test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

powrie companion: rank, account wide? (Mod Answered; Post #21)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    This weekend's promotion, like many others in the past, has resulted in a lot of confusion and frustration amongst the player base. Future promotions really should detail all of the following information.
    • If the items are account wide or single claim?
    • if the items are BoE, BoP or BoA?
    • What rank is the item without paying for upgrades?
    • What is the item/companion stats?
    • What do the visuals look like?
    • How players can qualify for the promotion/what actions will not qualify for the promotion

Most every promotion answers at least a few of these, especially the last few, but every promotion should address every one of these points with special care taken to address the first few because that is the information which most details what players are either paying for or trying to get.

I am sorry that we couldn't be of more help this last weekend but our contact with staff members greatly diminishes Friday afternoons. This means over the course of the weekend the Community Moderators will do our best to answer questions but we really can only give educated guesses based on past history. We won't always be correct.

Now have I forgotten or overlooked anything players care about when deciding if they want to get involved in a promotion or not? If so I will definitely pass it along with the feedback I already wrote.

On a bit of an off topic note, the feedback I gave the CM's is a perfect example of good negative feedback. There's no need to insult developers or staff in order to get your point across. Simply say this is the problem, this is why it's a problem and to a lesser extent what you feel could be done to improve the situation.

If more people did that there would be a lot less moderating done to posts. Feedback doesn't have to be positive; it just can't be disrespectful. ;)
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ambi, what you just said at the end of your post needs to be stickied somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Single claim AND BoP? No, really, please change this ASAP, you're still in time before a massive backlash.

Either make it account-unlock and BoP or single claim and BoE (we'd go fine with either, hardly anyone will object), but the mix of the two is really terrible. TERRIBLE. Also, collection states it's BoE, thus it doesn't match our expectations.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Also, collection states it's BoE
    That might mean it is Bind to Account until Equipped. We'll try to get clarification as soon as possible.

Mod Notice:
    This is the last time I will say this on the forums and the last time I will tolerate such flagrant use of legal accusations:
    If one has a legal claim, contact Support. The forums are not the place for such accusations or discussions.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    That might mean it is Bind to Account. We'll try to get clarification but seriously -- This is the last time I will say this on the forums and the last time I will tolerate such flagrant use of legal accusations:

Sorry, didn't mean to use "legalese", edited the post. I wanted to say that what we expected was not what it turned out to be.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Sorry, didn't mean to use "legalese", edited the post. I wanted to say that what we expected was not what it turned out to be.
    No worries, it was more of a general statement in regard to overall and not meant to single anyone out. Let's just keep to respectful discussions as we try to get more information and these issues addressed. Thanks!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to also throw in my beseeching that it being BoP PLEASE be changed. The armored polar bear, sunite priestesses, skeletal dogs - in my memory all things that have previously been promotional and single-redemption have been BoE. To suddenly make something single-redemption AND BoP, AND not tell us until after the promotion has ended and many of us took the chance on hoping it wasn't based on previous promotions - these are all very poor moves.

If it turns out to actually be BoP and single-redemption I'm going to be very sad, and I probably will not be taking part in any more of these promotions. Hell. I would take a green account-wide companion over a single BoP Epic companion any day of the week.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    Glad I didn't burn 50 bucks for a single purple 'striker' companion. I participated in the rest I've been here for, but this one felt 'wrong'. Cheers for intuition.

Note, however, that if you *did* buy an item for 50 bucks during the event, you did *receive* that item. The companion is a 'bonus', *not* what you're paying for.

I'm currently ( slowly ) working my way through sharandar and dread ring. I may actually buy a level up booster someday, but the dailies in sharandar and dread ring are amusing, and don't take all that long.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What rank is the item without paying for upgrades?

This should probably be "What rank and quality (color) is the item without paying for upgrades?"

We need to know rank for mounts and artifacts, and quality for companions.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

Hey Folks, the Redcap Powrie companion will be a single-character redeem (meaning that it CANNOT be redeemed on all characters, so choose wisely), BoE, purple companion.

I'll make sure that these details are made available in future promotion blogs. Thanks!

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey Folks, the Redcap Powrie companion will be a single-character redeem (meaning that it CANNOT be redeemed on all characters, so choose wisely), BoE, purple companion.

I'll make sure that these details are made available in future promotion blogs. Thanks!

So while it is a nice bonus to those who were already planning on spending $50 on a Zen store item, it seems like pretty rough marketing to NOT have made that information clear from the outset. It's nice that it is BoE rather than BoP (for those who like to complete collections - and PLEASE check on this since the supposedly BoE dragon scale items are STILL BoP), and I appreciate your personal assurance that all future promotions will clearly state all relevant details.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Much appreciated, thanks! :)
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So... Sep 19th has finally come, I have purchased ALL the items to qualify for the mount and yet I have received no in-game or email notification about my rewards. I was about to submit a ticket in-game but could not find a suitable option. Anyone is having the same issue or knows how should I proceed?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So... Sep 19th has finally come, I have purchased ALL the items to qualify for the mount and yet I have received no in-game or email notification about my rewards. I was about to submit a ticket in-game but could not find a suitable option. Anyone is having the same issue or knows how should I proceed?
    Check the Reward Claims Agent, as that is where they will be at. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 24 hours for all rewards to roll out. If you don't have them by tomorrow evening, please submit a Support Ticket, as the forums are not the place to request or look for Account & Billing Support.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.