test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masquerade vendors go to a 2 minute cool off.Impossible to mass buy tokens.

2»

Comments

• balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^^^

I did rotate between them.One is at the stairs just as you enter PE.Another is in the stairs across the fountain.Another is up side the stairs of the bank.Add 2 if you want in another places.
    I rotate between them and each time i find one (1) that can interract.

I jump all over the place run around...nagh...i find ventors but everytime the trade icon is missed from their heads and my cursor does not show any possible interaction...
    )

There are a total of at least 10 stationary vendors, and 6 or so moving ones, by the time I hit each one once, the reset is nothing.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are actually quite a lot of vendors if you explore the enclave. Two at the Moonstone Mask; one out and one inside. Six moving ones sounds about right, with slightly overlapping paths. A few more stationary ones as you work up towards the throne. You won't actually get to see every illusion if you stick to the marketplace, as some are unique to a location.

Don't miss the costumes on the illusionist in front of Lord Neverember. It is quite funny.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are enough turn in guys at the bottom floor of pe and up one flight of stairs to run a circle.

But I agree..the fun is missing. At least for real halloween you get candy to eat. They missed the boat with this one but in the end, there is nothing game changing about the rewards so oh well.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know the circuit in PE. Got 2 skels last year. Problem with purely running PE is that other people are grabbing pumpkins, too. In any case that's a vast number of kills, pumpkins and trade ins. Perhaps my green mount is partly to blame, but still.

After hours of chasing my tail around PE, I think this is more of an experiment on OCD.
    I need better meds.

Didn't we have more days last time?

EDIT: Just ran PE for 1 hour, 5-6 other players in the instance = 109 Tokens.
    (CW with a green mount)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This event is awful.
    hard to turn in tokens, drop rate is very low.
    no way to get skeleton companion, or even maybe 1 or 2 masks.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Drop rate for killing stuff was very low compared to just grinding pumpkins last year as well.

My F key developed a terrible squeak for a while.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    This event is awful.
    hard to turn in tokens, drop rate is very low.
    no way to get skeleton companion, or even maybe 1 or 2 masks.

It is possible to get the skeleton companion. I managed to get one before I burned out on running it this year. I play a lot, but if I can get it in a day and a half... then others can get it in span of the whole event. That said, the fact that its possible doesn't excuse having a grind like this ruining what should have been a fun event.

As I said last year, the atmosphere they created for Halloween in PE is awesome. I even love the way they got it to work with the Forgotten Realms lore - tying it in with Mask and the Liars thing and all. But I just don't see the need for a 200 token grind to get a cosmetic fun mask. And the grind for the pets is absurd. Sucked the fun right out of it. I still can't get over the fact that I literally fell asleep getting that skeleton.

This stuff was all pointed out last year though. I am hoping that they wanted to adjust it, but just couldn't do anything about it. Between TOD and Tiamat they seem really pressed for time. Maybe that's the only reason the event was repeated with no real changes. I hope so anyway.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited November 2014
    It's about 6 hours of pure grinding in PE for the skeleton.
    Bit less than 12 for the scarecrow.

Am thinking maybe have a few people pool their efforts
    (making sure each person knows what mask to buy!)
    and have one person collect and auction the scarecrow.
    Then pay the others back in items... Of course if you really
    want to keep the companion, that's a lot of payback, and
    it'll be hard to get others to grind even 3 hours.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your ROI is actually better now just selling the masks individually.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Your ROI is actually better now just selling the masks individually.
    That is a good point. If you plan on selling the Scarecrow anyway, you might consider selling the masks now, while their sought after (and still functional as currency). Unless you plan to hold on to the pet for months and hope the value increases. Always a risk in that tho.

Insanely I kinda want the scarecrow off my checklist. OCD completionist stuff.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I doubt the value of the pet would increase. Vanilla stat pets rarely do.

The masks however might make neat collector's items down the road, and the supply might be lower as people turn them in for the scarecrow.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2014
    Tho in a week or so the vendor leaves and you can't get a scarecrow. Good point
    about the masks, if you're willing to wait awhile for them to become rare.

Btw, I suggest not grinding at peak (US) evening hours. I can got 109 tokens an hour
    with 5 people on the instance, but the lowest now is 32 people. If you can,
    just play the actual game and grind when it's late at night here.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    People complained about the same thing last year. It looks like nobody listen to what we had to say.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited November 2014
    I just did it during east coast prime time, and managed 175 tokens in 39 minutes. Or 270 tokens an hour.

If you're doing this, the timing is all in the pumpkins to get your charms, NOT the illusionists. You're not competing with anyone for the illusionists. If your prioritize pumpkins, and you learn the locations well enough to switch up your path on the fly to go for the route with the most pumpkins, it's not hard.

Again, grinding for almost 5 hours for the Scarecrow? Probably not worth it. I got all the masks, though. I'll keep some of them, and then sell the rest.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1