Options

Change is Coming

13»

Comments

• Options
    dtpokedtpoke Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    I read your post and what I get from it is "If you want to be a good TR, you need to understand that it's gear based and you need 22k+ gear score and 12k power like me. If you perma, you're a disgrace".

Well mate, sorry to say, some of us have lives and some of us don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on this game to get super-high-end 22k gear, the fact you outdamage others doesn't mean you're a good player, it just means you spent more time or more money than others and this resulted in better gear, all you do in your post is talk about your inflated stats, you don't mention your powers, your rotation, or any other "skill based" strategy that you use to make your TR good.

Maybe one day you could get off your mountain and see that with equal gear, non perma TRs are at a major disadvantage when PvPing against GFs HRs and CWs, and in PvE I want to see you outdamage SW with equal gear in a dungeon (I have never seen a 20k+ SW personally), And in ads-heavy dungeons (which are most), like T2 or CN or whatever, I've yet to see any TR that outdamaged a SKILLED CW with equal gear... Hope you prove me wrong...

Alright, I get your point, sorry i might've gotten a lil carried away but I really do love my TR. See it's not like i haven't been there, yes a TR doesn't get picked for dungeon runs unless you shout out an incredible high/inflated gear score, however as for this issue you can always start your own runs or get in a guild to do dungeons with you.
    Either way, like said I havent always been an elite TR, however i got picked by a what you would call "elitist pig" guild even when I was only 15k bc i would do things other TR's apparently couldn't. All I'm saying is the TR has very delicate build options, meaning wrong one skill might mess the whole thing up and its hard to find the best one matching your playstyle.
    Now I don't want to post up a whole guide bc finding the "right" build for yourself is part of the game, all I'm saying is it's quite possible to be useful even as a TR; and im not talking about dungeons like PK, where i would without a doubt get out-dpsed by a CW due to the sheer mass of mobs and the TR's lack of AoE skills. But since we have the highest single target dps, we're especially useful in eLol for example or any of the endgame dungeons. I get your point that it's not hard for someone past 20k+ to beat a ~15k gs of any class but im usually only running with at least 18k+ gs guys and I've even seen 20k+ SW's - also as i stated - i can't for the hell of it do more damage than that class. But I have no problem keeping up with gwf, hr and cw - as said - depending on the scenario i can do more dmg, but even if not I'll usually just be a couple 100k dmg behind, not millions.

As for the other point you made - I merely play for fun too and I havent spent a single dime on it either... and well yea even though ppl tend to say gs is overrated, in the end a better gear usually gives you higher gs as well as makes your character stronger in general; although I agree sometimes the "better" build/gear leaves you with a lower gs. Coming to my last point - skill is important as you've said yourself, not just gs. I hate to repeat myself but I'm not going to post a guide here, however I've posted certain stats which I've deemed important enough to make a difference; more important than one might think. Now it's not like you should reach any exact number of any stat, just think of it more like a guideline if you're inclined to try new things for your TR that is.
    As for powers I've always used these (master infiltrator): impossible to catch, deft strike, lashing blade // whirlwind of blades, shocking execution // skillful infiltrator, invisible infiltrator ... as said on my previous post STR and CHA are very important stats, executioner build + underhanded tactics

Lastly, this also works quite well for me in PVP (obviously not as decent but I guess you could always use some IWD gear), I do use my stealth, but perma is kind of an annoyance, even as a TR myself I hate that particular build. Just my opinion :P
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But we don't have the highest single target DPS. We don't have the highest single target attacks and we definitely don't do the highest damage in a given time on a single target. That being said, now sometimes we can end up that way but with equal skill and gear we will fall short.

Additionally, CHA is bugged and even though it could be important it isn't at the moment. I know underhanded tactics was the same way at one time with it being bugged, it was reportedly fixed but people tested after and said it was still bugged (I haven't).

In your case you would do much more damage to shed 2k in power and trade it for 2k in crit (Assuming you have 125% crit sev or more) and this is just from the extensive testing and charting done by another with a link around the boards somewhere illustrating the power to crit ROI based on crit sev and such.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dtpoke wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of scared by the upcoming changes in Mod5. Leave the TR as it is, it works perfectly fine it's just a gear heavy class meaning you need top gear as well as a good build (it's easy to mess that one up - executioner build with underhanded tactics and disciple of strength).
    Also you can't be good in both PVP and PVE, i have one of those "rare" PVE TR builds but so far I can only be out-dpsed by SW's and some top build HR's (talking 20k+ gs; mind you I'm at 22k+ myself) However I know there are many better PVP TR's even though I managed to finish the PVP campaign 100%, but I've never been beaten by a TR in PVE.

The main damage for a TR comes from Combat Advantage Bonus as well as the STR and CHA ability scores. (mine would be 21STR, 22DEX, 23CHA, 12CON, 12INT, 10WIS). Also Crit is way too overrated, i have 12k power and a little over 2k crit which still leaves me with a 45% crit chance however i gain a 70% damage bonus from power.

The only change i'd really like to see is to remove those perma stealth rogues, they're a disgrace to their own class; doing absolutely no damage, sitting on nodes in PVP and ranting how useless the TR is.

If you think the TR is useless then you're doing something wrong - just my 2 cents. (and yes the TR is the only class I've ever played for the last 8 months, it's simply fun to play it; imho the other classes playstyle/gameplay is a bit boring compared to the TRs', except for the CW maybe)

TL;DR - The TR is powerful as it is, I'm scared about upcoming changes bc even IF it will get buffed it will actually make the game even more unbalanced. Remove perma stealth and let the rest be.

Yeah, er. The vast, vast majority of TRs are not 22k, or even 20k.

I'm at 16.1k in Rank 7s with purple artis with a Perfect Vorpal, and I can assure you, the class is in desperate need of buffs. And even *my* perspective is distorted since let's face it, casuals are gonna be more like 12-14k and probably running around with summoned companions rather than augment companions.

If the class is only good with Rank 10s and Legendary Artifacts, that doesn't mean it's 'gear dependent', that means that in its current state it's underpowered and, as much as I hate to say this since TR has been my main since day 1 of open beta, kind of bad.

Not that I have much faith they'll actually do anything useful. I've been here since Closed Beta, and well... *sigh*
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm actually kind of scared by the upcoming changes in Mod5. Leave the TR as it is, it works perfectly fine it's just a gear heavy class meaning you need top gear as well as a good build (it's easy to mess that one up - executioner build with underhanded tactics and disciple of strength).
    Also you can't be good in both PVP and PVE, i have one of those "rare" PVE TR builds but so far I can only be out-dpsed by SW's and some top build HR's (talking 20k+ gs; mind you I'm at 22k+ myself) However I know there are many better PVP TR's even though I managed to finish the PVP campaign 100%, but I've never been beaten by a TR in PVE.

The main damage for a TR comes from Combat Advantage Bonus as well as the STR and CHA ability scores. (mine would be 21STR, 22DEX, 23CHA, 12CON, 12INT, 10WIS). Also Crit is way too overrated, i have 12k power and a little over 2k crit which still leaves me with a 45% crit chance however i gain a 70% damage bonus from power.

The only change i'd really like to see is to remove those perma stealth rogues, they're a disgrace to their own class; doing absolutely no damage, sitting on nodes in PVP and ranting how useless the TR is.

If you think the TR is useless then you're doing something wrong - just my 2 cents. (and yes the TR is the only class I've ever played for the last 8 months, it's simply fun to play it; imho the other classes playstyle/gameplay is a bit boring compared to the TRs', except for the CW maybe)

TL;DR - The TR is powerful as it is, I'm scared about upcoming changes bc even IF it will get buffed it will actually make the game even more unbalanced. Remove perma stealth and let the rest be.

tr with highest stat being broken char says hes the best pve tr lol
    u have 0 knolege how tr works when u mess up such basics
    stacking defflect on pve tr lol
    just shoes how broken the class is
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How can someone play a rogue and yet think it doesn't need some help in terms of damage... really? I find it hard to believe.

Also you feel that most damage comes from combat advantage? Again really? Am lucky enough to have reached 20k gear score and without spending any money on the game, and I struggle to get this advantage. Anytime there is one target like bosses I get the agro and can't shift it and I've run with well geared CW/SW/GWFs. I've got high crit and am now stacking power past 8k and whilst I can hold my own for damage, I still feel too weak single-target compared to other classes. And yes am PVE-DPS built and not perma or anything like that.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The bulk of our damage comes from DF bleeds, which is why we only do good damage on bosses. Everything else dies before the DoT really builds up. Before Mod4, I think we still had the edge there, but now I'm not so sure.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bit off topic but wanted to add somewhere so I figured here is fine. I just did an epic LoL with my weaker TR (16k and only 7's/8's with non legendary weapon/arti/belt). Group was a dc/gf/gwf/sw (very skilled, nice person, 18k, max gear (10's/legendary)). Engaged the first mob and I noticed the SW sprint past to the rest, ignoring the fist. Before the first golem was dead I checked the damage to see what was what and noticed something interesting, I was second with something like 300k range, SW was first with 3.3 million. After killing the first golem I headed to help the SW but before I could get halfway there we got the text that the door was open. Now I don't know if the fix to TT went through or it ended up being a buff instead but there is no gear in the game to overcome that deficit and this is one of the more favorable dungeons for a TR as it is not unusual at all for TR to place at the top. Anyways end result was me in second with 4 mil, SW was first with 13 mil and the SW had more than 50% more damage on the dragon than I did.

The take away from this? I don't know, it isn't gear or skill and to buff TR up to compete with that would be game breaking so I suspect the SW needs more adjustments but I don't have one of them yet so I cannot expand on that concept.
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Alright, I get your point, sorry i might've gotten a lil carried away but I really do love my TR. See it's not like i haven't been there, yes a TR doesn't get picked for dungeon runs unless you shout out an incredible high/inflated gear score, however as for this issue you can always start your own runs or get in a guild to do dungeons with you.
    Either way, like said I havent always been an elite TR, however i got picked by a what you would call "elitist pig" guild even when I was only 15k bc i would do things other TR's apparently couldn't. All I'm saying is the TR has very delicate build options, meaning wrong one skill might mess the whole thing up and its hard to find the best one matching your playstyle.
    Now I don't want to post up a whole guide bc finding the "right" build for yourself is part of the game, all I'm saying is it's quite possible to be useful even as a TR; and im not talking about dungeons like PK, where i would without a doubt get out-dpsed by a CW due to the sheer mass of mobs and the TR's lack of AoE skills. But since we have the highest single target dps, we're especially useful in eLol for example or any of the endgame dungeons. I get your point that it's not hard for someone past 20k+ to beat a ~15k gs of any class but im usually only running with at least 18k+ gs guys and I've even seen 20k+ SW's - also as i stated - i can't for the hell of it do more damage than that class. But I have no problem keeping up with gwf, hr and cw - as said - depending on the scenario i can do more dmg, but even if not I'll usually just be a couple 100k dmg behind, not millions.

As for the other point you made - I merely play for fun too and I havent spent a single dime on it either... and well yea even though ppl tend to say gs is overrated, in the end a better gear usually gives you higher gs as well as makes your character stronger in general; although I agree sometimes the "better" build/gear leaves you with a lower gs. Coming to my last point - skill is important as you've said yourself, not just gs. I hate to repeat myself but I'm not going to post a guide here, however I've posted certain stats which I've deemed important enough to make a difference; more important than one might think. Now it's not like you should reach any exact number of any stat, just think of it more like a guideline if you're inclined to try new things for your TR that is.
    As for powers I've always used these (master infiltrator): impossible to catch, deft strike, lashing blade // whirlwind of blades, shocking execution // skillful infiltrator, invisible infiltrator ... as said on my previous post STR and CHA are very important stats, executioner build + underhanded tactics

Lastly, this also works quite well for me in PVP (obviously not as decent but I guess you could always use some IWD gear), I do use my stealth, but perma is kind of an annoyance, even as a TR myself I hate that particular build. Just my opinion :P
    First I'd like to say you sound like a nice guy, when I read your first post I thought "Look at this high gear guy who think he's the best player ever". The reply was better...

Anyway, I'm low geared (14k, normal enchants) and still play a combat TR because the perma style bores me, but I can understand why people do choose to play it. Combat TR is only useful when you vastly outgear your opponent. Because with equal gear, if your inital burst isn't enough to kill the target (And that's usually the case), and you're left without your stealth, all you have left are a few seconds of impossible to catch and then you're dead. Combat TRs really have no combos, there's very little synergy between attacks, There's only one useful at-will but it has just 8 stacks, the rest of the at-wills are terrible at hitting moving targets. Again, it's either kill with your inital burst or die when your ITC ends. This style of play is also very gear dependent

Now permas, they're a different story. When you perma your problem of "If I leave stealth I'm dead" doesn't exist, because you're always stealthy. You can beat players with better gear, it just takes you some time. It's also pretty straightforward, you have two powers for keeping stealth on and another power that is up to you but most choose ITC or PoTB. Duelist Flurry is also useful for this style. As a perma-TR, you really have a chance of killing all the classes, while from my experience as a combat TR I can say I get toasted by HRs (ITC is uselss against them), don't bother at all with GFs, usually burst enough damage to kill a SW, about 50-50 against a CW (he has the big advantage of mobility), and can beat a GWF it I kite him the whole map. With a perma, it's just about how well you can keep your stealth on, and it's no longer about whether you CAN beat a class, but rather HOW LONG it takes you to beat a class...
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And.... it's been posted before but since this is the official thread for it I figured I would post it here too
    https://twitter.com/CrypticGMC/status/519546428490645504

Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC
    It sounds like there is a possibility of Rogue and Cleric changes hitting Preview this Friday! Keep your ears open!

THIS FRIDAY
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    And.... it's been posted before but since this is the official thread for it I figured I would post it here too
    https://twitter.com/CrypticGMC/status/519546428490645504

Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC
    It sounds like there is a possibility of Rogue and Cleric changes hitting Preview this Friday! Keep your ears open!

THIS FRIDAY

Wow awesome! Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    When looking at the leaderboard on page 1 I see all classes present besides clerics. I dont understand why there is always so much QQ about TRs being 'weak'.

Cleric player here, hopped over to the TR forum as it looks like the two classes are going to be "adjusted" at the same time.

Clerics on Leaderboard? lol

Anyway, we wait and see what's coming......
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The waiting feels ridiculously long. God, I hope they at least announce them on wednesday, even if the patch comes on friday.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    still its just on preview
    in same time there are so little trs left in the game i know them by name all of them even the pgs.
    i see one every few days in pvp and get to fight one every 2 weeks.
    before it was almost every day.

its like the song:
    were have all the trs gone
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    Clerics on Leaderboard? lol

That would be funny.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    tr with highest stat being broken char says hes the best pve tr lol
    u have 0 knolege how tr works when u mess up such basics
    stacking defflect on pve tr lol
    just shoes how broken the class is

Dude, deflect is what can save a TR from instant death, since a successful deflect reduces incoming damage by 75% (highest base of ANY class - some classes are at 50%)!! And the TR has the best potential for a good deflect percentage as well.

No, deflect isn't everything, but it can be VERY helpful to survivability, in PvE or PvP.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Dude, deflect is what can save a TR from instant death, since a successful deflect reduces incoming damage by 75% (highest base of ANY class - some classes are at 50%)!! And the TR has the best potential for a good deflect percentage as well.

No, deflect isn't everything, but it can be VERY helpful to survivability, in PvE or PvP.

^Precisely. I find that, with the exception of combat HRs, everyone seems to discount deflection. It's a valuable stat.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

you are just another tr hater that always post useles stats lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ikapamk wrote: »
    ^Precisely. I find that, with the exception of combat HRs, everyone seems to discount deflection. It's a valuable stat.

for pvp
    no top tr ever used deflect since regeneration became popular.
    but u can run around getting killed without hp,stealth coz those are the things u need to sacrifice to get few more deflect .

and for pve deflect loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I have under 30k hit points and 40% deflection. For my gear, I do pretty freaking well. I'll likely tweak that at some point but probably not until I max out because if I do this well now......build should hold up. Still nothing matters until we know the changes

i know u do very good (with your gear play style) and its fun to play against such tr.
    but if u changed that 15% deflect for hp maybe u would like it even more.
    i know for myself i would not touch anything but glyph build right now coz it just aint worth to play tr
    with so little burst and so little survival.
    it took me only one 1v1 against solembum to find that out .we did exact same thing i was dead in 2 rotation coz df with glyph past thru my itc like nothing -so if it passes thru itc does it pass thru deflect ?SURE it does ,and who runs glyphs these days?EVERYONE.

if i give advice i give nothing but the best atm i hope people would listen more coz most trs dont have a clue how to play.
    deflect is not good now in pvp coz glyph pass thru it like nothing and saying deflect is good in pve is outrageous lol.
  • Options
    nimblegoatnimblegoat Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    in pve i used to like deflect, but with decent lifesteal, some regen, some defense, and basic dodging skill, deflect is unnecessary.

in pvp i'd love deflect to be more useful, at 40% myself too. but glyphs and hrs eat me up fast.
  • Options
    nimblegoatnimblegoat Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    So I switched to Impact Shot. With a tight rotation and high AP gain it changes everything. A lot of people make fun of the power but with the right build, it's magic. Too many TRs do not use it right.

My build in inspired by Rustlord's with a few modifications. Mostly due to the fact that Syndul is not as geared-up as Rustlord's Brandon. With this build I've been as high as pg 11 and as low as 56. I finally got some reasonable match-ups again so I'm back in the 30's I believe. Not a bad showing.

interesting, i've played with IS a little, but get upset when i cant 2-shot CWs :) will try it some more though. do you IS from stealth? i'm in that build neighborhood too, and rank neighborhood. i like the idea of combat rogue clearing mid, but it seems to play best for PUGs - a visible TR in higher end matches is so often a dead tr. but it's fun to play.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The huge issue causing TRs to suck so bad is the limited amount of dodges they get. Supposably the most agile, but you get 2 dodges then you die unless you jump the perma bandwagon of lameness.

Then if you're whisper, you don't get 15% movement so ANYONE can elude you.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to use the glyph based builds too, but was holding out because of the up coming changes. It would be a bummer If I spec now and the mechanics of class changes :(
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o