test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat Bugs (invite, etc.)

hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
You cant invite anyone by r/clicking on the name. You have to type in /invite name to get it to even work

UPDATE (8/26/14): I also have an issue where I will eave guild chat for some other like Party or Zone, and when I type /g space or /guild I can not get back into guild chat.
Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
Post edited by hudman21 on

Comments

• kozimotokozimoto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same thing happening to me..BUMP
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This has been an issue for a while even before mod 4
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this has only happened to me after the last update PLS fix :(
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No more right clicking to report gold spammers. No more right clicking to invite, or whisper. The entire right click menu is gone.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With the right click menu broken, being able to form parties easily is broken. This needs an emergency hotfix.
  • arimikamiarimikami Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just like the title says.

It is now impossible to put gold sellers on ignore or report them by right clicking on them in the chat window. You can't invite people to team or send friend requests either. Basically, right clicking on someone's name in the chat window does nothing at all anymore. Better fix this fast since people can't ignore gold sellers anymore.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the entire options to right click someone from chat is broken. Cant even ignore or report spam to anyway. Not even private message from chat unless they're next to you or on your friends list.
  • lucentbleedlucentbleed Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anyone else find that inconvenient, too ?
  • fungchaofungchao Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    Yup!
    Got spammed in tells by gold sellers today because i couldnt block any of them
    Shiva TR PVE
    Butters TR PVP
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    More than likely not intended.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    /report name doesn't work?

I don't know if that's a legit chat command for this game, but there are text commands for just about everything else you can do so I figured there might be one for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • ricorpricorp Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Try /ignore_Spammer 'name@handle' (or just the @handle will do OR let the auto-suggest feature in chat work for you)
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anyone else find that inconvenient, too ?

Nothing like that was disabled. Right click on a player's name in the chat still works. In the last few days I blocked several players for Gold and AD spam by rightclicking their names and "ignore player". Maybe something has bugged on your end or your mouse is waving for a goodbye.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rado84 wrote: »
    Nothing like that was disabled. Right click on a player's name in the chat still works. In the last few days I blocked several players for Gold and AD spam by rightclicking their names and "ignore player". Maybe something has bugged on your end or your mouse is waving for a goodbye.

lolwut?

have you played after today's patch?
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Again - all these options work for me. "Ignore", "tell", "invite to group" - all these functions are available for me to choose when I right-click on someone's name. Nothing was disabled. It's either your mouse about die or you're not doing it right.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Again - all these options work for me. "Ignore", "tell", "invite to group" - all these functions are available for me to choose when I right-click on someone's name. Nothing was disabled. It's either your mouse about die or you're not doing it right.

lol this guy

guys, all our mice are dying

no other option other than we're doing it wrong...after months of doing it right...
  • habanerosaucehabanerosauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic, please fix this ASAP! It's bad enough that we have to deal with these jerks all the time as it is. Disabling RightClick->Report As Spam is major fail.
  • blesstebanblessteban Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i have the same problem ;( ..i thank that i was the only one with this problem.. please fix it
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Well...it seems that many players have this issue, including myself. I've been running an intensive system check untill I discover that probably it's another Cryptic's epic fail.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
    edited August 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    lol this guy

guys, all our mice are dying

no other option other than we're doing it wrong...after months of doing it right...

:D agree. Probably a new monster-virus attacking mices

Oltreverso guild leader
    edited August 2014
    This has been an issue for a while even before mod 4

Same for me. Right-click functions in the chat don't work at all.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • dhopperdhopper Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fix 1, break 4....seems to be the theme of the week.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not reporting spammers is bad, but not showstopping. Not able to add people to party - that is what makes game unplayable.
    I noticed that re-logging solves issue for some time, but after few minutes it stops again.
  • kingcalouskingcalous Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, this is ruining game for me. Why do i have to spend minute on thing that i could do in half a second and it did not even harm anyone.

Someone being a little bit of a Drama Lama? :)
  • heycanakalheycanakal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It makes inviting or pm'ing people from the LFG channel way harder. please fix it. btw, you can use "/invite" for inviting people pm'd you and/or search his name from "Find person" tab.
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Replying to whispers, inviting players to teams, reporting spammers, etc etc etc... without RIGHT CLICKING ... gesh... we need this fixed asap please!!
  • leonylbleonylb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the same problem, right click is malfunction after the big patched!!!
    Any idea how to fix it?
  • jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited August 2014
    arimikami wrote: »
    Just like the title says.

It is now impossible to put gold sellers on ignore or report them by right clicking on them in the chat window. You can't invite people to team or send friend requests either. Basically, right clicking on someone's name in the chat window does nothing at all anymore. Better fix this fast since people can't ignore gold sellers anymore.

I'm also having the same problem. Also can not deposit anything in my bank or even use mailbox to send anything
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah im having the same problem any news on when they will fix this?
  • matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also am unable to right click on any players name since the latest patch. The names are highlighting when I hover the mouse cursor over them, but no drop down menu appears when right click is pressed.

Its not my mouse dying, or I haven't suddenly lost the voluntary body movement ability to be able to co-ordinate my arm/hand to right click on a players name properly :D .
This discussion has been closed.