test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• ryansalubri35ryansalubri35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bummer... but still. this the first unscheduled downtime i experienced in almost 3 weeks of playing so that's okay. I just came from another game that had servers shutting down almost every other day. lol
  • golddragon13golddragon13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What caused the outage, anyways? Anyone know?
  • netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited August 2014
    is there a link where we can see if the server is up or down?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    How about a SWAG as to when the servers will be back up. 2 hours? 4 hours? Tomorrow?

I'd put money on 1-4 with past mmo history of what happens when things go wrong. 1 more hour if it all goes well, 4 more if it doesn't.
  • shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    12:30 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA no luck logging into server. Outlook bleak. will check back soon. Should note, if this is found without me, i have died of boredom

12:35 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA Still no luck. I fear i hear the empty howling of the Boredom circling outside. I don't know how much longer i can keep it at bay. It sounds huge. Terrifying when it runs it's massive appendages over my door. The only thing that will keep it at bay indefinitely is the message on my screen changing. The login server is what can save me from this terrifying beast. Will keep you updated if i can.

12:40 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA The beast, Boredom, has managed to break a small shard of my sliding glass window. It keeps trying to thread one of its appendages through the hole it's made, but i have been forcing it back outside with a broom handle. It's starting to get smart though. I fear it's learning. It almost got the lock once, when i looked away to grab something to drink. Right now, its between me, and Boredom. I must win this one. Im cooking Pot Roast for dinner. Can't die without having Pot Roast. Will check back soon.

12:45 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA I have placed the wooden rod from my closet in the door track. It broke the lock and was slowly forcing the door open. It doesn't appear to have any massive strength, more like a droplet of water bearing down on the same exact spot countless times. It seems to wear away at things. The rod should hold the door in place for a while, though i fear the hole in the glass has gotten larger. Someone, Anyone, if you find this, tell my Boyfriend i love him.

12:50 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Boredom seems to have disappeared for the moment. I think it lays in wait, hoping i will go outside to check. I'm smarter than that. I will stay here and update my journal. For fun, i went and measured the hole in the glass. it has gotten bigger, didn't need to measure it to tell. Before i could barely fit my finger into the hole, now, my palm barely covers it. There's a decaying, fetid odor outside, coming on the breeze. I believe that's wafting off Boredom. If i press my face against the glass and look to the right, i can almost see it pressing against the side of the house, like it's trying to enter the living room through osmosis. Thank god Physics apply to it.

10.55 pm GMT (Sweden) I have found this journal during my travels on the web.. Please, if you read this. If you are still out there. Tell me, how does one drive this monster of corruption and suffering away? I ask since I fear that it has found me.
    Yours truly.
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • lifelessmazlifelessmaz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    latest tweet 1hr to fix it
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    we need freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stuff................. thats 2x in a week devs ..... like the cata day you gave us a pack............ somthing nicer this time . also i have a name for this event " crash days "
  • tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they are fixing the professions to stop being annoying. Not a fan of the new waiting to finish timer.
  • ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    (cont... from pg 11)

12:55 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) I keep an eye on the spare screen i hooked up. The message is unchanging. "Connecting to the login server. Please wait ..." Other than having to type my access code in, that is the constant. Boredom is worrying at the hole again. If i concentrate hard enough, i swear it has eyes and a mouth... or what could pass as a mouth. Perhaps its like those dementers i read about in those Potter books. Perhaps the Boredom sucks your soul out with its maw, leaving you alive, but devoid of happiness, cheer, and any thought process beyond basic life giving functions.

01:00 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) I don't know what it's plan is, but the hole is about the size of a micro- personal watermelon.. you know those " organic" ones that fit in a small cereal bowl, but are oh so juicy, sweet and delicious? yeah. Thats the size it is now. Don't know why it doesn't pour itself in, perhaps it cant. I transferred my journal into an electronic forum. Hopefully someone reads this and saves me. OR saves the server. Saving the server saves me, so perhaps i should direct those wanting to help in that direction. I think the Boredom has realized the rod is keeping it from opening the door. It's started another small hole by the base of the door. It was distracting me with the larger hole. Only noticed when i heard the rod clunk back into place from Boredom picking it up
  • ronrobaronroba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Just checked on Twitter .... Estimated Downtime 1 Hr. Posted 23 seconds ago

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • thothamon123thothamon123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter is currently offline n stuff.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just give the server a kachunk with a hammer. I heard that worked in another game....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tsukasamcp wrote: »
    Maybe they are fixing the professions to stop being annoying. Not a fan of the new waiting to finish timer.

Amen! 1234567890
    edited August 2014
    10.55 pm GMT (Sweden) I have found this journal during my travels on the web.. Please, if you read this. If you are still out there. Tell me, how does one drive this monster of corruption and suffering away? I ask since I fear that it has found me.
    Yours truly.

I fear not. It still plagues my doorstep. IT is tapping now, trying to find a weak spot. I thank god it hasn't realized i have a fireplace
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same.
    The screen says to wait, I wait.

Cough mirroring, load balancing cough
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • phr33d0m123phr33d0m123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server Outage 8/28/14
    Silly mod. There aren't 28 months in a year.
  • zandra721zandra721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tech One: "Okay.. Think we've fixed the problem. Give it a shot and see if it works."
    Tech Two: *motioning towards a huge pile of various equipment on the ground*. " But what are all those extra parts on the ground?"
    Tech One: "Oh, don't worry about that, We can just offer those as daily giveaways in the next event."
    edited August 2014
    Just give the server a kachunk with a hammer. I heard that worked in another game....

I'd recommend a Cornwell Sledge, they even call it a BFH (Big Friendly Hammer)
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It's the American dating system. I know that EU uses DD/MM/YY. USA uses MM/DD/YY format.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited August 2014

Umm that's the day slot.

Oh weird didn't realize that about Europe.
  • afanasiyaafanasiya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still unable to connect to the server as of 1:05PM PDT, when is it going to be up?
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is a standard US date format. ;)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014

isnt that what they usually do ? :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »
    Dailies not done? check.

Aqua Reglia ready to collect? Check.

Dragon, IWD, Sharander and dread ring to grind? Check.

Sigh.....

It's ok. I don't need sleep anyway.....

Ah <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! I forgot I still need to pick flowers, herd chickens, have water fights and kill trolls too!

I feel you. Still one char to go trough all the event stuff and all the dragon missions up to the last one, which I just opened today... :/
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I'm supposed to just go to bed at a normal time? I don't know how to do that!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
    edited August 2014
    01:09 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Still here, Sorry to cause alarm. I fear it almost had me that time. My eyes started to droop and i grew tired. I fear that some part of it got inside. I don't see it, but i can feel it's effects. Perhaps it's a self-populating reproducer. Like an organism's cells, dividing and splitting. Though, based on the size of the Boredom outside, i do not see any change in size. The offshoot should be the same size, but i guess it's more like a bead of Mercury, when shaken, tiny beads will appear. Perhaps thats how one got in. Regardless, its gone now., or at the very least hiding somewhere, laying in wait. The larger one is still working at the holes in the sliding glass door. The one by the rod is now roughly the size of a baseball. The other one, a Basketball
  • angusx1angusx1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just read here, forums have no real information...ever...

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    The King
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maicakat wrote: »
    This is a standard US date format. ;)

Yes, it's very confusing as in my opinion it should be assorted from the smallest measure-day to the biggest measure-year. But in some programs it's automated american date format which makes me always confused.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's the American dating system. I know that EU uses DD/MM/YY. USA uses MM/DD/YY format.

I have always been wondering about that one. Mathematically or logically it doesn't just make any sense, although mathematically it should be YYYYMMDD, but for convenience I can understand the european way of faster changing numbers to be first, but the US system is just weird...

Usually it gets confusing when the date is less than 13th, in which case it is really hard to know which one is month and day if unsure of the standard. Sigh, when could the US join the global metric-system and get out of the Dark Ages...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
This discussion has been closed.