test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shores of Tuern skirmish - my experience

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    a belt from boss (this was interesting. the belt directly appeared in my inventory)

Aww this is exciting! I hope it's not a bug.

If anyone else gets the belt, please let us know.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    15 keys, nothing but junk from the chest. Not sure if it's worth the investment.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited September 2014
    OK I M REALLY MAD ................. i used zen store keys to open the epic chests ...........imagine what it giving me now its 3rd time in a row!!! 60 silver / greater scroll of identity / and rank 5 enchant .... is this suppose to happen or a bug or somthing
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Zen store keys to open a Dungeon chest... not quite a F2P feature..

What's this about the Artifact Belt dropping directly into your bag?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The skirmish is semi-fun and much better balanced than other stuff Cryptic released. I think it's possible for them to release quality PvE in a few years:)

Yes I'm enjoying the new skirmish too , also it is nice to have a skirmish where a DC and GF are actually desirable , I have done it both with and without DC and GF and it is so much easier with those two classes (personal opinion ofc)

Drops are annoying though , three CW offhands , two epic green dragon glyphs , one epic red dragon glyph and for the last few runs rank five enchantment,a greater id scroll and some silver , WHERES MY BELT!! xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited September 2014
    seriously are the zen store chests bugged ? 10 keys and greater scroll of identity now
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    baddeeds wrote: »
    seriously are the zen store chests bugged ? 10 keys and greater scroll of identity now

I would guess they aren't supposed to guarantee anything ,the keys just give you a second chance to open the chest but both chests probably use the same loot table and odds of drops , you can get one rank five and a id scroll from the normal chest so there is probably the same chance of getting the bad drop from the extra chest.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited September 2014
    11 keys still 60 silver / greater scroll of id and rank 5
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People that never played serious MMOs, with raiding, or were too bad to even see the raids cannot and will not understand.

For them, doing this 0 difficulty 0 rewards repetitive thing is a saving grace. There's nobody to tell them they suck and there's no room in the raid and nobody to put them with their feet on the ground.

LoooooooooL , you talk as if taking part in raids in a MMO is some kind of elite activity , you do realize literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of people raid every day , it isn't an exclusive club lmfao , funny how you rekon you are such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> raider yet you are here.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I would guess they aren't supposed to guarantee anything ,the keys just give you a second chance to open the chest but both chests probably use the same loot table and odds of drops , you can get one rank five and a id scroll from the normal chest so there is probably the same chance of getting the bad drop from the extra chest.

At least if they're the same it doesn't make it pay2win that it could've been. On the minus side, why the hell would should you use a key on a skirmish chest.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Zen store keys to open a Dungeon chest... not quite a F2P feature..

What's this about the Artifact Belt dropping directly into your bag?

Because you can grind the materials needed to make the key yourself (not a big fan of either choice, personally)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Because you can grind the materials needed to make the key yourself (not a big fan of either choice, personally)

Well, there is the third option...only open the "free" chest in the skirmish and the regular chest in the dungeon during DD hour (or with the daily dungeon key - I assume that works, but I haven't tested...unlocked the dungeon today, but didn't get in..
    Hoping for improvements...
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Yes drops from regular chests seem to be the same as drop from Mystic chests. That leads me to the next conclusions:

1. Mystic keys for skimrish are not worth buying/crafting.
    2. Epic version is not worth running. You can get belts/boon unlocks/gems in normal version and it's a lot easier for pugging.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    isammax wrote: »
    Yes drops from regular chests seem to be the same as drop from Mystic chests. That leads me to the next conclusions:

1. Mystic keys for skimrish are not worth buying/crafting.
    2. Epic version is not worth running. You can get belts/boon unlocks/gems in normal version and it's a lot easier for pugging.

thats not what http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/The_Shores_of_Tuern says...
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dodgo wrote: »

Hover over the key in the campaign window and you'll find out that the wiki isn't quite right. Unless it's a tooltip bug but I doubt the wiki has that information.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dodgo wrote: »

The wiki's Shores of Tuern loot table is based on the in-game collections pages, which often contain errors. The Dragon Key tooltips also contain errors in-game. There's really nothing that can be relied upon, in-game or outside.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok thanks guys now get back to farming me my shore items in the non epic dungeon :P (imagine if the set bonus works on icosahedron stone!!!!
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Results so far:
    5th key = offhand weapon
    9th run = belt
    10th rune
    11th run = belt
    13th hood

Still have 2 keys left, looking at the info from the key in the campain it looks like Just the boon unlock, dragon gem and belts are of interest.

The belts were dropped straight into my inventory when the boss of the skirmish died. There was no looting info so unless you mention it in chat the group will have no way to know that you got one.

Last 2 keys got me nothing but rank 5 enchants.

Oh and some people were calling anyone that said to kill the drakes last idiots and kids. When each drake dies it gives the boss a fairly big dmg buff. You can see the buff on him and watch it go up when each drake dies. The buff is called Enraged and it shows up first on his buff bar.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    LoooooooooL , you talk as if taking part in raids in a MMO is some kind of elite activity , you do realize literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of people raid every day , it isn't an exclusive club lmfao , funny how you rekon you are such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> raider yet you are here.

Yes I was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> raider.

I finished Naxxramas while you didn't even set foot in it. I was present when my Hunter friend got the first legendary bow on the server from Sunwell.

It made for the most memorable experiences in a game, EVER. It is quite natural for somebody like myself to desire to replicate them.

Problem?!?

Also Heroic, elite raiding (i.e. progression raiding) =/= nab, LFR raiding. LFR still necessary so people like you can see content.
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    My results from regular chest in normal skimrish:

Rank 4 enchants
    Lesser Dragon Glyph
    Dragon gem
    Infernal Cap
    Orb of the Dragon Cult

Still no belt or book, can anyone confirm that belt drops in normal version?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    10 epics - rank 5 enchants and ID scrolls, draconic tr helmet dropped from the boss. 10 normals - rank 4 enchants and ID scrolls, part of the set jewelry dropped from a mob.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    17 runs on Epic: rank 5 enchants, 2 draconic off-hands for my class (HR) and one Greater Green Draconic Enchant.

5 runs on Normal: only rank 4 enchants and scrolls

Another thing: I feel that the monsters in Epic have higher DR than usual. My ARP is a bit on the high side (about 31% overall) and while CWs usually outdamage me on Normal, I get closer to them on Epic and sometimes are the Paingiver. This is maybe due to the fact that CWs front-load damage and kill stuff fast in the Normal version, while with longer fights in Epic I catch up over time, but if somebody has hard data on DR of Epic version monsters I'll be happy to see them.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Run 16 Hood dropped from free chest. First time in 16 runs that something other then an enchant dropped from that chest.

Foolishly feeling lucky, I bought some keys and opened the locked chest. Just an enchant.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I finished Naxxramas while you didn't even set foot in it. I was present when my Hunter friend got the first legendary bow on the server from Sunwell.

It made for the most memorable experiences in a game, EVER. It is quite natural for somebody like myself to desire to replicate them.

Problem?!?

Also Heroic, elite raiding (i.e. progression raiding) =/= nab, LFR raiding. LFR still necessary so people like you can see content.

It must irritate the heck out of you that in this game, the proles like us can get the same gear as the "elites" like yourself.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Problem?!?

That is just a difference of opinion. Most players I know who have have experienced raiding, do not wish to replicate such a thing again. You may think it is a "memorable" experience, some/most other do not.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But about the skirmish itself. I just unlocked it today on my 15.6k MoF Oppressor CW. I haven't tried the regular version yet, only the epic one. It is definitely a challenge if you don't have a GF, but it is total easy mode if you have a GF. I did it 4 times in a row with a GF and it's basically just stand there and shoot the boss. No challenge at all. But without a GF it's a bit of a nightmare. I tried it with a 2xCW 2xHR 1xGWF party and we wiped 5 times before someone ragequit. And I think I was the lowest geared player there (yes I do have full HV). It's pretty much all because of the Dancing Flames. (A second GWF replaced the other CW who quit and that attempt was finally successful.) I tried to control the drakes without killing them while the rest of the party burned down the boss, but I would unintentionally kill them over the course of controlling them (Icy Terrain and Entangle, using Orb of Imposition) before the rest of the team burned down the boss. I think if squishy players are going to try to PUG this skirmish that they should have either the Purified BI gear or some low-offense high-defense gear to put on for this fight if they are going to attempt the "control but don't kill the drakes" strategy.

I think I did the skirmish 7 or 8 times in total tonight, and from the free chest I got the CW offhand once, the rest of the times were just Rank 5's, gold and scrolls. In one run, one member of the party did get the gem (at least that i know of). I didn't observe any boss drop loot at all. I only opened the free chest, not the Zen key chest.

Overall I think it is a good skirmish. You definitely have to be on your toes if you don't have a GF protecting you.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So far I got 2x green dex belts, 2x lantern artifact, 3x dragon gems in about 80 skirmish runs. All from legendary chest with the zen key.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • lordmentallordmental Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First epic run, after wiping against the boss about 15 times, I get a Draconic Cowl from the free chest... which I then promptly equip accidentally when comparing the stats.. I mean to sell it, but now it's in my bank until I get the rest of the set. *facepalm*
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmental wrote: »
    First epic run, after wiping against the boss about 15 times, I get a Draconic Cowl from the free chest... which I then promptly equip accidentally when comparing the stats.. I mean to sell it, but now it's in my bank until I get the rest of the set. *facepalm*

It was BoP by default if you received it from the chest. BoE items drop from the bosses.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Problem?!?

I played wow for 6.5 years. I was a progression raider during most of that time.

All of that said, I enjoy the setup of this game more. Sure I'd like to see some 10 man raids added eventually, but I don't really want to have to dedicate a set time for 4 to 6 hours several times a week to down content anymore. I love the "pick up and go" attitude this game has. It makes it a lot of fun for me. Especially since I work full time and sometimes have an unpredictable schedule.

I have some amazing memories that I will always cherish from wow. That said, I don't want to duplicate anything. I want to create new memories that I will cherish just as much if not more. That doesn't mean chasing the same thing I felt so long ago like you seem to be doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.