test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.25.2014081a.4

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited September 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)

Classes and Balance

Control Wizard
Assailing Force: This feat may now be resisted and deflected in PVP.
Repel: Adjusted Timings to Repel to prevent it from being cancelled after a foe has been pushed. Foes should no longer randomly resist this power too much.
Hunter Ranger
Fox Shift: Can now be used without a target again and will properly go on cooldown when used, regardless of whether it hits targets.
Rain of Arrows: This power no longer builds AP when cast out of combat.
Seismic Shot: Will no longer fire a low resolution humanoid figure when at low video settings.
Soul Puppet: Soul Puppets now correctly despawn when their summoner is killed.
Warlock's Curse: Curse will now correctly clean up when a target dies.
Scourge Warlock

Content and Environment

Dread Ring: There is no longer invisible collision on the path leading from the Vanguard Camp to the Ribcage.

Enemies

Resolved a few cases where enemies could not find a path to players ins some rare cases.

Items and Economy

Black Ice Shaping Profession tool upgrades are now back to Level 3.
Blue Dragon Glyph: Once the Aspect of Lightning buff is active, the damage reflection proc can now only occur once per second.
Oghmas Token of Free Movement now has a proper cooldown length at Legendary quality.
The Rod of Imperial Restraint artifact has a decreased drop rate for participation less than Great Success in the Venfithar (Rothe Valley) and Vilithrax (Whispering Caverns) Heroic Encounters. Great Success in the Heroic Encounters remains the same.
There is now a set bonus for the Scourge Warlock Dread Ring set.
Tyranny of Dragons: Faction cloaks are now properly free to transmute as they state they are.

Performance and Stability

Resolved an issue that prevented the Wine from properly compiling graphics shaders and causing client crashes for both Linux and Mac (please note, we do not support Wine, Linux or Mac as official platforms).
Resolved an issue with some AMD processors having stuttering issues.
Resolved some client crashes that were affected some shader model 2.0 video cards.

User Interface

Foundry map icons now have a nice round border treatment again on the overworld map.
Item and power chat linking works consistently again.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    You might want to look into Fox Shift getting characters stuck in walls etc. I've had this happen to me so many times, often irreversibly (ie /killme time).
  • ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for fixing glyph and making assailing force respect dr and deflect. I appreciate it very much ;)
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hunter Ranger MC armor set is not working!!!

the grasping roots dont apply tried with both melee and trapper and its not doing anything, maybe its because its still applying the old mechanic roots? and since they are long gone the 4/4 bonus is not doing anything? just a thought maybe remove its cooldown time and make it a good armor for trappers? xD
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Assailing Force was already half as effective on players.
  • exandresexandres Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    Wow, nothing about Storm Spell? As a CW I should thank you I guess. But it really gets boring. I can permafreeze people and Storm Spell does huge damage. xd
  • ronrobaronroba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Thx for the patch! , Btw while trying to patch launcher I get Unable to authenticate while trying to log, any1 else having this issue?
  • verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are more than one set of ways for CW to kill these days. Assailing Force was nice, will still be ok, but not as nice.

The blue dragon glyphs, Still not sure if they rolled them back enough, but I suspect that at max they will not get off maybe 12 damage when they proc depending on dots etc how much. At least they won't chain back and forth and never stop if I read that right.

The thing a lot of CW are going to appreciate (and it was legit cause it was overcoming CC etc but a bit over powerful) is;

Oghmas Token of Free Movement now has a proper cooldown length at Legendary quality.

Several people dumped a ton of effort into getting that and now it is maybe not so great. Only time will tell, and if CC goes back against people using it.

All in all a good set of things.

Now if the AH search feature would work better
    The professions would work better
    the dungeon chests would work better

etc etc.

There will always be things needing work in a MMO. I just work around stuff unless it is hopeless then i do something else until it is changed into something I can live with / work with. (I'm thinking about bugged chests.)

Oh, and the orc assult skirmish chest not giving 1k AD during skirmish hour. That frustrates a lot of new players who don't understand that it's bugged to split loot or some such. waiting around till everyone loots the chest helps, but I still think that is a random thing, and fails to live up to what the quest / skirmish says should be happening. Clearly a need to test and repair.

A.

Just read you post and checked. I get unable to authenticate when I try launcher. Must be on their side. good to know it isn't on my side.

A.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dwight/Dev Team:
    What about Threatening Rush? Will this be fixed as well? As currently stands, it only Marks a single target, no nearby mobs are affected, no matter how closely they are grouped.

I see this has been reported here already. Any word on when we can hopefully see a fix? This not only impacts the class in DPS roles, but also tanking to a lesser degree.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was hoping to see a note about the broken ToD campaign Progression (Ghost Stories forever...) and a reduction to player-per-instance limits for Rothé Valley and (in particular) Whispering Caverns, as that is a fairly big issue right now...the HEs there are not working as they should.

But no....

Ah, well...hopefully next week - those are just the two biggest annoyances remaining in the ToD campaign, so I was hoping they would get fixed quickly.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »

Classes and Balance

Control Wizard
    Repel: Adjusted Timings to Repel to prevent it from being cancelled after a foe has been pushed. Foes should no longer randomly resist this power too much.
    Hunter Ranger
    Fox Shift: Can now be used without a target again and will properly go on cooldown when used, regardless of whether it hits targets.
    Seismic Shot: Will no longer fire a low resolution humanoid figure when at low video settings.
    Scourge Warlock

Content and Environment

Dread Ring: There is no longer invisible collision on the path leading from the Vanguard Camp to the Ribcage.

Enemies

Resolved a few cases where enemies could not find a path to players ins some rare cases.

Items and Economy

Blue Dragon Glyph: Once the Aspect of Lightning buff is active, the damage reflection proc can now only occur once per second.
    The Rod of Imperial Restraint artifact has a decreased drop rate for participation less than Great Success in the Venfithar (Rothe Valley) and Vilithrax (Whispering Caverns) Heroic Encounters. Great Success in the Heroic Encounters remains the same.
    Tyranny of Dragons: Faction cloaks are now properly free to transmute as they state they are.

Resolved an issue that prevented the Wine from properly compiling graphics shaders and causing client crashes for both Linux and Mac (please note, we do not support Wine, Linux or Mac as official platforms).
    Resolved some client crashes that were affected some shader model 2.0 video cards.

User Interface

Foundry map icons now have a nice round border treatment again on the overworld map.

No fix for warlock dreadlegion weapon set?? it still doen't have 2/2 set bonus
  • zhiuforzhiufor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »

Classes and Balance

Control Wizard
    Hunter Ranger
    Scourge Warlock

Content and Environment

Enemies

Items and Economy

User Interface

so no plans to fix the fact that i am unable to spend any of my advancement points then?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No fix for the dragon cult upper outfit?
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    davecheese wrote: »
    Assailing Force was already half as effective on players.

It hit regularly 4-4.5k. So it was not.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great to see the Assaulting force, blue dragon glyph and oghmas token fixed! Many people were complaining about those things.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I on a few occasions died from these glyphs going infinite. All i did was activate supremacy of steel, and 434234234 dmg floaters popped up my screen froze and i was dead in about 1 second.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    zhiufor wrote: »
    so no plans to fix the fact that i am unable to spend any of my advancement points then?
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    No fix for the dragon cult upper outfit?

Guys... many people can not even play the game properly due to crashes. What you are asking for are small problems in comparison to this.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »

Items and Economy

• jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Nice to see that they nerfed Blue Lightning and the Oghma artifact. Those two things were really keeping CWs from reaching their full potential in PvP. We can now return to our regularly scheduled 'PvP team with most CWs wins' program.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice to see that they nerfed Blue Lightning and the Oghma artifact. Those two things were really keeping CWs from reaching their full potential in PvP. We can now return to our regularly scheduled 'PvP team with most CWs wins' program.

Oghma was a mistake/typo/forgotten edit so its better to fix it early than wait for months and have people complain about the change then.
  • aobviouserroraobviouserror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so.. why is warlock the only class with different weapon set bonuses?
    By that I mean: each and every class has the same set bonus across Castle Never, Fallen Dragon, Fabled Fomorian and Dread Legion sets.
    That is, except for warlock:
    +450 power: Fabeled Fomorian, Dread Legion
    +450 life steal: Fallen Dragon, Castle Never
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rheepark wrote: »
    I on a few occasions died from these glyphs going infinite. All i did was activate supremacy of steel, and 434234234 dmg floaters popped up my screen froze and i was dead in about 1 second.

I think many of us experienced similar. I consider myself an avid pvp player, and while all this malarkey was going on, outside of dailys, I refrained from playing.

Maybe I can join the fray again today.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ahem - and what about replacing out Potion Slot Fang with the crappy belt version with no warning?
  • lockstar15lockstar15 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you guys plan on fixing the dragonborn so that normal helmets show up when equipped? That would be cool :D
  • danh272danh272 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i can accept all the things (even that i think that your main goal is to make the CW so OP on pvp that is stupid as a team with 2 strong CW can kick *** to 5 man team without CW easly).

but why the hell did u change fox shift (male skill side) back to be spamable? and even when i dont hit the target i get the cooldown - wtf is this joke? u just took the skill out of the PVP.. why? becouse people are moving and u get the skill canceled alot of time so now what will happend is that the skill will be 20% effective on PVP - meaning u wont be using it...

thanks for the Super Nerf patch for HR - male HR. and the going back of the Super OP CW.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My combat HR seems to kill players twice as easy as she used to however I have lost lots of defense despite now being on 65% deflect chance. Thing is that HR has no CC break or anything to get out of stun locks so I found CW fairly hard to beat on it. However I've been playing my new Warlock who is now on 11.5k GS (HR was on 15.7k) and I feel unless I come up against one of these 47k maxed out CW's (lets face it maxed out anything would send me to the respawn point in a few seconds without me scratching then) I can burst one down pretty fast. I can also put all my dots on and go LoS'ing while the CW is slowly killed. The fact their CC goes of faster than my one which has a long cast time makes things hard however I still don't think they are AS OP as people seem to make out. As soon as they come up against 2 competent players it's a different story. It's a team game, not rock paper scissors.

I found my HR works very well in a team however, I'm less tanky so I'm not so good as a bunker but I don't see HR as being nerfed at all.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    scozzers wrote: »
    You might want to look into Fox Shift getting characters stuck in walls etc. I've had this happen to me so many times, often irreversibly (ie /killme time).

Happens to my rogue with Deft strike also. me and one of my mates have had some hilarious moments with this. I almost dont mind it for the lol factor, but in a close match its a little frustrating.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Could you please fix the Dragon Horde coin stacks already into 1000 instead of 100, as currently they are flooding my inventory and many people I know have same problem. I wouldn't mind if you would increase ALL currency stacks to 1000 at the same time or even 10000, as there are many 1k stacks in my inventory that can't be used to anything without wasting AD at the same time.

You could also do something all currencies could be converted into that could be used to buy something usefull.

Also please fix the RMB bug on the chat feed names, so we can again start to report spammers easily and get rid of them in our feeds. Currently because it isn't easy anymore, there are more spam flood in the feed than actual messages.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    My combat HR seems to kill players twice as easy as she used to however I have lost lots of defense despite now being on 65% deflect chance. Thing is that HR has no CC break or anything to get out of stun locks so I found CW fairly hard to beat on it. However I've been playing my new Warlock who is now on 11.5k GS (HR was on 15.7k) and I feel unless I come up against one of these 47k maxed out CW's (lets face it maxed out anything would send me to the respawn point in a few seconds without me scratching then) I can burst one down pretty fast. I can also put all my dots on and go LoS'ing while the CW is slowly killed. The fact their CC goes of faster than my one which has a long cast time makes things hard however I still don't think they are AS OP as people seem to make out. As soon as they come up against 2 competent players it's a different story. It's a team game, not rock paper scissors.

I found my HR works very well in a team however, I'm less tanky so I'm not so good as a bunker but I don't see HR as being nerfed at all.

Seems every class is going down faster now than before, which probably has something to do with the power and armor penetration changes. I simply haven't seen any tanks that won't go down pretty fast nowadays, especially if the tank is running in the middle of 5 people targeting him.

Statistics would say that CW isn't that OP than people are claiming him to be, atleast when you watch the top players in pvp and their group DPS have been reduced enough that it is actually faster to single target kill many PvE mob groups nowadays. I kinda miss my OHK group kill spells, which made soloing much faster...

I think highest GS CW was 20k, which was clearly using every trick he/she knew, as there was parts of two sets and also yellow quality artifact belt, weapon and three artifacts. I still think I could compete with him with my 15k CW without blue dragon glyphs. BDG is currently so broken, as you basically have hard time killing anyone with it if you are without, without dying yourself in the process. Really annoying thing...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I know HR's who can literally go untouched vs any class but a CW. You guys are fine. the fact that you can get a 65% deflection chance alone pains me as a guardian. Right now at the top end of pvp, HR vs CW fight is who gets to hit who first. HR's can nearly take out a CW in 1 rotation, and by nearly I mean they can, just depends on if they hit hard. CW's, can literally take out any class in the game in 1 rotation, but don't have to as their chill stacks never remove regardless of if you can dodge the damage, soon as you are rooted, just a couple spells more, and you die...

I am a GF, I run with a CW. I've seen him 1 rotation literally anyone lol. I run with an HR with over 8.4k power, and he WRECKS other HR's, and can 1 rotation anyone as well. He has fought HR's from guilds like EOA and not even lost a few hundred HP.

Both of these classes especially the HR are Gods in pvp. HR's against any 3v1 combo excluding 2 cw's, have the chance to win. CW's.... they can kill anyone in under 3-4 seconds depending on what is off cooldown, and I am talking 40-50k hp, rank 10 end game pvpers.

This patch only fixed part of a problem, and you'd do yourselves a lot of good to watch some of the higher end pvp streams, not EOA, for the love of god not EOA lol. But maybe an Absolute, Synergy, Streets, or Chocolate Shop premade/pvp and base nerfs on that. Because THOSE are the guys that everyone else copies, and those are the guys you need to watch.
    edited August 2014
    Please add LFG channel to the level 15 character required to access list, as LFG and Zone channels are the most used spam channels and usually have near identical message feeds thanks to the spammers. Good improvement by the way.

Lately spammers have for some reason started to send more friend requests, mail spam and PM spam too, so you might wanna put a limit on how fast and how many messages you can send to mail by non-guild messages. In PM side, more than 10 messages to 10 separate persons outside of own guild per minute might have some effect to limit bots, as few people write a message in less than 6 seconds, which would thus limit only copy-pasting and bots.
This discussion has been closed.