test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More power creep to come - artifacts with a set bonus.

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
241685set.png

It seems that threadnoughts about power creep and pve being too easy were taken into account after all. Now the most problematic power creep element (artifacts) are getting even more power! :o
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep , power creep xD , check this out -

I just hope that if they are insisting on going this route the artifact accessories or artifact gear that make up the sets aren't idiotically difficult to get like belts are at the moment ,it's bad enough having to spend a literal fortune to level them up to usefulness without having to spend 4 million plus just to get a green quality belt.

psucFuC.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think that's really cool, actually. Again, you see it as powercreep. I see it as another way to customize my gear and my character.

The root problem isn't the added power and items. That's a foundation of MMOs. The root problem is the content not being made more difficult as well.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited October 2014
    Here are another three that I could find , not actually crazy powerful , just some nice little bonuses -

kaqWpDf.jpg

A2xIc9f.jpg

hsc8QbL.jpg
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So more artifact equipment. What i can tell for sure from these screenshots is that we'll have a new set of artifact belts and artifact neck equipment. Yay, more stuff to upgrade :) I'm pretty interested in the new belts, i wonder if they'll be more powerful than the +stat belts.

I hope i'm wrong, but if things continue to progress like this, by mod 10 or so, we'll have artifact everything, obtainable from campaigns, meaning there will be 0 incentive to run dungeons.
    edited October 2014
    I am also wondering if the belts that make up the sets will be artifact gear and if so will it have the added stats or will it just be basic artifact gear with the set bonus as it's special thing? I imagine if they do have the stat bonus as well as being part of a three piece set some of the people who have spent module four getting and leveling a artifact belt won't be too happy :/
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I think that's really cool, actually. Again, you see it as powercreep. I see it as another way to customize my gear and my character.

The root problem isn't the added power and items. That's a foundation of MMOs. The root problem is the content not being made more difficult as well.

Ideally these things would drop from updated 16-17k GS version of the current content, like the seldarine gear could drop from an updated 16500 GS MC. But what's going to happen? Given the current track the game is following, they're going to cram even more stuff in obsolete facerolls and call it an update. A lot of gear, little new content, that's not an update, it's something to keep us busy with old stuff we don't want to play anymore because it's too easy. It feels like the game has reached maintenance mode already.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So basically...

At least 2 more artifact ****z to upgrade.

And then probably reroll their stats 1000 times until you get what you want.

The game is a huge AD sink, it's like a desperate attempt to make sure people are poor enough to buy Zen. I personally know I won't buy 1 single Zen ever.
  • bremillardbremillard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's also a new option when you click on a piece of equipment on the character sheet that says "Manage Artifact Powers". Right now it only brings a window that lists the item's stats with a button named "Base Item".
    edited October 2014
    bremillard wrote: »
    There's also a new option when you click on a piece of equipment on the character sheet that says "Manage Artifact Powers". Right now it only brings a window that lists the item's stats with a button named "Base Item".

Yeah we are thinking that is something to do with this -
    ugoq9JM.jpg
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    yey more AD sink. this will help the overall community of neverwinter.............NOT
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im pretty sure I recall, fairly recently, folks all but demanding more AD sinks.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, it is getting harder and harder to make AD and now we have more and more sinks to put it in...

Anyone else thinking, gosh, i play all day, make almost no AD, then i spend it all in a second. Are we gonna be perma-broke unless we decide to play AH?
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Im pretty sure I recall, fairly recently, folks all but demanding more AD sinks.
    When you exploited resonators for months before making it public, controlled the AH, gifted your guildies with rank 10s...

... of course you want more sinks for your hundreds of millions of AD spread on 50 accounts.

It's good for you, because you can impose the rhythm of the PvP arms race, and few can keep up.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great.

Me, I want a Infinity Glove™ with all the proper Infinity Gems™ intact, plz.

/sarcasm
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really hope this isn't as dumb as it looks but then I remember who's making it. Artifact set bonus. Good Grief. Stronger when orange?
    edited October 2014
    Stronger when orange?

At the moment , and going by the tooltips in the collections page the three piece set bonus is the same from green thru to orange.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    just put in zen store an IWIN artifact or something and be done with it. I;ll say the same as i did when you;ve put artifacts in game: Is Bad! Maybe you'll gain something on the shortterm, but longterm is bad business!

The main attraction of this game was the ability to play various classes. Instead of building more pvp modes and make the game truly great you;ve gated everything with ****ty dailies and ever scaling equip.

I am already killing 5 in a row in GG with my current equip...
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are also Off-hands, checking my GWF weapon in preview I noticed a "Dragon Knot" under the description which will make a set bonus with the MH, the bonuses are: +250 ArPen and +250 Deflection.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are also Off-hands, checking my GWF weapon in preview I noticed a "Dragon Knot" under the description which will make a set bonus with the MH, the bonuses are: +250 ArPen and +250 Deflection.

I was actually waiting for those. That's a logical step to add, since we've lost the set bonuses when we've switched to artifact weapons, but OH should've been enough. Nobody asked for artifact everything or sets forcing you to have a certain kind of artifact, if you want the set bonus. But at least they thought this out a little better, since they added the ability to reroll the stats on the artifacts, so you won't end up with useless stats just to get the set bonus.

That said, this and the stat reroll is a huge AD sink, which would've been welcome when we could actually make some AD. Nowadays, with the CN market destroyed by mod 4 and LoL not being farmable, the AD income is much lower than it used to be, while we have a lot more tempting AD sinks.
    edited October 2014
    When you exploited resonators for months before making it public, controlled the AH, gifted your guildies with rank 10s...

... of course you want more sinks for your hundreds of millions of AD spread on 50 accounts.

It's good for you, because you can impose the rhythm of the PvP arms race, and few can keep up.

O.o seriously?! I don't even PVP, I'm so casual that Ive yet to even do MC or VT. I still have not even started a single ToD mission, or completed IWD on any character. None of my characters have a legendary anything. You are seriously barking up the wrong munkey here.

Im simply amazed at the short memories here. Deny it or not, it did happen. There was and still is a large movement to increase AD sinks. It only takes a tiny bit of Search-fu to find it all. I simply pointed it out, and perhaps refreshed a few addled memories.
    edited October 2014
    O.o seriously?! I don't even PVP, I'm so casual that Ive yet to even do MC or VT. I still have not even started a single ToD mission, or completed IWD on any character. None of my characters have a legendary anything. You are seriously barking up the wrong munkey here.

Im simply amazed at the short memories here. Deny it or not, it did happen. There was and still is a large movement to increase AD sinks. It only takes a tiny bit of Search-fu to find it all. I simply pointed it out, and perhaps refreshed a few addled memories.

Dunno why you get offended, I am not accusing you or anyone specifically.

What I have stated still remains a reality.
    edited October 2014
    You responded directly to one of my posts. You used you/your at least 6 times in a rather accusing way. You made no inference to it being a general retort. How else is anyone supposed to take an obvious rant that appears directed at them?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Great.

Me, I want a Infinity Glove™ with all the proper Infinity Gems™ intact, plz.

/sarcasm

Infinity Gauntlets only have a chance to drop when you solo the Tiamat HE...
    I believe the chance is roughly .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited October 2014
    You responded directly to one of my posts. You used you/your at least 6 times in a rather accusing way. You made no inference to it being a general retort. How else is anyone supposed to take an obvious rant that appears directed at them?

Sorry about that, it was not intentional, honestly.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If it's just one item that makes the set bonus with any of the ()&%^@&^$ RNG MHs, I can live with it, grudgingly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is one stop short of East Ham.

Deary me.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's dependend on the new set gear, but in most cases the set bonuses don't warant a switch from the artifacts I have now. Maybe it'll change, maybe not. But right now it looks that you don't have to adjust every char.

Maybe if you are already using the artis you should look into their sets. Probably one or two OP combos as always that will be nerfed later.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    this is just too much.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I hope they make the class artifacts be usable to refine other artifacts with 1x, because I'm definitely not going to spend more to level another ones.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I hope they make the class artifacts be usable to refine other artifacts with 1x, because I'm definitely not going to spend more to level another ones.

There is no way in the nine hells will allow he class artifacts to be refine fodder for other items. We an infinite supply of them. The only way would can happen is if they are one time chooses for each character. But I find that very unlikely. As more classes come into the game. Player may find any new class artifact to be a better choice for an old character.