What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was on the ptr just now in IWD pvp, and divine astral shield did nothing, did not draw the blue circle or give any benefit of any kind.
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The problem with taking away AS & FF, is that you've taken away the regen aspect of our healing. HE and BH is only healing spells, the way neverwinter dungeons is designed is that people take constant damage. With AS & FF regen this was a nice way to counter the damage per second, with the regen per tick. Now that have taken it away, we have to rely on the HOT effects or direct healing.

The problem isn't with high end gs team, it's with low gs DC trying to heal that amount of DPS. Doesn't matter how much you try to HOT/Heal with HE/AS/DG it is not going to be enough to keep some teams alive.

Even with the caps, and casting time improved on BH, its still a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> heal, at least give us some kind of regen heal on the DC, so that we can counter the that massive dps the adds dish out.

Seeing as you are forcing the DC class to except this massive Healing nerf it is just sad, and you still don't give feedback regarding sunburst??
  • Options
    nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2014

This skill has lost most of its functionality, and should give the players more utility since it no longer fulfills its role in providing good mitigation or healing. A comparison between the usages on live and how it is in the preview:

Current AS:
    - Clerics always use it in divine mode for the 24% mitigation and heal-over-time.
    - Clerics drop it where the fights occur, or on the squishier classes.
    - Only effects a specific area, so if the fight changes location, AS loses its benefit.

New AS:
    - Much lesser mitigation.
    - Normal AS still suffers from being useless if the fight changes location. All the empowered stacks will be wasted if the cleric casts the AS but the fight moves away from it.
    - The temporary HP from divine AS is still too little and pretty pointless when compared to the divine mode of other skills that heal.

Suggested changes to keep AS viable with reduced mitigation:

- Make normal AS follow about the cleric, but reduce the radius of the AS (to maybe 20ft/30ft?). When the cleric casts it, the shield is centered on the cleric, and moves with the cleric.
    >> Reason: Since you're nerfing the mitigation, at least let the cleric position himself so that the shield's mitigation is not wasted if the fight shifts location.

- Allow the cleric to still drop divine AS on the ground (up to 3?), but remove the temporary HP and make the radius of the shield to be similar to the normal version (20ft/30ft?).
    >> Reason: In fights that are stationary, or when the cleric has many party members to protect, divine AS allows the cleric to mitigate damage over a large area by dropping up to 3 divine AS on the ground for party members to fight in. Note that these divine AS do nothing else except provide the nerfed mitigation amount, and should not stack.
  • Options
    virtuelswayyvirtuelswayy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We currently are not happy with where Lifesteal is in general, especially in how it relates to Cleric healing. While we have some long term plans around this, we have to be very careful when adjusting it. We wanted everyone to be aware that we are monitoring this issue and plan to address it.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Well thank you for this. I'm still not a fan of the greatly increased button pushing and think we could get power and options other ways, but I do like that you are listening and communicating. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014
    Bug
    Agent of the Divine: Still exceeds max HP, and it disappears when out of combat (If this is WAI then I see no practical use for this feat).

Suggestions
    Exaltation: Bring back dmg immunity (to empowered or divine with CD) and the blue bubble visual effect.

Divine Astral Shield: Give it visual effect.

Divine Fortune: Gaining divinity using at will only is VERY UNPRODUCTIVE, most players would agree. Either buff Divine Fortune or let us gain through encounter use.

Prophetic Action: Very unreliable, one of the most useless class features in this game. Rework it please.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Exaltation is currently our most reliable life saver to ourselves and teammates, can't believe you guys ruined it :mad:
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Believe it or not, life steal is the healer's biggest enemy ... can put the healer out of biz :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not life steal that is the enemy. Its the fact we have less options for healing and methods for healing and direct mitigation which we've lost.

People ragging on life steal is like if dps ragged on clerics for doing damage.
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Bug : Empowered Healing Word
    The Empowered stack(s) may only affect the first tick of Healing Word... What i know for certain is, the rest of the regen ticks does not benefit from the stack of empowered

Bug : Divine Glow
    Both Divine Glow & Divine D.Glow is giving the buff to the cleric himself with a very wide radius regardless of Empowered stack(s). Is this intended?

[for other people, the normal divine glow is working correctly to give the buff with the increased radius only when it is empowered..
    Divine D. Glow have no increased radius whatsoever even when empowered(maybe it is intended this way)[exception to the cleric himself which benefits from the radius no matter what as previously stated]... ..

Bug : Divine Divine Glow
    The buff color given by the divine version is yellow (same as normal version) instead of the original blue... Is it intended this way to avoid color clashing? Could just override the color with each other depending on the latest casted

Bug : Bastion of Health & Divine Bastion of Health
    Idk if it's intended this way, but just like D.Glow and D.D.Glow.. The caster DC benefits from a very wide radius regardless of the target location. To be precise, if you cast at full range, the caster wont get the effect.. but if you cast @ around 80% of the max range, the caster cleric himself will still benefit from the healing.
    Even with the caps, and casting time improved on BH, its still a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> heal, at least give us some kind of regen heal on the DC, so that we can counter the that massive dps the adds dish out.

Idk about that.. The way it is now @ preview shard, bastion of health isnt just a viable burst, it ALSO has a regen/HoT component to it (quite a strong one i'd say). It is very reasonable that the regen is stronger than healing word, since healing word has 3 charges and less cd time.

Also, divine glow has a regen component too... Altho both regen ticks are considerably weaker than D.FF, but I think it somewhat makes up for it.. since Divine Glow now has a nice 10% DR buff (and good AoE radius when empowered)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bug
    Agent of the Divine: Still exceeds max HP, and it disappears when out of combat (If this is WAI then I see no practical use for this feat).
    This is very disturbing... But then again, I think it is too drastic to sacrifice ALL of our HoTs (while also lose 25% of the heal) to be deposited into Gift of Faith.. Especially if we get 1 hit during those 31%-40% hp... which happens quite frequently @ PvP i'd say.
    Divine Astral Shield: Give it visual effect.
    Yes please!
    Divine Fortune: Gaining divinity using at will only is VERY UNPRODUCTIVE, most players would agree. Either buff Divine Fortune or let us gain through encounter use.
    i think the divinity gain increase from divine fortune should at least give 10% per rank.. making a total of 30% overall
    Prophetic Action: Very unreliable, one of the most useless class features in this game. Rework it please.

Yes Yes Yes! At least make it only to trigger the block when there is more damage than 10-15% of max HP hitting the DO cleric...
  • Options
    raritieraritie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Final thing we wanted to bring up was Lifesteal. We currently are not happy with where Lifesteal is in general, especially in how it relates to Cleric healing. While we have some long term plans around this, we have to be very careful when adjusting it. We wanted everyone to be aware that we are monitoring this issue and plan to address it.

Just give it to all mobs something like 'Lifesteal Resistance' (LR) stat. The more LR one mob has, the less return from player's Lifesteal (LS). The more 'Epic' dungeon, the more LR all mobs have in it. Maybe LR also has to take in account the actual positive difference between player level and target mob level.
    For solo questing areas and light dungeons mobs LR = 0

:)
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A lot of these changes sounds nice on paper, when you do it right, when you get your builds right etc. There is a lot of players on neverwinter that has no idea how to play with there class, and DC class is no exception. A lot of the new changes to the DC will take some players so time to adapt and learn new play styles.

In that time frame, people learning, new players starting a DC, this will have a negative effect on the class all together, for instance they will invite the DC for a dungeon run, then while running (The dc is still learning) they become aware that the healing is not so potent anymore. So the next time they choose to get a team together they won't include the DC, because of their previous bad exp with the new changes.

In the long term the changes might be good, but it not going be like that. This is going to have a massive negative impact on the DC class as a whole. Plus you need to take into consideration the amount of people that are going to leave their DC class due to the fact that they don't like the changes.

The DC is going to be in a very bad spot light, when the new changes comes out in Mod 5, it will take a very long time to regain some composure with the other classes, when they want to invite you.

I really hope that we get a good feedback from other classes when we join them for PVE dungeons that they want to invite us next time, and not decide that the DC is worthless now, like the GF was pre-mod 4, where nobody wanted them in the team cause they don't really have any value to contribute to the party. Don't forget that the SW healing is more potent that the DC.
  • Options
    sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I posted earlier about Benefit of Foresight, but it just occurred to me...

Why is the DO paragon Benefit of Foresight feat in the Faithful tree? Going through the paths, it seems like the Virtuous tree is designed to be a HoT/damage mitigation path and Faithful is all-up healing. Why then bury a solid damage mitigation feat in the healing tree? Anyone trying a Virtuous build will almost have to spend an extra 5 feat points in Faithful just to get to get to the tier 2 Foresight feat.

I'm not on my gaming computer atm so I can't check, but if the DO paragon feat in Virtuous is still Second Sight, it should be swapped with Benefit of Foresight (putting a healing feat into Faithful and a damage mitigation feat into Virtuous).
  • Options
    vektoriozvektorioz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will forgemasters flame still have the aoe hot along with the slow?Other classes have snares.The cleric's one should be different.
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First of all thanks for the upcoming changes on AS/DG/BH and DL. Also thanks to monitoring and thinking to correct LS. You must be very carefull w/ it.
    It seems the damage/heal in the descriptions are incorrect. I am going to report it one-by-one whenever I noticed it.

BUG: Prophecy of Doom
    No/low damage. Tooltip might be incorrect? Normal mode PoD does NOT do any damage. D-PoD does low damage.
    Tooltip: 5178-6159
    N-PoD:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Plague Fire Weapon deals 27 (26) Fire Damage to White Dragonwing.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 1033 (858) Arcane Damage to White Dragonwing.
    D-PoD:
    Your Prophecy of Doom deals 1886 (1727) Radiant Damage to Drake Handler.

Let me know if you need more evidence. I try to capture a video if needed.

BUG: Prophecy of Doom
    During DA/HG this power does not grant AP even if the requirements were achieved (effect in progress when enemy dies). I do know about the Daily + AP gain change. While I do not agree I accept the change. On the other hand this is unacceptable for this encounter. The power was designed to get AP if all requirements were met. It is an exclusive skill (only DO DC has it). This power MUST be excluded from this restriction (the effect) or it will be useless.

BUG: Bastion of Health
    The amount of healing (heal+hot) does not match w/ tooltip.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bastion of Health gives 2372 Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bastion of Health gives 870 Hit Points to you.
    BoH tooltip: 11237-13367 Healing
    BoH has 6 ticks (over 12 sec): 2372+6*870= 7592 << 11237

BUG: Healing Word
    The amount of healing (heal+hot) does not match w/ tooltip.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Healing Word gives 1010 Hit Points to you.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Healing Word gives 464 Hit Points to you.
    HW tooltip: 5393-6415
    HW has 6 ticks (over 9 sec): 1010+6*464= 3794 << 5393

FEEDBACK: If it was WAI (seems so the tooltip shows the amount healed on ally not self) than all of the healing powers are garbage. Yes, it will be ~20K heal on ally w/ BoH, but DC lost FF and AS healing effect (more than 50% of shield effect on AS, too) in order to use other spells to heal.

I know you are working on it. The area of the effect is too huge. It shall not be wider than normal DL if any (small AOE effect would be welcomed in PvE). Take care of its PvP effect, but should not nerf it for PvE just b/c of PvP.
    (I do hear the scream from TRs b/c of this feat anyway)

BUG: Divine mode encounters do not generate AP

BUG: Divine Armor
    Even if the DC is not effected by DA (no buff, no THP) the DC can not generate AP till the daily power expired (15 sec).

BUG: Hallowed Ground
    Even if the DC leaves the buffed area (no buff) the DC can not generate AP till the daily power expired (15 sec).

FEEDBACK: Both HW and BoH should change their effect in amount of heal and hot. For virtuous DC it will mean double the bigger amount of heal to Regen. For Faithful it is less loss of heal (hence less stocked HP).

Divinity gain bonus should be applied so 3 consecutive hit of SF/LoF gives 1 pip.

Unused empower stack should give back divinity on expire. 1/4 or 1/3 pip/stack would be enough. Do NOT give 1 pip for 3 stacks anyway. Shall not be affected by feat/DF.

PS: sorry for any grammar/spelling mistake. Native hungarian here:)
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I forgot this.

BUG: Condemning Gaze
    Each tick of an encounter w/ normal mode dot effect gives a stack (FF/BtS). D-SB does not. It could be WAI in its current state, but the description is misleading in this case.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys, I wanted to talk about some of our upcoming changes and touch on why Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame lost their healing components.

First, the coming change list.

Daunting Light: Now correctly gives global Empowered Stacks.
    Bastion of Health: Cast Time reduced by roughly 50%.
    Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Glow: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Divine Glow: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Astral Shield: This power now adds damage resistance to players standing inside it instead of multiplying their damage resistance.
    Divine Astral Shield: This power now grants 50% more Temp HP.
    Healing Word: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word; This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word: This power now grants 2.4 times more Temp HP each tick.

The main goal of these changes is to make healing and defensive cleric play a little simpler and provide more interesting power choices. We also wanted companions to not really get in the way of clerics providing a lot of healing, so we are removing the target caps on most of your heals so getting those clutch heals on players will never be consumed by Companions. We also wanted Bastion of Health to be a little easier to land, so we sped it up substantially. We also drastically improved Astral Shield to make it feel a little closer to its old performance as far as granting damage mitigation.

Secondly I wanted to touch on why we decided to move the healing out of Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame. Astral Shield provided too many benefits from how good it was. It often felt like the only valid way to spend Divine power would be to cast Divine Astral Shield. Because this power provided healing you should safely ignore many other healing options because of how much defensive benefit it provided and how much healing it could pump out. Secondly, it provided a largely passive way to heal allies, and the burden of healing allies often then fell to those players responding correctly to your powers, rather than the cleric's skill and timing as a healer.

Given this we wanted to move more of that healing into your other spells to make them better alternatives to players having to stand in the blue circle. Forgemaster's Flame aslo suffered from many of these same issues in that players had to respond correctly to what was happening to get the most out of cleric healing.

Final thing we wanted to bring up was Lifesteal. We currently are not happy with where Lifesteal is in general, especially in how it relates to Cleric healing. While we have some long term plans around this, we have to be very careful when adjusting it. We wanted everyone to be aware that we are monitoring this issue and plan to address it.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

The devs are listening. :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kacsanever wrote: »
    Unused empower stack should give back divinity on expire. 1/4 or 1/3 pip/stack would be enough. Do NOT give 1 pip for 3 stacks anyway. Shall not be affected by feat/DF.

Good idea!!! Or alternatively, extend the duration of empowered stacks.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No cap on DL wouldn't be in keeping with the caps imposed on the majority of DPS/non-utility powers (for all classes).

Majority of DPS powers from other classes are DPS powers because they have big/no target cap. DL already has a small area - removing target cap won't break it.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys...Gentlemancrush already mentioned he meant DG instead of DL and corrected it in the update post too.DL will still have a target cap.

As for the new changes,they seem nice,thanks (especially if that divine healing word buff is also accompanied by a fix to the bug that occasionally made it not grant any tempHp) :) They certainly improve the utility DCs offer,though I still think the main issue is managing to actually cast these spells (in time,or even cast them at all),rather than the power of the spells themselves.A support DC can offer great buffs and heals to all allies,when they -can- cast them.However...

In pvp,all it takes is 1 person to stun or freeze you.After that,everyone falls on you like a vulture to skin you,continuing the stunlock train.Even if your team helps you,all it takes is once again only one person to continue the stuns,since you neither have cc breaks,nor enough tankiness when your heals and buffs cannot be refreshed.You can get completely shut down by a team that can cooperate well enough to focus you properly.Granted,that's kinda rare,unless you face a premade,but I don't think any class should be countered to the point that even getting anywhere near the node means you are dead.

In pve,your party spends most time either full hp or almost dead.The buff to AS certainly helps a lot,so thank you for that,but let's consider this:
    After bravely defeating the minions and mini bosses in the dungeon,your party has arrived at the final boss.You are fighting fiercely,when suddenly...
    *Boom* An ally (let's say a cw) got hit by a heavy,red-zone attack,almost getting one shot.Your astral shield saved his life,hooray!

Cw:"Aaaaaaaaah! We are all gonna diiiiiiie! Help! Help! Heal cleric,heal!"
    Dc: "Greetings.Thank you for contacting us in a time of need.We have been made aware of the dire situation you are in and will attend to your injuries shortly,utilizing only our finest,most potent heals.Rest assured everything will proceed according to plan.Keep calm,you will be back to full health in no time." *concentration pose*
    Cw: *pots and teleports* HEAL!
    Dc: Kame.....
    Cw: HEAAAAAAL! *teleports a second time*
    Dc:.....Hame....
    Cw:*teleports a third time* HEAL HEAL HEAAAAAAL!
    Dc:...bastion of heaaaaaaaalth!
    Cw: *takes a final hit and dies* e.e
    Dc: "Unfortunately,in your attempt to survive the evil red splats, you moved too far away from the coordinates where we last received your distress signal.As a result,our heal missed you.Condolences for your death.You will be missed."

Obviously,the above "scenario" is a bit exaggerated.In practice,the cw would probably just heal back with life steal,or at worst sf...All Im trying to show with it however is that,what really matters is getting those heals in and that can sometimes take too long.This is why most people liked old AS for example.Not only where you greatly reducing damage your allies would receive,but were also simultaneously providing a HoT.This means that a wounded ally would start getting healed -immediately- after the hit and then you could also heal them further with other spells,if needed.I too think AS was too powerful,I understand the nerf.Im just showcasing the importance of having heals instantly affect whoever is injured.Even the strongest of heals are no good if they cant reach your allies in time,or if you're constantly cc'd and "Cannot perform while disabled". The fact that fire-and-forget type of heals such as divine astral shield or divine FF are gone and are replaced by active heals,combined with 1)long casting animations for most powers,2)the need to first press the button to activate the targeting circle or line, and then aim and press again to cast,3)the need to also cast in divine mode to empower,which also implies up to 6 encounter powers per rotation ,4)the presence of only 2 dodges and no cc break and 5) the absolute need of standing still longer than others for at-will casting (because for other classes,at wills are mostly fillers; losing one at will in a rotation only means a slight dps drop.For a cleric,a lost at-will does not only mean you lose the full at-will baseline,but also a loss in divine points it would generate,which in turn leads a loss of the divine encounter power's baseline it would correspond to,as well as the inability to create and benefit from empowerment stacks.) makes DC feel kinda slow...I feel the potency of our heals is fine as is; increasing them any further would make them a bit OP.All that is needed is a cc break or even better an additional dodge.That's just my opinion at least :P

Edit: About lifesteal,I agree that it needs to be addressed.While noone should have to rely entirely on a cleric to stay alive,lifesteal in its current state is offering too much.Noone said that it will be removed.But that also doesn't mean you should get 10k self-heals for using a power.
    Also,keep in mind clerics aren't the only ones who support a team.A gf can use kv to reduce dmg the party takes and a temptation warlock can heal.On top of that,you have multiple tools at your disposal to survive,like dodges,potions,some artifact and armor enchantments,some encounter powers or class mechanics,some gear set bonuses,boons etc.If you add all that up,there's enough to not need a cleric.But just like no class should be a "must",so should no class be "unneeded",just like lerdocix said.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    leave life steal alone i dont want to depend on the clerics what if the cleric you get in pt is total garbage?
    also i hope if u ill eventualy change it the change ill not affect pvp cause life steal for some classes is already <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nerfing it futher ill just kill it pvp side.
    Or will make healers actually important.

2/3 of one class shouldn't be utter garbage for pvp and pve just because some selfish TRs, HRs or CWs want to melt faces while easily sustaining themselves.

They don't want any class to be mandatory for anything, but if you're bringing that certain class, it better bring something unique and meaningful to the team.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will we get something for control resist?
    we have only 2 dodges
    no feat in either heroic or paragon that increase stamina
    no power that improve speed, stamina or control resist
    and WIS have very low impact

PVP wise, this new active play is hard if you cant move
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm generally unhappy with my cleric at the moment. My feedback prior still stands. I dont really liike how my cleric has become in the way she heals.
  • Options
    galacticgushgalacticgush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new cleric dps build is completely broken. My cleric...with 305 armor pen, can kill a gwf with 5k more gs than I do, in 3 hits. It isn't right that clerics can heal, buff/debuff, and now out dps everyone. They're invincible. Please take a look at your dmg feats. All those added up makes the most OP god ever...and it's a support class.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the new cleric dps build is completely broken. My cleric...with 305 armor pen, can kill a gwf with 5k more gs than i do, in 3 hits. It isn't right that clerics can heal, buff/debuff, and now out dps everyone. They're invincible. Please take a look at your dmg feats. All those added up makes the most op god ever...and it's a support class.

amen!

Please fix the dps spec and make it less op, because it will destroy pve and pvp.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, I tested the DPS spec on my own DC. With 250 armour penetration she could 4 shot a GWF with over 30k HP, and even my HR with 3.5k armour penetration never manages this. WTF?!
  • Options
    galacticgushgalacticgush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another thing I noticed: Sun burst with constant knock back will be annoying. Maybe increase the countdown to make the knockback occur less often.
  • Options
    cixijacixija Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new cleric dps build is completely broken. My cleric...with 305 armor pen, can kill a gwf with 5k more gs than I do, in 3 hits. It isn't right that clerics can heal, buff/debuff, and now out dps everyone. They're invincible. Please take a look at your dmg feats. All those added up makes the most OP god ever...and it's a support class.

Yes, I have witnessed it myself, a leader role class burning HP so fast, it's just ridiculous. Please take care of that because it will ruin PvP completely, and probably PvE as well. It's even worse than all other unoptimized builds before put together.
    Also, I tested the DPS spec on my own DC. With 250 armour penetration she could 4 shot a GWF with over 30k HP, and even my HR with 3.5k armour penetration never manages this. WTF?!

This. I have seen full damage focused nuking based builds with superb single target damage doing way less damage than a dps cleric with way less gear and enchants, and gear that has nothing to do with dealing damage at all.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

There indeed seems to be something broken with some of the feat interaction. I do agree with most of what's said here(altho a more detailed info would be more appreciated [like what's the GWF's encounter loadout?]), except the last few sentences.

A DC taking a DPS tree SHOULD be able to fare quite well with other DPS classes, hence the "DPS" tree... because lets face it, they slot all damage encounter when taking such tree.. they are no longer 'support' class when doing so... DCs are also very prone to CCs, we only got 2 dodges and we lost healing step.
    If adapting to your "supposed" view on things, then CWs arent supposed to do great damage either, since they are CONTROL wizard.. so..
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Another thing I noticed: Sun burst with constant knock back will be annoying. Maybe increase the countdown to make the knockback occur less often.

I hope i'm wrong in this, but did you mean to increase the cooldown ??
    Just dont use it if you are annoyed by it, or use sparingly according to your need.... it's not like sunburst are autocast, you have the choice to either press the said encounter, or not.

Also, the divine version of sunburst does not have knockback..
This discussion has been closed.