Install Arc
Options

Chat Bugs (invite, etc.)

2»

Comments

• Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also am unable to right click on any players name since the latest patch. The names are highlighting when I hover the mouse cursor over them, but no drop down menu appears when right click is pressed.

Its not my mouse dying, or I haven't suddenly lost the voluntary body movement ability to be able to co-ordinate my arm/hand to right click on a players name properly :D .
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

Hey everyone, we've got a fix for this and will be deploying it with next week's patch. Thank you for your patience.

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you have a fix , why not apply an emergency patch for it .
    It is " game breaking " for most folks , and if it affected the game economy we could be sure that it WOULD be patched .
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey everyone, we've got a fix for this and will be deploying it with next week's patch. Thank you for your patience.

yeah can u pls ask devs to bring it soner on live so we do not need to wait for whole week to can use basic game function ty
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    If you have a fix , why not apply an emergency patch for it .
    It is " game breaking " for most folks , and if it affected the game economy we could be sure that it WOULD be patched .

cause who knows what else it might break?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd rather not memorize line commands. I went through a decade of DOS.
    Done with that. This needs to get a response and a priority fix.

I got this bug the second I loaded the Summer Fest update.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dunno which thread is the 'official' one, since they didn't respond to any of them.
    Will note that I got this bug as soon as the Summer Event loaded.

Please fix asap.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's annoying not having this feature BUT it's not game breaking.
    To invite people just type /invite (there name).
    To message people type /w (name@handle). You can live without being able to right click on peoples names for a week so done wine.
  • Options
    varetmarkushvaretmarkush Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So the other day i tried to report someone for spamming me about the classic "1$= 1 mil AD blah blah blah", after that i couldn't right click interact with players' names in the chat window. I deleted the reported player from my ignore list hoping that it would fix this, but it didn't... so is this a bug or what?
    I can still send PMs via the friendlist window but cant do nothing via the chat window.
  • Options
    drulle1drulle1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have this same problem.
  • Options
    habanerosaucehabanerosauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Much appreciated and thanks!
  • Options
    mzknowitallmzknowitall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anybody know of another way to pm someone to join group in Looking For Group?
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anybody know of another way to pm someone to join group in Looking For Group?

/tell @handle

something like that ;p
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you (Cryptic) know that chat is terribly busted? cannot invite, cannot send tell, etc. We must use work arounds like typing names out...why hasn't this been hotfixed yet?

And what is going on with the singularities? I just rode through like 10 in as many seconds.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Do you (Cryptic) know that chat is terribly busted? cannot invite, cannot send tell, etc. We must use work arounds like typing names out...why hasn't this been hotfixed yet?
    Yep, known issue. Thread merged.
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    And what is going on with the singularities? I just rode through like 10 in as many seconds.
    Yep, also another known issue.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Which of course means cannot form groups. Oh yeah also means that you cannot report-block spammers. Which is awsome now that we have a campaign that takes us to non-level dependant zones and an event in a non-level dependant zone. Cryptic you are promoting gold spammers at this point....
  • Options
    cynogeniccynogenic Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only problem for me is right-clicking people's name in the chatbox doesnt pop. Other than that, everything is fine
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    There's a fix for this currently in testing on the Preview Server. Thanks for the reports everyone. If this is still an issue after Thursday's patch, please feel free to make a new thread report, as we'll close this down Thursday.

• Right clicking on a player's name in chat will once again open the context menu to whisper, invite or ignore them.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The title says it all.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If by hotfixing chat you mean getting the right-click menu functional again, I second this. It is one of the most annoying breakages induced in a patch in recent memory, and affects players of every level in every zone.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hotfix what about chat? If you meant the right click menu then I think we can wait a couple of days.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Hotfix what about chat?

You've noticed nothing wrong with chat lately? Do you just play the forum version of the game?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    You've noticed nothing wrong with chat lately? Do you just play the forum version of the game?

Only the right click dialog not showing up which isn't directly a chat issue nor hotfix worthy. Personally I think /killme not working should be of a higher priority and that's been broken for months. The dialog is getting fixed presumably on Thursday as it's in the preview notes. For some reason they are also leaving out any sort of fix for dragon coins which is just a matter of changing the stack number or enabling them to be discardable, something that shouldn't take much work and is affecting some players more.

The OP was vague so wondered if there was something else I didn't know about. Not noticing wouldn't make me blind though, it's not a necessary feature that everyone uses, you can type commands and invite from your friends list and guild roster. Though I was informed of it before hand. Possibly from a guildie on patch day.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Only the right click dialog not showing up which isn't directly a chat issue nor hotfix worthy. Personally I think /killme not working should be of a higher priority and that's been broken for months. The dialog is getting fixed presumably on Thursday as it's in the preview notes. For some reason they are also leaving out any sort of fix for dragon coins which is just a matter of changing the stack number or enabling them to be discardable, something that shouldn't take much work and is affecting some players more.

The OP was vague so wondered if there was something else I didn't know about.

At a guess, the fact that many people are having their chat pane snap to the log window, rendering chat annoying/difficult, is what he's trying to refer to.
  • Options
    boltages3boltages3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ~

decided to open a new thread about the issue
  • Options
    ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i am feeling like chat tabs are getting swapped randomly for example sometimes my Default chat disappears and instead my Zone which I called it social gets duplicated but it is taking the default's channel tab instead .. does any one have that too ??
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bump.
    This bug (hopefully not a feature) removes the MM part of MMORPG. No grouping, no pm, no guild interaction, nothing.
    We may as well go play Skyrim or Dwarf Fortress.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Bump.
    This bug (hopefully not a feature) removes the MM part of MMORPG. No grouping, no pm, no guild interaction, nothing.
    We may as well go play Skyrim or Dwarf Fortress.

It doesn't remove it at all, don't be a drama llama. It just makes it incredibly clumsy and awkward :D
This discussion has been closed.