test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kind of good news for people who are still trying to get black ice gear drops.

Comments

• teekohpek00teekohpek00 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Again, this is something I largely agree with. Just pointing out the reality. The RNG is this game is particularly harsh and unforgiving. I play because I enjoy it, but I find some of the grinding (ToD tomes and BI gloves/mainhands) to be ridiculous to the extent that it makes it no longer fun.

I so totally concur with rabbinicus on this.

This is coming from a flabbergasted DC who grinds every day for at least 4 hrs for close to 3 mths and has yet to get the ever elusive BI Gauntlets.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I so totally concur with rabbinicus on this.

This is coming from a flabbergasted DC who grinds every day for at least 4 hrs for close to 3 mths and has yet to get the ever elusive BI Gauntlets.

just so were all clear this stuff will be outdated mod 6 (artefact armor....

also what time is it on!!>>!>! im buying a corupt and purified glove regardless #pre-buyersRemorse
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    just so were all clear this stuff will be outdated mod 6 (artefact armor....

also what time is it on!!>>!>! im buying a corupt and purified glove regardless #pre-buyersRemorse

This is very important to remember. They are changing this late and giving you an opportunity after or very soon to be obsolete. Keep that in mind. Please dont complain when 2 months later there is much better gear if you buy into this. Its almost like "we arent allowed to say to lose". :)

Should of just increased the chance to drop.

EDIT: Should of just increased the chance to drop and added this in addition.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is very important to remember. They are changing this late and giving you an opportunity after or very soon to be obsolete. Keep that in mind. Please dont complain when 2 months later there is much better gear if you buy into this. Its almost like "we arent allowed to say to lose". :)

Should of just increased the chance to drop.

EDIT: Should of just increased the chance to drop and added this in addition.

yer when they first did the mod the rng was way better too... everyone who got in early got their gear and us late starters now need to buy it...

in how many hours!?!?!? :P
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In a wierd way though... its like IWD campaign booster, cause mostly you want to advance through that campaign so you can craft those items... So its a cheap campaign shortcut; thats not soo bad.

But then again if its obsolete. I run myself in circles.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It took me 2 months, back in the beginning of mod 3, to get my black ice gloves. Now, 2 weeks of searching many hours a day, my poor cleric is still gloveless. FIX THAT ****, yo! It would make me very happy, I don't necessarily want to buy my gear with real money >_<
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the grind was just bearable or avoidable by the way of a token system or time gate the community would be happy.

A temporary way to appease the frustrated masses is just not the correct solution.
    I agree with all you say, but I want to point out:
    We actually got the token system with M5. The possibility to circumvent the RNG (a dragon book drops in a dungeon for the 4th and 5th boon of ToD) is exactly what we, the players, asked for. If it does not drop immediately you still can, after much investment, get an item for certain. the price in time and AD is high, but you know there is a way to "buy" the item.
    Nevertheless, people are demanding this and that to be changed to get their items easier/faster.

In the end a product manager or developer might get the impression it is useless, whatever they try, there are lots of people complaining.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    I agree with all you say, but I want to point out:
    We actually got the token system with M5. The possibility to circumvent the RNG (a dragon book drops in a dungeon for the 4th and 5th boon of ToD) is exactly what we, the players, asked for. If it does not drop immediately you still can, after much investment, get an item for certain. the price in time and AD is high, but you know there is a way to "buy" the item.
    Nevertheless, people are demanding this and that to be changed to get their items easier/faster.

In the end a product manager or developer might get the impression it is useless, whatever they try, there are lots of people complaining.

A putative "product manager" would be missing the point in a heroic manner, were they to draw that conclusion. It's blindingly obvious that the problem isn't that you can buy the boon books- but how ludicrous the original drop rates are, and how slow the quests are to get the (horrible and far too numerous) currencies needed to buy them can be. That many days, spending that many hours for Timers On Dragons is just punitive. You can't just say "well, now you can buy them", if the price is so self-evidently ludicrous that it just puts a lot of people off even trying, as the costs so disproportionately outweigh the benefits.

It is not rocket surgery.
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    A putative "product manager" would be missing the point in a heroic manner, were they to draw that conclusion. It's blindingly obvious that the problem isn't that you can buy the boon books- but how ludicrous the original drop rates are, and how slow the quests are to get the (horrible and far too numerous) currencies needed to buy them can be. That many days, spending that many hours for Timers On Dragons is just punitive. You can't just say "well, now you can buy them", if the price is so self-evidently ludicrous that it just puts a lot of people off even trying, as the costs so disproportionately outweigh the benefits.

It is not rocket surgery.
    What drop rate or procedure would you prefer? Buy a book for 1000 Dragon Hoard Coins? Do you think this would really be good for the game or only for you?

Considering that the books can be bought on the AH for 1kk AD I guess one can leave the grinders to do the stuff and the buyers to buy the stuff the grinders made. It may not be cheap, but at least with this expansion we have the chance to buy the items, as well as to grind them. AND we have the chance to get lucky and get it dropped on our feet. Which is what has been asked by many on the forums. I hate the wait for dragons, which is terribly designed, but I guess that PWE sold lots of T2 mounts due to the long rides to the dragon.
    At first I wanted to do all dragons with all my 8 toons each day, but as I made my SW on the 2x XP weekend I decided to let my 8 mains do the praying (all have SoT and LoL available and each one has a pair of keys) and forget about the 2 books (or 16 books for all of them) and further my SW and do only dailies there - Sharandar, DR, IWD, dragons. That is enough time, but much more enjoyable than two hours of waiting with all toons for a dragon to appear.
    And I actually can do a few DDs next to it!

In the end ToD might have cured me of my altitis!
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no thanks i'll spend 1 day of the week to grind it out per character that needs it until i get bored. Don't get it no matter it'll only be for pvp / just to complete. Oh and titles!
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited October 2014
    How much are those booster packs? I think I might get one so my CW can have the BI gloves for his purified set. I already have the corrupted set and only need the gloves to complete his purified set. Sounds like a great idea. Saving my zen :D

Also sounds really great for those who just couldn't get the things to drop no matter how many times they did the heroics.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How much are those booster packs? I think I might get one so my CW can have the BI gloves for his purified set. I already have the corrupted set and only need the gloves to complete his purified set. Sounds like a great idea. Saving my zen :D

Also sounds really great for those who just couldn't get the things to drop no matter how many times they did the heroics.

i would strongly suggets you not do this for your CW. Start solo'ing the epic enounter or everything but boss on Majors and advertise it. you'll get your gloves in due time.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Dosent work for me
    Dr. Phil
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If this is an "event" in their usual sense, then it won't be in effect for another hour.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Dosent work for me

The event was advertised on the preview calendar so it might not even happen , which I imagine would be very disappointing for people who really need the stuff , Guess I should have made that clear in the OP.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    the event is on the player calendar and is starting in 32 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think its horrendous.

Just another move in a long string of ones divorcing me from the game. I will not pay anymore to this company. I am just awaiting another game to come along at this point.

Some of its still fun, but its become depressingly less and less of late.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I think its horrendous.

Just another move in a long string of ones divorcing me from the game. I will not pay anymore to this company. I am just awaiting another game to come along at this point.

Yeah I really hope it is a one off type of thing , giving things bad drop rates then selling them in the cash shop really isn't a good direction to take the game , they should have increased the drop chance or made the items BoE before doing something like this.
    the event is on the player calendar and is starting in 32 minutes.

Phew , I am stuck at work so I haven't had a chance to see if it was added to the live calendar yet , kind of surprised they haven't advertised it anywhere else yet apart from the calendar .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited October 2014
    I'm tempted to be the first to get a hammerforge pack and see if you can actually pick the gauntlets or not...
    then again I'm thinking knowing my luck you won't get to pick the specific piece of gear so I'm thinking I might wait to see someone else pay to test this lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Took the plunge - it allows you to choose ANY of the purified or corrupted gear.

Edit: So yes, this includes gloves, main hands, jewelry, etc.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Over 600 runs on my Tank
    Over 322 on my GWF

Completely feel your pain, no gloves or mainhands on any of my characters after hundreds of attempts as well. I would imagine when they're added to the black ice merchant (please note: This is PURE SPECULATION on my part - albeit very hopeful speculation) in the hopefully very near future people are going to be even angrier. Then hopefully people will move past their anger.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited October 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Took the plunge - it allows you to choose ANY of the purified or corrupted gear.

Edit: So yes, this includes gloves, main hands, jewelry, etc.

Bless your heart!

Got my gloves now too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    It costs more than enough that it should probably just come naturally. Plus for those that don't care for pvp, I probably wouldn't bother. I suppose if you wanted gear right away at level 60, but meh.

How much is it?

I never buy things like Professions packs, as if I want a Leadership Hero or a Weapon Smithing Grindstone, I want a Leadership Hero or a Weaponsmithing Grindstone. I do not want "a chance" of winning an Assistant Leatherworker, a Tailor's Steel Needle and a pile of Residium.

I might pay for the specific things I want, but a "chance" of getting mostly rubbish is just a stupid waste of real money.

So, it looks like they did actually nerf the RNG purposefully with this specific long-term plan in mind? Are they trying to market it as doing a favour to their loyal customers who have just been unlucky?

It's difficult to believe that a successful company familiar with the reasonable and acceptable practices of Capitalism could think that this is good business practice and would generate customer satisfaction and loyalty.

What next? Drown 15 villages to build a hydro-electric plant and get the army to forcibly relocate the people across the other side of the country with no compensation?

:mad:
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Got my glove for DC. Enough accomplishment for the day!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How much is it?

I never buy things like Professions packs, as if I want a Leadership Hero or a Weapon Smithing Grindstone, I want a Leadership Hero or a Weaponsmithing Grindstone. I do not want "a chance" of winning an Assistant Leatherworker, a Tailor's Steel Needle and a pile of Residium.

I might pay for the specific things I want, but a "chance" of getting mostly rubbish is just a stupid waste of real money.

So, it looks like they did actually nerf the RNG purposefully with this specific long-term plan in mind? Are they trying to market it as doing a favour to their loyal customers who have just been unlucky?

It's difficult to believe that a successful company familiar with the reasonable and acceptable practices of Capitalism could think that this is good business practice and would generate customer satisfaction and loyalty.

What next? Drown 15 villages to build a hydro-electric plant and get the army to forcibly relocate the people across the other side of the country with no compensation?

:mad:

1500z... I doubt it was planned to have a low drop rate in order to sell the gear considering they've had low drop rates ever since they released module 1. As for boosters, I have no idea why people buy them. I guess they expect a decent chance of getting something good. Personally I once bought quite a few on a zen and booster sale and lost out on every single one =/. The fact that the more limited black ice booster costs 5 times that is ludicrous even if you do get a guaranteed pair of gauntlets. So even if I don't see a malicious plan for the booster sale, that doesn't mean I support the direction they've taken and hence why they've received a lot of my criticism.
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    1500z... I doubt it was planned to have a low drop rate in order to sell the gear considering they've had low drop rates ever since they released module 1. As for boosters, I have no idea why people buy them. I guess they expect a decent chance of getting something good. Personally I once bought quite a few on a zen and booster sale and lost out on every single one =/. The fact that the more limited black ice booster costs 5 times that is ludicrous even if you do get a guaranteed pair of gauntlets. So even if I don't see a malicious plan for the booster sale, that doesn't mean I support the direction they've taken and hence why they've received a lot of my criticism.

RNG didn't hate me so much today... Ended up scoring Mithril gauntlets from the pack that I bought to get my pair of purified gloves!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Same here... Now if the gods remain good, I'll get my first Rank 3 success tonight (and extra profession slot)... O,o?

One can hope my brother... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was checking calendar yesterday and did not saw any bI glove event or one that is described earlier in thread. Does anybody have some confirmation that event will take place at all? Or since they removed it from calendar all hope is lost again?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uhh... it's already live....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uhh... it's already live....

Ty. will check later today I guess. Is it Black Ice Shaping Booster Pack or Hammerstone Runeforge Kit ? Or what is the name of pack with gloves?