What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric Changes

Comments

• Options
    orlicelorlicel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback: Empowered: When you reach 3 stacks you will get floater text to notify you that you are fully Empowered.

Floating text is barely visible especially among all floating texts which are present on screen and in tough fights. Please think about another way how to notify us that we have fully empowered.
  • Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014

Devoted Cleric: Divine Fortune: This class feature now correctly increases Divine Power gain by 5% per rank (down from 50%).

Devoted Cleric: Faithful: Agent of the Divine: The heal from this feat is now clamped and cannot exceed the target's Maximum HP.

Devoted Cleric: Righteous: Fire of the Gods: This feat can no longer crit.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
    Question:

1) Agent of Divine: After the health pool reaches my Max HP, do I heal still heal 25% less or not?

Suggestion:

1) Please buff Divine Fortune, 15% isn't going to help much, especially how we need to gain divinity quickly for empowered stacks.
    Suggestion: 33% per stack. Alternatively, let us gain it from using encounters.

2) Divine Exaltation used to be a life saver, now it's just meh.
    Suggestion: Give divine one damage immunity with CD, or AT LEAST BRING BACK THE BLUE BUBBLE VISUAL EFFECT.

3) Healing step is gone, we need it back.
    Suggestion: Make it a heroic feat or reduce the cost of stamina for dodging.

Bug:

1) Fire of the God: It's an AoE, not sure if it's WAI.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    These are some honest, true opinions from the smallest population of cleric: PvP DC
    1. Sunburst is GOOD.... Don't listen to those pve derp who want to nerf away the only reliable cc we have. There are so many encounters to use in pve except sunburst but there are no reliable strong cc other than current sunburst.
    2. Nice feats rework, but i hope healing step is back as heroic feat.
    3. Exaltation life saving capability should be retained.
    4. 0 AP gain during HG/DA is a bad option.
    5. Is there enough time and chance for a cleric to build up divinity in pvp?
    6. Anointed Army is still too weak as a level 50 daily.

In devs mind, what is the difference between a T-SW and a F-Cleric? Which heals, support and survive better? Please answer this question, TY.
  • Options
    vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2014
    I do not know what to write - many bugs and no time to test (more test TR).
    Not that bad as TR changes, but...
    Yesterday: 3 fights DC vs GWF. My char(Virtuous tree) die 3:0 (but long fights and nice dmg) . But after i see: other best geared DC (Righteous tree) win 4:1. :D
    It's not too much ? :eek:
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
  • Options
    sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just ran two dungeons on my TR:
    19k GS, Crit and Crit Sev based with P.Vorpal; Legendary Dex belt and 3 Legendary Artifacts
    10.5k power, 3k Crit, 2.5 AP, 3.5k Recov
    Ran Sabo build, with the Crit Sev feat from Exe.

A DC, running with High Prophet, Dread Weapon, no belt, and stats still spec'd for healing (i.e. only 500 AP) out damaged me in CN run by 10 million.

DC Righteous Path: 42 Million
    TR Sabo path: 32 million
    CW Oppressor: 19 million

The DC's 42 million parse was about:
    - Fire of the Gods: 17 million
    - Divine Light: 8 million
    - Chain of Blazing: 5.6 million
    - DG: 4.5 million
    - BoS: 3 million

My 32 million parse:
    - Blitz: 10 million
    - Dazing Strike: 6 million
    - Gloaming: 4.5 mil
    - Whilrlwind: 3.8
    - Shadows: 2.1
    etc...

I really enjoyed the play of the TR. I think the at wills are still very 'clunky'. They need to be faster.

I think the DC's power still needs a little work - specifically Fire of the Gods:

Fire of the Gods: When you critically strike a foe they are set ablaze, taking 20/40/60/80/100% of your weapon damage every second for 15 seconds. This effect does not stack.
    Updated: Righteous: Fire of the Gods: This feat can no longer crit.

Not sure how Fire of the Gods is doing so much damage. The formula is obviously messed up. I think it's doing an AoE too.
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    haven't had the time to play with the new changes but do have feedback and a suggestion.

message floaters will most likely get drowned in a sea of other floaters, it's a lazy method to figuring it out.

SUGGESTION: EMPOWERED TRACKING
    Easier method Add more Pips, but different shapes maybe circles and place them in one of 2 positions.

1. Add 3 more pips to the right of the divinity gain meter.
    ex. : ( :

or

2. Add 3 more pips to the opposite side of the Divine Pip/ Divinity Gain meter.
    ex. : (___: <--never mind the underline, doesn't come our right if I try to use spaces.

I would make the Empowered Pips color blue or green. As a whole maybe make the Divinity Pips, divine meter gain, and Empowered Pips, just a tad bit translucent ( on fence on this). This would make the three easier to see with direct or peripheral vision as they are color coded

SUGGESTION: SLIDING
    I would like to have an additional slide for DCs. Just having only 2 slides runs out extremely fast.

Will get back to actual game play feedback, later this week
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    shadowbladegrshadowbladegr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug:Brand of the sun

The divine points granted over-time, when used on multiple targets, does not properly stack. On live,using it on multiple enemies, will give divinity from all simultaneously.The new update to brand of the sun makes it give the initial "burst" of divine points from all casts properly,but only 1 over-time effect can be going on at any given time.

List of bugs still left over from build 1:
    -Divine Healing word still doesn't always give tempHP.It also still states in the tooltip that casting it in divine mode does not consume a stack,even though divine version and normal version no longer share cooldowns anyway.
    -Shield of the divine and Agent of the divine,the capstone feats for virtuous and faithful,still do not affect allies.
    -Fire of the gods still procs as an aoe.

Note that,for agent of the divine,the "gift of faith" icon seems to appear properly on their buff bar,but it has no actual effect.

Now that the bug has been fixed and we can actually test it,the normal version of AS is extremely weak.Not only is the 10% dr multiplicative,instead of added as a flat amount,it also only affects DR provided exclusively by defense.In other words,it ignores bonuses from AC etc.This results in about 3% DR boost for most party members,which isn't particularly useful...I agree that a flat 24% dr boost makes the live version a bit too "must-have" in any situation,but,the current one is almost useless.The main advantage a cleric offers to the party,whether in PvE of in PvP, is that we can provide offensive and defensive buffs.Yes, with a triple empowered AS,we can fully absorb minor hits for everyone.However,a hard hit will still hurt or even one-shot squishies and our AS was the only thing we could use to prevent that from happening so far.We could reduce a 40k hit to 30k and that could actually save people.Can't do it with the current version anymore.

Therefore,I'd recommend making normal astral shield provide ~15% flat dr.It would be toned down considerably in comparison to live version,while still allowing us to provide some protection from larger hits too.

Also,short list of general feedback on gameplay based on build 2 of cleric changes:

-Still think divine healing word needs a buff,even after the bug gets fixed. (It provides less tempHp than divine AS,it's more difficult to hit multiple allies with it,it take 9 seconds to provide the full tempHp and each tick does not stack with the previous or with divine AS's etc,meaning that allies who are not actually getting hurt, will only benefit from the first tick.)

-Sunburst's cc is nice,but it should be converted to a stun instead of a knockback. I have explained my reasoning in previous posts.

-Most heroic feats,as well as soothe, need a rework. All classes have that one (or two...or more :p ) powers/feats etc that are very rarely useful,but some of our heroic feats such as Initiate of the Faith and Domain Synergy are simply never worth taking.

-With the change to buff-type dailies disabling AP generation, the rest of our dailies might start getting used more often.However,most of them could use a small buff. For example,Guardian of Faith could use a stronger heal, while Flame strike could provide minor cc to targets not hit by the central part too,such as a daze or immobilize etc.

-I'm enjoying Empowerment and the flexibility it provides.However,the problem is that it feels extremely static and slow-paced,as it requires standing still and casting for extended periods of time.With dynamic battles this is not possible.In PvP,DC is primary target anyway.Being stationary for too long will get you killed in no time.In PvE,it's not exactly rare to see more red than actual floor textures either.No matter what content you are running,standing still is a bad habit. I would recommend either bringing back Healing step,or reducing Shift's stamina to 30%.An alternative could be adding cc-break abilities (proposed one related to divinty,on previous posts) and speeding up our casting animations.Or any combination of the above.Dodging is ideal though because:
    a)It prevents damage.Quite handy when everyone wants you dead.
    b)It prevents cc.Without a cc break,cc means you are getting focused easily,which leads to more stunlocking from everyone,which in turn leads to checking how your campfire is doing quite soon.Without the ability to cast heals or buffs,dcs are quite squishy.And since other classes have it easier at preventing,countering,or breaking free of cc,even if your team defends you,you will die if your enemies properly focus you.
    c)It creates a gap.This is key to kiting melee, while casting in between.
    d)It increases mobility.Clerics have low mobility and are easy to interrupt,even though they are the ones that need to rotate between points the most during pvp,to keep everyone alive.If you cant mount because of being in-combat,you need to go on foot.Dodging not only allows us to avoid cc,(which would lead to a dead ally since we wouldn't make it in time if we got frozen,stunned etc on the way) but also to get there faster,as dodges cover ground faster than running.

As gentlemancrush said in the previous stream,clerics now have a more active role.As a result,increasing the pace at which we can act,is -a must- to keep up with the increase in expected actions.

Note: I would once again like to ask people to respect others' opinions and not argue with each other.Both the majority and minority deserve to be heard equally whether you agree or disagree with them.Unfortunately we don't get to see what our advocate sends as a report every week,but Im confident they make sure to mention how supported all the ideas are.This is neither a "I'm right and you're wrong,so stop posting" thread nor a "I quit cause you detroyed DCs" thread.It's a feedback thread.So,provide constructive feedback to what you like,what you don't like,why this is so and HOW you would make it better.And please let everyone else do the same.

Edit: I like skinlikewater's empowered pips suggestion,would make it easier to keep track of the stacks.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    2. Add 3 more pips to the opposite side of the Divine Pip/ Divinity Gain meter.

This is almost what I was thinking they'd implement.

Another meter, just like the Divinity one, but at the other side. It'd be golden though since the powers used to consume them are golden.

And I agree with your opinion about only 2 Dashes. They run out very fast indeed.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Throwing in my vote for a UI element to indicate stacks of empowered (and not just a tiny buff indicator under our avatar). Extra pips on our divinity meter, whether on the other side of the meter or other side of the screen, would work. Or as others have mentioned, some form of glow or progress meter somewhere around the powers/health bar. Something instantly visible but unobtrusive.

Floater text just isn't going to cut it. Many people have commented that floater text gets lost in the sea of floater text already on their screen. This is why I have all floater text turned off, I find it distracting and ugly. Neverwinter is a beautiful game, and I don't want it mucked up by random numbers, symbols, and words floating in combat.

Of course I still wish we could drag all the UI elements to another screen entirely (second monitor), and have the game all by itself in the main monitor. I really love how beautiful the world of Neverwinter is. Some areas are downright breathtaking.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As it stands cross proc-ing of Debuff affects for burning guidance makes the feasible build that contributes to post level 60 advancement, and should only be limited by a maxium of amounts of damage. Making a feasible build around this does include a weakened state for other abilities which does naturally create the loss of capstone feats and specialization, which only further justifies a soft cap.

Although the specific method was previously unclear to me I do believe I have isolated the main chain of events which create the feasible build. Starting with the proc itself, astral seal with a player attacking the target also is the most prevalent, but the feat shared burden can increase the proc rates. Of course any other heal does work and that is situationally good but on a single target astral seal is best. As for increasing damage output the combination of astral fury and using brand of sun to proc bear your sins is a sufficient feat buff. Excluded response feats would potentially be righteous suffering because if the player was being attacked burning guidance would proc, like previously in the game, and this would greatly increase the output again. If this build is set to the standards the avatar of the divine would be not be outweighed by shared burdens making the build a variant based on how hard you want it to hit or how often. As for existing encounter powers divine glow is decent along with hollowed ground and terrifying insight. The aspect of gear what I have noticed is the high prophet set is specifically the best choice. Factoring in an ioun stone would only be relevant if a lesser Rune stone of bonding and a lesser indomitable Rune stone would affect the situation. This method renders healing diminished and other forms of damage diminished also and must the character had previously acquired other gears to compensate. Further perpetuating the fact that this is a feasible build that could expand class variety without creating an overpowered area of ability, if properly soft capped.

Allowing burning guidance to assimilate these buffs properly and have them stackable to the point where the damage limit would be proportionate to the specialization to the build would deserve some of the synergy-based character abilities and further please other players. The only suggested soft capped area would be a limit of 7500- 12,500 or that area, dependent on the difference in avatar of the divine and shared burdens.

PS I strongly advocate this action only on the basis is the diversity of the class.
  • Options
    quezacoatl01quezacoatl01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The changes to the Cleric are totally, utterly and completely disappointing. Way too many heals are lost and removing heals from a Cleric is like tearing out its heart and soul.

Astral Shield needs to stay how it was before. The change makes it absolutely worthless.

Forgemaster's Flame also needs to stay the same. Yet again loss of heals diminishes the usefulness of a Cleric.

The other changes are tolerable but are still not necessary.

All the Cleric needs is a higher damage output overall, NOT a total eradication of their ability to do what they are MEANT to do.
  • Options
    vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2014
    The changes to the Cleric are totally, utterly and completely disappointing. Way too many heals are lost and removing heals from a Cleric is like tearing out its heart and soul.

Astral Shield needs to stay how it was before. The change makes it absolutely worthless.

Forgemaster's Flame also needs to stay the same. Yet again loss of heals diminishes the usefulness of a Cleric.

The other changes are tolerable but are still not necessary.

All the Cleric needs is a higher damage output overall, NOT a total eradication of their ability to do what they are MEANT to do.
    Yes, I absolutely disappointed new AS version. :(
    New HW - 50/50 - wide range, but slow casting (need press 2 buttons vs 1).
    Spamming at-wills for build divine... not impressed, but i can live with this.
    New DG - like this.
    Stacks of empowered visualization - MUST be changed.
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    1. Add 3 more pips to the right/left of the divinity gain meter.

Great idea, certainly beats having it on our buff stacks. altho i think it might block our view, I suggest to make our existing 3 pips' outline 'glow' according to the number of empowerment.
  • Options
    borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I have to say I really really appreciate that you are asking us for Feedback. Here are some which will positively affect all players & I hope get implemented.

1. Regarding Lack of Tooltip Information which means A LOT to new players deciding which skill to upgrade.

Sun Burst has 0 Tooltip Information on HOW MUCH IT HEALS (currently only Damage Value is provided). This actually goes for Guardian of Faith as well where the Power grants both Damage & Heal, but only Damage Value is provided in Tooltip.
    Empowered Sun Burst: Sun Burst now consumes stacks of Empowered Sun Burst to increase the knock distance and the heal potency by 15% per stack.

Healing Word has 0 Tooltip Information on HOW LONG IT LASTS. It would be even more useful to display Heal Per Tick as to Total Heal. It is, however, mentioned in Divine Healing Word that it lasts for 9 seconds, is this the same?
    Healing Word: Heals and applies a Heal over Time effect FOR # SECONDS to yourself and all allies in a line. Max 3 stacks. 3 charges.
    Divine Healing Word: Grants yourself and all allies in a line Temporary Hit points every 3 seconds for 9 seconds.

Please include Tooltip Information on the Cast Time for Powers with long Cast Time (use of word "Mark a location" & "Instantly marks a location"). We players have 0 idea of how long it takes to cast. And, again, how long does this Power last on the ground & on enemies? It is mentioned in Divine Chains of Blazing Light that it lasts for 1 seconds, but it never mentions how long the Power stays on the ground when not triggered. I'm really inclined to think that players will appreciate Actual Value rather than use of subjective words such as "short duration" & "long duration" which varies between Powers.
    Chains of Blazing Light: Mark a location with a holy rune for a short duration # SECONDS. When a foe steps on the mark chains of fiery light Immobilize them FOR # SECONDS. Damage is no longer reduced for hitting additional targets. This Immobilize is halved on players.
    Divine Chains of Blazing Light: Instantly marks a location FOR # SECONDS, Immobilizing targets for 1 second and dealing a small amount of damage.

2. Regarding Controls (not related to Devoted Cleric) which makes the game feel very stiff compared to other games & the fix seems very easy.

When a Power is used while in Auto Run mode the character should continue running after the Power is used. Currently the character will stand still afterwards.
    What it is now: Auto Run activated -> cast a Power -> character stands still
    What it should be: Auto Run activated -> cast a Power -> character continues running

Bug: Map
    The Map, [M] Hotkey, when pressed twice should (1) Open the Map then (2) Close the Map. Currently it (1) Opens the Map then (2) Leaves the Map opened; requiring player to press [ESC] Hotkey to close the Map. (I reassigned the Key Binding for this Map Hotkey and this might be a result)
  • Options
    sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    DO-specific feat does not reset

When the feats are automatically reset on the test server, Benefit of Foresight (Divine Oracle) was NOT reset, even though the tier 1 feats on the Faithful tree were.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    sharonious wrote: »
    DO-specific feat does not reset

When the feats are automatically reset on the test server, Benefit of Foresight (Divine Oracle) was NOT reset, even though the tier 1 feats on the Faithful tree were.

Not exclusive to DO..

Theres someone that said the anointed army daily feat & exaltation feat also didnt reset.. My battle fervor feat also didnt reset.. So, pretty much ALL of AC path paragon feats didnt properly reset. I think it affects ALL paragon feats for both DO and AC.
  • Options
    sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Not exclusive to DO..

Theres someone that said the anointed army daily feat & exaltation feat also didnt reset.. My battle fervor feat also didnt reset.. So, pretty much ALL of AC path paragon feats didnt properly reset. I think it affects ALL paragon feats for both DO and AC.

That's horrible. Considering how extensively the feats have been restructured they need to reset all of the paragon feats or the "free" reset is anything but.

Even if they're not being changed, ALL feats (including heroic) should be reset. It's very hard to select feats for the new builds if we're stuck with feats optimized for old builds.
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In general, I like the unnecessarily massive changes. In fact, if nothing changed for any class between current ptr and mod 5, I think we'd be in a much better spot than we are now in mod 4.

My only concern for DCs is that cryptic may nerf us before this hits live. If nothing is nerfed between now and live, DCs will have some really viable options (viable, but not OP) for both PVP and PVE. The only additional thing I'd like to see before this goes live would be the separate divinity-esque bar for empowered levels. There are probably some relatively small bugs that should be addressed too.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My opinions follow. YMMV.

Have tested all 3 trees finally both solo and in a group. I don't do PvP. PvE only is it for me. First...I LOVE the new mechanic! Please, please, please keep it! This new mechanic kicks ***. It is almost painful going back to playing DC on Live after spending days and days on PTR. I have been having a ton of fun.

I think one of the biggest misconnects with the new mechanic is that the same old slow-as-sludge animations are used with a mechanic they weren't/aren't designed for. Divine is now the "spam-this-s***/machine gun" mode and the animations don't match what the gameplay mechanic is trying to convey. It oftentimes introduces a struggle where none need exist. The animations for every "spam-mode/blue" cast need to rev up significantly. This will remove at least some, if not all, of the heavy negative criticism the new mechanic has come in for in this thread. Bastion of Health needs the speed boost the most by far or very few people will slot it despite the healing boost it's been given.

I also LOVE the new sunburst. Yes, this PvE-only player LOVES the new Sunburst. Bust out 3 Divine-spams to DoT the adds getting CA on me and then use the global empowerment to hit with a heavy attack spell of whatever else I had slotted for the moment then follow up with a normal version of a 3rd spell. Or sometimes skip the 3rd normal encounter in favor of spamming at-wills to build divinity again. I'd rotate between different combos of PoD, Break the Spirit, Searing Light, Daunting Light, Chains and Divine Glow. The nice thing with the new zero-cooldown Sunburst is that *if* things got hot and I was on the verge of dying (done deliberately trying to aggro tons of mobs and wanting to see what procs, survivability, etc) I could instantly use the normal version (or a stacked version) to send the enemies flying. Buying me time to drink a pot and run (if needed) - thus saving my stamina for a dodge later if I really needed it.

I tried all three trees and while all of them are good I think the Heal-Over-Time tree probably brings the least to the table for a primarily solo player although I think it's great for a player who runs a lot of PUG dungeons or HE. The middle tree - Faithful - is now the go-to tree for superior survivability. If you want Healing Step back then the Faithful tree is the tree for you. My DC became a mini-tank by going with this tree. All while still seeing an improvement to damage to both. My favorite tree was the dps tree (very nice after putting up with the rinky-dink laughable damage my Live DC does) but all were so much an improvement on what we have now it was difficult to choose.

I do not mind the fact that Astral Shield was changed. In higher level dungeons it had limited value anyway in my experience because the vast majority of other classes simply don't give a d*** about it. And it shows in how they behave. Too many adds, bosses and sub-bosses that are highly mobile, lifesteal that is off-the-chain + pots + stones = not gonna stay inside an itty bitty blue circle, heal or no-heal, thank you very much. No matter how good AS may be (and I find it to be significantly less so than most DCs) it's no good at all if the other team members don't use it. And the vast majority don't. Even GFs the slowest, waddling penguins of the classes will often not give a hoot and move outside of the shield. They're often so naturally tanky and so busy kiting aggro they seldom even notice it's there. I toss it down and they (GWFs do this even moreso) don't care and will simply move where ever THEY want to go. And that's quite often NOT where AS is.

I finally concluded Astral Shield was being clung to by so many DCs because of fond memories of early dungeons (normal dread vault final boss is one dungeon where it actually makes sense) and the fact they themselves are often the only ones who will tenaciously stay and turtle inside their blue circle when everyone else is dodging, kiting, fighting outside of it. Of course DC's dps on LIVE is so poor I can understand why but it's a spell mostly for yourself. Very few other PUG members take advantage of it. Again...this is coming from seeing what happens in epic PUG dungeons (CN/MC/VT) - the only kind of dungeon runs I do because my guild is pretty much dead. As such I unslotted Astral Shield last year, replaced it with Flamemaster's Forge when it makes sense and have never regretted it. [Now I'll simply slot DG instead of FF if I feel I need the damage boost/heals.] Other PUG members have never commented on me not using AS either - a sure sign of it's limited utility to other classes. To date not one person has asked me to slot it and I run PUG epics daily. Not one. They simply don't need it or miss it. The only people who will miss it are other DCs from what I'm seeing in the forums and in PUG dungeon/skirmish gameplay.

Also:

1. Give a visual indicator of some kind to empowerment stacks. Maybe make the pip gauge increase in "glow" intensity as the stacks build - once it hits empowered it can change to orange and start blinking or losing glow intensity at about 5 seconds prior to when a global empowerment is about to expire. I do not like the suggestions of adding a second bracket on the opposite side. The screen starts to get too cluttered. People who have floating text turned off should still be able to have some easily identifiable and visible means of telling how many stacks have accumulated and when it's about to expire.

2. We need a CC-brief-immunity type spell. Maybe Guardian of the Faith (I think that's what it's called. It's been a long time since I've used it - the one with the angel) could have something like this added to it. I see very few people past the early boards still using it. Giving it some kind of CC-immunity utility would make it more desirable again. As it is now it's a sub-optimal use of points.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This power is improved to be really beneficial.. I'd slot it. Only REAL drawback is that when you run a dungeon with people who summon combat companions, the target cap hinder this skill to perform well. Please bear in mind that we only use healing encounters in low-mid tier group where people do use combat companions alot.

For instance, say there's 5 people and 3 combat companion in an area, with 2 needing healing the most.. if you cast this encounter, the bastion might not heal the one we intend to heal because of the 5 target cap.

There are 2 solution to this :
    1. Implement prioritization towards the heals if you dont want to raise the target cap.. Which is harder to code i think
    2. Raise the target cap to at least 10 in case all the people in dungeon summon their combat companion..

The long cast time in normal mode is already struggle enough for this skill to shine...

Altho it is highly understandable that the Divine mode lost its immunity bubble.. but please consider switching the bubble to the normal version.

For example.. beside the current bonus we get when casting normal Exaltation, I suggest that 1 stack of Empowered also give 1 sec immunity, 2 stacks = 2 sec, and 3 stacks = 3 secs.

I understand that divine version lost its mitigation field because of the spammability. But please provide better function to this divine skill. I prefer the person affected by this is given regen HP ticks like Div AS was previously (now without the mitigation, and perhaps a bit weaker heal ticks ofc) instead of temp HP...

Suppose that if it isnt bugged, i would still not use this skill in Divine mode.. the effect is just not very appealing.. It's not additive towards the temp HP given by Div AS either. Not sure if it's WAI or bug too.

I suggest to somehow add an effect to lengthen the normal HW regen duration by a bit... that way it gives a purpose to "spam" this skill

The way it is now, i'll never cast the Divine HW / AS .. I'll use other better Divine encounters to cast empowered AS/HW.

Bug : Divine Daunting Light Stack
    Casting Divine DL will give NON-GLOBAL stack of Empowered, it is therefore not consumed when casting the other normal encounter powers... Even the normal Daunting Light itself wont consume this stack..
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited October 2014
    so what i keep seeing is that people dont know what abilities are empowered its very simple if you have used a power in divinity it gains a stack until you use it without divinity which expels those stacks all you have to do is remember what you used its really that simple nothing much else to it.

if you cant even remember what spell you have used in the last ten seconds a pip on the other side or a glowing pip isnt really gonna help too much, i dont really see what the big deal is.

Relearning a class thats been reworked or updated is gonna take time to get used to its just like any other computer program or part of life its gonna happen and all the complaining in the world isnt gonna change that. just sayin.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited October 2014
    well the way i see it if you are such a player that plays with a great degree of control then you already would know what you are doing because you will have practiced it just like others like you.

But if we must make it more simple to tell if an ability is empowered you can add a number on the ability down on the tray like a differently colored charge on the other side of where the charges normally are that way there isnt a clutter on the ui and you can just look down.~last post dont want to clog.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to discuss the new DC artifact feat bonuses, as some of them seem a bit....well, odd.
    • Prophetic Action: Now also increases your control resistance by 25%.
    • Annointed Action: Now also heals you 10% of your maximum hit points when using a Daily power.
    • Annointed Holy Symbol: Now also heals nearby allies when using Encounter powers while channeling Divinity.
    • Foresight: Now also increases Deflection Chance by 3% for 5 seconds for you and those you heal.
    • Annointed Armor: Now also increases your Defense rating by 150.
    • Terrifying Insight: Now also increases your Critical Severity by 5%.
    • Divine Fortune: Now also increases your Deflection rating by 150.
    • Healer's Lore: Now also increases your Power rating by 150.
    • Holy Fervor: Now also increases your damage by 5% for 5 seconds after dealing a Critical Strike.
    • Sooth: Now also improves your Threat Reduction from all sources by an additional 10%

Some of the bonuses seem a bit weak, compared to what some of the other classes are getting, but others appear nice - Foresight and Terrifying Insight, in particular. I'm not very impressed by the Prophetic Action bonus, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys, I wanted to talk about some of our upcoming changes and touch on why Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame lost their healing components.

First, the coming change list.

Daunting Light: Now correctly gives global Empowered Stacks.
    Bastion of Health: Cast Time reduced by roughly 50%.
    Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Glow: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Divine Glow: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Astral Shield: This power now adds damage resistance to players standing inside it instead of multiplying their damage resistance.
    Divine Astral Shield: This power now grants 50% more Temp HP.
    Healing Word: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word; This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word: This power now grants 2.4 times more Temp HP each tick.

The main goal of these changes is to make healing and defensive cleric play a little simpler and provide more interesting power choices. We also wanted companions to not really get in the way of clerics providing a lot of healing, so we are removing the target caps on most of your heals so getting those clutch heals on players will never be consumed by Companions. We also wanted Bastion of Health to be a little easier to land, so we sped it up substantially. We also drastically improved Astral Shield to make it feel a little closer to its old performance as far as granting damage mitigation.

Secondly I wanted to touch on why we decided to move the healing out of Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame. Astral Shield provided too many benefits from how good it was. It often felt like the only valid way to spend Divine power would be to cast Divine Astral Shield. Because this power provided healing you should safely ignore many other healing options because of how much defensive benefit it provided and how much healing it could pump out. Secondly, it provided a largely passive way to heal allies, and the burden of healing allies often then fell to those players responding correctly to your powers, rather than the cleric's skill and timing as a healer.

Given this we wanted to move more of that healing into your other spells to make them better alternatives to players having to stand in the blue circle. Forgemaster's Flame aslo suffered from many of these same issues in that players had to respond correctly to what was happening to get the most out of cleric healing.

Final thing we wanted to bring up was Lifesteal. We currently are not happy with where Lifesteal is in general, especially in how it relates to Cleric healing. While we have some long term plans around this, we have to be very careful when adjusting it. We wanted everyone to be aware that we are monitoring this issue and plan to address it.

• Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys, .....
    Daunting Light: Now correctly gives global Empowered Stacks.
    Bastion of Health: Cast Time reduced by roughly 50%.
    Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Bastion of Health: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Daunting Light: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Daunting Light: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Astral Shield: This power now adds damage resistance to players standing inside it instead of multiplying their damage resistance.
    Divine Astral Shield: This power now grants 50% more Temp HP.
    Healing Word: This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word; This power no longer has a target cap.
    Divine Healing Word: This power now grants 2.4 times more Temp HP each tick.

oh dam
    Christmas came early.

PS:
    Thanks for acknowledging lifesteal as an issue.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    herundrion wrote: »
    oh dam
    Christmas came early.

PS:
    Thanks for acknowledging lifesteal as an issue.

I wrote the wrong skill in. That should be Divine Glow :) My bad!
  • Options
    rumrunner151rumrunner151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG: Righteous
    Fire of the Gods damage is still WAY too high.
    On the Target Dummies in Dread Ring I was averaging 9.9k dps with 5.6k coming from FotG.
    For comparison my similar geared SW and CW were doing 4.5k to 6.5k total.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    BUG: Righteous
    Fire of the Gods damage is still WAY too high.
    On the Target Dummies in Dread Ring I was averaging 9.9k dps with 5.6k coming from FotG.
    For comparison my similar geared SW and CW were doing 4.5k to 6.5k total.

There is also a fix coming that will fix Fire of the Gods applying in a big AoE incorrectly. it would cause echoes of damage that could do horrifying things. We might have to buff some other feats to make DPS more viable given that change, but we are monitoring the situation.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wrote the wrong skill in. That should be Divine Glow :) My bad!

Don't take my Christmas away :(
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if the idea behind those target cap lifts is to keep battle companions from being able to "steal heals", then I'm afraid it only makes sense on DG, not DL.

No cap on DL wouldn't be in keeping with the caps imposed on the majority of DPS/non-utility powers (for all classes).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.