test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i feel SOOOO ridiculous playing my CW in pvp...

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
this is absurd

i can't stop laughing at how crazy this class is right now (btw, i play 60 gwf/tr/dc/cw)

melt people in seconds

can we please get some kind of idea that the devs are listening and seeing this for themselves?

this isn't exactly a nerf thread, i'm playing a **** CW, it's a wow we got overbuffed thread

no, assailant force didn't fix anything, that was never the problem

storm spell + feated ray of frost (50% to add another chill) + shatter = ez mode win

i honestly don't even know what to say or ask anymore

why? why was this implemented like this?

(and i'm not even touching eye of the storm and it's craziness, 100% proc chance for 6 seconds)

also, from dev balance blog:

"Control Wizards filled too many roles in groups and were more often than not the “right” choice for a group over other class, and this was very frustrating for people who played other classes. Given this we took a long look at how powerful their AoE was and how their various powers compared to each other. We decided to rebalance most of their powers to be more competitive with each other and much more in line with other classes."

^^ you guys did absolutely NOTHING to change this concept, CWs still very much fill every role, and even better now, they are NOT in line with other classes...and they are ALWAYS the right choice for a group...whoever is in charge of class balancing and final output needs to be reevaluated....i don't mean to offend, but come on, you guys post that misleading dev balance thread then execute the opposite?

do you guys use "metrics" to test stuff out? how about actually playing the game for yourselves and pvping for yourselves?

yes, i'm upset, because i put money into this game, and this just is becoming painful instead of fun
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    [h=2]i feel SOOOO ridiculous playing my CW in pvp...[/h]

As a non native english speaker, I keep getting puzzled when reading this forum. I understood that, here is this forum, "broken" means over-powered. Is "ridiculous" also meaning over-powered?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    mugiwaracmugiwarac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you are not a cw, and this is a classic QQ thread.

learn to play. close please.
    King Goponov - GWF
    Eleanor - CW (retired after Assailing nerf)

- Brazil PvP Fraternité -
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    As a non native english speaker, I keep getting puzzled when reading this forum. I understood that, here is this forum, "broken" means over-powered. Is "ridiculous" also meaning over-powered?

in this case, haha
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mugiwarac wrote: »
    you are not a cw, and this is a classic QQ thread.

learn to play. close please.

i'll post some screenshots in a bit

i am a cw

are you?

most people that don't think they're OP don't play anything BUT a cw
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Easy way to feel less OP as CW? Change to MoF. They're probably about right at the moment, particularly after the nerf to Assailant.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    as i wrote in another thread - my 16k pvorp rank 7/8 gwf feels about as useful as my 12.7k rank5 no weapon enchant oppressor cw i havent worked on since mod1 that about says it all and its pve built so i dont even have additional chill stacks on ray
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    as i wrote in another thread - my 16k pvorp rank 7/8 gwf feels about as useful as my 12.7k rank5 no weapon enchant oppressor cw i havent worked on since mod1 that about says it all and its pve built so i dont even have additional chill stacks on ray

pretty much...but, from dev tracker:

"We have a fix for Assailing Force going to preview today as we currently believe it is one of the leading causes of extra Control Wizard damaging effects currently."

^^lmao, sad, so clueless
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you feel "ridiculous", you should probably ask some good players for premades. There are enough players (of other classes) that can beat me (not occasionally, but in 50% of the fights). And I am BiS with a min-maxed PvP build playing since day 1 of open beta.

Especially GWFs that have min-maxed their build have a very good chance against CWs with certain feats and gear.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Easy way to feel less OP as CW? Change to MoF. They're probably about right at the moment, particularly after the nerf to Assailant.

The funny thing is MOF isn't all that bad. They got buffs of their own. MOFs can kill my Spellstorm CW if they get the first CC on me.

If storm spell gets nerfed I think you'll see a lot of CWs go MOF and things might not be all that different than they are now...
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    If you feel "ridiculous", you should probably ask some good players for premades. There are enough players (of other classes) that can beat me (not occasionally, but in 50% of the fights). And I am BiS with a min-maxed PvP build playing since day 1 of open beta.

Especially GWFs that have min-maxed their build have a very good chance against CWs with certain feats and gear.

I have to requote this.

Are CWs powerful? YES.

So what?!? HRs and GWFs were for MONTHS, and 2 modules before this, and TRs fill their role amazingly still.

SO GET OVER IT.

Stop pugging and go premade. Nobody cares about pugs with bad spec&gear melting. Go melt properly built players and return.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm an MoF Mage feels like Mod3 cw.
    I ran away when I see some storm mages though ;)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There's definately something wrong with CWs right now, in PvE too. Did a couple of VT with three CWs last night (and no cleric). Valindra was melting so fast that it felt like an exploit. She was barely getting her second air phase off, at about 15% HP, and burning to the ground long before she managed the second large coffer wave. I'd played with those guild CWs in VT a lot of times before- and while they're good, they're not normally THAT good.

It felt like some debuffs/buffs were stacking incorrectly high or something, as everyone was putting out silly dps. I even changed from my GWF to my GF, and if anything it went even faster (I guess with Into The Fray and mark etc.).

I just hope that no-one decides that we were exploiting, as Val was dying insanely quickly.
  • Options
    danh272danh272 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah while all other Classes getting thier nerfs, CW getting more and more OP :)
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    cw can have 46k hp in pvp easy with just rank 7 enchants and 2 epic artifacts with hp, no need for con belt at all, that combined with
    shield gives insane survivability
    same cw can cc u to the death in 3 sec
    and can kill any class 1v1
    has no natural predators
    doesnt sound right to me
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm an MoF Mage feels like Mod3 cw.
    I ran away when I see some storm mages though ;)

im combat pve tr in pvp
    using dazing deft lb
    with 19k hp
    i die very fast
    why i spec like that?
    coz its fun
    still i cry here a lot
    but its fun
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    cw can have 46k hp in pvp easy with just rank 7 enchants and 2 epic artifacts with hp, no need for con belt at

100% BS. x10
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    another rage "mimimi" thread: please nerf this, please nerf that, because I can not score more play, méh, rivers of tears more a baby "whale" whiner, this is communi it very rough. so sad...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    100% BS. x10

wanna bet i put rank 7 enchant
  • Options
    edyitedyit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so has anyone ever read a pvp thread that wasn't full of QQ ....
  • Options
    iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    edyit wrote: »
    so has anyone ever read a pvp thread that wasn't full of QQ ....

yeah all the time
    so many of them were quite constructive regarding perma trs
    no idea why so much flame right now
    it was never like this before
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wanna bet i put rank 7 enchant

yeah please do this.

I hope you don't come with 100 pots on, Vital rings that a rank 7 player cannot afford and such.

PvP CWs usually stand at around 40-44K HP these days (with Rank 10s).
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could we be a little more specific in these threads? Spellstorm mages are OP, no question. But MoF is pretty balanced right now.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    player name << account name removed >>
    has 48k hp with rank 10.
    that is 46 with rank 7 enchants
    no con belt
    but he proly has vital rings hehe
    still 45 should be easy to get with rank 7

send to my mail plz
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could we be a little more specific in these threads? Spellstorm mages are OP, no question. But MoF is pretty balanced right now.

Its a flashback to Sentinel vs Destroyer...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    player name << removed >>

has 48k hp with rank 10.
    that is 46 with rank 7 enchants
    no con belt
    but he proly has vital rings hehe
    still 45 should be easy to get with rank 7

send to my mail plz

It is not easy, and while HP is important, getting such a huge amount means you are lacking Power, ArP and many other offensive stats in significant quantities.

Also vital rings=impossible to get for rank 7 player, as I said.

Getting both vital rings means you will lose on a huge amount of regen as well, or Power. It is a bad tradeoff as ArP is now functional and our hardest hitting abilities scale a lot with Power.

But who am I to teach you people how to build CWs. I'll play mine which has 5K Power and 42k HP, you play yours with 2500 Power and 48k Hp lol.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I have to requote this.

Are CWs powerful? YES.

So what?!? HRs and GWFs were for MONTHS, and 2 modules before this, and TRs fill their role amazingly still.

SO GET OVER IT.

Stop pugging and go premade. Nobody cares about pugs with bad spec&gear melting. Go melt properly built players and return.
    LOL, like making a premade gets you tougher opponents?
    In what world are you living in?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    making a premade gets you tougher opponents?

Fighting premade vs premade does.

Pugging is not important, means nada.
  • Options
    urkmockingjayurkmockingjay Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    cw can have 46k hp in pvp easy with just rank 7 enchants and 2 epic artifacts with hp, no need for con belt at all, that combined with
    shield gives insane survivability
    same cw can cc u to the death in 3 sec
    and can kill any class 1v1
    has no natural predators
    doesnt sound right to me

Would you please post how to get 46k and still do damage. Heck not do damage and get 46k health.

EASY

I just don't see much past 30k possible but I just made this guy, and am not yet even 30 (which means if there is a path to high hp, I still have time to adjust to it.)

Esp. if it is EASY to get 46k hp

Thanks

OH, the epic artifacts, they have to be refined, or do you get them easy just by doing quests or what.

I'm deadly serious.

Klora the beginning CW who knows little and seeks knowledge.

XD
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure doing a partial-premade increases your chances significantly of going against a partial or full premade. Whenever I queue up next to Joe and Flo from the **** Guild queing together, I sigh because I know I'll be going against a partial premade of probably good players.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
This discussion has been closed.