test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF pve dps in mod 4

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    Well, I think we said enough here. The goal of this post was mainly to get some feedback from GWFs, but by now everyone knows what the situation is. Don't hold hopes, I did for months, they won't change a thing.

Yes, as I already said, mmo is a business that deserves to be sabotaged.

total lack of transparency, answers only innocuous or predatory feedbacks. the subject showed a discrepancy of 13% damage in gwf and received a direct response. I showed a lot of discrepancy never heard a "thank you" .

the only time I went was answered by the person who up the patches that after my just complaint about a nerf to flourish, confronted me how the change would affect the gwf (ie in "m1" ... the patch announced "x" but the change real was a nerf in range of this encounter).

ah, I forgot ... I commented about changing the gwf animation . the responsible asked about what I was talking about. I recorded a video to show the difference. something changed?
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I ran CN on Saturday.

1 x 16k CW
    1 x 16k GF (Me, Tactician, running Enforced Threat, Into the Fray and Lunging Strike. Build designed to build party AP and buff party DPS. All of us seemingly had dailies ready for every single mob, build works a treat.)
    1 x 16k DC (High Prophet, the usual story)
    1 x 15k CW
    1 x 14.8k GWF (Swordmaster Destroyer, running full DPS rotation as GF and DC were taking care of buffs)

CN cleared in 35 minutes, including Shadowfell and no ''jumping''. Draco dead within 5 minutes. Would've been faster if either myself or the DC were running a Terror as both of us had Plaguefires. No drops and the DC had his Soulforged popped once because he got caught by the hands in last fight. No aggro issues for the party at any point.

Paingiver:
    1 - CW - 26 million
    2 - CW - 25 million
    3 - GWF - 24.something million
    4 - GF - 7 million
    5 - DC - 6.5 million

Make of that what you will.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    something changed?

It means everything lol.
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    I ran CN on Saturday.

1 x 16k CW
    1 x 16k GF (Me, Tactician, running Enforced Threat, Into the Fray and Lunging Strike. Build designed to build party AP and buff party DPS. All of us seemingly had dailies ready for every single mob, build works a treat.)
    1 x 16k DC (High Prophet, the usual story)
    1 x 15k CW
    1 x 14.8k GWF (Swordmaster Destroyer, running full DPS rotation as GF and DC were taking care of buffs)

CN cleared in 35 minutes, including Shadowfell and no ''jumping''. Draco dead within 5 minutes. Would've been faster if either myself or the DC were running a Terror as both of us had Plaguefires. No drops and the DC had his Soulforged popped once because he got caught by the hands in last fight. No aggro issues for the party at any point.

Paingiver:
    1 - CW - 26 million
    2 - CW - 25 million
    3 - GWF - 24.something million
    4 - GF - 7 million
    5 - DC - 6.5 million

Make of that what you will.

I just show that the critical severity of gwf is not working ... and I have to read it.

anyway, what is under discussion here are not individual performances. I do not know what is being beaten by a cw since m2 (ranger i know... hahah). does not change the fact that the class has more potential.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I just show that the critical severity gwf is not working ... and I have to read it.

You have your opinion and experiences, I have mine. We are not going to change each others point of view. In my eyes a good GWF can still do some serious damage because I saw it in the one dungeon that really tests players.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited August 2014
    You have your opinion and experiences, I have mine. We are not going to change each others point of view. In my eyes a good GWF can still do some serious damage because I saw it in the one dungeon that really tests players.

"I saw once so he is".

lol ?

GWF just absolutely needs big increase of his AoE encounters (Mighty Leap, Not So Fast etc) and to remove reduced damages by hitting multi-target, otherwise he'll still be an outdamaged class.
    edited August 2014

we can stay until tomorrow discussing individual experiences. or we can go to the main points.

Point 1: dps mechanics.

'm a "dps" and my critic is not being calculated correctly. it is not matter of opinion. or am I right or am I wrong. there is no gray area here

2; differential treatment:

* gwf received a series of nerfs to Be "2 in 1". cw dont get this treatment, although this has been justified. changes to the gf not complied with this perspective because it is now a better leader than dc.

gray here? for sure! but nothing changes the fact that: I chose to be dps and I'm not fully on my job. why? because my critical damage is not being respected. individual "A" beat individual "B" does not change that.

what actually is here subjective and depends on your experience is try understand the motivation of the dev.

obviously I'm more disgusted with the dev than with the bug. but the bug exists (or does not exist and I am wrong to believe it)

what gets boring to discuss here (is speculative, but...good sense help) is say "gwf, like dps, is fine because i see one close to beat a 'controller' in dps ".
    edited August 2014
    we can stay until tomorrow discussing individual experiences. or we can go to the main points.

Point 1: dps mechanics.

'm a "dps" and my critic is not being calculated correctly. it is not matter of opinion. or am I right or am I wrong. there is no gray area here

2; differential treatment:

* gwf received a series of nerfs to Be "2 in 1". cw dont get this treatment, although this has been justified. changes to the gf not complied with this perspective because it is now a better leader than dc.

gray here? for sure! but nothing changes the fact that: I chose to be dps and I'm not fully on my job. why? because my critical damage is not being respected. individual "A" beat individual "B" does not change that.

what actually is here subjective and depends on your experience is the motivation of the dev behind this situation.

obviously I'm more disgusted with the dev than with the bug. but the bug exists (or does not exist and I am wrong to believe it)
    Have you got evidences with Battle Fury ? I can talk to a moderator and he can maybe tell it to the devs (like I probably did with astrals resonators), but w/o evidence ... give me it if you have.
    edited August 2014
    battlefury_zps426e0211.jpg

ps: I suffer a lot to express myself in English ... hahah
    edited August 2014
    battlefury_zps426e0211.jpg

ps: I suffer a lot to express myself in English ... hahah

French ?

Explain please, this screen doesn't describe enough :/
    edited August 2014
    br.

i really dont know what say. i have 150% of severity and... or the bf value is added or this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ignore my Pvorpal. I had the same question with the destroyer porpose .

you can see the same in cgi scan. well, good luck. time to kill a lion.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm running a 10k Power Dragonborn Swordmaster build and I'm quite happy with the output.

Considering that BiS should get you to 13k power, I don't think the PVE GWF is in a bad shape. Overall the class seems to be quite balanced now, it's other classes that might make it look weak in certain situations.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Indeed, GWF's dps seems to be good so far, you have to work on it and that's how it should be, other classes received some stupid buffs and all you have to do is a couple of attacks in order to win Paingiver with ease. Once the other classes receive some fixes, that will make the GWF look a lot better.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited August 2014
    Indeed, GWF's dps seems to be good so far, you have to work on it and that's how it should be, other classes received some stupid buffs and all you have to do is a couple of attacks in order to win Paingiver with ease. Once the other classes receive some fixes, that will make the GWF look a lot better.

Devs will never nerf PvE DPS, and when TR will be buffed, GWF will be once again less needed because his single-target will deal less than TR.
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Devs will never nerf PvE DPS, and when TR will be buffed, GWF will be once again less needed because his single-target will deal less than TR.

TR have bad AoE skills and if he only brings single target dmg to a dungeon run he won't be useful at all while the GWF can deal very high AoE dmg plus heavy single target dps, also his mark is helping a lot. When I'm at Draco he's down in less than 2 minutes, when we are doing a dungeon run the boss fights aren't a problem but the trash clearing so let's say TR becomes good and Draco is down in 1 min or 1 min30s but the overall run takes longer... not really useful when most players are trying to do speed runs.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited August 2014
    Yep, even if the TR would be kings of single target DPS again, the dungeon in which it will be useful still has to be introduced. The class really suffers from the overall outgearing of content the most, because it's not how fast you kill the boss, it's how fast you clear the path.

Maybe there are still some runners that know more than I do, but otherwise the new LoL + buffs *could* revive them for this very dungeon. Otherwise GWF > TR all day, any day.

OT: What might help is some sort of legendary version of dungeons that can be run by, I don't know, 10 people? Maybe groups would add a TR or two in that case to speed up the boss fight. The interesting, and more general question, anyway is: There are 7 classes and groups of 5. How is that supposed to work out? Given that every class has its strength and weaknesses, there will always be a perfect composition that will exclude at least two classes.
    edited August 2014
    again, you are discussing subjective aspects. If you ask for "m1zacazu" how he feels hit someone with a 44k ibs non critical in certain build (solo) he will say is 2 times my current critical! the gwf is fabulous.

the point is: the gwf received a series of nerfs, I believe, from a projection on what I should be doing 110k critical . iv more. if I had "13k power" I would be doing this damage naturally? Yup. but I should be doing even more now (and 13k... god)

* but my critic does not work so the projection "choose dps" is wrong. this is not opinion. or am I right or am I wrong.

you can get in nebulous zone and say "aoe cw also being miscalculated the damage and thus the class should be higher." yes, this need to be fixed. and this dont change the fact that I chose to dps and I'm not taking the entire package.
  • rukarek66rukarek66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    13k power ?
    Any chance to know the items you are using/wearing guys ?
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rukarek66 wrote: »
    13k power ?
    Any chance to know the items you are using/wearing guys ?

I saw her/him shes/hes a midget before but now a dragon ;)
    30 str *_* 13k power I bet IBS hits like a whale.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited August 2014
    I saw her/him shes/hes a midget before but now a dragon ;)
    30 str *_* 13k power I bet IBS hits like a whale.

what about Critical etc ...
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crit probably close to 4k since you get a ton of it from AoW+fomorian, ~rank 9 + legendary artifacts + 3x offensive slot stone, ancient rings/neck, rare power belt, there are pets that give 300 power

dont forget u get "free"power from feats
    Paladin Master Race
    edited August 2014
    My forum name is my ingame @handle, in case you want to talk about items, stats, tests, etc...

According to my maths I should have at least 13.5k Power as soon as I get the new weapon but the most interesting thing will be the increasement in the weapon damage which is a lot.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    again, you are discussing subjective aspects. If you ask for "m1zacazu" how he feels hit someone with a 44k ibs non critical in certain build (solo) he will say is 2 times my current critical! the gwf is fabulous.

the point is: the gwf received a series of nerfs, I believe, from a projection on what I should be doing 110k critical . iv more. if I had "13k power" I would be doing this damage naturally? Yup. but I should be doing even more now (and 13k... god)

* but my critic does not work so the projection "choose dps" is wrong. this is not opinion. or am I right or am I wrong.

you can get in nebulous zone and say "aoe cw also being miscalculated the damage and thus the class should be higher." yes, this need to be fixed. and this dont change the fact that I chose to dps and I'm not taking the entire package.

I'm not sure what situations your talking about 110k IBS? But I hit Valindra routinely for 130k-160k when everything is procing and she has been fully debuffed. I've had a coupe IBS's land for 200K+ highest being 263k. The past couple times I've run VT since respecing into powerful challenge I've had hits for 199K and 200K.
    edited August 2014
    I need a Chicken!

Yes, IBS in the range of 100k is not uncommon, but have yet to hit >150k tbh (don't have Exe Style feated in example). But that's first world problems, bottom line is: The PVE DPS damage is just fine.
    edited August 2014
    I'm talking about ibs solo. in party damage is a mess.

solo my max is 84k depending on build (92k iv)
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure what you're saying about crit severity not working correctly Zacazu. If you have 150% crit damage your numbers appear to be exactly correct from the screen shot you provided. Your attacks are indeed doing 150% more damage on a crit.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited August 2014
    ok, explain the critical calc.

for me 150% of 3696=5544

5544+3696=9240. is not that?:eek:
    edited August 2014
    ok, explain the critical calc.

for me 150% of 3696=5544

5544+3696=9240. is not that?:eek:

Maybe I simply don't understand how a critical attack works but if your attack does 3696 then it multiplies it by 1.5. This gives you the exact value your attacks are doing, so I imagine that is working as intended. Especially because this is exactly how it works for all of my characters which means it isn't something unique or different regarding the GWF.

Why would you expect a critical to add your base damage twice is what I wonder.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited August 2014
    "Critical Severity
    The bonus damage dealt from Critical Strikes is determined by Critical Severity. The normal Critical Severity is 75%, meaning that you deal 75% extra damage with an ability if it Critically Strikes. Example: You use a Power against an enemy. It normally deals 100 damage. If you Critically Strike the same foe with the same Power, you will deal 175 damage, assuming that you have normal Critical Severity."
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike
    iam lost...

i understante this: like a said, bf up my wms damage in 800k. my real wms damage here is +/-2600.

150% over 2600=3900. 3900+2600=6500;

6500+extra 800k bf bonus=7300. my damage in screenshot.

is the same problem of destroyer porpose in m3 preview.
    edited August 2014
    "Critical Severity
    The bonus damage dealt from Critical Strikes is determined by Critical Severity. The normal Critical Severity is 75%, meaning that you deal 75% extra damage with an ability if it Critically Strikes. Example: You use a Power against an enemy. It normally deals 100 damage. If you Critically Strike the same foe with the same Power, you will deal 175 damage, assuming that you have normal Critical Severity."
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike
    iam lost...

I wasn't paying enough attention. Sorry.

As far as I know the number within parenthesis is the damage inflicted before ArP and after ArP and doesn't show pre-critical strike damage. You're doing a lot of debuffs with WMS etc. that's being taken into account that just so happens to line up in a very general way with your Critical Severity bonus. At least I'm pretty sure that is what's going on with that screen shot.