test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

powrie companion: rank, account wide? (Mod Answered; Post #21)

nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
New promotion, new lack of information: what rank is the powrie companion, and is it a single item or an account-wide unlock? It is shown as lvl 30.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    based off cryptic's history witht these types of events, the companion will be of green quality (max level 20 unless you upgrade it) and will be available to be picked up on all characters on the qualifying account.
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Likely but not always, occasionally there were single blue companions instead.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We're 2 days into the promotion time, but we still can't have an official statement on the matter... this is sad :(
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm thinking that it's not going to be an account unlock, because account unlock promo companions (meaning ones not part of any pack) are NOT on the collections page. The recap powrie is, plus it shows it as epic rank and BoE.

Which is a shame, because I was definitely interested in getting it before I realized it probably isn't account wide.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Go check the collections page. It really is a level 30 companion.

I'm not sure if it's account wide or single time claim, though.
  • Options
    syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    So I bought the campaigns for my Sw last week is it retro or do I have to buy it during the event?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So I bought the campaigns for my Sw last week is it retro or do I have to buy it during the event?

I'm pretty sure you have to buy it during the event.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you can't keep it constructive and leave the backhanded insults out of your posts, then don't post.

As for screenshots, they're usually taken with their rank 30 stats to showcase their full potential, however, many promo companions are usually either green or blue quality when obtained.

Usually. I can try to get someone from staff to answer that more definitively however being that it's the weekend, there'll be a wait.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014

You must buy it during the event.

The safe guess is that the powrie is an Account Wide Green. Blue account wide companions are normally part of packs. If memory serves they have never released anything but green account wide companions for these similar sale promotions.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You must buy it during the event.

The safe guess is that the powrie is an Account Wide Green. Blue account wide companions are normally part of packs. If memory serves they have never released anything but green account wide companions for these similar sale promotions.

I... don't think that's a safe guess, actually. Promo companions, as I stated, are never included in the collections page. I know because I collect promo companions. I have nine of them, to my knowledge, every single one that's been offered.

The powrie in the collections says BoE. The account-bound companions that DO appear in the collections page (the ones that are part of packs or achievement rewards) say BoP.

Despite this confusion about this companion, in the past, they've been pretty good about noting that promo companions can be claimed on all characters, which is not said here. It'd have been nice to have confirmation from an official source, but it's not looking like it'll happen before the promo is over at this rate.

My money is on this companion being a single redemption, BoE, epic ranked companion.
  • Options
    syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    Ok thanks for the info.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    It should not be in the collections pages. I'll forward that as a bug.

The powrie is a promotional item regardless of the bind status.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It should not be in the collections pages. I'll forward that as a bug.

The powrie is a promotional item regardless of the bind status.

The Lord's Armored Polar Bear also appears on the collections page, and is also a promotional item.

ETA: Knox is also on the collections page.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Promo companions should not be in the collection. Wave byebye to the Quickling.

If you see promo items in the collections please report them. They should not be there.
    I'll forward those off, though. Thanks.

And remember the powrie is the exact same promotion as the Quickling.
  • Options
    felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you see promo items in the collections please report them. They should not be there.

So it's confirmed the powie is a lvl 20 account wide unlock?
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it's confirmed the powie is a lvl 20 account wide unlock?

No... It is not!

I ended up getting since I wanted to unlock Sharandar with my recently leveled Warlock and therefor enable the Warlock Artifact for all my characters, Also I wanted the mount very, very badly.

Even making this leap of faith, I really would like more detailed information for future promotions and when investing my money into something, I'd like to know exactly what I'll get (except for lockboxes).
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Not sure I followed you. Powrie and quickling are different companions with different animations and powers, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Not sure I followed you. Powrie and quickling are different companions with different animations and powers, right?

I think they meant the last time the quickling was available, it was from buying blood ruby packs. There was some kind of refinement item promotion at the time. That's how I got it. Previously it had been from a charge rewards program, which meant if you bought 6000 Zen, you got it (along with other stuff).

I ended up buying all the things from this promotion to get the mount and the companion, just in case, figuring I could probably sell a BoE mount and companion for about what I paid anyway if it turns out it isn't account wide.

That said I'd love if the Fey Wolf mount came back. I missed it first time around, which is when the Quickling appeared also.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I think they meant the last time the quickling was available, it was from buying blood ruby packs. There was some kind of refinement item promotion at the time. That's how I got it. Previously it had been from a charge rewards program, which meant if you bought 6000 Zen, you got it (along with other stuff).

Exactly. /10char
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    We just got word that the [Redcap Powrie] Companion will be Epic Quality when claimed, meaning it will start at Rank 1 when claimed (like all companions) but will be able to level to Rank 30 without needing to "Upgrade" it to a higher quality!

The
    [Redcap Powrie] is a Single Claim and will be Bind on Equip*.

*Please Note: All Reward items will be sent on 9/19. Players can only receive each reward once per account.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    We just got word that the [Redcap Powrie] Companion will be Epic Quality when claimed, meaning it will start at Rank 1 when claimed (like all companions) but will be able to level to Rank 30 without needing to "Upgrade" it to a higher quality!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

But is it account wide or single claim? If it's purple I'm guessing it's a single claim.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    But is it account wide or single claim? If it's purple I'm guessing it's a single claim.
    Sorry, I forgot to ask that and was waiting on their reply. Just got their reply; it is indeed a Single Claim. Post above updated.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bummer. I bought a exp booster hoping it'd be an account unlock similar to storm rider/faithful initiate, etc. Next time please make rewards clear before the event ends.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »

The
    [Redcap Powrie] is a Single Claim and will be Bind on Pickup*.

*Please Note: All Reward items will be sent on 9/19. Players can only receive each reward once per account.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

That is extraordinarily unfortunate.
    All the more so since this was NOT made clear on the program page. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    50 Dollars of Zen and it is a Single claim? Poor marketing all around, 5 Days for a answer? This is acceptable to whom? Maybe to the person that wants the Lord's Armored Bear but to someone that collects Companions it is too rich for my blood.

I agree with the sentiment that this should have been made clear from day 1. If you went into this thinking that you were paying *just* for the companion, however, you are mistaken - it's not like you don't still get the XP boost or campaign completion for your purchase - think of it as getting an additional 2500 Zen's worth of companion with your purchase of the boost or completion items.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People like Powries. Add a blue one to the zen store plz.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I wrote up a detailed bit of feedback over the weekend about the information, or rather the lack of it, in numerous different promotions in response to this thread.

Akromatik has forwarded it to the product manager and to DwightMC. I will detail what feedback I gave when I get home tonight so you guys can let me know if I missed anything.

Hopefully we can iron down exactly what needs to be included in every promotion to avoid situations like this in the future.
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well that sucks... $50 for a single claim :(
    I wish I was richer lol
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While on the one hand I would like an account-wide version (even if green), I also understand the business sense of making it more exclusive. Let's face it: quite a few people (and I count myself among these) desire a redcap companion much more than your average companion, and it's primarily if not purely for the fun factor.

That said, the business case for making a promo companion single-claim only only makes sense if the companion is worth it: I have nearly every companion in the game, and of the ones I've bound to my main, they're all purple quality now (which has taken an obscene amount of Zen). While only a third or so are rank 30, I've had them long enough to begin to assess them vs. each other.

I'm really, really hoping that the devs have done the powrie "right": get the voice acting right and don't cut any corners! Most of us want a redcap because of the twisted, psychotic, yet strangely cute nature of their personalities; don't let us down!

I consider most of the companions to be pretty mediocre from either a fun and/or utility standpoint, but there are examples that show that a companion can really shine if the devs put enough into it. From a fun standpoint, the Laughing Skull, Green Slime, Phase Spider, and Quickling top my list. From a utility standpoint, the Frost Mimic is an outstanding defender and the Vicious Dire Wolf can be an incredibly good companion depending on your class (e.g. DC, especially if you also have Liliira's Bell).

It looks like the powrie will be more of a "fun" companion rather than a "utility" one (unless her rank 30 attack is really stellar), so I can't stress enough the need to make it compelling, from both a player's standpoint and from a business-case standpoint. I realize that I'm raising expectations and perhaps this is ill-advised, or maybe I'm just being over-optimistic.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.