test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo TOS - is it possible

chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Library
Hey everyone, as some of you may know I am on a quest to solo as many instances as I possibly can. I'm going attempt epic dread vault soon, CN after that, etc...

So far I have been sucessful, except in epic TOS. As a CW, I simply did not have the raw DPS to cut through her healing. I'm not a super low DPS CW or something, but as you guys know CW DPS is more AOE and certainly not single target so it seemed relatively impossible.

Now i heard a fury SS can solo her with TT. Has anyone done this? (post a screenshot?)

How about some of the other OP CWs out there? were you able to get her down?

Let me know. Maybe i was doing something wrong, or maybe 18.3k GS is too weak to do it, i'm not sure.
Post edited by chemboy613 on

Comments

• Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2014
    try respeccing for the 30% single target damage feat focused wizardry for it. I may be wrong but im sure spiders spawn that she consumes to get her heals once they are standing on the webs. If that is the case, try killing them or shield pop them off the webs. I'm so used to just burning her down with a group I never paid much attention to them but have heard about it before.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, i have FW and I tried to get the spiders with shield pop, but by the time i can get over there (assuming i am not webbed) she's healed a lot too.

I also tried EF on my bar to increase single target DPS. I thought about removing steal time and icy terrian, but then the blademasters would eat me

Also man we haven't played together in a while! If you are short for ELOL or CN or something, let me know. I hope all is well with you.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    are you a renegade cw spec? If so we could probally solo everything :)
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You've just made my plans for the next time I play. I'll give it a shot. I think for me the problem will be survivability. I've been in groups where I was basically the sole source of damage in taking Syndrith down. But I needed other people there to absorb some of the damage all of the adds could dish out. But, theoretically, yes a CW can pump out damage faster than her ability to heal. I'll re-jigger my build to make it a bit tankier and give it a shot in the next few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, maybe if i put on HV, respect spellstorm, used a perfect vorpal, bought control rings, pumped power to 10-11k, and set a single target bar, MAYBE i can do enough raw DPS to get her down, but once i go that much on offense, the blademasters will eat me alive and i cannot live.

Personally, i have a very balanced and very durable CW - and i can survive a lot of things, but it's not that easy surviving in their either.

It's clearly possible to duo - Dio and Agathe did it on DC/CW. They are great players and friends. But then remember if you have a GF or DC in the party they are contributing a lot to your suvivability and offense.'

I'd also like someone to try on SW - maybe huge DPS and TT with legendary DC sigil and book can do it, still would love a screenshot.

Try it out though.

Also, of all the epics i've done the hardest fight is at the end of GWD. If you want a good challenge, try that out. It's more difficult than you think.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd say yes it is, but only with a glass canon spellstorm CW with a pvorpal. Corrupted black ice gear may help with black and red glyphs in overload slots. Dots + glyphs give me +40% damage when running some npc heavy content. with storm spell on top of that it's a pure damage madness. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess if I am committed enough i could try that, but if i succeed on the rest of my solo missions i won't worry about it. I just want to see if anyone else has done this yet :)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not sure about CW but I soloed her on my SW once. Have somebody with a recorder and contact me ingame if you don't believe me :P
  • Options
    bjortheredbjorthered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7
    edited October 2014
    Maybe you have the wrong dye color.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bjorthered wrote: »
    Maybe you have the wrong dye color.

Not sure if this is a reference to this Kids in the Hall bit
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It is possible.

2qdzekn.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    congrats and good job abbadon
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nice job!

and CW still cry that they need moar buffs :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Now i heard a fury SS can solo her with TT.

By essence, a SW is never solo.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah... I could see a SW potentially going solo on EToS.

Mine already does damage that freaks out everyone in my guild(Ambi being the most vocal) and she's not even fully geared, yet. She has blue artifacts, purple artifact weapon/belt, and is only using R7s.
    lewel555 wrote: »
    By essence, a SW is never solo.

Solo and a quarter...
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    She has blue artifacts, purple artifact weapon/belt, and is only using R7s.

Only R7s? . . . that's my highest RS on any character. :P
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would imagine you'll have to tweak your abilities, seems like one can. Steal time for blademasters, single target for boss maybe? Or just go aoe nuke the adds when they show up and single target otherwise?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Same here - I have too many toons that I play regularly to put R8s or greater on just one.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I would imagine you'll have to tweak your abilities, seems like one can. Steal time for blademasters, single target for boss maybe? Or just go aoe nuke the adds when they show up and single target otherwise?

No, single-target won't work. Every drop of HP from adds will go to Syndrith so making sure every attack damages as many enemies as possible is a must.

Initially my problem was that I was killed too easily. I was using a normal AoE DPS rotation and High Vizier equipment. Even with 34k HP Syndrith could get me stuck in a web then non-critical hit me with her prone attack for 24k. Then the pack of Blademasters stuns me while I'm down and I'm dead. Or she would just critical hit me in the first place and I'd be dead. And I can't dodge since she's constantly dropping webs at my feet which keep me from moving. So I decided I had to stay just far enough away from her so she didn't do her prone attack but my AoE's still hit her. That helped, but I was still dying too fast. I also discovered that Lifesteal does not work for several seconds after a Soulforge proc, so if you do die...you're just plain dead. No coming back from it.

So then I went tanky. Put on my Purified Black Ice Gear, slotted Shield into one Encounter slot and proceeded to battle her to a stalemate for a good 20 minutes. She couldn't kill me, but I couldn't kill her either. No good. Then I tried scaling back the tankiness for more damage. Keeping BI gear but not Shield. Using High Vizier with Shield. In the end, no matter what I did I wasn't damaging her faster than she could heal.

I figured that my only shot at doing it was to go full-blown DPS mode with 10k power, High Vizier set, and no Shield then stand right on top of her so every single spell hit her and all of the adds attacking me (when I was keeping a safe distance Conduit of Ice would be on her, but wouldn't hit the adds by me). Then I just had to make sure I dodged every single prone attack and never got caught in a web while spamming spells as fast as possible. It barely worked.

Once I got her to change form it was downhill from there. But it was very, very difficult to get her to that point. I do not recommend trying it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ever tried the CW sigil to knock adds out of the webs? I see Abaddon has the DC sigil slotted, so I doubt he'd use the CWs.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good job. I can't believe it was even possible. When I had my HR solo normal ToS I had to throw everything at her -- melee and combat encounters, seismic shot, sigil of the hunter, even some harsh language. Once you get her to change you're home free, but boy, just getting to that point...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    nice job!

and CW still cry that they need moar buffs :D

No CW asked for PvE buffs man. You know as well as I do that with enough LS and good gear you can solo the old content on other classes too, I actually plan to make a solo CN video with my HR with just Rank 7s soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Gotta say abbandon did amazing work here. I am not sure i want to do this personally. Solo draco was enough XD
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good luck on your challenge. Post a vid or Pic after ) abbandon did a great job now would be good if she shared the knowledge how )

@magiquepurse well just read the Official-Feedback-Thread. Looks like somebody was asking for buff.) PS share a vid of HR ) curious really.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Good luck on your challenge. Post a vid or Pic after ) abbandon did a great job now would be good if she shared the knowledge how )

@magiquepurse well just read the Official-Feedback-Thread. Looks like somebody was asking for buff.) PS share a vid of HR ) curious really.

I'll try the moment I can bring myself to bother 4 people to help me queue. I am thinking of this for weeks. Already a few CW videos, but no HR yet.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

I'm too poor to afford more than R7. If I had R9 in every slot and legendary artifacts, my SW's damage would be downright stupid.

Oh.. and coming with the next module is the Creeping Death fix, which will increase my damage by another 10-15% at the very least.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Gratz abbadon :D

@magiquepurse, Looking forward to your hr vid if you do one, the only solo vids I have seen is always cw but no hr yet :)

Also I will post a vid of my gf soloing dread spire xD
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    One more thing to note: I did parse this run with ACT. However, when I tried to export it so I could save the data ACT gagged and crashed. I think the file was too large. However, I did look at it before I tried to export it and noticed that Syndrith had a DPS output of over 38k. Very little of that was actually directed at me. Just about all of it was killing her minions for their health. That means Syndrith has the ability to heal herself for, on average, 38k HP per second. So before anyone even thinks about attempting this know that you will need to exceed 38k DPS by a decent margin to ever overcome her healing. So if you do, on average, 40k DPS when everything is going well then know that during the fight and you may get knocked on your rear and be unable to attack for a second or two. That will be 38k or 76k damage that you're going to have to "make up" over and above your 40k DPS or else she'll be out-healing your damage. So the reality is you'll need to be able to do in the neighborhood of 44k DPS minimum or you just can't burn her down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    One more thing to note: I did parse this run with ACT. However, when I tried to export it so I could save the data ACT gagged and crashed. I think the file was too large. However, I did look at it before I tried to export it and noticed that Syndrith had a DPS output of over 38k. Very little of that was actually directed at me. Just about all of it was killing her minions for their health. That means Syndrith has the ability to heal herself for, on average, 38k HP per second. So before anyone even thinks about attempting this know that you will need to exceed 38k DPS by a decent margin to ever overcome her healing. So if you do, on average, 40k DPS when everything is going well then know that during the fight and you may get knocked on your rear and be unable to attack for a second or two. That will be 38k or 76k damage that you're going to have to "make up" over and above your 40k DPS or else she'll be out-healing your damage. So the reality is you'll need to be able to do in the neighborhood of 44k DPS minimum or you just can't burn her down.

Not the burst your bubble but this is totally off. The amount of damage she deals and the amount of damage she heals for are completely separate entities and she heals for far less. Of course you also have somewhat control of this by simply killing her adds while she is killing them to prevent healing.

Looking at several ACT parses she averages 12k healing per second, which just about any class can out damage in the long run. Now you may have been referring to burst, ie she will burst heal for 40k for about 3 seconds, so you need to burst damage about 44k for the same time frame in order to keep her hp depleting, and while that may be true, there is no way you need 44k DPS to kill her. If that were the case then I doubt any CW could solo her.

Her heal ability is called Spiderlink Heal, and it's based on her damage ability called Spiderlink.

Almost all of her damage (66% of it avg in the few runs i've got logs for in ACT) is from an ability called Lolth's Wrath which simply kills the mobs (and splash dmg on any player standing in the red) after she has finished draining their hp/healing herself reducing them to ~25% of their health. She deals 100% of their hp in dmg to the mobs in question which is why she has such high damage output but relatively very little of it is against players and none of it counts towards healing.

If you can handle the blademaster's indefinitely and can overcome her 12k healing per second you can solo ToS. How much over 12k dps determines how long it will take and I think most players have problems with it not because of DPS, but because they actually can't handle blademaster's indefinitely.