test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item's Tooltips Shown as BoE - Actually its BoP!

Comments

• Options
    kozimotokozimoto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So is doing the event a waste of time now? I bought a pig companion and a mount to give to my lower lvl toons cause my 60 GWF can collect flowers faster then they can.Ive read all the comments about this and nothing has ever been said if its a bug or not just devs telling people to post stuff right or they will get banned,no answers at all from the dev comments ive seen..Just don't wanna waste my time on this event anymore so sad :(
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There seems to be a major problem with the past and present status of items becoming Bound to Character with NO advanced warning. Its very, very concerning.

MidSummer Events
    Unbound Feasts created in Midsummers Event 2013 are now Character Bound with start of Midsummer 2014 and unusable by the characters that created them.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?738011-Heros-Feasts-created-last-year-now-Bound-to-Character&highlight=Feasts

MidSummer Events
    Vendor Tooltips are incorrect. Items described as BoE are in fact BOP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742231-Midsummer-Item-s-Tooltips-Shown-as-BoE-Actually-its-BoP-Buyer-Beware!

Xvim Sets - Belt and Amulets Suddenly change from Bound to Account to Bound to Character
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?743761-Xvim-Amulet-now-soulbound!

Vendor Purchased Pseudodragon
    Tooltip say BoE , but it is actually BoP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?748971-pseudodragon-bound-on-pickup-from-dragon-shard-scale-merchant

Refined Lesser Barkshield Enchantment Becomes Bound to Character
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730941-Lesser-Barkshield-Enchantment-bound-to-character-%28not-shard-but-lesser%29
    Update: workaround
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730941-Lesser-Barkshield-Enchantment-bound-to-character-%28not-shard-but-lesser%29&p=8911861&viewfull=1#post8911861

Lostmauth Chests Item says BoE but its BOP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?749261-Lostmauth-chest-items-says-BoE-when-it-s-not
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mounts purchased with Favors of Sune and the Pig companion purchased with Petals are Bind on Pickup, even though their description in the store says Bind on Equip. :[
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    porbidus01porbidus01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi all. Some people are having problems with Summer Festival mounts (BOP instead BOE). I have the same problem but not only with them, other items binds on pickup instead on equip (Draconic Cowl....) and other items binds without reasson (Caprese, Shard of Barkshield Enchantment, .....)
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I just bough a Green Pig from the summer event. It said BoE, BIND ON EQUIP. and as soon as i bought it it was bound on character?
    Did i waste all this time for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Seriously? Will it be fixed so its BoE if i dont equip it, even if it currently says bound.

I hope they fix this, because i was hoping to sell it. If i knew it was instantly bound i wouldent waste my time

Thanks
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nope it will remain BoP , the mounts from the store are supposed to be BoP the tooltips are broken at the moment on a lot of BoP items that show them as being BoE , also you didn't really waste a lot of time , all you have to do to get the mounts is to hand in a quest once per day , you don't even need to do anything ,just hand it in , hardly several hours of hard work really.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    supraa1supraa1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    porbidus01 wrote: »
    Hi all. Some people are having problems with Summer Festival mounts (BOP instead BOE). I have the same problem but not only with them, other items binds on pickup instead on equip (Draconic Cowl....) and other items binds without reasson (Caprese, Shard of Barkshield Enchantment, .....)

Same problem for me, was supposed to give my lil brother one of the Boars as gift now cant because instead of being BoE its BoP. Hope this issue can be fixed.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Which items of the event are BoE really?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    don`t know if there are any.
    heard clothes are BoE.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Moderator Update:
    Thread subject Updated. There is a larger issue at work here that is not related to any specific item or vendor but instead some other underlying bug. So, all items showing as being one type of bound item when they are another, are all the same bug. The Devs are looking into this but this issue is so widespread, there is no ETA for a fix.

Due to the hot nature of the Midsummer Event, I'd like to point out:
    The following items From Misdsummer are shown as Bind on Equip when they are actually Bind on Pickup:

[Sunite Steed]
    [Blue Ribbon Pig]
    [Armored Boar]
    [Bottomless Waterskin]
    [Everlasting Water Bucket]
    [Decanter of Endless Water]
    [Pig]

The [Sunite Garb] from the Profession Task is indeed Bind on Equip, as the tool-tip depicts.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    VEry unhappy about this issue hope it get fixed my surprise gift ot my brother is all ruined now. Please do soemthing developpers.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Moderator Update:
    Thread subject Updated. There is a larger issue at work here that is not related to any specific item or vendor but instead some other underlying bug. So, all items showing as being one type of bound item when they are another, are all the same bug. The Devs are looking into this but this issue is so widespread, there is no ETA for a fix.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
    Ty for the update Mod :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Also, I bought 8 [Flower Gathering Reward] three different times (diff chars) and not a single one contained any [Fireblossom Petal] - they only had crafting materials.
    Moderator Update:
    I'd like to clear up confusion about my findings here. This above quote was in reference to me testing on Preview. Currently on Live, the
    [Flower Gathering Reward] is working correctly. However, at the time of that quote, they were not working correctly on Preview and posed an issue if that publish went live. I've just received confirmation that this issue has been resolved on the current build to be patched Thursday.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much if the store text said Bind on Pickup. At least then I'd know. It's the "Oh no, you can't put this in your account bank and give this to the character who thematically fits it. You wasted your petals/favors for nothing!" that gets me.

Sadface, No honesty in advertizing? Really? :[

Also nice to know the "stay logged in" feature STILL does nothing. Has been bugged since beta weekend, oh wait, was bugged back on the City of Heroes forums ten years ago, and they still haven't figured out how to keep me logged in. I can only wonder if it's to make bug reports more difficult.

I am SO easy to please, and yet I am finding very little to be pleased about lately...
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Known issue, thread merged. See the first post or my post here for details.
  • Options
    hodielhodiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same issue- Armoured Boar mount. Subscribing to thread to get notification of any updates.
    Really hope that the mounts, etc get unlocked and can be transferred.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    is this intentional that they're bind on pickup and the tooltip is an error?
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    hodielhodiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It says that the items are actually BoP, but not whether or not they're intended to be BoP.
    I hope that the tooltip represents how they should be and that the binding on pickup is the error/bug, but either way I'd like to know for sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hodiel wrote: »
    It says that the items are actually BoP, but not whether or not they're intended to be BoP.
    I hope that the tooltip represents how they should be and that the binding on pickup is the error/bug, but either way I'd like to know for sure.
    The original post had been updated with the Midsummer items that are showing as BoE when they are actually BoP. Yes, these items are supposed to be BoP, not BoE.
  • Options
    heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The original post had been updated with the Midsummer items that are showing as BoE when they are actually BoP. Yes, these items are supposed to be BoP, not BoE.

It would have been professional to say this when it was first reported, but thanks for saying it now. I hope there is an in-game message explaining this, too.
  • Options
    slayassasinslayassasin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    after today's patch, still no change in the merchant's store BOE/BOP text lines, still remains the same, every ticket regarding this issue gets instantly removed somehow or seems to be 'lost', seems rather fishy to me, the devs are seemingly avoiding this issue big time...
  • Options
    poljackpoljack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    I just bough a Green Pig from the summer event. It said BoE, BIND ON EQUIP. and as soon as i bought it it was bound on character?

Just had the same problem. I'm extremely annoyed. Given that I bought it with the understanding that it would be BoE, unbinding it would be the right thing for Cryptic to do. If they won't do that, then at least refund me the Favors of Sune so I can buy something else.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There is a larger issue at work here that is not related to any specific item or vendor but instead some other underlying bug. So, all items showing as being one type of bound item when they are another, are all the same bug. The Devs are looking into this but this issue is so widespread, there is no ETA for a fix.

Since the items are clearly labeled as something they aren't, and people are making decisions that involve many hours of repetitive play (grinding), PWE needs to set up something to let people trade in items bought with petals from the event vendor for either BtA versions of the same or some other item of use. Seriously. It's PWE's bug, they need to man up and take responsibility for it. Not just "oops, oh well". They need to not just fix this, but *make it right*.
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hahaha how exactly was someone to know this without first encountering this bug (AKA having already used their tokens) and googling/searching forums after the point of no return? The items are nothing spectacular but there's literally no other way of fairly resolving this clusterf- than to retroactively make all these items (including the picked up ones) BoE.

Same goes for my Feasts BTW. Withdrawing them from my bank the other day made them BoP (another admitted bug), and even after the fix they are somehow still BoP. zZz, stop messing up.
  • Options
    dangerzone91dangerzone91 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So is definitive .... blue ribbon pig, armored boar and sunite steed is BoP ? right? :confused:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, the ones from the vendor are BoP. They were last year and the only thing that is incorrect is the tooltip, not the binding behavior.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Even if they fix this, do you think we will get refund on the silvery scales or be able to move the item? What annoys me is that I could just get other Iounstones for my alt if I knew we would never get it back, but now I am waiting for a resolution to this issue. Really took the joy away from gearing up my alt warlock.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Unstickying this as we now have a Known Issue thread stickied in General.
    Sticky: [Known Issues - Read Before Posting] Reference Thread on Known Issues.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.