test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kind of good news for people who are still trying to get black ice gear drops.

124»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • adnazaradnazar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bad idea to "fix" the ultralow droprate of the blackice gloves with another RNG box which costs a lot of Zen... If i could choose to get the gloves 100% from the box, i would maybe buy it. But as i have to pay 1500 Zen to get some random stuff i don't need and a 1:4 (or even lower?) chance to get a glove, nope, never.

Another negativ point on my list, although there are many positive ones too (i really like this game since beta), the fact that these RNG things instead of fair methods to get certain items, getting more and more important in Neverwinter, raises the negative points number on my list a lot. Instead there should always be at least two methods to get an item, a fast RNG or pay method maybe, but there should always be one method, that every player can use to get the item for sure, even if it last months to get (coins maybe), just my opinion.
    edited October 2014
    It's not a random gear piece. You do get to pick.

You also have to decide if that one piece of gear is actually worth fifteen American dollars to you.

I have mixed feelings on the subject. I never *needed* the gloves enough that I'd participate, though I've had them drop on two characters without grinding for them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    I'm starting to think people can't read...
    People have posted in the last couple of pages that they had gotten to choose which piece of gear they wanted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • adnazaradnazar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On the last pages was a lot of guessing, but none did know how this box would really work. The tooltip of the box said you could choose between corrupted and purified and the first people who opened boxes today didn't write it clearly too, so i assumed it was random. If it is not random, ok, i'm happy, forget my last post.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm starting to think people can't read...
    People have posted in the last couple of pages that they had gotten to choose which piece of gear they wanted...

They are probably so used to dreadful RNG being forced upon them at every opportunity that they are finding the concept of actually being free to choose the item of their choice hard to believe .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They are probably so used to dreadful RNG being forced upon them at every opportunity that they are finding the concept of actually being free to choose the item of their choice hard to believe .

I got my gloves via this box not but a couple hours ago and I'm still in disbelief that they didn't take this opportunity to force more hellish RNG down our throats - Don't get me wrong, i'm thankful that they didn't but still hard to believe I do agree lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
    edited October 2014
    They could if they wanted to, since you can choose the item, but presumably anyone buying into it is only doing so to circumvent further wrestling with the RNG.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anyone try buying one of these on gateway with a full backpack (with overflow) {except you’ve opened one slot to pick it up}.

Then have you opened it on gateway?

I bet not and im scared itll bug out. I cant wait till tomorrow though!!! (gonna hafta :P

Is anyone (like me) buying 2; for both gloves?
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    was my post removed? If so, kinda validates my opinion contained inside that post: PWE is milking the community for cash like a bunch of foolish drug addicts.

Don't fix the drop rate and add it in for purchase, adding more and more RP sinkholes that serve to boost gearscores to a level that is only needed for some imaginary monster (everything in this game can be done with T2 gear and CN weapons.. milking the minmax pvp'rs who are yet to see a new domination map.)

When a company does things like this, it sorta shows where they are going with the game, kinda like driving an old car into the ground before you replace it.
  • shajibsiddiqui1shajibsiddiqui1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes my brother... the prophecy has come to fruition

lol. Congrats on completing ur set.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    1500z... I doubt it was planned to have a low drop rate in order to sell the gear considering they've had low drop rates ever since they released module 1. As for boosters, I have no idea why people buy them. I guess they expect a decent chance of getting something good. Personally I once bought quite a few on a zen and booster sale and lost out on every single one =/. The fact that the more limited black ice booster costs 5 times that is ludicrous even if you do get a guaranteed pair of gauntlets. So even if I don't see a malicious plan for the booster sale, that doesn't mean I support the direction they've taken and hence why they've received a lot of my criticism.

I do not have ANY Black Ice gear yet. Only two characters have even been to IWD and the only thing I have really done is unlock the Account-Wide DC Artifact. It can't be used to upgrade other Artifacts, but is an awesome thing as at Rank 100 it restores 100% of Action Points and all Encounters heal you a little bit for a short time on use. That is REALLY useful for ANY character with low Recovery and AP Regain.

My Dwarf DO has a bunch of Staff and Tools for Black Ice Shaping and about 1700 Black Ice from opening those Lock Boxes, but has not unlocked the actual Profession to use them yet.

But I really cannot be bothered mindlessly grinding things over and over and over again anymore. I did the Orc Assault CTA about 90 times and got some REALLY worthwhile things.

But it's gone downhill ever since. In different CTAs I got seven Moonshea Druids, six Fire Sprites, one Green Slime, two Pocket Pets, one Key to the special Rose Garden and one Golden Throne (what a crock THAT is - I thought it would double Stamina Regain or something as you were sitting down! But you just sit there. I should have got Garden keys for other characters instead).

But I have had no companions or mounts in any of the others. I did the recent Pit Fight about 50 times, but it was not really worth the effort. Although, I still have some Cruel Enchants to refine up.

I suppose other compulsive grinders will like having a pack like this, but I won't be buying it, even with a guaranteed drop. I am having more fun gearing up my Secondary and Tertiary Alts for PvP.

I do LIKE the IWD area, though. I really enjoyed IWD I and IWD II Heart of Winter/Heart of Fury by the same team as Baldur's Gate. In fact, by pure coincidence my Primary Main character's history (Refractions of Dawn, Tiefling AC) has her being born in Caer Koenig as she is the child of the Heroes of Icewind Dale, her Druid Assimar father (Contractions of Fate) and her Illusionist/Thief Tiefling Mother (Consequence of Grace). She hates the cold and despises Auril and the Undead, so worships Amaunator. She likes the Sun!

I was going to have her finish IWD, but then found how much fun level 60 PvP can be with 2 TRs, 2 HRs and a GWF. Compared with an AC and a DO, anyway.

:D
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got 3 or 4 bracers on my cw so had to refine some, got 1 on my gf and dc within 2 epic HEs each and I think that about covers it. Wasn't convinced about their effectiveness in pve and don't like the necessity to recharge them so they're idle. Not sure how lucky I was to get them, if it used to have a higher drop rate and was stealth nerfed or what. Had a hard time on preview, but I also did a lot of pvp HEs thinking they could drop there.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I picked up one of these packs - you do indeed get to pick the specific piece of corrupted or purified gear that you want. I chose the corrupted pact blade for my latest SW.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • neyvnneyvn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Though this concept maybe seen by some as helpful. I personally do not, I have been trying for both the gloves and the main hand weapon since this zone opened up. With out so much has having either drop and not be for my class. Offering this pack is nice an all but not all of us can exactly afford to put out the money for the zen to purchase them. Personally I think what should be done is have the system seriously looked at an redone. I enjoy playing the game and have no really intention of quitting, but it is completely frustrating to spend hours trying an trying to get those pieces only to not even catch a glimpse of them. Come Dev's please do something other than try and milks us for more money.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    again, only the elitist tools and whales are enthusiastic about this concept. and they cater right into cryptic's abuse of low-gambit rng of items they claim can be obtained in-game. now, we'll just see even less chance for decent rewards in the future and more of this zen store <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. ya ya, send my post to the can you censoring tool. this game stinks of pay 2 win

I got my full Purified Black Ice Set for my new GF, spending $0.00. My God this game is P2W!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o