Install Arc
Options

Artifact weapon - how many tries?

2»

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ignoring people who give up or never try, by my calculations the expected long-term distribution is:
    1st: 33.3%
    2nd: 22.2%
    3rd: 14.8%
    4th: 9.9%
    5th: 6.6%
    6th to 9th: 10.6%
    10th or more: 2.6%
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got the weapon for my GWF on the 2nd try. On my HR the RNG Gods smiled and gave it to me on my first attempt.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got the artifact weapon for my second character (SW) over the weekend. I bought the gem of the AH (124k AD) since I've only ever had one drop and rolled the Hubrus. Technically it wasn't the one I wanted as it didn't match either of my at-wills (HoB, HR) but considering the next module has a new paragon path for the SW I'm open to a respec. I've also read a number of positive comments about the Hubrus, so I've decided to keep it instead of going through the hassle of trying to get the HoB artifact. We'll see what the next paragon path offers and reassess after that.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My HR took 1 try, but I was after 2/3 of them not because I really wanted them, but to lessen the chance I would get the 1 I didnt want and wouldnt be so disappointed.

My GWF, 1 try so far got the Reaping Strike one qqqqqqqqqqqqq.

I have 3 gems left after farming SoT for days (have not seen belt or book drop). Im afraid to even try another time on my HR and GWF, may just keep these gems for TR when hes ready and maybe SW.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sly Flourish two times in a row. Not impressed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow, either 45% of the ppl voting is really lucky, or they are just trolling the rest of us.

Just my opinion- and it is a guess, really- but I think that probably a lot of people don't really know which one they want and are not entirely sure they want any of them. So whatever one they got is good to go.

That's sort of how I answered. SW is the first (and so far only) one I got. I know I am going to respec. Just waiting for them to go ahead and nerf/break whatever they are going to do, so I can just do it the once, at least till next nerf break. We all know it is coming, because people are whining (as usual.) So I don't yet know what I am going to end up doing, but Hubris works for now.

Gotta say, I am not sure I will be around long enough to ever see this reach legendary. Epic seems far away enough.. I'm kinda old, and have lived kinda hard, so who knows if I will even LIVE that long. So it was a no brainer to grab one on this character. (This is more about the crappy refinement points value of everything except the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the zen store, which I am not buying, will never buy, because since they pulled the coal hat trick, I feel like they are trying to force me... when I was pouring in the cash willingly up to that point.)

I am not in such a rush to toss aside my Ancients on my other characters, though. I am not sure this is better since I may never be able to upgrade it. I'm not sure I am going to bother trying to get them.. although for now, I am chugging along doing the daily waste of time.

So yeah, anyway.. I digress.. severely.

<TLDR> I think people are not being so picky, for a multitude of reasons. I guess that is all I was trying to say.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I would actually guess the same as Sprawlfx, that a portion of respondents didn't really care too much what they got, or as someone mentioned earlier, that they'd have been satisfied with 2 out of the 3 possibilities.

Me, I had to go and try making this on a TR where nothing but the weapon for Duelist's Flurry will do, and all I'm getting is disappointment. But that's the character I've been playing most that is also most in need of a weapon upgrade (others have their black ice sets), so....

There's a saying about throwing good money after bad, you know. I could completely drain my account of AD trying to make one of these every day (or every other day now that I have no reserve of sigils) and still not get what I want.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's a saying about throwing good money after bad, you know. I could completely drain my account of AD trying to make one of these every day (or every other day now that I have no reserve of sigils) and still not get what I want.

Hahaha.. hate to sound like a consp. theorist, but I think that is exactly what you are expected to do. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So far I'm at 3 Sly Flourishes and 2 Cloud of Steels.

All this is serving to do is make me feel upset and disappointed and like I can't play what I want because my bags are filling up with rare weapons waiting to be used for refinement points in a marginally economical fashion.

Every day I can take one more crack at getting my weapon and every day the RNG laughs in my face.

This isn't fun. This isn't exciting.

And then I think of the idea of trying to obtain a useful artifact weapon on yet another character and I cringe.

I'm not talking about trying to make the thing legendary overnight. I'm talking about even trying to get started.

All I can think about when I look at that campaign task is the fact that it costs me every time I try, and every time I try, I've got a much higher chance of getting something useless to me than of the thing I wish for.

Meanwhile, my other characters that I might like to be advancing through the campaign at some pace are parked because I'm doing everything every day on one guy, just so I can keep getting boxes of failure.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited October 2014
    dawidinsan wrote: »
    that's not fair if anyone get his weapon at first try and others must roll and waste millions AD. 3 times for me atm and still rolling
    Fairness is in the eye of the beholder. As someone who doesn't have an artifact weapon of any kind, I can say that it's totally fair. It just sucks for other people.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My main cleric I got the one I wanted on the first try, the Sacred one. My GF I did not get the one I wanted with my first try, and have not tried again. I got the one for cleave, but I would prefer the one for crushing surge.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have voted for the last, RNG is set in a way, that it's getting really annoying and working not fair, i know ppl, who have got the desired weapon, or belt 4 times, they have draconic drops constantly, while others, like me and many others, we don't get anything, nothing from Icewind, except 1 single glove on 5 toons, but nothing else, here in the dragon campaign nothing too.

If i were for the Devs, i would limit this so called RNG, such a huge unfairness makes players angry. In my guild most players avoid Mod 4 by a mile, they get the first 3 boons and say bye bye to the Mod.

If the upcoming Mod 5 keeps this track, i won't even bother to try, will just do the campaign part and make a huge turn from skirmish or dungeon and as i see i have to settle for drop rate zero.

The boons are also screwed up in this Mod, at least the older Mods were fair in this, here.....

By the way, if i would get a desired artifact weapon, i still would only put my hard earned AD or cash in it, if it would have an off hand part with nice set bonus, this way it's only a big trap to lure in players to sink their AD or money into it.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    I've tried 5 times already and getting 3 and 2 of weapons I don't want. I'd say the solution to the problem is setting up a Store or Profession task(s) in which you can trade 3 Artifact Weapons for a Weapon of your choice. Basically if you don't get the Weapon you want after 3 tries, you get are guaranteed to get the weapon you want. And may be drop in some more requirements like Dragon Hoard Coins, Sigils and AD.

But I don't think CrypticP/WE will do such a thing. The current setup of an time, AD and Zen sink which means it's more profitable for PWE.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2014
    My first try and I wanted a specific one (1/3 chance, GF).

Don't think the results of the poll are relevant, since some would have been happy with any or two of the 3.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just had my first try on my SW and got the only one I didn't want. May try a second time depending on how cheap Dragon Gems get. Or may not waste my time on beyond stupid RNG based game design. What a massive fail.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wanted the Hand of Blight one, since i'm playing my SW as support/DPS. But the Dark spiral will be pretty powerful once i upgrade it to Legendary, so i don't mind, i think the DSA one is better for DPSers, since you can have the AP gain and damage boost active all the time, thx to it's bonus at lvl 60.

Hubris of the Golden Dragon is great for fury builds as DSA is necrotic damage as well. With the extra bonus damage it packs a nice punch and the AP gain is pretty amazing. So I am happy with mine.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The boons are also screwed up in this Mod, at least the older Mods were fair in this, here.....

By the way, if i would get a desired artifact weapon, i still would only put my hard earned AD or cash in it, if it would have an off hand part with nice set bonus, this way it's only a big trap to lure in players to sink their AD or money into it.

Not sure how the boons are screwed up. They just take time to get with collecting sigils and lores.

Honestly it is AD...a virtual currency that does not exist outside the game. What else do you really have to spend AD on. If your working on the artifact weapon, then IMO you either choose to get it or already decked out.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bought the gem of the AH (124k AD) since I've only ever had one drop and rolled the Hubrus. Technically it wasn't the one I wanted as it didn't match either of my at-wills (HoB, HR) but considering the next module has a new paragon path for the SW I'm open to a respec. I've also read a number of positive comments about the Hubrus, so I've decided to keep it instead of going through the hassle of trying to get the HoB artifact. We'll see what the next paragon path offers and reassess after that.
    Similar story here. I'm running a Templock so I could have used the HoB weapon or, at a push, the EB weapon (I often run EB as my secondary At-Will). I got Hubris. I haven't used DSA in an age. Luckily I still have 3 points in it so I'm currently experimenting with a different playstyle to fit around the weapon. Hardly ideal. Having these horrendously time and resource hungry items affected by RNG is one of the worst ideas the Devs have ever come up with.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    luckily I got hubris on my 2nd try.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    4 attempts on 2 different toons. Not messing with it on the others until I am finished refining the ones I have....
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Eh. Due to the offputting dragon borefest involved - how it was possible to make dragons boring I don't know - I only opened the whole campaign on one toon, my pvp HR, for the weapon and the boon books. Anyway, first try I got the split shot bow, which I really didn't want, and used it as a gear-rp storage device while I tried again. The rng was kind and gave me a gem and a bone fairly quickly, and so I open it and...

...****, the aimed shot bow I also didn't want. However, since I use aimed strike a lot in pvp, it turned out ok, so okay in fact I gave up trying to get the rapid shot bow and levelled the one I have to purple, shortly, hopefully, to be orange. Serendipity.

The whole 'not being able to choose' rng bit is amazingly illogical - I mean who goes to a weapon maker and says 'duh, I dunno, surprise me..." just blows. Same as the glove/mainhand drop in IWD, the icesmiths can make you everything else you need, except gloves which are made by bears, and weapons which are made by beholders. Go figure.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll have another box to open tonight. (Skipped a day because I didn't have the heart for it and ended up taking a long nap instead of playing.)

Place your bets?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll have another box to open tonight. (Skipped a day because I didn't have the heart for it and ended up taking a long nap instead of playing.)

Place your bets?

Cloud of Steel.

So... upside is, I once again have even numbers of the two types of weapons I can't use. Wouldn't want those to be unbalanced.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Cloud of Steel for the 4th time.

Sadistic system.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2014
    4 or 5 tries on mage to get gelid eye, 1st time on GF to get the one with hit points.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I got the Chilling eye on the first try and leveled it up to legendary and now I find that module five is going to nerf Thaum and buff Renegade back up so great I need to start again and try to get Arcane eye CW arti weapon , one ray of hope I have is the new Die of Change item that can unlock new stats and powers for artifact gear , hopefully that can make the Chilling eye useful for Renegade CW's .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only got weapons for three characters so far. (I keep sidetracking myself getting the enchants.) Anyway for me it was 2, 1, 3. The first character got his on the second try. Second character got his on the first try. And the third one I got took three tries. Not sure what would be the best to mark on the poll.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    Only got weapons for three characters so far. (I keep sidetracking myself getting the enchants.) Anyway for me it was 2, 1, 3. The first character got his on the second try. Second character got his on the first try. And the third one I got took three tries. Not sure what would be the best to mark on the poll.

You can choose multiple options.

Neverwinter Census 2017