test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i feel SOOOO ridiculous playing my CW in pvp...

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    from the video ive seen of devs pvping its better that they dont, that might have been the issue, there is a big difference in how classes work depending on skill level
    Paladin Master Race
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mugiwarac wrote: »
    you are not a cw, and this is a classic QQ thread.

learn to play. close please.

This! Assailant can be deflected now and takes defenses into account.
    Threads like these are the problem of all the imbalances in this game. NW mentality: QQ on the forums first, learn to play later.

I just hope that devs won't listen to this bs.

You wanna complain about a class? Show me the video, builds and ACT logs of BOTH fighters (for example, CW vs. HR). And then we can compare everything: burst, healing, dps, cc.

A GWF creating an account saying he's a CW who's too OP is not a valid argument.
  • iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    Threads like these are the problem of all the imbalances in this game. NW mentality: QQ on the forums first, learn to play later.

Agreed. Ideas from people who never have their builds right. I swear man, we should just take the top 5 of every class on the leaderboard and listen to them for balancing.

Also, LETS SEE SOME ACT NUMBERS! You saying that it is OP is worth nothing as it could be OP or it could be your personal view point.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Alot of ppl are indeed qqing. Altho i will admint that CW dosent take too much skill now, there are other options then crying on the forums.

For instance:

TR that dosent land DF.
    GF that dosent land bull charge
    GWF that dosent land frontline/takedown
    HR that dosent land boar charge (or whatever its called) & disruptive shot

"omg nerf cw, i cant make 10 mistakes and still kill them"

So instead of QQing as much you should practice landing these crucial skills and it will make your life in PvP alot easier.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You wanna complain about a class? Show me the video, builds and ACT logs of BOTH fighters (for example, CW vs. HR). And then we can compare everything: burst, healing, dps, cc.

A GWF creating an account saying he's a CW who's too OP is not a valid argument.

u remind me on a pure tank dc that has more kills then deaths
    in pm vs pm channel standards that skill
    and normal
    edited August 2014
    This is exactly what I'm saying: HRs and GWFs have more burst than CWs in PvP!

Is landing burst on CW easier than on the other classes? Yes! Does it decide the match? No!
    If you have a well-built PvP CW in front of you, you can't just go full faceroll on keyboard. You need to catch them between dodges. If you hear Icy Rays -> Disruptive! That's it, rotation broken! If you're gonna just hit your buttons once your skills are off cooldown, you will die! This is not how PvP works.

I know at least 3 - 5 players from ANY class except DC that are able to kill me in at least 1 out of 3 fights (1 out of 2 for HRs and GWFs). And I'm a min-maxed BiS PvP build CW playing since open beta.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    Alot of ppl are indeed qqing. Altho i will admint that CW dosent take too much skill now, there are other options then crying on the forums.

For instance:

TR that dosent land DF.
    GF that dosent land bull charge
    GWF that dosent land frontline/takedown
    HR that dosent land boar charge (or whatever its called) & disruptive shot

"omg nerf cw, i cant make 10 mistakes and still kill them"

So instead of QQing as much you should practice landing these crucial skills and it will make your life in PvP alot easier.

beating cw with df takes more skill then u will ever have or comprehend
    thats why u all rock gwf in mod 3
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    I wish they would start banning people from the forums who consistently keep crying for nerfs.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014

ACT parses of Spell Storm doing ridiculous DPS were posted on Preview. Nothing has changed since then.

Assailant was never the problem, so 'fixing' it has zero impact. They should have left Assailant alone and reverted the proc rate of Storm Spell to Mod 3 value. That and reconsidered the 6 seconds of 100% crits at the start of every fight granted by the 'new' EotS. You want to talk burst? A full rotation ending in Ice Knife with 100% crit and a Perfect Vorpal is going to be tough to beat.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    beating cw with df takes more skill then u will ever have or comprehend
    thats why u all rock gwf in mod 3
    Fact: landing a shard is much harder than landing a DF.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    I wish they would start banning people from the forums who consistently keep crying for nerfs.
    Exactly they should ban all those crying noobs who made TR useless by all nerfs during entire year.
    bvira wrote: »
    Fact CW is op in both pve and pvp. Another fact:CW which is control class and aoe class has the best daily, ice knife on 6 k power, dealing 16-18,5 k dmg while TR single target class without any control and with no real defense as CW has the best single target daily, shocking execution on 6 k power, dealing 3,5-4 k dmg. You really embarrass yourselves if you can't see how ridiculous it all is.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's like Devs don't play, they just see QQ ("Feedback") and they make the changes, but they NEVER test the changes by themselves, that's the only explanation I can think.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    That was TRs. There was an early attempt at nerfing stealth by making the stealth meter diminish with each attack, but TRs cried so much about it they decided not to do it. So they nerfed other aspects of TRs instead, to bring them into line. So those "crying noobs" who made TRs useless... were TRs.
    If you want stealth be as useless as you just said then:
    GWF has to break unstoppable each time they hit with encounter. HR has to have cooldown on melee/range attacks like 10 seconds. Same CW has to have useless tab skill and all other classes. If you don't agree on those conditions then you are another hypocrite.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW has the best single target daily, shocking execution on 6 k power, dealing 3,5-4 k dmg. You really embarrass yourselves if you can't see how ridiculous it all is.

None of the TRs dailys can be dodged. While ALL of the CWs can be easily dodged, even more so now since the longer casting time on ice knife.
    I admit that the TR is in a bad spot right now, forcing everyone to go permastealth. But just wait until mod5. Your rework is coming then.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Exactly they should ban all those crying noobs who made TR useless by all nerfs during entire year.

Fact CW is op in both pve and pvp. Another fact:CW which is control class and aoe class has the best daily, ice knife on 6 k power, dealing 16-18,5 k dmg while TR single target class without any control and with no real defense as CW has the best single target daily, shocking execution on 6 k power, dealing 3,5-4 k dmg. You really embarrass yourselves if you can't see how ridiculous it all is.

Whirlwind + vorpal + overrun critical = 20k+ crit, hits multiple targets, can't be mitigated, can't be dodged. Talk about broken daily.

"shocking execution on 6 k power, dealing 3,5-4 k dmg. ", maybe you are just one of those idiots who use it on someone with full HP.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It is not easy, and while HP is important, getting such a huge amount means you are lacking Power, ArP and many other offensive stats in significant quantities.

Also vital rings=impossible to get for rank 7 player, as I said.

Getting both vital rings means you will lose on a huge amount of regen as well, or Power. It is a bad tradeoff as ArP is now functional and our hardest hitting abilities scale a lot with Power.

But who am I to teach you people how to build CWs. I'll play mine which has 5K Power and 42k HP, you play yours with 2500 Power and 48k Hp lol.

Well that's the point now lol. Cw can easily just concentrate on high hp + regen and still kill people very fast due to the broken powers. I was on test server for weeks with my 19k gf with near 50k hp and some cw players with 3k power and low arm pen was killing me in seconds. It still happened in game now, I'm glad cw got a buff since they was no challenge in mod 3 but they should have the best dmg, control and survivability out of ll chars.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to requote this.

Are CWs powerful? YES.

So what?!? HRs and GWFs were for MONTHS, and 2 modules before this, and TRs fill their role amazingly still.

SO GET OVER IT.

Stop pugging and go premade. Nobody cares about pugs with bad spec&gear melting. Go melt properly built players and return.

So what?

HRs and GWFs were overpowered last module, so it's fine for CWs to be overpowered this module?

No.

A CW can melt things with an AT-WILL with the right build. BiS DCs cannot out-heal an AT-WILL. Sorry, but that's ridiculous.
    edited August 2014
    ACT parses of Spell Storm doing ridiculous DPS were posted on Preview. Nothing has changed since then.

Assailant was never the problem, so 'fixing' it has zero impact. They should have left Assailant alone and reverted the proc rate of Storm Spell to Mod 3 value. That and reconsidered the 6 seconds of 100% crits at the start of every fight granted by the 'new' EotS. You want to talk burst? A full rotation ending in Ice Knife with 100% crit and a Perfect Vorpal is going to be tough to beat.

This! Now read what you just wrote! Perfect Vorpal? Try using that. You won't even have a fraction of HR's burst in PvP. Well, maybe 40% max. of what an HR deals in 1 rotation. Why? Because Storm Spell won't proc and Assailant will proc over 60% less (effectively, you will have an Assailant proc every 12 - 15 sec instead of every 5). No, forget Vorpal. You wanna talk about OP? Let's talk about OP: Plague Fire. But then the crit doesn't matter. Yes, Storm Spell and Assailant make up for the biggest part of the PvP CW's DPS. You know why? Because our other skills don't even tickle since the damage nerfs. And as I stated before, CW is and "easy-to-play" class. But with the recent adjustments to Assailant, definitely not OP.
    izidius wrote: »

Well, in successful games, this is exactly what happens (after 1 warning). And not only from the forums. In the game I have in mind, a forums ban also means a game ban. And since you need to buy that game at least once before you can continue f2p, you don't see that many troll "forum accs" supporting nerfs.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bvira wrote: »

That's actually not true. I've played both classes and even though landing a shard is harder then landing ROE which does DOT even if it's dodged.. Shard on tab was way easier to land then duelist flurry for the simple fact that if you got someone in a EF then it was easy but with DF you had no CCs (in the usual perma rotation) making it alot more challenging
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, in successful games, this is exactly what happens (after 1 warning). And not only from the forums. In the game I have in mind, a forums ban also means a game ban. And since you need to buy that game at least once before you can continue f2p, you don't see that many troll "forum accs" supporting nerfs.

How is that even legal.... The forums aren't apart of the actual game (you don't have to buy the forums along with it) so banning someone in the game because of something they wrote on the forums is messed up.. I would sue
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Why dont you try fighting a lifesteal build HR and see how long you survive with their insane damage and regen
    Dr. Phil
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If a dev someday will read this why u dont give us the chance too test new equipment on the testshard?!? I mean broken artifacts/enchants/sets could be fixed until they went live. Next big thing will be the HR with the Dragon Weapon! I mean 10% aimed strike and +30% dmg for melee attacks wtf?:S if this only counts for at wills this will be insane....
    Sry for my horrible english greeting from swtizerland
    Deadpool/Shakur

EDIT: If this game would be "balanced" right now with the last boon of ToD it will be unbalanced again i expect a huge passiv buff for HR and maybe DC/TR/Warlock
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    If a dev someday will read this why u dont give us the chance too test new equipment on the testshard?!? I mean broken artifacts/enchants/sets could be fixed until they went live. Next big thing will be the HR with the Dragon Weapon! I mean 10% aimed strike and +30% dmg for melee attacks wtf?:S if this only counts for at wills this will be insane....
    Sry for my horrible english greeting from swtizerland
    Deadpool/Shakur

Test shard is meant to be for testing but they don't let players test much. You should be able to get any item fro free there and test anything you want them it would also fix 90% of the in game problems to do with broken items.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thats what i am talkin about and for me is this normal in any other mmo but they try to balance this game at a state we have nothing of the new gear and couldnt even test it on the preview :S But its as well the fault of the pvp community everyone uses every exploid or bug to benefit the most this is not even competitive thinking -.- and the leadboard ruined the pvp moral completly and its just meaningless whos on top...
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This! Now read what you just wrote! Perfect Vorpal? Try using that. You won't even have a fraction of HR's burst in PvP. Well, maybe 40% max. of what an HR deals in 1 rotation. Why? Because Storm Spell won't proc and Assailant will proc over 60% less (effectively, you will have an Assailant proc every 12 - 15 sec instead of every 5). No, forget Vorpal. You wanna talk about OP? Let's talk about OP: Plague Fire. But then the crit doesn't matter. Yes, Storm Spell and Assailant make up for the biggest part of the PvP CW's DPS. You know why? Because our other skills don't even tickle since the damage nerfs. And as I stated before, CW is and "easy-to-play" class. But with the recent adjustments to Assailant, definitely not OP.
    Which flavour of HR are we talking here? Archer you're probably right, but they last about as long as a snowflake in a blast furnace. Combat burst is respectable but not more than that.

And crit always matters, even without a Vorpal.

Storm Spell contributed more DPS than Assailant even pre-nerf according to the ACT parses posted on Preview. And nobody saw OP DPS before Storm Spell was buffed. They nerfed the wrong thing.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel good when people admit that their class is broken and OP. I suspect OP got depressed because of countless insults in PM and ignores while playing on CW.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    None of the TRs dailys can be dodged. While ALL of the CWs can be easily dodged, even more so now since the longer casting time on ice knife.
    I admit that the TR is in a bad spot right now, forcing everyone to go permastealth. But just wait until mod5. Your rework is coming then.

I wouldn't say TR is in a bad spot right now. There's just about as many of them as CWs in the top pages, and most of my games are pretty much determined by who has the better perma. I kill like crazy on my OP CW, but I can't stay and hold a point like TRs can. Nobody else can now that HR healing is down.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't say TR is in a bad spot right now. There's just about as many of them as CWs in the top pages, and most of my games are pretty much determined by who has the better perma. I kill like crazy on my OP CW, but I can't stay and hold a point like TRs can. Nobody else can now that HR healing is down.

I think that by "TR is in a bad spot" he meant that there's no other way to play with a TR but going perma stealth; they can't survive without it.

Not only perma stealth is too good, but also the other builds are too bad. A while ago Impact Shot was a good power in good hands, now only losers use it :S
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    There's definately something wrong with CWs right now, in PvE too. Did a couple of VT with three CWs last night (and no cleric). Valindra was melting so fast that it felt like an exploit. She was barely getting her second air phase off, at about 15% HP, and burning to the ground long before she managed the second large coffer wave. I'd played with those guild CWs in VT a lot of times before- and while they're good, they're not normally THAT good.

It felt like some debuffs/buffs were stacking incorrectly high or something, as everyone was putting out silly dps. I even changed from my GWF to my GF, and if anything it went even faster (I guess with Into The Fray and mark etc.).

I just hope that no-one decides that we were exploiting, as Val was dying insanely quickly.

I saw the same thing against one dragon.

and that is funny: Yesterday I was watching some gameplays on cn. the damage values ​​not seem high, but the enemies die very, very fast.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Could we be a little more specific in these threads? Spellstorm mages are OP, no question. But MoF is pretty balanced right now.

i was pretty specific in the OP, read the red text

assailant force was not the problem, ever

i never used it, i'm oppressor spec, and i'm melting people in seconds, and yeah, i'm trying to set up a video
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I feel good when people admit that their class is broken and OP. I suspect OP got depressed because of countless insults in PM and ignores while playing on CW.

i didn't actually, i just get tired of horribly imbalanced pvp, it swings really far one way for a mod (tr mod1, gwf mod2,3), then swings back really far another mod (cw mod4)...(hrs in every mod have been OP tho haha)
    Agreed. Ideas from people who never have their builds right. I swear man, we should just take the top 5 of every class on the leaderboard and listen to them for balancing.

Also, LETS SEE SOME ACT NUMBERS! You saying that it is OP is worth nothing as it could be OP or it could be your personal view point.

are you a CW? i swear, a lot of CWs are just lying to themselves right now, trying to enjoy being at the top for once....as illegitimate as it may be
This discussion has been closed.