Install Arc
Options

Change is Coming

Comments

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    balufunke wrote: »
    O.K the TR might need some changes but please don´t create another boring AOE class.
    I know most of the time there are AOE fights but that´s why the TR is so unique and fun to play because of his single target abilities in combination with all the in and out strategies.

With no disrespect intended, I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

I mean, just what about our single-target abilities, seem "unique" and "fun" to you?

* Does the power have any unique and special utilities?
    * Does it have any tactical use like CCs?
    * Is it at least hilarious or action-packed?
    * Is it at least cool to use?
    * Is it even simply enough damage?

To above 5 questions, almost every power the TR has currently, IMO, I'd answer 'NO'. The single power I had absolutely the most fun with, was a paragon encounter that sucked more than the weakest of normal encounters, but at least made the fights really fun until they killed it.

Now,all we've got is.. what.. some direct damage attacks that don't do much damage, some debuffing powers that don't debuff a whole lot at all, some CC powers that can't CC for more than a second, and some movement type powers that don't offer any dodge frames or movement qualities.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    lizea60lizea60 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    With no disrespect intended, I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

I mean, just what about our single-target abilities, seem "unique" and "fun" to you?

* Does the power have any unique and special utilities?
    * Does it have any tactical use like CCs?
    * Is it at least hilarious or action-packed?
    * Is it at least cool to use?
    * Is it even simply enough damage?

To above 5 questions, almost every power the TR has currently, IMO, I'd answer 'NO'. The single power I had absolutely the most fun with, was a paragon encounter that sucked more than the weakest of normal encounters, but at least made the fights really fun until they killed it.

Now,all we've got is.. what.. some direct damage attacks that don't do much damage, some debuffing powers that don't debuff a whole lot at all, some CC powers that can't CC for more than a second, and some movement type powers that don't offer any dodge frames or movement qualities.

I m totaly agree with u
  • Options
    unsungchampionunsungchampion Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    whats it up to u
    u play legit channel and have np what so ever
    tr is support class we dont need another cw,gwf,sw in the group just a bit help on the side

I am sorry, it my be to early...did you just say TR are SUPPORT? -facedecks- TR are SUPPOSE to be about high-single target damage with very low defense...not support...just stop stop talking, you make my brain hurt.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am sorry, it my be to early...did you just say TR are SUPPORT? -facedecks- TR are SUPPOSE to be about high-single target damage with very low defense...not support...just stop stop talking, you make my brain hurt.

This guy obviously has limited information about D&D . . . Makes my brain hurt, too! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    This guy obviously has limited information about D&D . . . Makes my brain hurt, too! :)

Actually, he was speaking in opposite, cynicism.

But don't worry, you guys aren't the only people having trouble in understanding what he says.
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a simple suggestion since we talked about DnD

what if lashing from stealth never critted BUT with NO animation, NO sound AND NO losing stealth?

You are defending a cap with a friend and *boom* he dies. will u notice ? will u not?

And what if LB critted 100% outa stealth?
    so when u see a tr out of stealth ... will u go for the kill of the puny add? will u not??

is it within the 'substance' of what a tr is? or not? <---- that is cynicism since i play DnD for almost 11 years now
  • Options
    guidogoombaguidogoomba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what the devs are planning for TRs, I might be too optimistic, but I think good things will come to us.
    What I want is for the TR to be a FUN class to play.

I agree with you Reiwulf. The TR is a fun class to play in PvP, but maybe not as much in PvE. I am hopeful the Devs will do the class right. Looking forward to it!
    16K Whisperknife TR - Sangre
    16K Master Infiltrator TR - Shadowshiv
    15K Iron Vanguard Sentinel GWF - Viktor Kurgan
    13K Control Wizard - Selene

See you all on the battlegrounds! :cool:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Concur. As a team, we all support each other. TR's play an integral role in Domination PvP for sure.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Weren't they supposed to announced these changes about now? Hasn't it been 20 days?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Good luck to all you rogues and clerics, I hope you get the changes you wanted :)

Excellent! Thank you! I hope the changes are what we need too. :)

• Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC
    Rogue Teaser! The 3 Trees will now focus on slipping in and out of stealth, disrupting foes with CC, and dealing spike damage. #roguesunite

https://twitter.com/CrypticGMC/status/517101982549409792
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC
    Rogue Teaser! The 3 Trees will now focus on slipping in and out of stealth, disrupting foes with CC, and dealing spike damage. #roguesunite

*heavy breathing*
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kweassa eat your hearth out
    spike dmg here we come
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    great, it's what we wanted, 1 tree for stealth, 1 tree for CC and one tree for damage :D
    great news so far!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will be going cc for one of my TR and spike for the other. I am hoping that all three do more damage than an exe does now, with the focused extra along the paths.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From those choices I like the CC one too, let's see how it works out :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wait till you actually see them folks. Oppressor isn't very good anymore, and renegade sucks, so who knows with this stuff.
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SOunds very good

and if it improves DPS with spike damage...... *drools*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC

Fingers crossed!

Sounds like:
      "slipping in and out of stealth" = equivalent of old Saboteuer
      "disrupting foes with CC" = equivalent of old Scoundrel
      "dealing spike damage" = equivalent of old Executioner

...we'd have to see what actually comes, but from what we see here, the developers are definately listening to our suggestions.

Very exciting news indeed -- thanks for sharing!!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Wait till you actually see them folks. Oppressor isn't very good anymore, and renegade sucks, so who knows with this stuff.

Apparently they're also gonna buff up Renegade (and Trapper and Instigator) so there is some recognition of stuff that's not performing like they'd hoped.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I'm multiple personality-disordered with the devs. I get all pissed off and then I try to keep an even mind the next minute and understand what the hell they are up against.

Bottom line is they need to listen to our feedback to nip the silly stuff in the bud before it goes live.

Have some faith, friend mor.

Its not too late to cast eggs and tomatoes after we actually find out the 'changes' weren't much.

So until then, let's keep our hopes up :D
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I hope they bring 1-shot rogue back !!!!
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Chris Meyer
    @CrypticGMC

<Squirms with nervously gleeful anticipation>

Scoundrel tree will be back in business! Thanks, GMC
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    dtpokedtpoke Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm actually kind of scared by the upcoming changes in Mod5. Leave the TR as it is, it works perfectly fine it's just a gear heavy class meaning you need top gear as well as a good build (it's easy to mess that one up - executioner build with underhanded tactics and disciple of strength).
    Also you can't be good in both PVP and PVE, i have one of those "rare" PVE TR builds but so far I can only be out-dpsed by SW's and some top build HR's (talking 20k+ gs; mind you I'm at 22k+ myself) However I know there are many better PVP TR's even though I managed to finish the PVP campaign 100%, but I've never been beaten by a TR in PVE.

The main damage for a TR comes from Combat Advantage Bonus as well as the STR and CHA ability scores. (mine would be 21STR, 22DEX, 23CHA, 12CON, 12INT, 10WIS). Also Crit is way too overrated, i have 12k power and a little over 2k crit which still leaves me with a 45% crit chance however i gain a 70% damage bonus from power.

The only change i'd really like to see is to remove those perma stealth rogues, they're a disgrace to their own class; doing absolutely no damage, sitting on nodes in PVP and ranting how useless the TR is.

If you think the TR is useless then you're doing something wrong - just my 2 cents. (and yes the TR is the only class I've ever played for the last 8 months, it's simply fun to play it; imho the other classes playstyle/gameplay is a bit boring compared to the TRs', except for the CW maybe)

TL;DR - The TR is powerful as it is, I'm scared about upcoming changes bc even IF it will get buffed it will actually make the game even more unbalanced. Remove perma stealth and let the rest be.
  • Options
    zookzikszookziks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dtpoke wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of scared by the upcoming changes in Mod5. Leave the TR as it is, it works perfectly fine it's just a gear heavy class meaning you need top gear as well as a good build (it's easy to mess that one up - executioner build with underhanded tactics and disciple of strength).
    Also you can't be good in both PVP and PVE, i have one of those "rare" PVE TR builds but so far I can only be out-dpsed by SW's and some top build HR's (talking 20k+ gs; mind you I'm at 22k+ myself) However I know there are many better PVP TR's even though I managed to finish the PVP campaign 100%, but I've never been beaten by a TR in PVE.

The main damage for a TR comes from Combat Advantage Bonus as well as the STR and CHA ability scores. (mine would be 21STR, 22DEX, 23CHA, 12CON, 12INT, 10WIS). Also Crit is way too overrated, i have 12k power and a little over 2k crit which still leaves me with a 45% crit chance however i gain a 70% damage bonus from power.

The only change i'd really like to see is to remove those perma stealth rogues, they're a disgrace to their own class; doing absolutely no damage, sitting on nodes in PVP and ranting how useless the TR is.

If you think the TR is useless then you're doing something wrong - just my 2 cents. (and yes the TR is the only class I've ever played for the last 8 months, it's simply fun to play it; imho the other classes playstyle/gameplay is a bit boring compared to the TRs', except for the CW maybe)

TL;DR - The TR is powerful as it is, I'm scared about upcoming changes bc even IF it will get buffed it will actually make the game even more unbalanced. Remove perma stealth and let the rest be.

I agree that the TR is on of the more fun classes I have played, however I think you have been top tier too long to judge lower/mid gear TRs for using perma stealth. Fact is when you start off and only have a grim set for pvp you are still a two shot kill target for most other classes. If you perma stealth you can contest an enemies back point and if you are annoying enough you can even stealth troll 2-5 people back there while your team caps and holds the other two points. Granted the second you make a mistake or you are unable to maintain stealth (which will happen sooner or later) if you don't leave the area you are going to be dead before you know what happend, but such is life. Every class has a role to play in pvp, and while higher GS TRs are lethal, at lower levels you are best left with harassment and capping/contesting the back point. Removing perma stealth and fixing nothing else would end PVP for a TR unless they could start at 16 or 17k GS in full black ice gear.

That being said I do wish there was another option for me as a lower GS PvP TR. The main issue that I have been seeing is that the TR is a melee based glass cannon that has no ability to really CC another play in combat to take advantage of his melee strengths. Before you shout "but you can daze!" I'll go ahead and say that a daze will only save your skin so much and isn't much help for a 1v1 fight if your foe knows that all he needs to do to avoid the majority of your attacks is to walk away from you. Long lasting stealth is quite literally the only thing keeping TRs viable in pvp matches unless you are at the top tier gear wise.

Before lighting me on fire I want you to know that this is the point of view of a fairly newly created TR that is still at 12.5k GS. I also want to remind any would be flamers that when I say TRs have to stealth to avoid dying I am not talking about a 15k TR fighting a 7K enemy. I'm talking about even and fair fights gear an skill wise.

Everyone has a role in pve and pvp. the TRs role in pve is single target shredder with some CC tossed in for flare. you also make a pretty good reviver with smoke bombs and or stealth to cover you. In pvp you better be sitting on the enemies point as much as possible in the hopes that you can keep it capped or contested most of the match. taking away perma stealth won't change anything in pve but it will destroy the main role of the pvp TR.

Just my two cents.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited October 2014

From PVP without perma build, you are getting rocked against any opponent that is geared with half a brain. Most TR play perma only out of necessity. Getting rid of it without buffs, you might as well ban them from pvp.

For PVE, I find it hard to believe you are not being out damaged by cws as well. TRs are ok in PVE when you don't compare them to any other class. Once you do, well we all know how many LFG requests ask for a TR :p.

TR is a fun class to play which is why most of us are still around but the buffs are much needed. Not to mention making the other two paths desirable. I am looking forward to trying out some of the new changes and hopefully capstones that are not useless.

BTW your pve TR does sound like a beast, 12k power must do some brutal lashing blades
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    From PVP without perma build, you are getting rocked against any opponent that is geared with half a brain. Most TR play perma only out of necessity. Getting rid of it without buffs, you might as well ban them from pvp.

For PVE, I find it hard to believe you are not being out damaged by cws as well. TRs are ok in PVE when you don't compare them to any other class. Once you do, well we all know how many LFG requests ask for a TR :p.

TR is a fun class to play which is why most of us are still around but the buffs are much needed. Not to mention making the other two paths desirable. I am looking forward to trying out some of the new changes and hopefully capstones that are not useless.

BTW your pve TR does sound like a beast, 12k power must do some brutal lashing blades

Forget about banning us from PvP. That would nearly eliminate the TR from the game, period. We aren't called upon for PvE/Dungeon Delves because we are single target, and have little, if no CC. I have played many characters in this game, and the TR the longest because it has been the most fun. Those who want to kill stealth should also want to kill the GWF unstoppable, the ability to switch between melee/ranged abilities of HR's, the additional encounter for CW's (on TAB), kill Divinity for DC's, and whatever for the SW's. You get the gist.

People can't hack the perma-stealth rogue because it is too hard for others to beat them. Those I PvP against hate perma-stealth TR's, except when they are on their team helping them win.

The TR is a great class. It really needs to have more "trickster" in it; not just stealth. Otherwise, it really is the most fun class to play.

• Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

I read your post and what I get from it is "If you want to be a good TR, you need to understand that it's gear based and you need 22k+ gear score and 12k power like me. If you perma, you're a disgrace".

Well mate, sorry to say, some of us have lives and some of us don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on this game to get super-high-end 22k gear, the fact you outdamage others doesn't mean you're a good player, it just means you spent more time or more money than others and this resulted in better gear, all you do in your post is talk about your inflated stats, you don't mention your powers, your rotation, or any other "skill based" strategy that you use to make your TR good.

Maybe one day you could get off your mountain and see that with equal gear, non perma TRs are at a major disadvantage when PvPing against GFs HRs and CWs, and in PvE I want to see you outdamage SW with equal gear in a dungeon (I have never seen a 20k+ SW personally), And in ads-heavy dungeons (which are most), like T2 or CN or whatever, I've yet to see any TR that outdamaged a SKILLED CW with equal gear... Hope you prove me wrong...