test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do we get medals of heroism?

2»

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, I am one guy who ground out the Doohickey. Took me forever, but I got it. Wondrous Grommets comin' outta my a$$.

Now trying to get Marks seems like an undoable task for FTP guys like me.

Wow you actually managed to grind one out -congratulations!

Would you mind posting about how long it took you here on my thread about it:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?733231-Did-anyone-manage-to-farm-a-Doohickey-by-themselves

Did you have to buy anything or did you manage to get all the profession reagents yourself too?

My first impression was also that this event may be harder to get the top items without paying AD/ZEN, but would you mind giving your reasons?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just got the shock of the day xD

kDf384C.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I have had to stand corrected. You can get a medal from these heroics.

As to rarity... I've gotten two curios and no medals!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I have had to stand corrected. You can get a medal from these heroics.

As to rarity... I've gotten two curios and no medals!

I got two of the medals last night within a few hours. Done quite a lot of HE's today but no more.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -You get a minimum of 3-4 supplies a day (per character) for free by crafting (you can use injury kits that cost gold, and we all have probably more gold after 3 months of playing NW than we'll ever use in this game).
    -You get a chance at dropping extra supplies doing HEs (i get 1 supply every 3-4 HEs, and a couplke times I got 2 supplies)
    -You buy 1 medal with 6 supplies. It's safe to say you get 1 medal a day with minimum effort.
    -You get a chance at dropping medals during HEs directly
    -At the end of the event, if you have leftover medals, you can buy enough supplies off the AH or a few medals off the ZEN market to try one last time.

I wouldn't say an average "free" player won't be able to open at least a couple packs till the event is over...
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I managed to get two medals (none of which were from a great success) and three supplies from HEs over the weekend when I had time to run the siege event. I have two characters, by pooling their supplies together, I've managed to get four medals since the start of the event. I will get my first box tonight. I hope I get lucky and I'll be able to get a second box before the event ends, but it's doubtful.

I anticipate getting the companion exp tomes or a lesser mark of potency for my troubles.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    -You get a chance at dropping extra supplies doing HEs (i get 1 supply every 3-4 HEs, and a couplke times I got 2 supplies)
    waaat? you're lucky as hell! for me it's about every 10-12 HE's..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I gave up on this event because everytime I got one, it vanished from my inventory :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I gave up on this event because everytime I got one, it vanished from my inventory :)

They don't disappear on you. You will always get two medals for the daily quest. They have a medal icon but they ARE NOT medals of heroism. The reason you arnt keeping them is they get turned in for the daily quest to give you the writs. It just takes a few seconds to read.
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    They don't disappear on you. You will always get two medals for the daily quest. They have a medal icon but they ARE NOT medals of heroism. The reason you arnt keeping them is they get turned in for the daily quest to give you the writs. It just takes a few seconds to read.

No I mean from encounters and it said " medal of heroism".
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm willing to bet you are mistaken. You get two green medals for the daily. They have the same icon but with a green border and are called battle honors, Or something similar. You don't get to keep those, they are used to complete the daily and give you the writ.

Medals of heroism have a blue border and will not disappear. And are much much rarer.
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet you are mistaken. You get two green medals for the daily. They have the same icon but with a green border and are called battle honors, Or something similar. You don't get to keep those, they are used to complete the daily and give you the writ.

Medals of honor have a blue border and will not disappear. And are much much rarer.

I farmed event for the first 2 days and got 2 of them and my game crashed and I logged back in and they was gone...I didn't bother with it after that. They wasn't awarded to me from a quest unless the quest reward was dropped from a he because that's where I got them but yeah it just annoyed me :/
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]