test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Server down? (Mod Answered, post #78+)

Comments

• Options
    kiffehz278kiffehz278 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    d491oZ.jpg

now i'm here again..
  • Options
    glomoroglomoro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dawolfmanz wrote: »
    Folks, the servers are physically located in the same area hit by the 6.0 earthquake today, which is possibly why they are down. Give 'em time.
    keppoch1 wrote: »
    Earthquake in California. They may be busy.

No excuses! But seriously, if anything's going to shake some cables loose, this would probably do it. I'd imagine they're more interested in making sure all of their family and houses and what not are fine than fiddling with the patch server just yet.

Travel power suggestion threads: Air Walk, Heavy Weapon Flight, Cape Glide improvement
    Power suggestion threads: Annihilate
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Time to call the Ghostbusters!
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same issue here in CDT/Mid-USA
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    wwulfewwulfe Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same issue here. Put the brisket on the smoker and sat down to relax and play some Neverwinter... and here we are...
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter has been taken over by puppets
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    can`t login also, launcher won`t launch itself
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dawolfmanz wrote: »
    Folks, the servers are physically located in the same area hit by the 6.0 earthquake today, which is possibly why they are down. Give 'em time.
    move it to europe ;p
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pff. I'm a 40 minute drive from Cryptic's headquarters. My GF and I felt the earthquake this morning, said "Nice one" then went back to bed. Real Californians don't bother staying awake for anything less than 7.0.
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here as well. Bummer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    williamreedywilliamreedy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Valindra seized control of all of the Soul Puppets and zoned them into PE, causing a game-wide server crash.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, i just got home from work, took a much needed shower, thought i could spend do some late night questing.. guess i'll just go to bed.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    grinnoir wrote: »
    same here. Actually froze me when zoning into ghost stories, so I closed the game and restarted, unable to get in either
    Exactly when It when froze up on me as well. The'll get it sorted after doing damage assessments following the quake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psychosophpsychosoph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pff. I'm a 40 minute drive from Cryptic's headquarters. My GF and I felt the earthquake this morning, said "Nice one" then went back to bed. Real Californians don't bother staying awake for anything less than 7.0.

You and your Guardian Fighter? ;)

Have the same problem here for the first time, let´s hope the best!
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same issue using both Arc and Steam on two different computers. Any ETA on fixing this?
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    NOPE

/char
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    krevg wrote: »
    Same issue using both Arc and Steam on two different computers. Any ETA on fixing this?

No idea.. so far no word on a fix
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep. still down
  • Options
    claytondoraclaytondora Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just authenticated properly, logging in now. Seems to be coming back up, at least sporadically.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nope. Still down.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ha. Fourth attempt allowed me to login but now stuck at Connecting...

Looks like they are slowly bringing things up.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    launcher launches, but server doesn`t seem to be up yet, or at least the connection to it.
    stays on connecting.
  • Options
    darmazafdarmazaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited August 2014
    Still broken. I can login after sometime but when i change map the server don't respond and i have to wait at least 5 minutes to be abble to connect again then server crash again when i try to change map. Poor service for a Pay to Win game !
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Just keep trying. I was having this issue as well, but after multiple attempts it got me in. Plenty of people are still playing at the moment.
  • Options
    singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have been having the old bug you have unspent points and it refuses to allow you to try to fix it and you have to exit the game. I am also having the problem logging on. There is also an issue with moving through gates at times where you freeze and need to restart the server again. I continue to have the issue with lowering of leadership skill ranks on different alts. Are any of these related to the new update? Will they help us with the invoking I don't want to lose all the time I have spent on them.
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Just keep trying. I was having this issue as well, but after multiple attempts it got me in. Plenty of people are still playing at the moment.

I can confirm this works, took me a good 6 or 7 tries but it eventually popped open. Kind of slow to connect and I've been having a tiny bit of a lag issue but I can still play and that's the main thing :)

Edit: Okay, *really* slow to connect... lol
  • Options
    darmazafdarmazaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10
    edited August 2014
    I can confirm this works, took me a good 6 or 7 tries but it eventually popped open. Kind of slow to connect and I've been having a tiny bit of a lag issue but I can still play and that's the main thing :)

But don't try to change map or the server crash...
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there a problem with the patch server? I'm unable to log onto Neverwinter this morning. It keeps "trying to update the launcher" then fails a minute later saying it's "unable to locate the patch server" and suggests I check my connection. I'm buzzing along at normal speeds....

Anyone else having a logon issue this morning? Is it possible this morning's earthquake unnerved NW's server hamsters?

I'm having the same issue, and was at least glad it wasn't only me. I was hoping to find something about it on the dev. thread, but didn't. Anyone have any ideas?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    glomoroglomoro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just keep trying. Launcher just opened for me finally.

Travel power suggestion threads: Air Walk, Heavy Weapon Flight, Cape Glide improvement
    Power suggestion threads: Annihilate
This discussion has been closed.