test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do we get medals of heroism?

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I haven't seen any information on how to get them, and I haven't been able to figure it out based on doing the dailies. So how the heck do we get them?
Post edited by rhoriangelus on

Comments

• sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    heroic encounter loot roll.

but you will no get em. as soon as you get em the venish into nothingness. gor tons of responses in game for this bug report.

and devs dont give a dang to return em.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you sure that isn't the Battle Honors? I got confused by that too, those are supposed to disappear (they are quest items). The Medals of Heroism are used to buy the Defender's Pack. I haven't seen one yet, and neither has anyone else I've spoken to.
    edited September 2014
    Sure. Cause i doubt you can get two of those quest items. which are daily use only. one commendation one quest one scroll reward.
    edited September 2014
    The quest is actually to get two of them. I've done it on several characters now, if you look at the quest text it says to get two battle honors by doing heroic encounters. You only get one writ from completing it, but you have to get two items. You might be talking about the battle honors.
    edited September 2014
    on my dc a got medals with red stripes this are honours. yap two needed. on my HR i got one with blue that's what i can say for sure. didnt check the colour of another one thouhg.

maybe that's all a mess because of instace overwhelming insted of 15 we get like 40 people running around.
    edited September 2014
    If you saw one drop but didn't actually get one, it's possible that it's a reward display bug then :/ That seems to be happening lately, rewards showing stuff you didn't actually get and not showing things you did get.
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think u can get them trough donating to that guy in PE.
    edited September 2014
    Someone in a channel I am in confirmed they drop from encounters at least, just rarely.

They also appear to be for sale for 50 zen apiece in the zen shop.
  • twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited September 2014
    You can buy the medals from the zen store at 50Z apiece...
    There has been alot of really daft business decisions this year by whomever is in charge of those things over at Cryptic HQ, and this one undoubtedly ranks amongst the top five. Way to maintain a player base.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    twitticles wrote: »
    You can buy the medals from the zen store at 50Z apiece...
    There has been alot of really daft business decisions this year by whomever is in charge of those things over at Cryptic HQ, and this one undoubtedly ranks amongst the top five. Way to maintain a player base.

Yep - it is exactly a way to help maintain a player base, because there always have been, are, and will be players willing to buy time and effort with Zen, Astral Diamonds, Gold, etc. It is actually a brilliant move on Cryptic's part.

Just because the idea bothers you, doesn't mean it bothers others (it's a personal issue, I assure you).

It's excellent news that there are now a multitude of different ways to obtain these things, with the Zen Market being one of them.
    edited September 2014
    It's excellent news that there are now a multitude of different ways to obtain these things, with the Zen Market being one of them.
    If there had been multiple realistic means of obtaining them, I'd have had no issue with one of them being zen. However it's becoming very clear the only realistic way to actually farm the top rewards in this event is the aforementioned zen. Just as it was during the doohickey event.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    That's the issue. You don't want *1* of the top ( 7 days to get ) item. You want a bunch. Fine. Buy 'em.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You know its going to take them a week to fix this... just in time for the event to end
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hetz000 wrote: »
    I think u can get them trough donating to that guy in PE.

How many defense supplies do you need to donate to get one medal of heroism?
    edited September 2014
    How many defense supplies do you need to donate to get one medal of heroism?
    Six.

10chars!
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    and... you can make 3/day, via crafting. So, figure 2 days / 1 medal. That's 3 medals over the course of the event. That and some zen will buy you a chance at a random item....
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Donating 12 gets you 2 medals. And 50 Insignias, but who care about those?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Depends what you can buy with the insignias. I assume there is something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like a shame.

For the 'Wonders of Gond' event no-one even seems to knows anyone who manged to get the Doohickey by playing the game rather than buying Blueprints (either directly or via the AH):

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?733231-Did-anyone-manage-to-farm-a-Doohickey-by-themselves

and it looks like that in this event too it will be very difficult to get items without resorting to similar measures.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Sounds like a shame.

For the 'Wonders of Gond' event no-one even seems to knows anyone who manged to get the Doohickey by playing the game rather than buying Blueprints (either directly or via the AH) and it looks like that in this event too it will be very difficult to get items without resorting to similar measures.

Yep ,another event created by Lindsay 'Corporate Commander' Haven .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited September 2014
    *shrug* This is a flat out "350 zen" for a random item event. Doing the math, I think you're better off with opening a couple of tyrannical lockboxes.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I havent logged in and tried this yet, what exactly am I missing?

Is there anything to claim from nabbing these medals/insignias etc? Pets,costumes,potions?

Honest question, ive patched & logging in an hour or so, so want to know should I get my grinding gears on or?
    edited September 2014
    So I havent logged in and tried this yet, what exactly am I missing?

Is there anything to claim from nabbing these medals/insignias etc? Pets,costumes,potions?

Honest question, ive patched & logging in an hour or so, so want to know should I get my grinding gears on or?

The Champion's Battle Horn:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Champion%27s_Battle_Horn

looks interesting for 1000 insignia but I am not sure it is worth taking up a valuable slot with it.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like a shame.

For the 'Wonders of Gond' event no-one even seems to knows anyone who manged to get the Doohickey by playing the game rather than buying Blueprints (either directly or via the AH):

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?733231-Did-anyone-manage-to-farm-a-Doohickey-by-themselves

and it looks like that in this event too it will be very difficult to get items without resorting to similar measures.

It is what it is and it's hardly a surprise. I was momentarily disappointed when I noticed the Battlefield Medic change from green to purple and realised what that would mean in terms of the likelihood of obtaining it. Thankfully it's not important to me so I'll make a token effort as I did with the Wonders of Gond event. If I get the expected nothing ... whatever. These sort of things are making me more cynical and aren't engendering much in the way of trust or faith in the game, particularly the business model. That's also fine since I take a fairly philosophical approach to gaming.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

looks interesting for 1000 insignia but I am not sure it is worth taking up a valuable slot with it.

10 min CD for ~2.1k temp HP? :/
    I can farm it, but that's all of it. Except one of the other thingis(blue medals from HE loot) can be farmed. The other is a daily and... again a fail of the design.

PS: Does anyone know more as the overview look like?

Because in the wiki the Defender's pack contain a dropchance for Neverember Guard(blue) while ingame this isn't shown(only green medic+archer). o.o
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Then why do that? Just set up a keybind that activates it in inventory. The problem is that then you cannot see the cooldown, but with a 10-minute cooldown, this is really for emergency use only, right ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It really bothers me that you can buy a medal of heroism. Buy a Medal of Heroism. "I've fought through the endless waves of enemies to the win and my reward is a Medal of Heroism". "Oh, I just bought it with cash, lawl". Pathetic.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Then why do that? Just set up a keybind that activates it in inventory. The problem is that then you cannot see the cooldown, but with a 10-minute cooldown, this is really for emergency use only, right ?

Not every item can be activated from inventory though.
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Doohickey fiasko all over again. Not very realistic to actually farm to get the thing you want. Free to play doesn't look so free anymore when they don't even give players a chance to get the rewards through some serious farming. Maybe if you have a lot of alts and spend every waking hour doing this event you MIGHT get the epic companion.

But as before, even if you get that thing that it can drop from, you only have a chance. Pretty **** sad.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, I am one guy who ground out the Doohickey. Took me forever, but I got it. Wondrous Grommets comin' outta my a$$.

Now trying to get Marks seems like an undoable task for FTP guys like me.