead and smash them and humiliate them, who cares? They're only pugs!
    Also, you can't make the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> excuse anymore that some people just like make others suffer since stomping PUGs mainly involves everyone afking on spawn after the first minute or two.Now when people could jump to their spawn, that argument might hold but right now, no.

Lastly, let me remind you that people LOSE ranking even if they WIN the match if its against pugs. Every PVP player has cried about that on the forums and in-game. I therefore disagree with your notion that PVP premades love facing a team full of 10k gs pugs.

Just today I saw with my own eyes a member of a well-known PVP guild, in a match with pugs, who had about 8k GS more than anyone else in the match, smash an opponent and then yell "L2P". Not very sporting, now, is it?

Do you think this person derived joy from humiliating someone? I do.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    No amount of matchmaking can force players to act like good sports. It is everyone's obligation to act with integrity.

So how does playing with your gear contradict with integrity again?
    But I think the other person's explanation is closer to the truth. The PVP premades don't really see pugs as "competitors", merely obstacles in their way. Evidently, they don't see an obligation to treat these obstacles with integrity or respect. Go ahead and smash them and humiliate them, who cares? They're only pugs!

Guess what, they DO NOT WANT TO FACE PUGs. The match ends in 1-2minutes and they LOSE LEADERBOARD RANKING no matter the outcome.

Again, I stated this to your claims that PVP premades love to face pugs and steamroll them with imbalanced teams. Are you now backing off your statement hmm?

Just today I saw with my own eyes a member of a well-known PVP guild, in a match with pugs, who had about 8k GS more than anyone else in the match, smash an opponent and then yell "L2P". Not very sporting, now, is it?

Do you think this person derived joy from humiliating someone? I do.

There are players with bad attitudes in PVP. Big whoop. Part of every aspect of any game.

In rare instances, pugs get kicked at the boss loot. So now I can make a delusional generalization that all PVE players are scumbags?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So how does playing with your gear contradict with integrity again?

Guess what, they DO NOT WANT TO FACE PUGs. The match ends in 1-2minutes and they LOSE LEADERBOARD RANKING no matter the outcome.

Again, I stated this to your claims that PVP premades love to face pugs and steamroll them with imbalanced teams. Are you now backing off your statement hmm?

There are players with bad attitudes in PVP. Big whoop. Part of every aspect of any game.

In rare instances, pugs get kicked at the boss loot. So now I can make a delusional generalization that all PVE players are scumbags?

the solution with the messed up matchmaking is just 1:

1) gearscore had to be taken in count in matchmaking (and mostly gear score should drive the whole matchmaking)
    2) premade should always face just premades. 30 minutes queue? ok, doesnt matter.

12k pugs however should just farm and avoid pvp.
    it's like going on the nordschleife with a fiat multipla
  • Options
    johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    If there is something wrong with pvp it isn't high geared premade's,
    its how the Q keeps rolling them against blue-geared pugs.

The Q should never roll a party where anyone can loose leaderboard ranking.

Its like not beeing able to choose what dungeon you do on PvE.
    Its like Q up for Castle Never yet you get Normal Cloak Tower.

The elitists hate it, the pugs hate it, everyone looses.

Its what keeps me from pvp anyway, I'm sure others feel the same way.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    johnperq wrote: »
    The Q should never roll a party where anyone can loose leaderboard ranking.
    Good idea,
    but it would prevent the #2 to ever play again while #1 is not queued as well. So, it sounds nice, but would result in a stalemate forever.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    Good idea,
    but it would prevent the #2 to ever play again while #1 is not queued as well. So, it sounds nice, but would result in a stalemate forever.

Alright maybe worded wrong:

The Q should never roll a party where anyone can loose leaderboard ranking when winning the game.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    According to the devs, this phenomenon doesn't exist. And the only proof that it does has been ninja-removed in an update… if you don't count the fact that you obviously see it when you play PvP. So basing anything on "losing leaderboard ranking when winning" is a dead call since the devs are denying this allegation. It all doesn't matter though since almost everyone on the first and second page is a leaderboard cheater anyway.

As for the rest, most PvPers I know only pot up when they end up against another premade.

never seen a top hr without all pots in a book never ever
    not saying that everyone else is not using them all the time but
    hrs are the worst
    cant blame them much they get most kick out off them just saying
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I used to enjoy PvP, when there was a bigger player base and the gear gap was not so big.

Most of my friends playing PvP left before. So I do PuG runs.

I use potions for two reasons. First one is, to even the odds against other players who use pots/ premades. Second one is, when ELO dealt me 10k PuGs running around in clusters not bothering with capping or defending points. I want to win the match, so I cap/ defend nodes. To no surprise the other team, regardless of gear, tries to kill me 2-5v1. If they have an average GS of 15K, I use pots, to win at last a 1v2 fight.

Dont give me <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about unfair fights btw 20k+ GS against 10-Xk GS players or bad PvP players and poor PuGs. Most of the ppl answering to a 1v1 request and honouring the 1v1 rule i met are PvP players. If you ask a PuG team for 1v1 you get either no response or they accept and kill you 5v1, when you leave the base in 90% of the fights. Even when one of the enemy team offers a 1v1 with good intentions, his mates screw it up with HRs spamming dodges, CWs slipping in a ROE or the perma TR going for a unseen assist.

The problem are not the PvP players or pots, but the bad ELO, the growing gear gap, the dwindeling PvP community and last but no least a general disregard of some basic rules by most of the players.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »

Pretty much this, I chug When I know someone in the other team, and If their names don't ring a bell, I try to gauge their skill, if yes => pot. In my defense I need it, cause my build is a bit hybrid for PVE (I'm a TR btw)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The problem is people compete against their own team for kills even when the match is over within 2 minutes because they want to see their name at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the match. So once a few players quit or start lingering at the spawn it just turns into 5 rabid dogs chasing one target to try and get the last killing blow in.
  • Options
    targlocktarglock Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "great" PVP guilds have lost their honor (and they used to have a lot of it) in today's PVP, before there were leaderboard and PVP campaigns, the PVP guilds were honorable, for example, if there was 1 player who stayed after 4 left, they would not fight him! today, they PM him to leave the campfire in order to fight him! 5-4 premades V 1, honor indeed. Using the thing that can't be named on this forums to kick the group in order to not get the penalty and drop in ratings on the all mighty "leaderboard", honor indeed!
    and for those who will write that this can not be true, i've seen it in my own eyes, from all the PVP guilds that are the "stars" of the leaderbord. Used to do a lot of PVP in this game, but after i saw the behavior of the PVP guilds, no wonder no one want to PVP anymore.
    Realm leader of Guild Medieval

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    targlock wrote: »
    The "great" PVP guilds have lost their honor (and they used to have a lot of it)

That's very debatable. I think the PVP guilds now have the same infamy to their name as older ones, if not much much less.
    targlock wrote: »
    5-4 premades V 1, honor indeed. Using the thing that can't be named on this forums to kick the group in order to not get the penalty and drop in ratings on the all mighty "leaderboard", honor indeed!
    and for those who will write that this can not be true, i've seen it in my own eyes, from all the PVP guilds that are the "stars" of the leaderbord.

Again, this brings back to the point that premades don't want to waste time with unfair matches. They don't want to be paired up against pugs and be put in a situation where they LOSE RANKING despite WINNING THE GAME.