test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF pve dps in mod 4

124»

Comments

• spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yes IV is still the god of DPS, I'm still a couple mill ahead of my CW's in dungeons on paingiver after I get to Fulmi or V and belt out the single target DPS. But I had to drop battle awareness power boost and part of deep gash to get into powerful challenge to make that DPS back up and get back a modicum of burst damage back for PvP. Still couldn't recoup all my Mod 3 DPS.

Yes reaping Strike and SM both have huge potential and probably should be the DPS paragon but until they shorten all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> animations tied to SM it will never out DPS IV, Sure strike and Wicked strike fire so much faster with enough damage that they burn through stuff.

Regardless if you are unstoppable or not SS and WS still go off faster doing far more damage in the same time it takes RS to follow through with one attack. Make RS's animation faster with the same damage and now we would be talking

I entirely agree. I just don't care about the trash; it's trash. IV quite definately pulls paingiver very well. I only come into play with five or less strong add's. I'll let others initiate combat and clean up the elites to make myself useful. *shrug* Swordmaster has fallen into disfavor, but I still like the feel of it. Reaping Strike is a lot better than it used to be, and I liked it then too.

The thread was just asking for opinions, and that's mine. No skin off anyone elses teeth.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will summarize the opera:

yes, reaping strike is fun, complex, etc, etc, etc. but you had this power as a solution or proof equilibrium.

if the damage had been updated, the base would now be in 5000 which implies that, alone (no party buffs) I would make a> 40k damage aoe (3 bursts> 33k) resulting in almost half a million damage in 5 sec if you had 100% critical rating ... hahahah. multiply by 2 / 3x times the damage (party bonus) and you have what I call a balanced class. one burst aoe damage SURREAL. and only that. limited single, limited control, limited tank. COMPLEX gameplay.

I chose damage: I have damage with my own specialty: aoe burst. there is another burst aoe now? no. = my perfect balance dream.

but ... the "combat designer" of this game is a great *******.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    I will summarize the opera:

Sorry, I removed my comment. It was mean. I really can't understand anything you say though Zacazu, so perhaps I should just refrain from talking with you.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC