test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact weapon - how many tries?

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Since the anecdotal info about these has been scattered throughout other threads, I thought I'd set up a place to collate the information.

Multiple votes are allowed so that people who have made them on more than one character can report accurately. The forum does not appear to support alteration of submitted votes though.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The chance of getting it on the 1st try is 33%. On 2 tries ~56% and on 3 ~70%, on 4 ~80% which means 1 in 5 people will need 5 or more tries in order to get it. Considering how rare the gems are, not good at all.
  • Options
    nezyrworksnezyrworks Member Posts: 75
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    The chance of getting it on the 1st try is 33%. On 2 tries ~56% and on 3 ~70%, on 4 ~80% which means 1 in 5 people will need 5 or more tries in order to get it. Considering how rare the gems are, not good at all.

7 daggers to get the talon. And i can't even put one into another to make it to legend, because: they are not giving x2 RP to each other... fantastic. Crafted 5-6 useless weapons that i don't need and wasted (u can count the first days where gems were between 1mil and 700k AD) absurd amounts of AD and time...

At least they would make them x2 for each other so people that didn't had luck would get something out of it.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Unless there is some sort of weighted RNG system here, you have a flat one in three chance for each try. It will remain at 33% each time.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Unless there is some sort of weighted RNG system here, you have a flat one in three chance for each try. It will remain at 33% each time.

This is the cumulative chance of not getting the weapon after N tries. Of course, each individual chance would remain at 33%.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Actually changes to get it on any try is 33.33 % ) Math Statistics is good But not in this case.
    you know I had use 25 ward on 40% refining.
    By what you calculated - 80% should really mean how much a "Unlucky" you are. Or how much RND hates you.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First try for GF. Haven't had a second gem drop so haven't tried with SW.
  • Options
    dawidinsandawidinsan Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    that's not fair if anyone get his weapon at first try and others must roll and waste millions AD. 3 times for me atm and still rolling
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gathered the mats myself on rogue by pure luck (1st gem was sold though).

got 1 of the 2 i wanted on that 1st try. odds were in my favor since i liked 2.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First try on CW, and would have settled for any two of the available 3 possibilities.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got it on the first try, I guess, but I didn't really care which one I got. I got the Hubris Weapon for my SW. It will do. Till something better comes along. I will only get one for each character. If it fits, great. If not, oh well. I am not going to expend a bunch of resources and time fighting RNG in this or anything else.

There is nothing that I need or want that badly. But seriously... I know no one cares, but I am only going to stay so long in a game that parks everything behind RNG (with extremely low success rate) and this silly, annoying HE junk.

No feedback required. This was posted for any gm type that should happen upon it. What any other player thinks- about what I think- is beyond irrelevant. Hahaha
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just took the first one I got. I'm not even sure if I'll ever equip any of them.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    got it second try

Gems are dropping in price, and so all the materials cost about 200k together.

Considering i spent well over 2 million for my fomorian orb (back in mod 1), 200k felt like nothing, despite having to roll it twice
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First try, I was mostly OK with any of the 3 anyway.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I only wanted the Arcane Eye one, and that's exactly the one I got in the first try.

That doesn't mean the designed way to get it is good though.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just took the first one I got on my HR, even though it wasn't what I really wanted, but double-refinement weekend was coming up and I didn't manage to get another dragon gem for another try.

Have only tried once on my TR, didn't get the one that I wanted. If I manage to get the components, I'll try again, but I'm not bothering to farm that hard for them, it's not like my TR will do dungeons and need anything better than the Thayan Zealot weapon I have now.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    2 so far, got the worst one twice....I hope I get the one I want soon lol
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    3 tries on CW and 3 tries on GWF. My DC might get one, when the GWFs weapon is legendary and I did not get a belt to sink the refining points in.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Given that I don't really like any of the SW options too much (a damage reduction debuff vs boosts to skills I don't really use), all of the options that I had were both wrong.. and right. Thus I got an acceptable (yet slightly rubbish) option on my first try. The damage range of the weapon is the point, I suppose. I keep telling myself this.

I'm not sure if I should feel smug or slightly gloomy about this.
  • Options
    awnialightawnialight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've got my DF arti weap for the first try, thank god.
    I was so surprised when I saw it.
    Usually my luck is just simply soooo horrible. But not now.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    As a gwf i;ve start leveling my first try as i didnt see any reason to waste a lot of resources for something that is pretty much on the same level, imo dmg difference was all that matter...
  • Options
    versynversyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got lucky. I wanted one of each weapon, as I wanted to plan ahead for respecs etc, and I got all 3 in 4 tries. RNG hurts some but it can work out too.

Anyone noticed that RNG seems to be better since the end of the double Refinementwweekend?
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, either 45% of the ppl voting is really lucky, or they are just trolling the rest of us.

So far, i've got the Dark spiral artifact on my SW, not what i wanted, but it's okay too, on my CW i now have 3 magic missile artifacts, 1 ray of frost, and 0 chilling which is the one i want, currently working on my 5th. On my other toons i haven't even tried and prob never will since i freakin' hate the dailies, if it's RNG based why couldn't the task take 10s and cost only AD? We would still invest the same amount of AD in it, but at least i wouldn't need to do the dailies and than wait 20h just to get another useless artifact.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Hey, banjornorbert- which SW weapon did you actually want, out of interest?
  • Options
    ipuaiwahaipuaiwaha Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, either 45% of the ppl voting is really lucky, or they are just trolling the rest of us.
    I think a big part is that many people would be satisfied with two of the three weapons, making it more likely they get something they can use on the first try.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Hey, banjornorbert- which SW weapon did you actually want, out of interest?

Wanted the Hand of Blight one, since i'm playing my SW as support/DPS. But the Dark spiral will be pretty powerful once i upgrade it to Legendary, so i don't mind, i think the DSA one is better for DPSers, since you can have the AP gain and damage boost active all the time, thx to it's bonus at lvl 60.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Wanted the Hand of Blight one, since i'm playing my SW as support/DPS. But the Dark spiral will be pretty powerful once i upgrade it to Legendary, so i don't mind, i think the DSA one is better for DPSers, since you can have the AP gain and damage boost active all the time, thx to it's bonus at lvl 60.

I'm still not sure about which one I want. I really prefer Hellish Rebuke as my secondary at-will, and use HoB as my primary, mostly. I was leaning towards the HoB weapon, and that's what I got first time- though I am still not sure how I feel about that.
  • Options
    tradeactbdtradeactbd Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'm still not sure about which one I want. I really prefer Hellish Rebuke as my secondary at-will, and use HoB as my primary, mostly. I was leaning towards the HoB weapon, and that's what I got first time- though I am still not sure how I feel about that.

The stats on it are just not that good.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't gotten mine yet but on the 4th try
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────