test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masquerade vendors go to a 2 minute cool off.Impossible to mass buy tokens.

hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty much this.I grind last night.Have 78 green ones tokens and need to exchange them with blue ones.I went to PE and there i found:

The vendors are in constant move.
Even if you catch them,if another player is faster than you ,then the vendors will not exchange tokens with you for 2 minutes.
Even if you catch them alone after one exchange ,they will not accept you again.Only after 2 minutes.
Every time you can exchange one(1) token.

So if i want to exchange 200 tokens .....x2 minutes=400 minutes just for exchange.

I am the anyone that has this problem.Am I doing something wrong?
Is there another way?
Post edited by hypervoreian on

Comments

• leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I direct you to the ToD dailies and how it was assumed to be a good idea.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    It was like this last year as well.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I noticed this last night. Which mean I will be opting out of this event.

What a ridiculous idea.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is worst than the fireworks... However that could have been possible...

I'm just grinding for some cat masks and heading off.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    This is worst than the fireworks... However that could have been possible...

I'm just grinding for some cat masks and heading off.

Since it's not the first time, I presume they will continue to find a way to monetise events.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I started playing around Thanksgiving last year so I missed this event last time. I look at these events as something for the collectors and people that are tired of the grind - it gives them a short break. Can it be profitable? Sure. Is it for me? Probably not; too much work for too little return.

My favorite event was Respens. My second favorite was Challenge of the Gods because it didn't force you to stop the mandated grind - you were killing stuff anyway.
    I aim to misbehave
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It seems like CD on vendors is higher then in the last year. Or I just didn't have 110% mount back then, I'm not sure...
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty much this.I grind last night.Have 78 green ones tokens and need to exchange them with blue ones.I went to PE and there i found:

The vendors are in constant move.
    Even if you catch them,if another player is faster than you ,then the vendors will not exchange tokens with you for 2 minutes.
    Even if you catch them alone after one exchange ,they will not accept you again.Only after 2 minutes.
    Every time you can exchange one(1) token.

So if i want to exchange 200 tokens .....x2 minutes=400 minutes just for exchange.

I am the anyone that has this problem.Am I doing something wrong?
    Is there another way?

Two things :
    1) Another player interaction won't affect you.
    2) Each vendor is affected individually, you can rotate between them to counteract the delay.

So your 400 minutes can easily become 30 or so ... Your analyse was so wrong I had to make a remark.

Still I think the objectives of this event are totally unattainable. And it's sad as it could be a great event if only you didn't absolutely need to go through the Zen store ...
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daggon87 wrote: »
    Two things :
    1) Another player interaction won't affect you.
    2) Each vendor is affected individually, you can rotate between them to counteract the delay.

So your 400 minutes can easily become 30 or so ... Your analyse was so wrong I had to make a remark.

Still I think the objectives of this event are totally unattainable. And it's sad as it could be a great event if only you didn't absolutely need to go through the Zen store ...

^^^

I did rotate between them.One is at the stairs just as you enter PE.Another is in the stairs across the fountain.Another is up side the stairs of the bank.Add 2 if you want in another places.
    I rotate between them and each time i find one (1) that can interract.

I jump all over the place run around...nagh...i find ventors but everytime the trade icon is missed from their heads and my cursor does not show any possible interaction...
    The highest intteraction is at 1,5-2 minutes.
    On average.Even if you had 600 green ones and you want to buy the sceleton companion you would have to spend 900-1200 minutes running around vendors. trololol.

Is it so diffucult to trade tokens en masse? Like every other vendor? I find that ....unbelievable.

Did we did something wrong?Does Cryptic punishes us??? :)
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I agree that this event seemed to have some promise, but it is just not fun. The drop rate from killing things out in the world is very low (probably to thwart bots from farming it to death). Also, even if you did get a ton of tokens either from killing or from pumpkins in town, running around PE, chasing after npcs with pumpkins over their heads is an extremely unrewarding experience.

One of my guild mates said that he was able to grab his first 200 tokens in only around 4 hours of running a circuit around PE. Only 4 hours??!! No thank you.

It offered a nice change of pace for about 10 minutes, until I realized how much farming of the event I would have to do in order to get one of the not even worth it pets.

The challenge of the gods event was by far my favorite so far. Hopefully we can see more like that in the future.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    One of my guild mates said that he was able to grab his first 200 tokens in only around 4 hours of running a circuit around PE. Only 4 hours??!! No thank you.

First, yes, I do wish they'd do something more exciting for Halloween. A themed mini-dungeon, or some quests that took you out to famous hauntings outside of Neverwinter would've been awesome. Maybe actually have a "Mask is coming back" quest line...gathering tokens in PE is boring.

BUT...I just did a circuit in PE, and got 13 tokens in a little over 2 minutes. Even at that rate, it's about 4 hours for the Scarecrow, which is still a bit crazy given how boring things must be....but it's a far cry from 200 tokens in 4 hours, or people complaining about this event taking a bajillion hours to earn the tokens.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every time you turn in a charm. The illusionists remember who you traded to. You won't be able to trade to that particular illusionist again. Unless two things happen. You either wait a few minutes or you make 5 trades. That's the key, the illusionists will only remember the last 5 trades. So if you simply run a loop between 5 or more illusionists. You'll never have to stop or find one you can't trade with.

It's fairly easy to run a wide circuit where you can both gather charms and trade them to an illusionist nearby.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    last event we had the same problem ,we ask if we can get 5 or 10 tokens change every time we bump in those pumpking heads in PE
    But looks like we where talking to a wall
    200 tokens in 4 hours and last event we had ppl with more than 1000 tokens thats a whole day chasing npc's
    thats why we ask for 5 or 10 tokens change for the next event
    Q:what would jesus do? A:jesus would overturned the tables and chase them with a whip
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Every time you turn in a charm. The illusionists remember who you traded to. You won't be able to trade to that particular illusionist again. Unless two things happen. You either wait a few minutes or you make 5 trades. That's the key, the illusionists will only remember the last 5 trades. So if you simply run a loop between 5 or more illusionists. You'll never have to stop or find one you can't trade with.

It's fairly easy to run a wide circuit where you can both gather charms and trade them to an illusionist nearby.

This.

As long as you're doing a circuit of illusionists that includes AT LEAST six of them, you can run in an infinite circle grabbing jack-o-lanterns and trading in tokes with little/no cooldown. This event is not hard, people.
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So the Halloween-Event basically consists of running circles for hours. Very imaginative.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Running around in circles, while it could describe the vast majority of what we do in this game *cough* shores *cough*, is not fun. Going off to find a farming foundry to kill for hours to grab some of the tokens is also not fun.

I would say, a great way to change this event would be to have the chests in every dungeon give liars tokens like 5 to 10, and have the npcs be able to accept more than one each, but not ALL of them. Then, you could continue your normal fun in the game while also building towards the event. You could also have fun within PE, because it's enjoyable to run around a little bit in a changed atmosphere.

Anyway, it's something that for a short period of time really did add some excitement to the game, seeing people in pumpkin heads, talking to a couple of new npcs, looking at the decorations--but then when you realize what you have to do in order to gain anything really (but not really) worth it, it just becomes a let down.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^^^

I did rotate between them.One is at the stairs just as you enter PE.Another is in the stairs across the fountain.Another is up side the stairs of the bank.Add 2 if you want in another places.
    I rotate between them and each time i find one (1) that can interract.

I jump all over the place run around...nagh...i find ventors but everytime the trade icon is missed from their heads and my cursor does not show any possible interaction...
    The highest intteraction is at 1,5-2 minutes.
    On average.Even if you had 600 green ones and you want to buy the sceleton companion you would have to spend 900-1200 minutes running around vendors. trololol.

Is it so diffucult to trade tokens en masse? Like every other vendor? I find that ....unbelievable.

Did we did something wrong?Does Cryptic punishes us??? :)

Why do you insist on doing those crazy exaggerations ? It takes away all credibility from your posts. I haven't really looked around in PE and I already found more than a dozen of those illusionists.

So again, your calculations are more than way off ...
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Acquiring tokens isn't that hard, it's trading them in that is a pain. After you have traded in a couple, you have to hunt for ones that you haven't traded to. And they are moving around all over the place.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I grabbed 200 in under an hour.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I grabbed 200 in under an hour.

So you just have to do that another seven hours for that companion. In the next few days. Have fun. :D
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    So the Halloween-Event basically consists of running circles for hours. Very imaginative.

And what's Halloween? But running around in circles knocking on people's doors. While it's not the most exciting way to spend ones time it can be productive and has an undeniable "trick or treat" feel to it. After all, you are literally wandering around town begging strangers for treats.
    edited October 2014
    And what's Halloween? But running around in circles knocking on people's doors.

Are you seriously trying to compare "running around and pressing F hundreds of times in an computer game" with actual real world halloween? O_o

And i do not know why some people actually defend that event at all. Look what Cryptic managed to pull of and look what their competition did. Guild Wars 2 for example. Cryptics attempt looks just incredible dumb to me. F2P does not mean it has to be automatically low quality.
    edited October 2014
    That's funny. It seems you might be the only one happy with things over there. All I see are complaints about the drop rate of the Gwynefyrdd miniature and requests to get last years costume witches hat back. Pretty sad when the only one saying things are great is doing so on another forum.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And i do not know why some people actually defend that event at all. Look what Cryptic managed to pull of and look what their competition did. Guild Wars 2 for example. Cryptics attempt looks just incredible dumb to me. F2P does not mean it has to be automatically low quality.

Neverwinters Halloween event cannot even be compared to Guild wars 2 , I'd post a link showing what that game gets but it would just be deleted but to put it simply Guild wars 2 event makes this nonsense we get for Halloween look pathetic.
    That's funny. It seems you might be the only one happy with things over there. All I see are complaints about the drop rate of the Gwynefyrdd miniature and requests to get last years costume witches hat back. Pretty sad when the only one saying things are great is doing so on another forum.

The Gwynefyrdd minature is supposed to be a ultra rare trick or treat bag drop and even going back to Guild wars one every year people complained about the event hats because the developers always refused to reuse old skins , something that Neverwinters developers have yet to learn.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited October 2014

Well, of course it got also problems and people tend to want more than they get, me included.
    But just compare it clinical: The GW2 event had A LOT of effort shoveled into it and you can actually feel this. It might not be perfect, but it is far beyond Neverwinter's event.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And what's Halloween? But running around in circles knocking on people's doors. While it's not the most exciting way to spend ones time it can be productive and has an undeniable "trick or treat" feel to it. After all, you are literally wandering around town begging strangers for treats.

Unfortunately you only get peanuts here which you have to trade for a chocolate bar, while in real life you 10-12 chocolate bars.
    edited October 2014
    So you just have to do that another seven hours for that companion. In the next few days. Have fun. :D

Five hours. But who's counting?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol

didn't you ever do halloween as a kid?

did you just sit there at 1 house, ringing the doorbell over and over?

no, you ran around the neighborhood.

so, that's what you do here.

I don't intend to do this event again since there are no rewards I want, but last year I just did a little loop. find an instance with less players and run a loop, picking up pumpkins when you run out of tokens.

easy peasy.

also: 100% optional
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    lol

didn't you ever do halloween as a kid?

did you just sit there at 1 house, ringing the doorbell over and over?

no, you ran around the neighborhood.

so, that's what you do here.

I don't intend to do this event again since there are no rewards I want, but last year I just did a little loop. find an instance with less players and run a loop, picking up pumpkins when you run out of tokens.

easy peasy.

also: 100% optional

There is one reward I want, I don't want to run around to every house in the neighbourhood, getting 1 peanut from each and then have to trade my bag of 200 peanuts at the end of the night for that one kit kat since I started trick or treating at 12:00 AM.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pay to Grind. Buy one bag, still gotta grind....

Blackdagger Bandit: You lose!