test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well, what type of D&D character are you?

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Neutral Good Human Wizard (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 18
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
    Lawful Evil
    XXXX (4)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXX (6)

Law & Chaos:
    Law
    XXXX (4)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Chaos --- XXXXXX (6)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Evil ---- (0)

Race:
    Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Elf
    XXXXXX (6)
    Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
    Barbarian - (-4)
    Bard
    XXXX (4)
    Cleric ---- (-8)
    Druid
    (0)
    Fighter --- XX (2)
    Monk
    (-21)
    Paladin --- (-21)
    Ranger ---- (-2)
    Rogue
    (0)
    Sorcerer -- XX (2)
    Wizard ---- XXXXXX (6)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I think you are taking the question a little to literal. The question is meant to determine how you feel about leadership and authority. How you answer determines how you fall into Lawful or Chaotic. So it obviously is not about the US President, but simply about high authority in general.

The questions are all America-centric, but it meant your own leader. And it does not really do the job you claim. I think it is more to do with how callous, lacking in empathy and emotionally closed off you are, as well as measuring one's complete disregard for the sanctity of human life, and how one might destroy a life purely for personal enrichment, rather than self-defence, self or community protection or to remove a great evil.

But we all know how fraught alignment debates are!

And still, it is meant to measure your real-world self, not a fantasy role-playing character. And what stable, sane person would assassinate their own President/Queen/Prime Minister/whatever just for money? They did not even guarantee that you would definitely get away with it.

With that caveat, there are some despicable people I would happily kill by pressing a button, but most of them are foreign leaders of hideous regimes who boil political prisoners alive, commit genocide on their own people who happen to be from a different tribe or steal all the foreign aid money and food to enrich their Swiss Bank accounts and use starvation as a weapon to control their own people.

So as I say, Chaotic Good. :)
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would consider myself either a dragonborn or gnoll chaotic good cleric.

But that's just what I'd consider myself based on what I know of D&D and what I enjoy playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • leodrethleodreth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    According to Mage's test, I'm: "Neutral Good Human Bard/Wizard (1st/1st Level)"
    "Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 12
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 10"

Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Lawful Evil
    XXXXX (5)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXX (8) - I'm actually a little surprised with how high this is :P.

Law & Chaos:
    Law
    XXXX (4)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Chaos --- XXXXXXX (7)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
    Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Elf
    XXXXXX (6)
    Halfling - XXXXXX (6)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Half-Orc - XXXXXX (6)

Class:
    Barbarian - (-4)
    Bard
    XXXX (4)
    Cleric ---- (-2)
    Druid
    (0)
    Fighter --- (0)
    Monk
    (-27)
    Paladin --- (-21)
    Ranger ---- XX (2)
    Rogue
    XX (2)
    Sorcerer -- (0)
    Wizard ---- XXXX (4)

All I have to say is that I've always found myself best suited for Neutral Good or Chaotic Good; and this little test seems to agree with my opinion on myself =P. I also lean towards spellcasters. Very knowledge-seeking and entranced by magic. I also enjoy bards, so that's neat.
  • intpatrintpatr Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Neutral Good Gnome Bard.

It all fits pretty well.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for finding this, it was very interesting.

Neutral Good Human Wizard/Cleric (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 11
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
    Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Secondary Class:
    Clerics- Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clerics can heal wounds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clerics can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead creatures, and they can turn away or even destroy these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple weapons, and can use all forms of armor and shields without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric chooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grants the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn. A cleric's Wisdom score should be high, since this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (30)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (33)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (25)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
    Lawful Evil
    XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
    Chaotic Evil ---- X (1)

Law & Chaos:
    Law
    XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
    Chaos --- X (1)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Evil ---- (0)

Race:
    Dwarf ---- XXXX (4)
    Elf
    XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
    Barbarian - (-2)
    Bard
    (-2)
    Cleric ---- XXXXXX (6)
    Druid
    (0)
    Fighter --- (-2)
    Monk
    (-21)
    Paladin --- (-19)
    Ranger ---- (-2)
    Rogue
    (-8)
    Sorcerer -- XX (2)
    Wizard ---- XXXXXX (6)
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You Are A:

Neutral Good Human Bard (3rd Level)

This character test was obviously written with D&D 3e in mind, and in 3e, the bard is quite similar to the sorcerer (my favorite class) in terms of mechanics and fluff.
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13

Sounds about right. I'm physically underwhelming, and I'm smart and easy to get along with.
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Hm... I consider myself True Neutral, but I guess Neutral Good is good enough. Pun intended.
    Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

I typically play human characters by default, both because I don't particular fancy the more exotic races and because their bonus feat and skill points really comes in handy for the more demanding builds.
    Class:
    Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

I typically allocate a decent intelligence score to my sorcerer characters (intelligence 12 to 14, higher if I get lucky with my starting rolls), so there is a bit of overlap with the bard class in terms of roleplaying.

Overall, a pretty accurate D&D character test.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • ayarkayark Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey, guys! New here, not sure when I'll be able to post my own threads, so I thought I'd take a moment to do a quick intro of my characters (only two of which actually exist at this moment in time, and most of which are not named). I plan on bringing big things RP-wise to the table in the future once my forums permissions hit their maximum.

1) Otonyo Autumnblaze (Exists): A scholarly wizard with a specialty in using the dark arts for the greater good, the Tiefling (Which he himself considers to be a dragon relative, as he does not believe the whole devil thing; a bit of a skeptic, you see) Otonyo Autumnblaze is a wise old sorcerer, who acts as a practical guide for my merry band of travelers.
    2) Alek Silverkin (Exists): A young human of fourteen, talented with magic but only just beginning more difficult studies. He is the youngest of the group, but not to be discounted.
    3) Esther Seraphwing (Does Not Exist): A young half-elf cleric of Selune, who runs across an esoteric reference to a holy text of an ancient deity. Could there be more to this god than meets the eye? Esther is the true leader of this group, for reasons as will be made clear in the future.
    4) Currently Unnamed Human, a rogue, elder brother of Alek Silverkin. Serves as the roguish, independent element of the group.
    5) Currently Unnamed Half-Orc, who abandons her post in the Neverwinter Guard for what she feels is right.
    6) Currently Unnamed Dwarf, who is a freelance, and starts in the group as a mercenary.
    7) Currently Unnamed Halfling, a hunter, who finds her true destiny is greater than mere survival.

Sorry if this isn't exactly the right thread for this. I would have made my own thread, but I can't. They're each based off of different parts of my personality.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ayark wrote: »
    Hey, guys! New here, not sure when I'll be able to post my own threads, so I thought I'd take a moment to do a quick intro of my characters (only two of which actually exist at this moment in time, and most of which are not named).

Welcome to the game. It is a lot of fun, warts an' all! I am also a role-player and have 14 characters so far, 12 of which are level 60.

You should be able to make your own posts in a few days. Perhaps a Moderator could then shift this to a new thread?

You sound like you plan to buy Zen in order to buy more character slots on the same account. This is the absolute best use of Zen to my mind. You should also note, though, that it is difficult to uber-gear ALL your characters due to the time it takes to get the best gear and enchants.

By the way, you should also know that if you buy any Zen, you will not be able to use it to convert to AD to buy stuff on the AH. You will be restricted until you have one character at level 60. This is supposed to help stop bots and scammers.

But I find the best things to buy with Zen are:

1. New Character Slots - all on the same account is much better than having lots of accounts with two free characters - open any lock boxes on the same character to pool the Tarmalune trade bars, as they a Bind to Character, so cannot be shared.

2. Account-wide mounts at level 20 - all characters can use them.

3. Re-spec tokens much later on, as you can often feel you want to try different powers and feats with your character

4. Shared bank Slots - these are SO useful when you have a lot of characters

5. Other things are worthwhile if there is a Sale - Enchanted Keys, Greater Bags of Holding and Wards - Preservation Wards are only 100 Zen for 10. Coalescent Wards are needed for level 60 enchants and cost 1000 Zen, so get them in a Sale or get them for 200 Tarmalune Trade bars.

I would also suggest this:

01. Play your main character to get him to level 60 ASAP by doing all the Invocations, Leadership Professions and the Dailies for Rhix, PvP Events, the Main Quest and Side Quests. This will unlock the Auction House properly so you can buy enchants and blue gear for him other characters.

02. Get the Professions, Invocations, Horse and Artifact as soon as you can (levels 10, 11 & 20+)

03. Have your second character in Protector’s Enclave doing Invocations every hour you are logged in and Blacklake Skirmish Events – in theory, you can get 20k AD per Event hour by spamming that, but more likely 12 to 16k

04. Do not spend any AD on anything except Scrolls of Identification appropriate for your level at the Wondrous Bazaar – you will need them.

05. Do not spend any Zen on anything yet except New Character Slots – 2 characters for 500 Zen.

06. Get your New Characters to Protector’s Enclave and do The Crown of Neverwinter and then spam Skirmish Events for the AD from level 6.

07. Start doing Professions as soon as you can at level 10 – have them all doing Leadership, as you can harvest AD with that.

08. At level 11, have them all doing Invocations as well.

So, when you log in, cycle through doing Invocations and Professions with each character first, then play your main character to advance him.

By the time he is level 60, you should have quite a lot of AD and then whatever your favourite character is, you can equip him with stuff from the AH.

Also, talk to Rhix every day by pressing "L". Especially when your Leadership Mules have leveled up. This way, you can have all the quests in your inventory even if you don't have time to do them, then when you take them out at level 60 you can do them solo and get all the AD Daily rewards.

Also talk to Sergeant Knox when you level up and take his quests as well.

you can also pool all your AD on one character by putting in a request to buy Zen on the ZAX, but set the price at 100 AD per Zen - no one will take it. you can do this with five characters. So on your sixth character, you can cancel the offers and withdraw all the AD into that character's currency stock.

Have fun!

:D
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Neutral Good Human Sorcerer (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 14
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 12
    Charisma- 15

Neutral Good is spot on. Sorcerer not so much.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Interesting... if I was taking this for my characters however, the answers would be so much different.

Neutral Good Human Fighter/Bard (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 10
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 12

Alignment:

Race:

Primary Class:
    Fighters- Fighters can be many things, from soldiers to criminal enforcers. Some see adventure as a way to get rich, while others use their skills to protect the innocent. Fighters have the best all-around fighting capabilities of the PC classes, and they are trained to use all standard weapons and armor. A fighter's rigorous martial training grants him many bonus feats as he progresses, and high-level fighters have access to special melee maneuvers and exotic weapons not available to any other character.

Secondary Class:
    Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Lawful Evil
    XXXXXX (6)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXX (6)

Law & Chaos:
    Law
    XXXXX (5)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
    Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
    Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
    Elf
    XXXXXX (6)
    Halfling - XXXXXXXX (8)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXX (7)
    Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
    Barbarian - (-2)
    Bard
    XXXX (4)
    Cleric ---- (0)
    Druid
    XX (2)
    Fighter --- XXXX (4)
    Monk
    (-25)
    Paladin --- (-21)
    Ranger ---- (0)
    Rogue
    (-6)
    Sorcerer -- (0)
    Wizard ---- XX (2)
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would be a chaotic neutral human druid/wizard(3rd/2nd level). Interesting
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I took the quiz and I am a "Lawful Neutral Human Paladin (8th Level)"

I always thought I was Lawful Good...

Urlord