Install Arc
Options

Can't upgrade artifact/enchant. [OP Updated with Work-around]

2»

Comments

• Options
    divinewinterdivinewinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks just did a great weapon artifact work around did just fine.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Thanks just did a great weapon artifact work around did just fine.
    Awesome, most welcome. I am glad it's helped!
  • Options
    fangrahhfangrahh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Confirmed, this works for me.
    zebular wrote: »
    I managed to reproduce this and found a work-around that doesn't involve exiting the game:

Work-around:
    In the refinement window, left click "Items to Refine >" on the top left and choose to empty the slot. Then drag that same enchantment or artifact back into the slot for the Item to Refine. This should temporarily fix the issue for that instance. Some have reported this also working and a few have said it did not. If it doesn't, you may need to restart then.

• Options
    tognhojtognhoj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I managed to reproduce this and found a work-around that doesn't involve exiting the game:

Work-around:
    In the refinement window, left click "Items to Refine >" on the top left and choose to empty the slot. Then drag that same enchantment or artifact back into the slot for the Item to Refine. This should temporarily fix the issue for that instance. Some have reported this also working and a few have said it did not. If it doesn't, you may need to restart then.

This works.
    Also to add to this. If you need to refine more than one and some of those are on equipment, you need to keep the refining window open that has the working upgrade button - do not close it. Then select your enchantment and then select refine. This should continue working as long as the original window with the working upgrade button stays open.
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i35qfr.jpg
    I have exact same problem with upgrading enchants :/
    Nothing is upgrading. The GUI is broken. This is frustrating.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    rynardm wrote: »
    Nothing is upgrading. The GUI is broken. This is frustrating.
    Please see the work-around posted in the OP of this thread.

tognhoj wrote: »
    This works.
    Also to add to this. If you need to refine more than one and some of those are on equipment, you need to keep the refining window open that has the working upgrade button - do not close it. Then select your enchantment and then select refine. This should continue working as long as the original window with the working upgrade button stays open.

Awesome, thanks! Confirmed and updated the work-around.
  • Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My issue is a little different and the work-around fixes did not work.
    Bloodcrystal Raven Skull when upgrading from Blue quality to purple, it is asking for a Lesser Mark of Stability. This is supposed to be a Lesser Mark of Power. Will not let me upgrade while using Stability.
  • Options
    jwsteven911jwsteven911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have all the reagents but still can't upgrade. Please help to look into this :(

or5ev9.jpg
  • Options
    taediartaediar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm seeing the same issue. Tried it with several different Runes \ Enchantments and rebooted with no change.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is a known issue. Just when you are in that screen. Click the button near the top left - Item to Refine. Switch it to a different item and then switch back. You should then be able to refine the item you want.
  • Options
    virtopiavirtopia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I also am having this issue. I am not sure if there is a connection but I also crashed to my desktop 6 times last night (has not been an issue in the past) and coincidentally it seemed to happen while refining my artifact. Now I have my artifact refined to 99 and I cannot raise it to legendary because of this bug. Talk about frustrating.
  • Options
    jeeptyjeepty Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have been having this problem as well. I've tried logging out then back in. Nothing seems to work. I'll give rhoric's advice a try and then repost the results.
  • Options
    bolete666bolete666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello there, i am trying to upgrade my artifact, have all the requirements needed as show is the screenshots but the button ``upgrade `` stays greyed out with a red message saying that i dont have everything needed.

Please can someone clarify if i am doing something wrong or ?
    1VAaOM.jpg
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Known bug that's been happening since last week, easiest (and quickest) workaround is to use the drop-down menu under "Item to Refine" to clear the slot and then simply add the item back in. You can then upgrade as normal, although the bug will return the next time you log in.

Here's the thread that was started last week about this: Can't upgrade my artifact
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    moktaromoktaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My problem appears to be slightly different now, the refining window is reporting 2/3 shard of vorpal, when I have 3 in my inventory. Otherwise the workaround listed appears to work sometimes.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    moktaro wrote: »
    My problem appears to be slightly different now, the refining window is reporting 2/3 shard of vorpal, when I have 3 in my inventory. Otherwise the workaround listed appears to work sometimes.
    You need 4 shards to make a weapon or armor enchantment. One to upgrade and 3 more as reagents.
  • Options
    moktaromoktaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah, thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    moktaro wrote: »
    Ah, thanks.
    No problem!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Unstickying this as we now have a Known Issue thread stickied in General.
    Sticky: [Known Issues - Read Before Posting] Reference Thread on Known Issues.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay, thanks. It's being looked into.

Awesome! Because with double refining coming up this will be a serious issue! :)
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    nvw2013nvw2013 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am trying to upgrade the sash of charisma and it says "use lesser enchantments," etc etc. however it will only use refining stones and rings, necklaces, etc! weird. wouldn't take a diamond but would peridot. Have tried the work arounds, logging out, etc. nothing seems to work. I hope there will be a patch soon, this is getting disappointing.
    Also of note I had the issue where it said was missing requirements on other artifacts but was not. I tried logging out and in and nothing. I had to wait for the server 'day' to reset for it to start working again...?

Thanks
  • Options
    musakalordmusakalord Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I also got this issue, the walk around works for me but need to keep the refining window open. Once I close it, then I won;t be able to do it anymore no matter what walk around I follow. Just need to restart the game again and the walk around works again.
    Thanks for the walk around and I hope this issue is fixed soon.
  • Options
    funky0ufunky0u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello guys,
    i have an issue and i hope you 'll help me!! S.O.S
    I abadoned by mistake my 1st arifact quest and i cant reset it.. In which lvl we can take the second?? or the others anyway..??
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so, on the heels of double RP weekend

and there's no official fix coming before?
  • Options
    twm2000twm2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there any update on when this fix will be completed? It is getting very annoying especially when the work around posted in the first post does not work. I do not seem to have this issue with any stones that do not need a Mark of Potency or higher.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    twm2000 wrote: »
    Is there any update on when this fix will be completed? It is getting very annoying especially when the work around posted in the first post does not work. I do not seem to have this issue with any stones that do not need a Mark of Potency or higher.
    Are you sure you're following the directions to the letter? Someone contacted me earlier claiming this wasn't working and then I find out that they were not pressing the "Item to Refine" button on the top left, followed by "Clear Slot" in the subsequent drop-down. I'm not even sure what they were doing. But in the end, when they did as written, it worked.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This should now be resolved following today's patch. If this issue arises again, please make a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.