test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Server down? (Mod Answered, post #78+)

Comments

• windbuster444windbuster444 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It seems than its fixed guys, I can play again :D
  • encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    I cant log to the launcher =(
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa4aH11ieiRUoUITgxTz33uCw1RJ8zrdXz_A-JvuuHoEeFCYGL
    edited August 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6CJ6I3eIEW8fONvdgDVQAuq8XXoTBGVkQmpsoG1fPHVOqpDKu
    edited August 2014
    Waiting...%2BWeds%2B2.jpg
  • lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mine is not fixed. Is there an option to check game files or any onther fix known?
    How is it possible that no one from the game itself is here looking at this and making comments?
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After a few tries, I got through and even patched in between maps in game.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    took me 20 minutes to get in, but it finally worked
    Hoping for improvements...
  • belgarion01belgarion01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I was getting the 5 try error and then it went a bit farther on when I made another attempt that time it went to 8 tries then gave me the error message.
  • grimfang50grimfang50 Member Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    kiffehz278 wrote: »
    Hello, Up to about half an hour ago, the game ran well. I loged off as usual, no problems. But now after half an hour, I tried to log on and it keeps saying "Trying to Update the launcher, Please be patient. Tried connecting 5 times." and then it brings up a window saying i have a connection problem. I can access the website fine, in fact my other online applications work just fine.

I'm running Neverwinter on PlayOnLinux.
    Operating system is Ubuntu 14.04.

Please help.

Keep in mind the earthquake that happened this morning in Napa, CA. It probably has something to do with this.....
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well I got in once, then switched accounts and the patch server stopped working again.
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I came to the forums to rage I MEAN be mildly annoyed yet inquisitive about this issue... then I read about the earthquake. That's a pretty good explanation. Hope they're all doing alright.
  • m4dm3nm4dm3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Things happen I just hope we can get them to extend the summer festival.....man i really want an armored boar mount. But anyway hope everyone is all good from the quake i know i felt it last night.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everytime I've had launcher connection issues it was due to "CrypticError" application running in background.
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Doubtful. Magnitude 3.7 is pretty weak. Almost like a big truck driving by on a bumpy street.

Everytime I've had launcher connection issues it was due to "CrypticError" application running in background.

Do some research it was at least a 6.0 earthquake that hit California.......https://www.google.com/search?q=6.9+magnitude+earthquake&client=firefox-a&hs=p9w&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbs=qdr:d&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=PBP6U-rNG42uogTKi4GwDA&ved=0CBwQqAI&biw=1360&bih=600
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    . . . Sorry folks! Something seems amiss due to the Earthquake in California. We'll let you know as soon as we're able to get in touch with the Community Managers. My well wishes for everyone in the area of the Earthquake. I hope you're all safe and are able to get back to normal without much fuss.

Mod Note: Since this isn't due to coding, regular performance, or a bug, moving this to General and merging other threads on this into here.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWFs using slam did this....!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • davlan2851davlan2851 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there a problem with the patch server? I'm unable to log onto Neverwinter this morning. It keeps "trying to update the launcher" then fails a minute later saying it's "unable to locate the patch server" and suggests I check my connection. I'm buzzing along at normal speeds....

Anyone else having a logon issue this morning? Is it possible this morning's earthquake unnerved NW's server hamsters?

Same problem here.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    D'oh. Yep - I was looking at CISN.org and their "recent" map was Big Bear 3.7 on Aug 18th.
    Their bookmark just got replaced.

Glad i could help =)
    edited August 2014
    Well yeah i just got on...hope to see you in game.
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Things can't be good over there if Old Zeb can't get in touch with the community managers yet... I hope everyone in Cali and the surrounding areas are okay~ :\
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Things can't be good over there if Old Zeb can't get in touch with the community managers... I hope everyone in Cali and the surrounding areas are okay~ :\
    Dwight's online, just not available, and Akromatik rarely works Sundays. We usually don't have much contact with them on Saturday and little to none on Sunday, except on emergency. This latter is why I have already contacted Dwight. Just waiting for him to be able to respond.

Update: Things seem to be coming back online. Please check your launcher and see if you can get in. If not, please respond here. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I can get into the patcher (with long wait times) but my tracert seems to indicate there's a huge hiccup between the second and third hops, with 3rd hop being out altogether. Makes the game unplayable really. I wonder if it's the same thing for others...
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    5445 mb update moving super slow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited August 2014
    I'm guessing here, but most likely Internet Relay Stations through out the affected area are probably still being repaired, which would account for users having issues connecting to the game, login, and patch servers from various parts of the world. As well, I am sure some areas, whether small or large, are still without power.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol. Like I said, 6.0 isn't even worth turning on the lights. It's getting a lot of media coverage, but it's all theater. We're all fine in Northern Cali. :)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol. Like I said, 6.0 isn't even worth turning on the lights. It's getting a lot of media coverage, but it's all theater. We're all fine in Northern Cali. :)

You're not fine, you're crazy, the ground isn't suppossed to move.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014

Jesus! I'm in the UK and if we get a 1/2 inch of snow everything shuts down for a week*. I'm pretty sure the SAS would be called in for an earthquake.

Edit: Except in Scotland. They're not woosies like the rest of us...
  • cloudn7cloudn7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there a possibility to speed up the whole downloading thing?? It won't be down even if i let the downloader open for a month, as it goes.
This discussion has been closed.