test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More power creep to come - artifacts with a set bonus.

2»

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    There is no way in the nine hells will allow he class artifacts to be refine fodder for other items. We an infinite supply of them. The only way would can happen is if they are one time chooses for each character. But I find that very unlikely. As more classes come into the game. Player may find any new class artifact to be a better choice for an old character.

I said "with 1x".

This way, the only refinement points used would be those that we added with normal enchantments, refining stones, etc. Which is totally fair. If I used a Peridot on my DC artifact and now I want to use it to refine another Union artifact, the value will be 500.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Emblem's set bonus reminds me of certain pvp set that made a class OP in mod3 but even easier to proc. Just saying.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing a lot of the artifacts are going to be RNG-gated?

Also, this powercreep is getting ridiculous. How about introducing some challenging and equally rewarding PVE content first?
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing a lot of the artifacts are going to be RNG-gated?

Also, this powercreep is getting ridiculous. How about introducing some challenging and equally rewarding PVE content first?

u think ppl wod do challenging content just to get some utility items? nooooooooooooooo ppl wod do it for the reward that gives them more power and also for the fun but mostly they r in search for more power which means there is still more power creep but i honestly this artifact leads to more power creeping compared to boons now they r the real power creeps hope we dont get more in this mod
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Im pretty sure I recall, fairly recently, folks all but demanding more AD sinks.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?771461-Are-you-in-favor-of-Legendary-off-hands-accessories-and-armor
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yawulf wrote: »
    u think ppl wod do challenging content just to get some utility items? nooooooooooooooo ppl wod do it for the reward that gives them more power and also for the fun but mostly they r in search for more power which means there is still more power creep but i honestly this artifact leads to more power creeping compared to boons now they r the real power creeps hope we dont get more in this mod

A few new good pets
    Black opals
    A chance at dragon eggs
    Artifact belts
    new gear with different stats (esp rings and necks) as a filler.

There are many ways not to make updates about massive gear upgrades with little to no new content at all. Since Cryptic makes new content very slowly maybe they should make a break in terms of power creep to catch up with our current level of power to make content?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Artifact offhands seem to be confirmed too although it is only showing up on GWF artifact weapons atm ( I checked every other class except GF so theirs may be showing too , no GF on my preview account atm) , considering the offhand name I'd assume it is a piece of Artifact gear , the two piece bonus is the same for all three artifact weapons and it is the same from green quality up to orange .

RSpXuyA.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Artifact offhands seem to be confirmed too although it is only showing up on GWF artifact weapons atm ( I checked every other class except GF so theirs may be showing too , no GF on my preview account atm) , considering the offhand name I'd assume it is a piece of Artifact gear , the two piece bonus is the same for all three artifact weapons and it is the same from green quality up to orange .

RSpXuyA.jpg

can you show the offhand? pls ty
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be a bugger if the offhand weapon is the final item of Mod 5 Campaign :p
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And again, farm it like crazy with rng as ur enemy... I can understand hard content with sure reward, i would love it, 2h dung with elite mobs, and rewards of ur choice at the end, but... we will get rng again...

edited October 2014
    And again, farm it like crazy with rng as ur enemy... I can understand hard content with sure reward, i would love it, 2h dung with elite mobs, and rewards of ur choice at the end, but... we will get rng again...

RNG and/or zenstore.

Sadly, the glory days of farming rewarding dungeons in PVE are long gone
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More power creep ok, legendary everything ok, characters with 40k GS - no problem. BUT! What's the point? Gearing your character for what? For gearing your character? More power for the Power god. Is PvE content not easy enough? They don't provide more challenge, but they give us more power. So what the point? To please the whales? It could've worked in a PvP oriented game, where more power means more challenge 'cause your opponents become stronger, but Neverwinter is a PvE game™.

Characters become stronger for WHAT reason exactly, has anyone got the answer? Please?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can you show the offhand? pls ty

The new Artifact items themselves aren't viewable yet , they will probably be added when the module five content is added to preview.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    O.o seriously?! I don't even PVP, I'm so casual that Ive yet to even do MC or VT. I still have not even started a single ToD mission, or completed IWD on any character. None of my characters have a legendary anything. You are seriously barking up the wrong munkey here.

Im simply amazed at the short memories here. Deny it or not, it did happen. There was and still is a large movement to increase AD sinks. It only takes a tiny bit of Search-fu to find it all. I simply pointed it out, and perhaps refreshed a few addled memories.

Indeed you are right. The did ask for it XD. My memory is very clear on this one. And god knows they got it lmfao....wait im suffering to.....F*** >.<
    edited October 2014
    Indeed you are right. The did ask for it XD. My memory is very clear on this one. And god knows they got it lmfao....wait im suffering to.....F*** >.<

Nope. I think your memory did not serve you right or you are selectively bringing up quotes from a few players in your mind.

I made a recent thread that garnered around 140 votes and the majority specifically voted against new artifact equipment.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?771461-Are-you-in-favor-of-Legendary-off-hands-accessories-and-armor

Care to provide a link with a better sample than I did to disprove this?
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. I think your memory did not serve you right or you are selectively bringing up quotes from a few players in your mind.

I made a recent thread that garnered around 140 votes and the majority specifically voted against new artifact equipment.

Care to provide a link with a better sample than I did to disprove this?

It does server me as I say it has and I think you are the only one whom saying they do not recall yet 2 people remember about people asking for an AD sink. Perhaps it would do you better to go look yourself. Sorry but this has come up more than once even XD. Not sure how often your on are have been around but that's very old news.....They may not want it now because the market for ad making for most is fairly dry. Well for those who don't know what the big AD bringers are.

As for the artifact equipment that was not the point. I'm happy that you started a voting for it. However I think its rather pointless because in this game gear is progression. And the hardcore will seek better gear regardless of content. Whereas you may get 300 people to say no. I am certain the devs are getting even more people saying "give us more". (its money to be made for the game and people are willing to spend it.) The current situation is proof enough of that. Oh by the way below is a link for AD sink asking lol

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?682431-New-AD-sinks
    edited October 2014
    It does server me as I say it has and I think you are the only one whom saying they do not recall yet 2 people remember about people asking for an AD sink. Perhaps it would do you better to go look yourself. Sorry but this has come up more than once even XD. Not sure how often your on are have been around but that's very old news.....They may not want it now because the market for ad making for most is fairly dry. Well for those who don't know what the big AD bringers are.

As for the artifact equipment that was not the point. I'm happy that you started a voting for it. However I think its rather pointless because in this game gear is progression. And the hardcore will seek better gear regardless of content. Whereas you may get 300 people to say no. I am certain the devs are getting even more people saying "give us more". (its money to be made for the game and people are willing to spend it.) The current situation is proof enough of that. Oh by the way below is a link for AD sink asking lol

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?682431-New-AD-sinks

You bring up a thread from june 2014? I just brought up a thread from last week with 140 votes. I think your sample size of "2 people" doesn't exactly match up to how many people voted on the poll.