Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.25.2014081a.4

2»

Comments

• Options
    almightybizzoalmightybizzo Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    TBH, Dom, those players make up "the 1%" of PVP. At that level, its an arms race to get a minor advantage over the competition (other fully geared/booned/enchanted/doohickeyed/companioned/artifacted/etc players). Not sure the pvp community as a whole would benefit from that fraction of a tweak here or there...but those groups you mentioned would experience better game play. I know its frustrating, but if the devs redirect their attention to 1% of the pvp population, I'm not sure you'll get the results you're seeking...which i assume is a more balanced match that allows actual talent to shine even in a p2w situation.
    <3 Aja / Nepenthe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Exactly :(... I have always been about wanting the better player to win. And maybe not always win, but at least to always have the chance. I know with boons and artifacts alone similar geared players, one with, the other without statistically is at a HUGE disadvantage. So I understand what you are saying and I say that you made a VERY good point.

Right now I think the biggest broken and problem causing item(s) in the game are the glyphs. You can take the 1% best pvp'ers in the game, and match them against a group in t1/2 items, green artis, and glyphs, and they will WRECK the top 1% if they have any clue how to use them.

They fixed the blue glyphs, ok well done. But there are several others that are literally turning 50 damage moves into 800-1200 damage moves that can hit FAST. I know that the lower end pvp spectrum is not using these as much or can't afford them, especially if they aren't buying AD (not zen, that is waste of money lol).

But you take 5 guys, lets say they just got their t2 sets, nearly all their boons, arti's to blue maybe purple, run into 1 or 2 maxed guys with glyphs... they will hate pvp... HATE it. And that is what I think is going on. These lower geared players are running into groups with Glyphs and getting absolutely obliterated, then not q'ing anymore.

Even the higher end pvp'ers are getting upset with the trolling going on with Glyphs. I dare not mention how they are being used, unless a DM wants a pm about it. But as a GF I can effectively kill an entire enemy team if I have 4 pugs and they are a premade without glyphs granted they aren't maxed out.

The smallest community is getting a LOT smaller nearly overnight. The glyphs are a great idea, and the ones that work should stay, but the majority of them needs a pvp ban until fixed. Or at least inactivated and reactivated upon exiting pvp domination, OW pvp/domination and gg pvp.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 6
  • Options
    quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please add LFG channel to the level 15 character required to access list, as LFG and Zone channels are the most used spam channels and usually have near identical message feeds thanks to the spammers. Good improvement by the way.

Bad idea. People below level 15 need to be free to build groups too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    quoll wrote: »
    Bad idea. People below level 15 need to be free to build groups too.

can you imagine twinked out level 15's.... lol!
  • Options
    dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the patch but after patching the game, I got in, did a few things and was working on my dragon quest dailies and got knocked off and now I cannot get into the game. It will not connect to the login server at all.
  • Options
    sutherlandnsutherlandn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if it has anything to do with the patch but after patching the game, I got in, did a few things and was working on my dragon quest dailies and got knocked off and now I cannot get into the game. It will not connect to the login server at all.

I had the same problem and so has everyone else in our guild. I tried the FORCE VERIFY option from the launcher and now it is patching like 2G so I will let you know if this fixes the problem.

Nevermind . . . now the server is down so apparently it is a problem that they are aware of.
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014

sword coast has the message the server is down... but the green light is on with the main game page.

i cant get in either
  • Options
    tozhyotozhyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right now the Shards are stated as Online. But cant log in.
    And also. I'm a new player, And I think its a bad move on PWI to change Trade chat and personal messages.
    Even with friends. This is really drawing me away from the game.. Otherwise i love. I was gonna invest 20 euro.
    But not after this patch. Maybe later on. Not being able to talk to the community is a lame move. Until lvl 15.
    I enjoyed lvling and chatting with mah newfound friend yesterday. And today..before the patch. And only 1 bag? Wow.
    As a F2P wanting to invest in a Game with allready locked things is a disaster IMO. I'm going back to Rift online.
    Atleast that game is completely free. With excellent in game currency. All in all, Very disapointed.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Knight's Valor Line of Sight... Fix it... Before you nerf the class into oblivion lol... Don't listen to anyone else. Take off KV working out of the LOS, have the buff apply faster IN line of sight. but once out of it, removed INSTANTLY. Give it the same range as Into the Fray and BOOOOOM. No more scrubby KV and you will only have teams utilizing it the way it's meant with the protector Tree. Even with the trashy Glyph enchants, you fix the LOS bug and it's amazing and WAY less QQ.

But once you fix the glyphs, pvp will return back to normal.
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2014
    tozhyo wrote: »
    And also. I'm a new player, And I think its a bad move on PWI to change Trade chat and personal messages.
    Even with friends. This is really drawing me away from the game.. Otherwise i love. I was gonna invest 20 euro.
    But not after this patch. Maybe later on. Not being able to talk to the community is a lame move. Until lvl 15.
    I enjoyed lvling and chatting with mah newfound friend yesterday. And today..before the patch. And only 1 bag? Wow.

What? Why would you need Zone or Trade chat to talk to your new friend? The patch did not affect personal messages, unless there is a new bug.

We all only get one bag, until we do a couple of certain quests.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    berylgreen wrote: »
    What? Why would you need Zone or Trade chat to talk to your new friend? The patch did not affect personal messages, unless there is a new bug.

We all only get one bag, until we do a couple of certain quests.

I am baffled by the logic being presented myself.
  • Options
    tozhyotozhyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To ask for help with something about the game is one reason.
    Why shouldnt people under lvl 15 be able to talk?
    I do get that Spammers and gold sellers and whatever is a good reason.
    But its getting crazy spammed anyways.
    Not being able to talk to anyone in the game exept for /say is just really weird IMO..
    And i Couldnt talk to my friend. Dunno if its bug. It said i needed to be atleast lvl 15.
    And guilds, Thats a great feature to make you feel like you belong in a small community Ingame.
    But I guess yall cant understand that and dont want more and new players it seems.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see a patch that keeps players under level 5+ (when a player completed the dragon bridge tutorial) from sending "friend invites".

I and several people I know are being inundated with "friend invites" and "TELL"s from level 1 players who aren't even past the tutorial phase, attempting to sell astral diamonds from some website.
    DD~
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tozhyo wrote: »
    To ask for help with something about the game is one reason.
    Why shouldnt people under lvl 15 be able to talk?
    I do get that Spammers and gold sellers and whatever is a good reason.
    But its getting crazy spammed anyways.
    Not being able to talk to anyone in the game exept for /say is just really weird IMO..
    And i Couldnt talk to my friend. Dunno if its bug. It said i needed to be atleast lvl 15.
    And guilds, Thats a great feature to make you feel like you belong in a small community Ingame.
    But I guess yall cant understand that and dont want more and new players it seems.

I can understand it fine, but say and team is not hard to use. Why do you need zone or trade chat to talk to someone. And the patch notes say nothing about guild either. Really, not only have you attempted to create a mountain out of a mole hill, you are trying to add dirt onto said molehill in an attempt to make it even bigger.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nothing about the disables right-click on players name in chat.
    So, it was a feature after all, it was WAI, the fact that you cannot inv any more, or pm any more, or ignorelist any more
  • Options
    indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I cant upgrade blue enchants to purple as before. Is there a bug ? I have the message 'some ingredients are still missing' but for me all is fine; TY
    Indalord I & II
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    indalord wrote: »
    I cant upgrade blue enchants to purple as before. Is there a bug ? I have the message 'some ingredients are still missing' but for me all is fine; TY

I am getting the same message when trying to upgrade some rune stones. Any information:mad:
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    known issue, check the bug forum, there is a work around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blightofdeathblightofdeath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So some balance, but what about the Hunter Ranger and his skill Maraudar's Escape. It clearly states dodge. Which does not dodge the CW: CC. Why not?
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No stack increase for hoard coins cmon every single dragon slayer suffer from full inventory .....
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Commons Devs

Do you listen ?

Can I ask why the refining bug is Still not fixed (or mentioned?)

We have the refining weekend this weekend and now with it not being fixed how am i TO refine my items without crashing 500 times?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Commons Devs

Do you listen ?

Can I ask why the refining bug is Still not fixed (or mentioned?)

We have the refining weekend this weekend and now with it not being fixed how am i TO refine my items without crashing 500 times?

Dude.

This is an OLD thread.

For whatever reason, they're not typically doing forum threads with patch notes anymore. They end up on the homepage instead as news posts. And that bug is fixed this week.

Probably all threads in this forum should be locked since there isn't a current one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    heck62heck62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The bug has not been fixed yet.
  • Options
    zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lately spammers have for some reason started to send more friend requests, mail spam and PM spam too, so you might wanna put a limit on how fast and how many messages you can send to mail by non-guild messages. In PM side, more than 10 messages to 10 separate persons outside of own guild per minute might have some effect to limit bots, as few people write a message in less than 6 seconds, which would thus limit only copy-pasting and bots.

Make yourself 'Visible to friends only' in the Preferences of the Social "O" menu. When you open the Preferences button you see its default setting 'Visible to all' and this opens you to people you never even met (bots) being able to send you blind friend invite request. As you make friends and add them to your friends list they will be able to see when you are online and that's more like it should be.
This discussion has been closed.