test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't upgrade artifact/enchant. [OP Updated with Work-around]

crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Moderator Update:
There is currently a known bug that sometimes disables being able to upgrade or refine an enchantment or artifact. This is a known issue. However, there is a known work-around:

Work-around:
In the refinement window, left click "Items to Refine >" on the top left and choose to Clear the Slot. Then drag that same enchantment or artifact back into the slot for the Item to Refine. This should temporarily fix the issue for that instance. Some have reported this also working and a few have said it did not. If it doesn't, you may need to exit the game client entirely and then try again.

Update:
Also to add to this. If you need to refine more than one and some of those are on equipment, you need to keep the refining window open that has the working upgrade button - do not close it. Then select your enchantment and then select refine. This should continue working as long as the original window with the working upgrade button stays open.

Safe travels,
Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
http://gyazo.com/787cf7d692cc58a130c8cca3294fa77b

I have all the materials, but it says I can't upgrade it as I am missing some of them, but I have them all. Tried relogging and switching chars and it didn't fix it.
Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
[SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crazymikee on

Comments

• Options
    horobo1107horobo1107 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same issue... maybe the bug from maintenance
  • Options
    rappscalli0nrappscalli0n Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i35qfr.jpg
    I have exact same problem with upgrading enchants :/
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Are all the items in your inventory or in the bank or mixed between the two? We're having trouble reproducing this.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cross post
    nwnghost wrote:
    Do-It-Yourself Fix:

Remove the necessary ingredients for upgrade from your inventory, i.e. by mailing yourself (personal bank doesn't count).
    Talk to the mail courier (if you mailed) and open your inventory, so both windows are open.
    Open the refinement window for the item you want to upgrade.
    With the refinement window also open, pick up the ingredients from the mail.
    You will now be able to upgrade any enchantments as long as you don't close the client or change accounts.
    If you do either of these, you need to repeat this procedure.

To reproduce the initial issue...
    Restart client
    Ensure you have all ingredients ready required to upgrade an item (without having the refinement window open)
    Refine an item until its ready to upgrade
    Can't upgrade
  • Options
    kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Are all the items in your inventory or in the bank or mixed between the two? We're having trouble reproducing this.

i cant upgrade when i have all items in inventory or all in bank. It does not matter where the items are.
  • Options
    nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm having the same problem trying to upgrade enchantments also. And yes, everything is in my inventory.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Okay, thanks. It's being looked into.
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The artifact I couldn't upgrade prior to the server crash could be upgraded after that. The next artifact, which I topped out and tried to upgrade moments later, couldn't. Tried mailing myself the mats, no change. No answer required, just an additional report.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    I can't upgrade *anything*. I have all the re-agents in my own bag.
  • Options
    xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi. I have this problem too, but I found the "solution" to it. You NEED to sit through the animation of the upgrade process and you NEED to hit the "proceed" button when it's available. If you click "done" after succeeding a upgrade or if you click the X in the corner instead of "proceed", that's when the bug occurs, and you need to restart the whole client for the "upgrade" button to function again.

Edit : Corrections
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've upgraded two artifacts with this bug by relogging.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes confirmed and no idea what is causing it , it is affecting enchantments and artifacts too, one minute I couldn't upgrade despite having all the needed items the next I could ,on one character I couldn't on another I could .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    To me hitting the "proceed" button after upgrading something was the key to prevent the bug from triggering. Someone else try doing that and let us know how that worked for you.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xatriu wrote: »
    To me hitting the "proceed" button after upgrading something was the key to prevent the bug from triggering. Someone else try doing that and let us know how that worked for you.

My button says "continue" rather than proceed. At any rate, restarting the client cleared the bug for me.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got the same issue. All the reagents, in my characters inventory. I just cant get the upgrade button to become active.

screenshot_2014-08-28-21-06-26_zpsb37907e9.jpg

Ok confirmed, completely closing the client and restarting fixed the issue.
  • Options
    thorfynnthorfynn Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2014
    Not only do I have this issue, but since Mod 4 patched I crash to desktop EVERY time I even attempt to refine things...
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This happened AFTER a successful attempt on other toon on the account. The success was on a lesser --> normal vorp.

2d75y6x.jpg
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I managed to reproduce this and found a work-around that doesn't involve exiting the game:

Work-around:
    In the refinement window, left click "Items to Refine >" on the top left and choose to empty the slot. Then drag that same enchantment or artifact back into the slot for the Item to Refine. This should temporarily fix the issue for that instance. Some have reported this also working and a few have said it did not. If it doesn't, you may need to restart then.

Update:
    Also to add to this. If you need to refine more than one and some of those are on equipment, you need to keep the refining window open that has the working upgrade button - do not close it. Then select your enchantment and then select refine. This should continue working as long as the original window with the working upgrade button stays open.

(Updated with tognhoj's findings and confirmed. Thanks, tognhoj!)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I managed to reproduce this and found a work-around that doesn't involve exiting the game:

Work-around:
    In the refinement window, left click "Items to Refine >" on the top left and choose to empty the slot. Then drag that same enchantment or artifact back into the slot for the Item to Refine. This should temporarily fix the issue for that instance. Some have reported this also working and a few have said it did not. If it doesn't, you may need to restart then.

Confirmed! Clicking the enchantment/artifact slot in the top left and selecting clear from the list also fixes the issue. Gj Zeb :)
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

Hey guys, our devs are looking into this and are working on a fix. Thanks for your diligence in reporting this issue :)

• Options
    firefox1afirefox1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yea, I know the feeling, same problem. it started happening yesterday, after the patch.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had the same issue. I switched the position of the primary/secondary artifacts, and then back, and closed and reopened the character screen. I was then able to upgrade...
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hmmmmm, I just upgraded two Radient Enchantments with no problems (other than the standard failures) First I upgraded a 6 to a 7 and then used the 7 to upgrade another 7 to an 8.

• Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hmmmmm, I just upgraded two Radient Enchantments with no problems (other than the standard failures) First I upgraded a 6 to a 7 and then used the 7 to upgrade another 7 to an 8.
    It's somewhat random as to when the bug occurs, I've been able to upgrade a couple of enchantments as normal but then on the third one the bug reared it's ugly little head! Other times it's been on the very first enchantment I've tried to upgrade. Different characters have had different results, so don't feel left out, I'm sure you'll get to experience this particular little bug soon enough! ;)
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    alcattlealcattle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got this method to work with a slight twist.
    Open refine window, click on Item to REfine and clear slot. Click "Done" then go back to refine window.
    Original enchant is still in slot and ungrade window WILL be available.
    Never figure this all out by yourself
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    alcattle wrote: »
    I got this method to work with a slight twist.
    Open refine window, click on Item to REfine and clear slot. Click "Done" then go back to refine window.
    Original enchant is still in slot and ungrade window WILL be available.
    Never figure this all out by yourself
    Heh, I tried to help by adding the work-around to the OP the other day. :(
  • Options
    mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014

same problem overhere i cant upgrade the defenderbanner to rare
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Heh, I tried to help by adding the work-around to the OP the other day. :(

..and it's appreciated. Saved some hassle and poking about. Thanks.
  • Options
    sentinel1946sentinel1946 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys, our devs are looking into this and are working on a fix. Thanks for your diligence in reporting this issue :)

Filed a bug report on this yesterday, I have 3 Families with about 5 toons each, they are all having the problem with an intermittent success. I ran a force verify and removed and re-installed the program; to no avail.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Filed a bug report on this yesterday, I have 3 Families with about 5 toons each, they are all having the problem with an intermittent success. I ran a force verify and removed and re-installed the program; to no avail.
    Please read the OP of this thread for a work-around until this issue is fixed. It will most likely require a patch.
This discussion has been closed.