test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140923a.5

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Icy Rays: Control Strength and Resistance will now properly affect the duration of the immobilize from Icy Rays. To compensate for this, the base root duration has been reduced to 1 second when hitting two targets, and 1.25 seconds when hitting a single target (down from 1.5 and 2 respectively).
  • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: Knights Valor has had its AP gain reduced to reflect the new functionality of the power. It still generates Action Points every second it is active during combat, but at a much slower rate.
  • Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.
  • Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: The damage from this power can now be properly deflected and resisted.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Threatening Rush: This power now correctly Marks all targets in an AoE again.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now properly benefits from damage bonuses, crit, and armor penetration. Additionally, it can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly.
  • Scourge Warlock: Tyrannical Threat: This power now correctly only echoes the Warlock's damage (rather than all targets who are attacking).
  • Boons: Grym Depths Seeker (PvP Campaign): This boon now properly only triggers from players.

Content and Environment
  • Dwarven Valley: Atonement: Troll idols now remain visible after interaction so multiple players can use them.
  • Lair of Lostmauth: Purchasing dungeon keys from the Wondrous Bazaar after entering the dungeon will now properly allow you to open the chest at the end of the dungeon.

Items and Economy
  • The Tyranny of Dragons vendors (both the one located in Protector's Enclave and the one available via the Campaigns window) now feature two new items. Give them a try!
    • Potion of Dragon Slaying
    • Scroll of Protection from Dragons
  • Dragon Glyphs: These Glyphs will no longer deal damage when triggered from a reflective damage source such as Guarded Assault.

User Interface
  • Players can no longer worship multiple deities as this is offensive to the Gods and could incur their wrath.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Do my eyes deceive me?

Guardian Fighters aren't cheese classes in PVP anymore that determine which premade wins the match? They can't tank the whole PUG team anymore and possibly kill them with reflect damage?

Still no fix for HR's piercing blades but this is a great start to a better PVP
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still no fix for HR's piercing blades but this is a great start to a better PVP

They've said they have further fixes for HR and glpyhs, so we'll probably see them next week. Better late than never. Good stuff happening here.
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
    edited September 2014
    justsyndra wrote: »
    They've said they have further fixes for HR and glpyhs, so we'll probably see them next week. Better late than never. Good stuff happening here.

GentlemanCrush posted in one of the topics on Gameplay that he has read about HR's piercing blades complaints and decided to not fix it in the near future.

I disagree with it and hopefully he will change his mind.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks interesting. The root change seem pretty steep since no amount of control strength will make it up for the duration loss but as long as the damage remains the spell will still be ok i guess.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Players can no longer worship multiple deities as this is offensive to the Gods and could incur their wrath.

While I understand where you're coming from (the Challenge of the Gods event), worshipping multiple gods is standard in Forgotten Realms lore. Most people don't devote themselves to a single deity, and even most clerics respect the gods that aren't granting them their spells. Most people worship the entire pantheon instead of a single god. In fact, worshipping a single god exclusively is extremely rare.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
    edited September 2014
    arontimes wrote: »
    While I understand where you're coming from (the Challenge of the Gods event), worshipping multiple gods is standard in Forgotten Realms lore. Most people don't devote themselves to a single deity, and even most clerics respect the gods that aren't granting them their spells. Most people worship the entire pantheon instead of a single god. In fact, worshipping a single god exclusively is extremely rare.

Sigh.... that is just their tongue in cheek way of saying we fixed an exploit that we don't want people to know about.

Basically, a lot of PVP players were exploiting their primary stats and had multiple gods as a result as well.
  • showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GentlemanCrush posted in one of the topics on Gameplay that he has read about HR's piercing blades complaints and decided to not fix it in the near future.

I disagree with it and hopefully he will change his mind.

"These changes should be hitting Preview soonish, but I don't have an actual timeline yet. These changes cannot be rushed out because they do pretty drastically affect the performance of the classes in question, but we are making adjustments." (talking about piercing blade changes) so it has been acknowledged and we will a fix for it. When he wrote about not doing changes it was in another post about icy rays.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is Knight's Valor still going to affect non party members?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sooo. not to be biased, or sound toooooo upset.

You just totally changed how the entire class works because you don't want to nerf your glyphs?

So, just to be clear. Rather than remove an item that is so broken ESPECIALLY for HR's and SW's (oh yeah that is coming) - you completely change moves that have been that way since the beginning. Is that correct?

You take the protector GF build with KV and Guarded assault and take out those ridiculous glyphs, and it's a solid set up, soaks damage, mitigates it for the team, and they take a little damage, you add glyphs and it is a 300% damage increase.

So the rational answer was to change the moves entirely - so the glyphs don't work on GF classes, and still work on all the other classes? Can someone explain that for me?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Sooo. not to be biased, or sound toooooo upset.

You just totally changed how the entire class works because you don't want to nerf your glyphs?

So, just to be clear. Rather than remove an item that is so broken ESPECIALLY for HR's and SW's (oh yeah that is coming) - you completely change moves that have been that way since the beginning. Is that correct?

You take the protector GF build with KV and Guarded assault and take out those ridiculous glyphs, and it's a solid set up, soaks damage, mitigates it for the team, and they take a little damage, you add glyphs and it is a 300% damage increase.

So the rational answer was to change the moves entirely - so the glyphs don't work on GF classes, and still work on all the other classes? Can someone explain that for me?

Yup and dont forget, theyll look at other classes too and nerf those abilities that proc glyphs because, why would they change glyphs?! makes TOTAL sense!

While I am going to be glad this "build" is gone, it totally changed the class, build, skills and most likely will have to reroll my character because now SOS is SOOOOO under whelming its ridiculous.

Id REALLY like FOR ONCE if you make SMALL changes, but now. SOS - cant build AP during it (this would have fixed it). KV builds LESS AP (ok i get this and was needed, this alone would fix it), oh and to boot, SOS now can be deflected yada yada.

Why not revert all its damage to "1" because - whats it matter now, noone will use it.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yup and dont forget, theyll look at other classes too and nerf those abilities that proc glyphs because, why would they change glyphs?! makes TOTAL sense!

While I am going to be glad this "build" is gone, it totally changed the class, build, skills and most likely will have to reroll my character because now SOS is SOOOOO under whelming its ridiculous.

Id REALLY like FOR ONCE if you make SMALL changes, but now. SOS - cant build AP during it (this would have fixed it). KV builds LESS AP (ok i get this and was needed, this alone would fix it), oh and to boot, SOS now can be deflected yada yada.

Why not revert all its damage to "1" because - whats it matter now, noone will use it.

Exactly. the daily is officially toast. They took our best daily off the menu, so maybe they can just add another daily in its place? Who knows?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    terramak wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • ...snip...

Content and Environment
    • ...snip...

Items and Economy
    • ...snip...

User Interface
    • ...snip...

Hmm. Forgot Foundry notes. Again.
    Guess that "big foundry development push" between Mod 4 and Mod 5 is rapidly approaching vaporware.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

how many perfectly valid suggestions were made to change these things...and they end up doing their own thing...as per usual...nothing surprising here

about scourge warlock, what exactly does "echoes only the damage done by scourge warlock" mean?

TT will no longer bounce around damage done by other players?

or TT will no longer show the damage done by other players?
    edited October 2014
    freshour wrote: »

I would like to remove glyphs as well, but I already stated that it WILL NOT happen. Glyphs are PWE and Cryptic's new toy for module 4. It is their new feature. They are not going to completely remove it. They will be hesitant to make it close to negligable.

They want people to play the game and participate in the module to get these "power items".

You guys should suggest other methods that deal with this problem because there is very little chance they will outright make glyphs a non-factor.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Stop oppressing the gods!!
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    so, mod3 idols fix 4 months later and still no fix for the bugged chest in lol
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Stop oppressing the gods!!

.. by far the best comment I saw in a while !!

On topic : nice to see changes, nice to see it is working on it, bla bla bla ...
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now properly benefits from damage bonuses, crit, and armor penetration. Additionally, it can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly."

tested: really? is fun, i will change to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but... really?

ps: cw still need be fixed and now destroyer need a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE damage buff.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    GF's value in dungeons has been eroded. GG.

Will need testing, but SOS now sounds pretty useless in PVP.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • hardesevilhardesevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you are actually completely stupid you nerf Gf that is the only thing that makes him good.
    weakens times rather DC or a ultra Cw nerf
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Control Wizard: Icy Rays: Control Strength and Resistance will now properly affect the duration of the immobilize from Icy Rays. To compensate for this, the base root duration has been reduced to 1 second when hitting two targets, and 1.25 seconds when hitting a single target (down from 1.5 and 2 respectively).

Maybe its about time you made a post on how Control Strength and Resistances actually work? How much gives how much? Nobody knows. If you are making changes like this its seriously time
    Dr. Phil
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [*]Dragon Glyphs: These Glyphs will no longer deal damage when triggered from a reflective damage source such as Guarded Assault.

Srsly? Only?
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to gain Action Points while Supremacy of Steel is active.

Wait, does this mean no AP gain *from* SoS damage or no AP gain at all while it is active? Because in the former case I can live with it, but in the latter case it's 10 seconds of AP lock, the longest AP lock on any power on any class ever AFAIK. This is huge and really really bad! :/
  • mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think it mean you won't gain ANY AP for the entire duration of SOS, from SOS damage and from damage of other's powers. This change will kill SOS for me either pvp and pve scenarios.
  • giaxathrithsgiaxathriths Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: Guardian Fighters will no longer be able to use Supremacy of Steel
    fixed it for you

And again due to PvP, PvE GF is nerfed. Another reason to hate PvP even more.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so much qq over gf changes i am loling. Why should a class be allowed to spam a daily that can do a lot of damage, also the lag created with this up all the time drove me nutz.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guardian Fighter: Supremacy of Steel: The damage from this power can now be properly deflected and resisted.

If it can be resisted, does armor penetration works on SoS too? When not, SoS is really useless now and this patch overstates the case totally - again.
    When you will learn to make SMALL changes. Hope this wont get live like this on Thursday.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter: Threatening Rush: This power now correctly Marks all targets in an AoE again.
    Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now properly benefits from damage bonuses, crit, and armor penetration. Additionally, it can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly.

Thank you! Finally some love for IV and sentinels :> Now give Unstoppable a pushback/knockback resistance so we can actually tank instead of being pushed around like a rag doll :p
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So have the display issues where artifact belts show up in your loot window but don't make it to your inventory been fixed? I see that the keys have been fixed but several of us have 'won' artifact belts at HE's just for them not to make it into our inventory, these aren't items worth a few thousand AD , they are worth millions and for the loot window to show you won one only for it not to make it to your bag is very disappointing .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    please check again fix for doors of Castle Never. last door bugged after latest patch when 2 ppl in my party tried to open it.
This discussion has been closed.