test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kind of good news for people who are still trying to get black ice gear drops.

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    So, either of you two Mods have any inside word weather we will be able to choose the specific Black Ice item itself, or if we will only be able to choose weather the random Black Ice item will be Corrupted or Purified?
    As I said before, the Post could be taken either way and it has me a bit concerned.

Unfortunately, we don't.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be a serious killjoy if we don't get to choose the arms drop lol. Guess I need to suppress my elation for now and wait....
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The way they handled the black ice items and crafting materials (not being able to even buy a worn gauntlet like you can with any other asset) and the absurd grind for a stupid(but needed to anyone that wants bi set) glove drop.

And now 750000 ad for a piece of gear is just absurd.

So, please Cryptic.
    First you put the gloves to sale on the black ice merchant, OR at least make it WAY easier to get. THEN you can sell all the packs with "free" gear you want.
  • Options
    thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys for the feedback thus far. Please continue to keep this thread civil.

This is definitely something the company will guage players reactions about to please be respectful so that we can make sure PWE knows whether they should do events like this in the future or not.

Before it's asked, my view:
    My initial reaction was of gratefulness until the initial hooray I won't have to grind IWD wore off. We as a community have continued to complain about the abysmally low drop rate which is by no means restricted to classes. I have an HR who has no better luck than any GF out there so stop thinking contrary...

My view is quite simply that the drop rate needs to be improved. It needed to be improved for a long time now. Allowing players to buy their way past the hopeless [feeling] grind is not what the players want(ed). If the grind was just bearable or avoidable by the way of a token system or time gate the community would be happy.

A temporary way to appease the frustrated masses is just not the correct solution.

Hold on there 'Chief', we weren't saying our luck was any different class vs. class we are however operating under the assumption that a "Great Success" from a Heroic Encounter increased the probability of loot rewarded from the Heroic Encounter.
    We're talking about how Great Success is earned, I have to tell you, my GF sits at around 19k GS, my damage is bloody awful and I'm very active throughout the entire Heroic Encounter and the rate at which I can obtain a "Great Success" is abysmal.
    Thus leaving us the assumption that because our DPS is horrendous, that we don't obtain "Great Success" as often as most other classes, making us think that we have a lesser chance of obtaining that which we seek.
    My CW is 11k GS and gets a Great Success nearly every single Heroic Encounter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hold on there 'Chief', we weren't saying our luck was any different class vs. class we are however operating under the assumption that a "Great Success" from a Heroic Encounter increased the probability of loot rewarded from the Heroic Encounter.
    We're talking about how Great Success is earned, I have to tell you, my GF sits at around 19k GS, my damage is bloody awful and I'm very active throughout the entire Heroic Encounter and the rate at which I can obtain a "Great Success" is abysmal.
    Thus leaving us the assumption that because our DPS is horrendous, that we don't obtain "Great Success" as often as most other classes, making us think that we have a lesser chance of obtaining that which we seek.

Not to get too far off topic, but a little transparency regarding HE scoring would be nice - like showing what we've scored in each of the areas would be nice. I'd also like to see those that "drive by" HEs get dropped off the list - you should have to participate in a little more than just tagging an enemy or two, in order to get credit/rewards.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys for the feedback thus far. Please continue to keep this thread civil.

This is definitely something the company will guage players reactions about to please be respectful so that we can make sure PWE knows whether they should do events like this in the future or not.

Before it's asked, my view:
    My initial reaction was of gratefulness until the initial hooray I won't have to grind IWD wore off. We as a community have continued to complain about the abysmally low drop rate which is by no means restricted to classes. I have an HR who has no better luck than any GF out there so stop thinking contrary...

My view is quite simply that the drop rate needs to be improved. It needed to be improved for a long time now. Allowing players to buy their way past the hopeless [feeling] grind is not what the players want(ed). If the grind was just bearable or avoidable by the way of a token system or time gate the community would be happy.

A temporary way to appease the frustrated masses is just not the correct solution.

I totally agree with this. I think they have no idea or have tried themselves, to understand the frustration that it is to try and try and try and have absolutly no idea if we are ever going to get it.

I think they are heading with the wrong intetions there.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is actually not because how great success is achieved - this is IMO a major flaw in the heroic encounter's design. As soon as you start to engage in a HE there are twice or three times the recommended amount of players joining the fight. Since there are 3 thresholds (damage dealt, damage taken, damage healed), it's almost impossible to get a great success in an overcrowded heroic encounter, unless you play a wizard or a SW playing the "pull all the HE and aoe everything at once" game, and even with my 16.5k CW I have trouble getting a great success under these conditions.

This is really an issue because the fact that anyone can join might seem fun in theory but it completely ruins the rewards scoring system and many, many people ignore this, thus, they will join and leech and deprive you of what you need to get your great success. It also makes the HEs even easier than they are and that's not even fun when you have the encounter zerged by rabid people racing for damage and looking for their gloves.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This will definitely help to forget the abysmal module that was M3.

On a more serious note: Devs have recognized their design flaw, don't solve the problem but hand out a temporary medicine. That won't help new players/longterm.

Just. increase. the. drop. rates. They made an error and try to make money off it? Amazing.
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait, wait, wait. So you can choose the Purified/Corrupt state, but you can't speficially choose WHICH armor? I.E. you CAN choose a Purified armor but you CAN'T choose the arms piece?

I would rather it be the other way around. Same price, but you can choose specifically which armor, but not which type. I.E. you CAN choose Black Ice Gloves but NOT the Purified state.

Anyone get what I'm saying?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait. So you can choose the Purified/Corrupt state, but you can't speficially choose WHICH armor? I.E. you CAN choose a Purified armor but you CAN'T choose the arms piece?

I would rather it be the other way around. Same price, but you can choose specifically which armor, but not which type. I.E. you CAN choose Black Ice Gloves but NOT the Purified state.

if u cant chose what you want for 750k ad that is back to RNG but this time its even worse then before.
    in my experience that is at least 10 to 15 boxes to get what u want(gloves)
    while opening those 10 to 15 boxes (at least that much lets be real) u will get all the rest pieces so going to ice dale is compleate waist of time.

so if u have extra 10 to 15 mill ad lying around go for it get the gloves and whole set at once it costs same in the end anyway.
  • Options
    misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well they have to make money to support the game, It still drops the old fashioned way. But yea I understand the argument. After reading about the drop rate I was and still am bummed. That happened to be the one set I was wanting to complete. But like any MMO nothing is really handed to you. You have to work for it or be very lucky. Me I have some patience for grinding tho. I used to play vanguard for years. diplomacy, weapon smith was nothing but a grind . Both took me a year to max level. Heck it took me almost 1 year to max my Dread Knight. But any who. If that is what the company wants to do. Then so be it. Yes its dis heartening to many who pulled the grind. But its just business of supply and demand.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014

All I was asking for is for clarification.
    It could possibly be that way, depending on how you read the Tool-Tip.
    According to the Mods, they know nothing definite yet.
    On the other hand, you may have free choice as to which ever item you want.
    I HOPE that is what you get, but I take everything with a grain of salt until I see specifics.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    misery70 wrote: »
    But like any MMO nothing is really handed to you. You have to work for it or be very lucky. Me I have some patience for grinding tho.

Well, MMOs should focus more on gear progression rather than RNG
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well whichever way it is, I hope someone (ahem Devs ;) ) tells us soon. I might not spend my money if I don't get to choose the specific item (arms, main-hand). As I said before, type (Corrupted, Purified) doesn't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Well said. It would be a reasonable mechanic in addition to the others that you mentioned.. However, on its own, really not so much. Not only does it feel rather exploitative, but it's going to feed plenty of crazy conspiracy theories.

It also needs to be a lot better explained, in any case- as the questions above demonstrate.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    The way they handled the black ice items and crafting materials (not being able to even buy a worn gauntlet like you can with any other asset) and the absurd grind for a stupid(but needed to anyone that wants bi set) glove drop.

And now 750000 ad for a piece of gear is just absurd.

So, please Cryptic.
    First you put the gloves to sale on the black ice merchant, OR at least make it WAY easier to get. THEN you can sell all the packs with "free" gear you want.

While I agree with almost everything you wrote, including that 750,000 AD is a ridiculous amount for any gear, bear in mind that many piece of gear have sold for considerably more than that. While older players were able to purchase BiS (at the time) gear off the AH for reasonable prices many months ago, it is not unusual to see new gear being offered (and purchased) for millions of AD.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    While I agree with almost everything you wrote, including that 750,000 AD is a ridiculous amount for any gear, bear in mind that many piece of gear have sold for considerably more than that. While older players were able to purchase BiS (at the time) gear off the AH for reasonable prices many months ago, it is not unusual to see new gear being offered (and purchased) for millions of AD.

There is a difference between today and a year ago.

You are correct that 750,000 AD for BIS isn't unreasonably priced, but you have to consider that nowadays, every single PVE content is dry and unrewarding. It is hard for legit players now to farm AD because the good loot depends on RNG. The gear progression for new players is really steep, too steep because all the dungeons and heroic encounters are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and give no good reward.

The only way to earn considerable AD legit in this game is to take up a data-entry job and create tons of accounts with tons of lvl 11 toons all praying and levelling leadership to 20. That is very painful, time-consuming and boring, but unfortunately, the direction of this game has been to "encourage" you to plump money to get BIS stuff because farming PVE legit just isn't what it used to be.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a difference between today and a year ago.

You are correct that 750,000 AD for BIS isn't unreasonably priced, but you have to consider that nowadays, every single PVE content is dry and unrewarding. It is hard for legit players now to farm AD because the good loot depends on RNG. The gear progression for new players is really steep, too steep because all the dungeons and heroic encounters are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and give no good reward.

The only way to earn considerable AD legit in this game is to take up a data-entry job and create tons of accounts with tons of lvl 11 toons all praying and levelling leadership to 20. That is very painful, time-consuming and boring, but unfortunately, the direction of this game has been to "encourage" you to plump money to get BIS stuff because farming PVE legit just isn't what it used to be.

Again, this is something I largely agree with. Just pointing out the reality. The RNG is this game is particularly harsh and unforgiving. I play because I enjoy it, but I find some of the grinding (ToD tomes and BI gloves/mainhands) to be ridiculous to the extent that it makes it no longer fun.

Dungeons can give a great reward, but again it is too tied to RNG. Completing multiple T2's and receiving only T1 gear from the end chests isn't reasonable.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Starting on the 23rd ( next week) is this -

Ptu1Zv9.jpg

this isnt showing in my calendar?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    this isnt showing in my calendar?

Its on the preview calendar but since no dev has posted saying it isn't happening I'd guess it is .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know for how much?

But YES YES YESS the Devs listened!!!! Faith in this game restoted! :D:D:D

Wow doesn't take much to please you. The player base asked for the BI gloves and weapon be be purchasable through the vendor for BI cost or requested for the droprate to be increased. So what do Cryptic do? They offer the CHANCE (yay more RNG) of getting it through the zen store. So no the devs definitely did not listen.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    They offer the CHANCE (yay more RNG) of getting it through the zen store. So no the devs definitely did not listen.

~I think you get to choose the item you want
    Gain your CHOICE of Purified or Corrupt Black ice from the Black ice shaping booster pack

But yes , this is most certainly not the ideal way of fixing the terrible RNG drop system and I really hope this is a one off thing.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ~I think you get to choose the item you want

But yes , this is most certainly not the ideal way of fixing the terrible RNG drop system and I really hope this is a one off thing.
    Don't assume though, it could easily be a choice of purified or corrupted but the piece is random. Clarity isn't cryptics thing. However if it was random that would just show how out of touch they were but we'll see. Either way I don't like them charging a lot for low drop rates instead of fixing the issue.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its on the preview calendar but since no dev has posted saying it isn't happening I'd guess it is .

thx becks :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Umm... doesn't say bracers or MH.

Couldn't it just as easily end up being belts?

I'm getting the impression that you get to choose if the piece is purified or corrupted, not anything else.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Shush you... let me continue to live in ignorant bliss and believe that the search for my gloves are finally at an end...

*Puts his rose colored glasses back on*

+1, I'm really hoping it is lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    +1, I'm really hoping it is lol

If you can't choose the bracers, I can't believe anyone would actually do this.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If its random, that is hilariously bad.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas