Install Arc
Options

State of Mod 4 PvP "ELO" and Class Balance

Comments

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    You can actually get a very good idea how every other class is doing with regards to stamina. Just count the number of dodges they use. CWs get three, TRs and DCs two. Of course, that doesn't account for lots of other factors. But if you pay attention, you'll generally know when another class is running low on stamina.

Stamina does regen and there are abilities that replenish it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    - CW's ray of frost is not ok. The stacks do not remove like they used to. It doesn't matter if they damage can be dodged but the root can't because it does so much damage that when it does root, it is 2 spells then it is GG... ITS NOT OK. I know a lot of cw's hated the skill involved with shard, so you love button mashing like GWF's last mod, but your state in this game is not ok. Especially with all the broken Glyphs.

- The post after you said WM is ok, and don't nerf HR's anymore. But EVERY SINGLE HR IS NOT USING THE BOW. That is a problem. You heal more than every other class on your team combined. Oh you die now when it's 2v1? I'm so sorry, but good Hr's really don't unless it is a CW using Ray of Frost lol....

- Everything else aside, those are my two points.

You misunderstood almost everything in the post.

To clarify:

- CW CC/DPS/survivability is FINE as it is now. What is NOT fine is the easy way to achieve them.

Suggestion: move DPS from autoprocs to Shard.

CW shouldn't be easy prey to other classes as it used to be. To be honest, CW still squishy and loses to HR/GF/TR/GWF as soon as they are forced on node 90%, even with BiS gear and their 45K+ HP. CW does great damage only if left unchecked, from a distance. This is WAI and should stay.

- HR were fun as Archery in M3 with cooldown reductions and everything. Now HR MUST play Combat, and MUST use WM/LS feats etc. to stay alive. Walking around in melee stance is already ugly and annoying. Cooldown reductions, gone, we must use PvE set now. Constricting gone too.
    So all that remained from HR is this lifesteal/melee class. It's still powerful, some might like it - I don't. Way to counter it? Don't let them close. Don't get proned.
  • Options
    sapientsatissapientsatis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2dersidius
    Odd to see so many complains from "top end competitive PVPer" :D
    Your propositions are bad. Why? Because you demand nerfs for any other class except yours. And nerfs haven't been a solulition ever. It's not about "balancing", it's just whining. Have you forgot why TRs in such a bad possiotion now? Cos whiners demanded nerfs.

How about tweaking instead?
    1. Restore TRs damage as it was on Mod2 release. And remove fast invisibility recharge options. TRs must oneshot people, expose and die. Fair. Or you can run around and "hold" nods. "Tactic" playstyle, yes.
    2. Remove DCs self healing penalty.
    3. CWs storm spell procing to often and has to high dps on that i agree. It must be tuned down a bit.
    When every class is OP balance comes.
  • Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I agree that the Control Wizard class has become an easy class to play that wont require much skill. They should never have nerfed the Shard of Endless Avalanche on TABB. Now everybody is using the exactly the same encounters and we can just sit back and watch stormspell and assailing do our work for us.

But I don't agree with you about Eye Of The Storm, Icy Rays, Rays Of Frost or the Shield.

I think Eye of the Storm is in a good place right now. At least if you have the skills you can get more out of it by timing stuff correctly and if you don't have the skill, you will do worse. That is a good thing considering how skillless this class has become.

Icy Rays and Ray of Frost is also okay right now. Our damage comes from Spellstorm and that one needs a nerf and by nerfing it, people will have to choose between the Stormspell and Orb of Imposition. I think that maybe they need to give stormspell a big nerf and transfer some of the damage back to some single target encounters. That will also increase the skill needed to play the CW.

I like the Shield the way it is right now. CW has always been the first target in PvP. We are always the first ones to go down and with the Shield, we actually have a chance to survive the first 30 seconds of a fight. Sadly for SW because now they might be the first to be targeted. I'm not sure but maybe GF needs a buff so that they can be a bit more tanky.

"Let us exist in a world where the person walking around in robes isn’t tankier than a person in leather armor."

I don't really see the problem here. Magic beats steel/leather.

The issue exists here, cws have more hp then hrs or rogues by about 10 thousand.they Also have the ability to deal massive burst damage which mixed with their 500-1k lifesteal and endless consumption plus their 2k regen it be comes quite troublesome

Also you can look at it in this light. As a personal experience that happened yesterday my TR- who has 42k hp, got caught once by a cw and I lost all of that HP and got soul forged and was cc'd long enough for the cw to have icy rays left over again to clean me up after soul forge. that massive offensive capabilities + that huge control is in itself and has always been a cws primary form of defense , so tell me why do you now also get the ability to have the same Dr as a gwf? And have more defensive stats without the shield then a tr or hr

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Yes, if you are 1v1ing that CW/TR/HR/GWF/SW from the start. But what happens when I arrive at a chaotic node fight, how do I know who to ''pick on''? How do I know who cannot dodge me so I am certain my rotation will land without the target being able to dodge? On the other hand, you can arrive at a node, look at the GFs little bar and immediately know the state of his defense.

I'm sorry, but there is no way to defend the fact that only the GF allows his enemies to see the state of his CC immunity/stamina. That bar needs to be deleted.

ProTip - Don't facetank the man in plate armour wielding a shield (unless you have one of those BS guard-piercing CC powers). How do you think I fight another GF? I most certainly do not stand in his face and derp around by attacking his guard. I dance with him and try and turn him around. Every other class has superior mobility so get behind the GF.

That bar doesn't move since mod4. There's no way to tell when a GF is out of stamina. So you got your wish.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That bar doesn't move since mod4. There's no way to tell when a GF is out of stamina. So you got your wish.

There is a way to tell... you just have to be more vigilent than before... The way to tell if his stamina is empty is when he puts his shield down and starts walking around like a Gorilla.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    There is a way to tell... you just have to be more vigilent than before... The way to tell if his stamina is empty is when he puts his shield down and starts walking around like a Gorilla.

Honestly this ENTIRE thing COULD be a moot point if they added a "shield" animation to GF's block. If you notice in the new Mod 4 areas, there are "guardians" that when they hold up block, it creates a blue "magic like shield" around their character.

IMO, this should be an added animation to GFs block, not only would it allow somewhat better "visual LOS" defensive ability for the team, its a CLEAR indicator when a GF has its block down.

I think a LARGE issue about fighting GFs is its so dang impossible to tell when a GF doesnt have that up and when he does, so players have a hard time timing abilities correctly.

This change would allow you to counter block much easier, but it would provide potential LOS group support buffs.

That said, they NEED to correctly make frontal attacks to a GF hold block not apply CC or CC-like (chill stacks) debuffs to the GF.

With the added visual aid to tell when inside/outside block, I think youll find it much easier to try and counter a GF.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

They should just show the stamina bar (on top of the GF's health bar) drain like it does on the GF's own screen.

Fastest way to fix that. But yeah I don't mind the current thing, as I said, there IS a way to tell currently.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They should just show the stamina bar (on top of the GF's health bar) drain like it does on the GF's own screen.

Fastest way to fix that. But yeah I don't mind the current thing, as I said, there IS a way to tell currently.

Well it gets back to things like Unstoppable... They create (and need to) a visual tell, so players can KNOW they are not only CC immune but have increased DR.

Villians Mennace is the same way - if your paying attention.

ITC (TR) has its own visual as well so you know its active...

I think visual tells allow skilled players to seperate themselves from non-skilled players, not only that but it makes it more fun. Imagine a TR with zero visual for ITC, or a GWF where unstoppable had no animation, no "growth in size" and you just had to guess.... Thats how it is versus a GF atm, even with stamina/guard bar being accurate, I remember on my GWF how annoying it was attacking a GF and not being able to tell 100% if he was blocking or not. THATS the issue.

The stamina bar is "OK" but TBH its not as telling AND doesnt tell you if the GF lowers their shield or not, it only tells you how much POOL they have left. What it needs to be is a visual tell so everyone knows (the GF included) IF they are blocking or not.

From playing my GF sometimes shield is not as re-active as you want it to be. I havnt pegged the issue yet but its really annoying THINKING your blocking when your not only to get CCd just because you pressed shift maybe .1 of a second too soon so block didnt active (yes too soon) because if your CCd or sometimes mid-animation (post the point of cancellation), you can press block and it wont activate because you did it too soon, you have to release shift and press again which eats up very precious time that you need to rely on for CC resist/DR.

The "code" is already built into the game so I have a hard tiem imagining it would be hard to do.... Here is what I am talking about (forgive the poor lighting)

Block1_zps7171756d.jpg?t=1408987349
    Block_zpsf3dd4472.jpg?t=1408987353

This "blue shield" animation should apply whenever a GF is holding block.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well it gets back to things like Unstoppable... They create (and need to) a visual tell, so players can KNOW they are not only CC immune but have increased DR.

Villians Mennace is the same way - if your paying attention.

ITC (TR) has its own visual as well so you know its active...

I think visual tells allow skilled players to seperate themselves from non-skilled players, not only that but it makes it more fun. Imagine a TR with zero visual for ITC, or a GWF where unstoppable had no animation, no "growth in size" and you just had to guess.... Thats how it is versus a GF atm, even with stamina/guard bar being accurate, I remember on my GWF how annoying it was attacking a GF and not being able to tell 100% if he was blocking or not. THATS the issue.

The stamina bar is "OK" but TBH its not as telling AND doesnt tell you if the GF lowers their shield or not, it only tells you how much POOL they have left. What it needs to be is a visual tell so everyone knows (the GF included) IF they are blocking or not.

From playing my GF sometimes shield is not as re-active as you want it to be. I havnt pegged the issue yet but its really annoying THINKING your blocking when your not only to get CCd just because you pressed shift maybe .1 of a second too soon so block didnt active (yes too soon) because if your CCd or sometimes mid-animation (post the point of cancellation), you can press block and it wont activate because you did it too soon, you have to release shift and press again which eats up very precious time that you need to rely on for CC resist/DR.

The "code" is already built into the game so I have a hard tiem imagining it would be hard to do.... Here is what I am talking about (forgive the poor lighting)

You know the first time I ever saw that animation I wondered why GF didn't have it.

Everything you mentioned is completely true in the realm of visual tells , just like boxing in real life,you can see your opponent fatigue and it helps a good boxer plan his match

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    edited August 2014

IMO it would silly because that blue thing covers everything (It looks like it blocks everything)

but the GF's current Shield only blocks 80%... it doesn't correlate.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    IMO it would silly because that blue thing covers everything (It looks like it blocks everything)

I believe ayroux used this animation as an example however should this feature ever be implemented I'm sure cryptic would 're-design a new one, maybe something that looks like a larger permansnt version of the shields that come out of FLS

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    edited August 2014

How is it different than a CW's shield? Covers their entire body... The shield doesnt mean it HAS to block everything. In PVE it does, because of the nature of PVE though, in PVP this would be a VERY good indicator IMO and honestly provide some balance around block.

I know CWs are mad because once Chill Stacks is fixed (not being able to apply on block) they will have a real hard time CCing a GF. Adding an indicator clearly says now when its appropriate to use CC or not, versus just guessing.

Even the old stamina bar cant tell you WHEN they are blocking, only how much block is left. Thats the issue and why some GFs seem like they block forvever! Because they do it in short spurts once they see players waste cooldowns.

Its more fair and more balanced that way.
    dersidius wrote: »
    I believe ayroux used this animation as an example however should this feature ever be implemented I'm sure cryptic would 're-design a new one, maybe something that looks like a larger permansnt version of the shields that come out of FLS

Honestly I dont care if they did use this animation to make it easy. But I believe there needs to be SOMETHING in place. TBH I think why not use the blue "forcefield" looking shield. I mean if you can block spells with a physical shield....... Maybe adding a "magic" element to it would make it more realistic...

I dont see a problem with the blue forcefield looking thing. It also, again, allows the element of LOS and a good GF being able to place themselves in-between targets and with this added "animation" much harder to hit AROUND a GF giving it more of a skill cap potential.

Although IF they want to use the same animation, id probably scale it down a tad so the entire Diameter covers only just outside the GFs entire body, it looks like its 2x-3x his body width which is too much IMO.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Although IF they want to use the same animation, id probably scale it down a tad so the entire Diameter covers only just outside the GFs entire body, it looks like its 2x-3x his body width which is too much IMO.

That was my point above. If they reduced the radius then it'll be good.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How is it different than a CW's shield? Covers their entire body... The shield doesnt mean it HAS to block everything. In PVE it does, because of the nature of PVE though, in PVP this would be a VERY good indicator IMO and honestly provide some balance around block.

I know CWs are mad because once Chill Stacks is fixed (not being able to apply on block) they will have a real hard time CCing a GF. Adding an indicator clearly says now when its appropriate to use CC or not, versus just guessing.

Even the old stamina bar cant tell you WHEN they are blocking, only how much block is left. Thats the issue and why some GFs seem like they block forvever! Because they do it in short spurts once they see players waste cooldowns.

Its more fair and more balanced that way.

Honestly I dont care if they did use this animation to make it easy. But I believe there needs to be SOMETHING in place. TBH I think why not use the blue "forcefield" looking shield. I mean if you can block spells with a physical shield....... Maybe adding a "magic" element to it would make it more realistic...

I dont see a problem with the blue forcefield looking thing. It also, again, allows the element of LOS and a good GF being able to place themselves in-between targets and with this added "animation" much harder to hit AROUND a GF giving it more of a skill cap potential.

sounds like a fair suggestion
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That was my point above. If they reduced the radius then it'll be good.

Looks like its in total 2x his height and 3x his width.
    Scaling back to = The GFs entire height, would be ABOUT 1.5x his width which would be pretty accurate from a hit box perspective and increase the visualization of block 1000x over.

I think this is one of the most frustrating things both playing a GF and against a GF is that you cannot tell when they are blocking. It should be clear as day HOWEVER it does need to give the GF full frontal Immunity (see what I did there).
  • Options
    almightybizzoalmightybizzo Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    State of Mod 4 PvP "ELO" and Class Balance

Leaderboard and ELO:

Against what one of the developers have said in an official forum response, it is indeed possible -and it happens to EVERYONE- to get negative progression in the leaderboard from winning

Seems like the developers attempted to add a hidden party priority queue to search for other parties but my guild and I still run into pugs when we run our full team hoping to find another Guild.

In a nutshell… this is module 4 PvP, But I left out all the parts about our very good players leaving the game because they got tired of imbalance.

This +1000. My main pvp character is a CW and while yes, we're supposedly the "OP flavor of the month", we're still squishy. When I queue alone, I'm matched with grossly under-geared and unskilled players on my team vs the same on the other team. I will have a better KDR than everyone in the match combined and help my team to victory, yet I will go down several pages in the leader boards for my efforts. Its basically a punishment for playing well. It would seem that Cryptic would rather I queue with a full 5-man premade, but then why have a Pick Up Group function in the game at all if that is the case? This also happens when my full 5-man premade is unfortunate enough to get matched against an underpowered pick up group. We didn't choose the team, cryptic's system did, yet we get penalized for playing well.

I know, quit your whining...but I'm just trying to wrap my head around what it is that cryptic wants from us in order for us to maintain our positions on the leaderboards. We can't always get into a premade vs premade. Cryptic doesn't provide an easy method to do so - so why fault us for the lack of functionality in your queue system?
    <3 Aja / Nepenthe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Good idea, but I'm afraid this will introduce 3 new problems:

1. Even longer queue times than they already are (if I recall correctly, people were crying and begging for imbalanced matches because the queue times were too long at one point)

I dont think it would necessarily give us longer Que times... The current system takes a while because its trying to create "even" teams. So its picking from the entire pool of players to match up various ELO ratings to give as close to a similar party as possible.
    - The issue with this is that you end up with TWO parties looking like this:
    Team 1:
    42.3 ELO
    39.8 ELO
    24.5 ELO
    26.4 ELO
    28.1 ELO
    Teams Average: 32.22

Team 2:
    Average: 32.46

Seems fair right? WRONG!

because that team 1 could be a DC whose 39.8 with maybe 1 CW whose 42.3 who lose because their THREE pugs are completely incompetent at holding nodes. So while the CW goes 30-0 and the DC supports the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of home node, you get more "average" players who clear the 3 pugs in two seconds then proceed to dominate the entire match leaving:

1) High ELO players VERY frustrated they carried their group and STILL lost.
    2) PUGS VERY frustrated they feel they are getting wiped so fast with no way to combat it....

Then you have these PUGs coming on the forums and giving bad advice because they are mis-matched in a PVP game thats pitting them up against a player who will wipe the floor with them.

What it NEEDS to be is just pick players from ELO rating 38+ (whatever the number is to incoorperate the top 25% of the ELO scores) THEN it should match by CLASS if possible - or atleast "role in a group" so you wont get TWO DCs on the same team.

I think this would honestly be a much easier system if it cut the potential pool down, but then forgot all about ELO rating to MAKE the groups - because it already picked players above a certain ELO level.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Good idea, but I'm afraid this will introduce 3 new problems:

2. Inability for SOME premades to face each other in an organized match (for various reasons. Fun, practice, competition etc etc)
    3. Matching up against the same players over and over and over and over again

As you can see, these all stem from the fact that this game's population, especially those with adequate skills/gear who are queueing for PVP is rapidly declining and isn't growing at all.

For these two:

2) Yes this is unfortunate but HEY! You can go on the PTR. ALSO dont forget it only takes 1 person in a team of 5 to be over the ELO "threshold" for that ENTIRE group to be put up into the 38+ Category. And honestly if the teams cant enter the same bracket, its not really a fair fight anyways so whats it matter? Id rather have THIS issue than the current one of bad matchups and HORRIBLE penatlies for high ELO players DUO que-ing winning and dropping rank.

3) Yes what else do you expect... Would you rather play the same pleople and have good matches or random pugs and have bad ones?
    Also if you continue to get dominated in the 38+ group, youll lose ELO back down to the sub-38s and have better competition.... Seems reasonable to me TBH.

4) Yes population is an issue, but lets think about it for a second.
    If there are 800+ players in the top 25%, this gives a potential pool of 200 players. Id have a hard time believing there wont be ATLEAST 5% of that 200 online to match up. Thats 10 people. Almost enytime I look at my friends list I see >10 players in the top 25%.
    If there is no match available, MAYBE it can broaden the range down to 36+(30-35%) in ELO. However I dont think itll be a big problem TBH.

Also dont forget (again) that 1 person 38+ who Ques with lower ELO players gets brought into that category of 38+. This could potentially lower the ELO of those 38+ when they win, but people rarely want to see a loss on their records so I doubt that will happen ALOT.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ^ Whyd you post 2x?

Also, if you have that much trouble killing stuff on a CW, maybe your not doing it right.

On my 55k GF full prot spec a CW pulls me out of block within 2 seconds and by the time I regain control after EF I have <50% HP....

It only takes 1 other class who knows what they are doing in tandem (happens ALOT btw) and my GF dies during that CC.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2014
    Only thing that should be changed on GF is the block indicator...just remove the bar so no one can see what you got there
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Only thing that should be changed on GF is the block indicator...just remove the bar so no one can see what you got there

That would be a disadvantage to the rest of the community and like Ayroux was saying before, to the GF himself in some situations

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    That would be a disadvantage to the rest of the community

Then under the bar we can put another text: ''ATTACK ME FROM BEHIND''. Then we can also put all his powers on a 3 second delay after they have been cast. During that delay a bubble pops up above our head and tells our target what power we will be casting. God forbid that an enemy player has to use his brain and figure out that attacking the man with a shield from the front is probably not the most effective strategy.

GWFs can have a ton of stamina now. Perma-stealths. Why don't they let the whole world know when they cannot run anymore and when stealth is coming to an end, so I can save my encounters and not waste them?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Then under the bar we can put another text: ''ATTACK ME FROM BEHIND''. Then we can also put all his powers on a 3 second delay after they have been cast. During that delay a bubble pops up above our head and tells our target what power we will be casting. God forbid that an enemy player has to use his brain and figure out that attacking the man with a shield from the front is probably not the most effective strategy.

GWFs can have a ton of stamina now. Perma-stealths. Why don't they let the whole world know when they cannot run anymore and when stealth is coming to an end, so I can save my encounters and not waste them?

Im afraid your missing the point. Our arguement is that you can't even see if the GF is blocking or not the stamina drain is more for the tell that he's actually blocking (As opposed to trying to care about how much stamina he has left ((Which dosent matter because a GOOD GF typically has full stamina now almost all the time))instead of trying to out manuvuer a GF 24/7 - because it always looks like hes blocking - when no GOOD gf would ever let you out manuever him to begin with

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im afraid your missing the point. Our arguement is that you can't even see if the GF is blocking or not the stamina drain is more for the tell that he's actually blocking (As opposed to trying to care about how much stamina he has left ((Which dosent matter because a GOOD GF typically has full stamina now almost all the time))instead of trying to out manuvuer a GF 24/7 - because it always looks like hes blocking - when no GOOD gf would ever let you out manuever him to begin with

Many of the so called "top PVPers" have stated on multiple threads that we have to count the seconds for dodges/encounters etc.. Well you get on there and count too, once you see the GF raise the shield you start 1.. 2.. 3. See, its just a LtP issue really..
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Removing the ability to stack chill through block would just make it nearly impossible for a CW to fight a GF. That a CW can freeze a GF through block is fine; it takes a while for the CW to do so. The problem is that Ray of Frost currently does too much damage thanks to Storm Spell.

Instead of removing the ability of chill to stack through block, a few GF dailies like Fighter's Recovery and Villain's Menace should be able to break cc upon activation. That means CWs won't be completely gimped against GFs, while GFs get a (limited) tool to break free of cc from CWs (and others).

The issue with this is your comparing the power of a CW versus a GF in a 1v1 scenario. That isnt real PVP. While in a 1v1 situation CW vs GF is close, the GF has to completely swap out his powers to be competative 1v1, however in real domination a GF doesnt have the time to do that and NORMALLY isnt specced to 1v1 a CW.

Also the CC ability of Chill to break guard is so terrible in 5v5 because not only is there ZERO a GF can do to prevent it, when the GF is frozen then EF'd it only takes 1 other person to notice and attack the GF and my 55k HP tank drops in 2-3 seconds.

It would be akin to Chill stacks breaking unstoppable, GWFs wouldnt stand a chance.

YOu cant compare 1v1s to real PVP, A perfect example is HR versus GF. There is almost zero chance a GF has against a good HR. GFs dont deal enough DPS to kill a self healing HR 1v1 MOST of the time. Its not as big a deal tho because a GF isnt a 1v1 node holder (currently).

The CW isnt a 1v1 node holder either and because of the nature of the class (a controller) they work best in tandem with another player (DPS). Thats the issue.

- Guardians have zero they can do to counter the mechanic.

I also firmly believe that if they added animation to block, youd be able to CC the guardian because youll be able to tell when they are not blocking. Which is a HUGE reason why I advocate for the visual to be added.

BOTH for and against the GF.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh of course a GF can beat a CW 1v1. He just has to get "lucky".
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Many of the so called "top PVPers" have stated on multiple threads that we have to count the seconds for dodges/encounters etc.. Well you get on there and count too, once you see the GF raise the shield you start 1.. 2.. 3. See, its just a LtP issue really..

And your still not seeing the arguement friend . this isn't about what you do when you see the shield , it's the inability to see the shield in the first place 6

Also please refrain from using hostile language and keep the thread constructive

Thank you

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    That would be a disadvantage to the rest of the community and like Ayroux was saying before, to the GF himself in some situations

I'm sure its been brought up but noone can see anyone elses Stamina Bar so why is this in question?

If I can see my own stamina bar I"m fine.

If the enemy can't see my stamina bar, then its in line with the rest of the classes.

The GF has an animation that makes it evident when he is blocking and when he is not.

Yes the animation is bugged by certain things.... but don't base a mechanic change on a bug... fix the ****en bug instead right?
    Enemy Team